EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-29-2012, 08:49 PM   #61
Netty

Loremaster

Ulrichvon wrote:

Netty wrote:

You can keep saying all you want that you think zerks are fine. But then you have clearly never tanked on one of the other tanks. You are free to think what ever you want tho.

I've tanked on pretty much everything but a bruiser,  Most of my time is on Guard/Monk, but I have a lot of time on SK/Zerk/Pal.

We can put our monk on swarm adds, and when his dps short terms are up he does fairly well, when the next set comes, its a crap shoot if he'll hold them all vs a full burn, or if one or two peel.  Whereas the zerker or sk will almost never lose agro in the same situation.

As I said before, in a pinch we've had the other classes in the role their not best suited for, and still won, but its signifcantly harder with a less guaranteed success rate.

I'll 100% agree with you there is absolutely no need for 'ae tanks' before HM raiding though.  But I still think this is more of a content issue than a class issue.

Then explain what zerkers have that make them so good on that? Monk aoes will be refreshed untill the adds despawn so that is not an issue. Im not sure how you do the fight we just ignore the adds and burn the named. Again im not saying zerks cant handle adds well i just dont agree with you that they are best at it or even stong at it. Im sure all other tanks can do it. And all aoe tanks do it even better.

Netty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 07:45 PM   #62
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

you have 2 extra points in parry yet you ignore the extra points in recovery and cast speed on your acceleration strike

[email protected] wrote:

I'm pretty sure casting speed and recovery don't increase with more AA

[email protected] wrote:

more aa does improve recovery and cast

Again, you are incorrect. Just cleaning up more misinformation in this thread.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2012, 11:20 PM   #63
Hennyo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

you have 2 extra points in parry yet you ignore the extra points in recovery and cast speed on your acceleration strike

[email protected] wrote:

I'm pretty sure casting speed and recovery don't increase with more AA

[email protected] wrote:

more aa does improve recovery and cast

Again, you are incorrect. Just cleaning up more misinformation in this thread.

I am assuming you are trying to proce Faildozer wrong, in which all you did was prove his point. Sure the actual casting speed and other stuff doesn't go up with more points, but the duration of the buff does, and hence effective casting speed, etc is better with more AA.

Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 01:27 AM   #64
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

the duration is longer than the recast. in other words, its always up.the only thing you would gain from an additional 2 points is another 5 haste which is almost as useless as his extra points in defense.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote