EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-11-2011, 03:00 PM   #121
Fitz

Lord

Alright, so I generally agree with the points made here. I guess all of the recluse posters are being drawn out to act. Here are my reflections and suggestions: 1) Pet SDA imbalance: If this is a great issue, please consider redistributing the sda to the conjuror at a reduced rate. If, for example, each point gives us 0.5% sda, we'd have 4% for us and 4% for our pet. Not only does this give you a dps adjustment that you seem to intend, but it also shifts dps towards the conjuror. 2) Shadowstep: Please allow the teleport to activate for our mage pet. It would allow us to forcibly destroy our pet when it grabs aggro. With the new reanimate death prevent you introduced (excellent choice), we could have a great combo with a time warped EB. 3) Magical leash: Please consider giving this a positional detaunt for the mage pet. That would make it infinitely more useful and free up the heroic end line to be replaced with something interesting. Maybe an ability that converts 10% of our pet's damage to group heals for ten seconds (Essence of the Hydromancer?) every 3 minutes to give a legitimate utility alternative to soulburn. 4) Pet attack: What has been suggested would be great. If you give the mage pet a ranged attack, even if it's no damage, that forces it to remain at range, you will have many happy conjurors. 5) Dumbfire pets: There are two real options, which are to either make them immortal and untargetable (a dot) or give them shared stats and ae immunity. They are currently broken, of which I'm sure you're aware. 6) Enhance: Fire Seed: Please consider making the fifth point in this ability to allow casting of it on anyone in the raid. That would be amazing. Thanks for working to improve our class! Fitzx
Fitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:40 AM   #122
Dreft

Loremaster

Amanathia wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Xalmat wrote:

theleetch wrote:

Do our pets get spell autoattack too? Does anyone know?

[email protected] wrote:

I doubt our pets will spell autoattack,  which is fine.  We're getting as much spell autoattack on our player character as most anyone since spells don't have to be timed with it.   Giving it to the pet as well would in fact be double benefit and would probably really annoy some sorcerers.

What Arieva said. They don't exactly need it either.

I don't care if the pet spell Auto only does 1 damage per swing.  It would at least keep them at max range and stop them from coming in and taking melee swings (and in some instances getting riposte and dying instantly).

Oh man, good point, sad but true.

Actually I take that back!  No way!  Not a valid point!  You are makign a huge assumption here:

--that the pet can even get to the mob in the first place, and doesn't simply stand out of line of site frozen, or give a "you cannot order your pet to attack that target" message!

Hmmm, as a Necromancer I raid all the time, well the first 3 mobs in Kraytoc's and the first mob in the Kael zones, but I usually summon the  Warlock pet once a night at the start of the raid and use /pet ranged and Bloodpact.  With /pet ranged the pet never tries to commit suicide and is usually killed when the aggro is stripped by the large value life tap they have.  As for Bloodpact every necromancer can get that and as long as you manage your power and health it will stay up indeffinately. 

Old 08-12-2011, 04:49 AM   #123
acctlc

Loremaster

One final request, if the dev team is too strapped for time this GU...put these changes on the "backburner" so to speak.   I'm a little suprised that here it is middle of the month and no tweaks to these very serious aa changes are in for further feedback.  Already its been said that Troubs got missed due to time constraints.  I'd rather not be stuck with these changes for 3 months because there just wasn't time to do it right. Beastlords are in for November...makes sense to do your summoners proud by giving them a meaningful update then too if needed.

Edit:  So I see the update for tomorrow, bit late after posting this..but:

Waiting to see about the empower servant change, if it requires 10 points...we'll see.

As for the re-animate change...its lazy.  It read before as a 1 minute pet death save, but it didn't work thanks to your coding.  now its 5 mins?  I dunno, maybe I just can't play my class...maybe my healers aren't up to par, but I lose my pet these days a LOT in hardmode raids. A once every 5 minute save is not nearly enough.  I would have thought of specing re-animate if it worked in iieu of dimensional storage...but what you've  done here has killed that.  I'm liking this update less and less at this point I'm sad to say

Old 08-12-2011, 05:41 AM   #124
Trensharo

Loremaster

Dreft wrote:

Amanathia wrote:

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Xalmat wrote:

theleetch wrote:

Do our pets get spell autoattack too? Does anyone know?

[email protected] wrote:

I doubt our pets will spell autoattack,  which is fine.  We're getting as much spell autoattack on our player character as most anyone since spells don't have to be timed with it.   Giving it to the pet as well would in fact be double benefit and would probably really annoy some sorcerers.

What Arieva said. They don't exactly need it either.

I don't care if the pet spell Auto only does 1 damage per swing.  It would at least keep them at max range and stop them from coming in and taking melee swings (and in some instances getting riposte and dying instantly).

Oh man, good point, sad but true.

Actually I take that back!  No way!  Not a valid point!  You are makign a huge assumption here:

--that the pet can even get to the mob in the first place, and doesn't simply stand out of line of site frozen, or give a "you cannot order your pet to attack that target" message!

Hmmm, as a Necromancer I raid all the time, well the first 3 mobs in Kraytoc's and the first mob in the Kael zones, but I usually summon the  Warlock pet once a night at the start of the raid and use /pet ranged and Bloodpact.  With /pet ranged the pet never tries to commit suicide and is usually killed when the aggro is stripped by the large value life tap they have.  As for Bloodpact every necromancer can get that and as long as you manage your power and health it will stay up indeffinately. 

I'm not really talking about EM content.  All those MOBs die in record time to any decent guild and you can ranged almost all of them.  HM encounters in many cases significantly differ the EM content - or...  the AoEs hit so hard that you cannot simply ignore the encounter scripts/mechanics.  Tert HM is completely different form EM IMO.  In EM you can ranged him the whole time.  In HM you can't do that and "expect" to live unless you're are very furtunate in which directions he chooses to turn.

Kreeger is similar.  You can often ignore adds on EM and burn him down in 1.5 minutes or less.  You barely have to joust or anything.  In HM you have to actually pay attention to the encounter mechanics.  The adds are *right there* and need to be killed.  Do you seriously think I'm going to stop DPSing and run out risking getting my mana 1 shotted (or in and risk getting 1 shotted by the trauma) just so my pet doesn't get 1 shot if the Add is facing it and it swings it's... wand?

Those are two fights where you have to stay rather close to the boss, and there's often a lot going on in there.  If your pet takes one swing during a mem wipe or when the MOB turns it can end him instantly.  Yep, just to get that 3k melee swing in, way to go...

Whatever.  They should just remove the auto attack.

Trensharo is offline   Reply With Quote