EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-09-2011, 01:38 PM   #1
Yimway

Loremaster

So, we were BSing in raid recently, and I wanted to float this idea and see what others thought.

How much of DoV raiding could be cleared running this raid force:

4 Inqs4 Dirges4 coercers12 Monks

The general conclusion is, if tanks are given too much dps and survivability combined, how much do you really need anyone else to be able to kill stuff.

Certainly we know its not going to parse as high as a min/maxed raid force, but with coordination, the number of saves, etc, etc, consider how much of the expansion could be cleared by it.

No agenda here, we just got a good laugh out of the discussion.

Old 11-10-2011, 08:40 AM   #2
yzyh

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So, we were BSing in raid recently, and I wanted to float this idea and see what others thought.

How much of DoV raiding could be cleared running this raid force:

4 Inqs4 Dirges4 coercers12 Monks

The general conclusion is, if tanks are given too much dps and survivability combined, how much do you really need anyone else to be able to kill stuff.

Certainly we know its not going to parse as high as a min/maxed raid force, but with coordination, the number of saves, etc, etc, consider how much of the expansion could be cleared by it.

No agenda here, we just got a good laugh out of the discussion.

tank DPS is hella crappy in DoV for real any T1 DPS should and will deal at very least 3time the damage a SK/brawler will do. This is not the gold age of fighter DPS anymore.

yzyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 03:23 PM   #3
Controlor

Loremaster

Can prob clear a lot of EM content. However you will fail on any mob that has a DPS check. That set up will not put out the required numbers for proper checks, plain and simple. You also may get forked on Gunnr if a brawler spans (hope the RNG is in your favor).

Controlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 07:13 PM   #4
Yimway

Loremaster

Controlor wrote:

Can prob clear a lot of EM content. However you will fail on any mob that has a DPS check. That set up will not put out the required numbers for proper checks, plain and simple. You also may get forked on Gunnr if a brawler spans (hope the RNG is in your favor).

I think that force could do 1.8-2mil if well played, and thats enough to kill quite abit this xpac.  And yes HM Gunner would be a crap shoot.

Old 11-10-2011, 07:38 PM   #5
Yimway

Loremaster

yzyh wrote:

tank DPS is hella crappy in DoV for real any T1 DPS should and will deal at very least 3time the damage a SK/brawler will do. This is not the gold age of fighter DPS anymore.

I dunno about more than 3x, I'm seeing closer to 2-2.5 in reality, and only if that T1 has all the right support around them.  When you average out the dps of that T1 and the 2 utility classes supporting them and compair them in aggregate you get closer to a real compairison.

Old 11-10-2011, 09:20 PM   #6
Bruener

Loremaster

Fighting content that is actually progressive to their gear.....hardly anything.

Its easy to imagine some top raiders throwing together a raid like that in their gear and blowing through a lot of content.  However, if you could rewind back to early DoV with that raid set up there is a lot of stuff you simply would not have been able to pass DPS checks on.  And more importantly not good good practice on progressive mobs because in this game DPS is king and makes everything way way easier.

The problem with the people arguing against Fighters having DPS is that they fail to admit that DPS makes everything, and I mean everything, in this game easier.  20% more DPS makes things easier.  200% more DPS makes you go why would I ever consider bringing other classes---easier.

Nobody denies that T1 should be top DPS.  THey just should not be close to 3x the DPS.

Old 11-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
Yimway

Loremaster

Bruener wrote:

rewind back to early DoV with that raid set up there is a lot of stuff you simply would not have been able to pass DPS checks on.

I disagree, very few dps checks, and most them were so low you didn't really notice them.

Old 11-18-2011, 08:53 PM   #8
Bruener

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Bruener wrote:

rewind back to early DoV with that raid set up there is a lot of stuff you simply would not have been able to pass DPS checks on.

I disagree, very few dps checks, and most them were so low you didn't really notice them.

First mob in Zek.  3rd mob in Kraytocs.  Any mob after first 2 in Throne.  All of these would have a DPS check that that raid probably would have failed at.

Now if you dropped a couple monks and replaced them with Predators there is quite a bit they would have been able to progress into.

Old 11-21-2011, 11:55 AM   #9
Wasuna

Loremaster

That raid could get through most of all the EM content if they were in Ry'Gor and full ToFS x2 jewelery/weapons and all have 300 AA's. I have had a good inquisitor solo heal me for most of the mobs and I didn't even have an avoidance buff from any of the other fighetrs in the raid.

The issues would come when you get to the mobs that actually hit hard like the last guy Kraytoc and Tormax.

Being conservative, that raid should be able to do 900K DPS which is PLENTY to kill anything in any of the EM duengons. Most of the DPS checks are around the 600K DPS range and having more than that just makes it easier to deal with hickups.

Old 11-23-2011, 02:16 PM   #10
Damager

Loremaster

Interesting to think about.

I would say 2.5M dps maybe more. AoE would be pretty good actually, CMs firing off all the time in group would jump the dps quite a bit especially for the dirges it would be like they where never nerfed + bonus flurry now, then concider 12 brawlers not jousting red text. Very high survivability raid wide. lol yeah it may be a nice setup.

Two groups I would replace coercer with Illi.

Damager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:20 PM   #11
BChizzle

Loremaster

Damager wrote:

Interesting to think about.

I would say 2.5M dps maybe more. AoE would be pretty good actually, CMs firing off all the time in group would jump the dps quite a bit especially for the dirges it would be like they where never nerfed + bonus flurry now, then concider 12 brawlers not jousting red text. Very high survivability raid wide. lol yeah it may be a nice setup.

Two groups I would replace coercer with Illi.

Doubt it, no way everyone in that raid is going to average over 100k dps with the lack of buffs and debuffs.

BChizzle is offline   Reply With Quote