EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 05:34 AM   #1
Niami DenMother

I can already picture poor Domino cringing as I bring this up, but after doing slogging through the Frillik Tide instance once I am doing a HUGE cheer that once this goes live, the adventuring side only has to do that fussy and unforgiving mess once and it will be optional for the alts on the same account, who can also just skip directly to Obulus and pick up their sig line there.

Could you consider doing something similar on the crafting side of things? The thought of having to do that ship *that* many times for the crafting army, is overwhelming, even if I get better and faster at it due to far too much practice.

Thanks!
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:03 PM   #2
Ocarinah

+1,000,000,000,000.
Ocarinah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 06:47 PM   #3
Elinea

Also, as I stated in another post, all of my crafters are also max level adventure. Does this mean I'll have to do the ship quest twice? Once for each quest line? I sure hope not, because I'm already /headdesk'ing on the first try.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 10:07 PM   #4
Domino

Developer

The good news is that the ship quest an easy ~10 minutes or so once you figure out how to do it.

I plan to put in the option to skip the ship for tradeskill quests also. Will happen at end of beta though. Smile
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2016, 11:08 PM   #5
Mezaka

Thank you Domino!
Old 10-12-2016, 11:24 PM   #6
Niami DenMother

THANK YOU!

Yep, it is easy once you know what you're doing, mostly. But if you have a cat on the keyboard {eyes Ocarinah with a snicker} or a stray sneeze at the wrong time while you're creeping in that crate {raises hand sheepishly}, having to backtrack so many steps can still be frustrating. Having an option for the less masochistic of us to skip that part would be lovely. BigGrin And yes, I figured this would be something only for the live servers, like the adventuring version bypass. Smile
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 11:00 PM   #7
Senya

I've not really had a chance to play in beta yet, but I have to say it is so very nice to see Domino back and working on tradeskills. Smile
Old 10-15-2016, 05:05 PM   #8
Anatha

This is good to hear as I have a total of 9 characters that are all crafters with only 2 being my main and main alt for raids and adventuring. The idea of taking all of them through the ship while it is much easier now that I know what I am doing is still a long process with that many characters. I know others have a lot more than I do and I can hear the cries of joy now that they don't need to bring all bazillion through the ship! Wink

FYI, all my toons are also level 100 and have done their ER. So now I have the daunting task of getting them all through Epic 1.0 before they can do Epic 2.0. I may not use them in raids, groups, etc but I still like to be on top of things! Wink Oh and at least the beastlord is done without having to worry about it!
Old 10-16-2016, 06:47 AM   #9
Canth

I 1000% agree with this. It is so nice to have you working on this stuff and doing the awesome job you always do, Domino. Thank you.
Canth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2016, 12:25 AM   #10
Kouzatc

My first completion of the boat took about 45 mins , while taking notes. My second completion was under 10 mins.
Old 10-17-2016, 06:20 PM   #11
Cloudrat

Still took me an hour the third time through lol telling people it's easy doesn't make it soTongue It is a fun and well made quest, but will never, ever, ever be easyTongue
Old 10-26-2016, 03:48 AM   #12
Chikkin

my chikkin army will not skip any of the ships, I LOVE it lol
Chikkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2016, 05:33 AM   #13
Tierisch

As long as it remains an option, not an automatic pass. I love the boat and wouldn't want to skip it. Maybe those "masochists" among us could get a nice little bonus for doing it when we don't have to =P.
Old 10-26-2016, 07:57 AM   #14
Quillyne

I plan on running each and every one of my 12 crafters through the boat...and the dozen on adventure side too! I love the boat! Gimme more zip lines! <3
Old 10-27-2016, 12:15 PM   #15
Tohopka

Me personally, twice was enough. But that's just me.
Tohopka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2016, 03:51 PM   #16
Xerikton

found a bug on this quest.

I got it and the regular access quests at the same time. did the boat access and after a week decided to do the tradeskill one. everything went fine until I freed the queen. I went through her dialog but didn't get the update. I did get ported to on the beach with the goblins. ie the boat was skipped. the quest still shows I need to talk to alwenielle. went back and did so only to get ported again with no update. neither goblin will talk to me still.

might try it on a alt I just got copied.
Old 10-27-2016, 04:20 PM   #17
Tierisch

Yeah that shouldn't happen, I've run a couple of 100/100 through both the adventure and tradeskill lines and that didn't happen to me. Hope they can help you out. Good luck!!!
Old 10-27-2016, 05:13 PM   #18
Crastinal

Beta patch notes say the boat is not part of the tradeskill line anymore.

Noooooooooooooooooooooes!!! I like the boat!!
Please, consider making it optional, but seriously it is a fun quest to do.
Old 10-27-2016, 05:24 PM   #19
Quillyne

Yes! Please give us the option, don't just take it away! The boat rides adds depth to the story. For those of us that enjoy it, please let us have the ability to take the trip!
Old 10-27-2016, 05:24 PM   #20
Xerikton

if it was recently patched I had a older quest. ill try to delete it and redo. thank you for that info.

the boat quest isn't fun. on a 1-10 on the suxage meter it is a 12. I know of 4 friends who will have problems with it because of lag or physical disabilities.
Old 10-27-2016, 06:09 PM   #21
Materfarmer

Can anyone be shocked the boat is no longer part of the TS line? After all the complaints I've seen in the TS forum section is it any wonder they cut it even if it is a nice part of the story and not hard at all. I mean really if you can't crouch and click a couple of shiny spots on the screen at this point....
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #22
Domino

Developer

It is indeed fun, Chrol did a great job with it. However, it was decided not to make it part of the access questlines. I am told it will soon be available as a separate adventure quest instead.
Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2016, 12:25 AM   #23
Quillyne

How disappointing the boat ride won't be optional for those that enjoy it. I still very much enjoy the TS story, but the boat gave it some real flair, depth and fun outside the usual "fetch and craft".

Gasp! Could the quest be made repeatable on the adventure side?! That would make it easier to move on from this loss!
Old 10-28-2016, 01:07 AM   #24
Mystfit

I hope Chrol knows there are those of us who utterly loved it!
Old 10-28-2016, 07:53 AM   #25
Febrith

"udderly" loved it? Tongue C'mon someone had to say it <3
Old 10-28-2016, 09:00 AM   #26
Crastinal

Okay...? So, I'm running the tradeskill line on an alt after parking my first character on Nye'Caelona. So, I kinda know what to expect. What to do. I read that the boat is not part of the tradeskill quest anymore and decided to run it on the character that is about to finish the adventure line. Back to Maldura, talk to Brythel, talk to queen, gather pollen, craft orb, back to queen, she is missing, enter Arcanna'se, blow up the crates, free queen, ported to beach.... and goblins ignore me.

Because the quest journal still wants me to speak with Alwenielle in the Arcanna'se spire.
That I already talked to. (groan groan groan)
UGH!

THAT DID NOT HAPPEN WHEN THERE WAS A BOAT.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:26 PM   #27
Xerikton

I took my ascension illusion off and it worked. got the update. didn't have to delete it.
Old 10-28-2016, 05:36 PM   #28
Shmogre

Hi Crastinal...I answered in your other post about this, but just in case you didn't see it: this was a bug that has been fixed in today's update. Try talking to the Queen again, your files may not have updated yet. Luck!
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:43 AM   #29
Edelphia

only part I've had bug, and this may be fixed by now, is the orbs you click to free the queen don't always show if you go LD or log out in that zone. I did find that zoning out of the zone and back in would fix it, if you can find your way back to the entrance without a map Tongue