EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Battlegrounds
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-23-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Nefariouzx
Server: Befallen
Guild: Scrub Club

Loremaster

Can we get a real fix for this already???????? Even with the lethality nerf this ability is outrageous, mages are practically unstoppable. You dps them down to 5% and boom manashield goes up and you get rocked..

Nefariouzx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 01:37 PM   #2
Yimway

Loremaster

It is my opinoin that successful strikethru chance should bypass wards, including manashield.

I'm curious as to what others think about that?

Old 08-24-2012, 10:04 PM   #3
gourdon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

It is my opinoin that successful strikethru chance should bypass wards, including manashield.

This would be a good fix for the manashield problem and the three stacked healer problem, though it would affect shaman effectiveness.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:21 PM   #4
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

gourdon wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This would be a good fix for the manashield problem and the three stacked healer problem, though it would affect shaman effectiveness.

I'm not sure it would hurt their effectiveness that much.  Given it takes 200+ Strikethru to get 100% strikethru chance, most classes are going to get no where near a 100% chance to bypass wards.  Most melee are going to see a 10-30% chance for a hit to go thru a ward if this was put in.

Also, specing to strikethru would most likely be at the cost of accuracy anyway.

Its an interesting idea, but I'd need to see it on test to really pan it out.

Old 08-27-2012, 01:39 PM   #5
tomsky

Loremaster

Ulrichvon wrote:

gourdon wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm not sure it would hurt their effectiveness that much.  Given it takes 200+ Strikethru to get 100% strikethru chance, most classes are going to get no where near a 100% chance to bypass wards.  Most melee are going to see a 10-30% chance for a hit to go thru a ward if this was put in.

Also, specing to strikethru would most likely be at the cost of accuracy anyway.

Its an interesting idea, but I'd need to see it on test to really pan it out.

Strikethrough caps out at around 70% anyway as well, I tested boosting my monk up to 250% ST and its capped.

Old 08-27-2012, 02:00 PM   #6
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

tomsky wrote:

Strikethrough caps out at around 70% anyway as well, I tested boosting my monk up to 250% ST and its capped.

Yeah, I tried maxing it as well, and with the guardian ST temp buffs, I still wasn't able to get over 70% either.

Wards will still be awesome, but this will give you a chance to land some damage around them.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:20 PM   #7
Davngr1

Loremaster

the mana protection is fine the way it is specially on casters.

Old 08-28-2012, 10:25 AM   #8
Proud_Silence

Loremaster

ever tried to fear or mez a sorceror with manashield up ?   know what line of sight is ? seriously there's actually broken things in BG/pvp, manashield is not one of em.

Proud_Silence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 05:08 AM   #9
Applo

Loremaster

Manashield and DA can both be dispelled.  That's hardly OP IMHO.

Applo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:34 AM   #10
KniteShayd

Loremaster

Applo wrote:

Says the OP Warlock... :p

If a druid or shammy is spec'd to S.S./Scourge, then yes, It will likely dispell. But chances are, in a BG they are gonna be healing, not debuffing.Perhaps a Rogue may hit with their dispell and snag the Mana Shield. But it may not happen.Sure another mage can Dispell Magic. But it may just dispell a different buff or heal effect on you too.There is a small % chance someone happens to have a Pumice Stone. But that is slim to none.That's about it for dispells, now.

I'd say about a 10% chance, overal, for that one buff to get dispelled by someone who is doing it specifically for Mana Shield. Chances that someone is gonna wait, just to dispell, instead of doing their job? 1%.

KniteShayd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:02 AM   #11
Delethen
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Arch of Chaos

Loremaster

Applo wrote:

I don't recall ever managing to dispell manashield.  That said I don't really have a problem with it as things stand now.

Delethen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 07:43 AM   #12
Applo

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Applo wrote:

Says the OP Warlock... :p

If a druid or shammy is spec'd to S.S./Scourge, then yes, It will likely dispell. But chances are, in a BG they are gonna be healing, not debuffing.Perhaps a Rogue may hit with their dispell and snag the Mana Shield. But it may not happen.Sure another mage can Dispell Magic. But it may just dispell a different buff or heal effect on you too.There is a small % chance someone happens to have a Pumice Stone. But that is slim to none.That's about it for dispells, now.

I'd say about a 10% chance, overal, for that one buff to get dispelled by someone who is doing it specifically for Mana Shield. Chances that someone is gonna wait, just to dispell, instead of doing their job? 1%.

TBH there are a few classes that should be dispelling sorcerers and priests pretty much any chance they can, it makes a massive difference in taking them down. Sorcerers are super squishy without their magi's shielding.

As far as dispelling specifically for manashield, it's often done to me in PvP (not as often in bgs because less people know what they are doing).  Against other sorcerers that pop it, I more often than not dispell theirs because I cycle dispell into my rotation and most of their buffs are already gone.   Pumice stones are rarely needed in group fights if people are doing their job, though they can make a difference if certain classes are lacking (or slacking). 

Applo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:01 AM   #13
Snached
Server: Nagafen
Guild: The Curmudgeon

Lord

Applo wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Applo wrote:

TBH there are a few classes that should be dispelling sorcerers and priests pretty much any chance they can, it makes a massive difference in taking them down. Sorcerers are super squishy without their magi's shielding.

As far as dispelling specifically for manashield, it's often done to me in PvP (not as often in bgs because less people know what they are doing).  Against other sorcerers that pop it, I more often than not dispell theirs because I cycle dispell into my rotation and most of their buffs are already gone.   Pumice stones are rarely needed in group fights if people are doing their job, though they can make a difference if certain classes are lacking (or slacking). 

^^ Well said, mages still die fast if you know what you are doing. The good news is players have to do something to kill them. Other than just get close and auto attack.

Snached is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 11:44 AM   #14
Ulrichvon

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Applo wrote:

I don't recall ever managing to dispell manashield.  That said I don't really have a problem with it as things stand now.

Me either, I was thinking about wards in general.

Old 08-31-2012, 12:51 PM   #15
Orthureon

Loremaster

Not that many classes can dispel, and most of the ones that can are capable of killing them even if they cast Manashield. IE Rogues and other casters. Pumice stones get resisted a lot btw.

• DAEMIEN 92 Shadowknight

• XEOS 92 Ranger

• EXILON 92 Inquisitor.

Orthureon is offline   Reply With Quote