EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-23-2009, 11:25 AM   #1
T2DKnight

Loremaster

The Dark Elf Says:

WE HAVE NO PLANS TO BRING BEAST-LORDS INTO THIS GAME.  NO.  NOT HAPPENING.  UH UH.  NO WAY.  NEIN.  NYET. NON.

Read my lips.  No, new classes.

** This message brought to you by Kiara   And the number 12.  And the letters P and Q.

T2DKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
steelbadger

Loremaster

They are a lose lose for SoE whatever way they chose to implement them.

If they stayed true to the origional Astley they would be horribly overpowered, people get annoyed.  If they balanced them to be in line with EQ2 mechanics all of the Rick lovers would be dissapointed in the class and people still get annoyed.

We have 24 adventure classes already, you'll just have to make do SMILEY

steelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:32 AM   #3
Deson

Loremaster

Another one for the filter! These things are like plat spam now. There should be a bstlord sticky and the fact that the class is filtered should be a clue that the question has been asked and answered more than enough times.
I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Deson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 11:41 AM   #4
T2DKnight

Loremaster

There could any one of a thousand reasons that is filtered. Not that it is but it could be filtered because it sounds like or can be used to substitute typing awhat the sever classes as a bad word. You know there are ways to be constuctive without flaming peeps, just to delve out a clue for you that is.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:47 AM   #5
Deson

Loremaster

T2DKnight wrote:

There could any one of a thousand reasons that is filtered. Not that it is but it could be filtered because it sounds like or can be used to substitute typing awhat the sever classes as a bad word. You know there are ways to be constuctive without flaming peeps, just to delve out a clue for you that is.

Funny how you followed that example right?

Given it was an SOE class before, any of your thousand reasons would be null and void if they didn't involve the class itself. The reaction should also let you know that the question has been asked to death.  It's nothing personal, but there have to be over a hundred threads asking this that, before the filter, were posted at least monthly, usually with attitude and crude implementation that all got the same response. It's filtered as much for your protection as ours and especially the devs. I'm sure at least one was ready to start paying home visits to posters over this.

I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Old 06-23-2009, 11:55 AM   #6
liveja

General

T2DKnight wrote:

I would really like to see the bstlrd

/target OP

/pelt OP with rotten fruit & eggs

Old 06-23-2009, 11:56 AM   #7
T2DKnight

Loremaster

It has been posted to death as I found out but as far as I am concerned the way you were rude is personal and since this is likely to get deleted anyhow is the only reason I am going on with this. All you had to do was to say this has been covered and is a sore subject so please do a search for your answer and that would have covered it without being rude.

My appoligies to all except Deson for beating a dead horse, delete at will.

Old 06-23-2009, 11:58 AM   #8
T2DKnight

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

T2DKnight wrote:

I would really like to see the bstlrd

/target OP

/pelt OP with rotten fruit & eggs

LOL!!

Old 06-23-2009, 12:03 PM   #9
Deson

Loremaster

T2DKnight wrote:

It has been posted to death as I found out but as far as I am concerned the way you were rude is personal and since this is likely to get deleted anyhow is the only reason I am going on with this. All you had to do was to say this has been covered and is a sore subject so please do a search for your answer and that would have covered it without being rude.

My appoligies to all except Deson for beating a dead horse, delete at will.

I assure you I was not rude, you just read it as such. You had the opportunity to react differently but you chose to take it as a shot. I made no personal attacks, gave you background and suggested there be a sticky for your query since there is not one currently. That I decided to do it with at best ambiguous language  that many would have taken as a joke does not make it personal, an attack or anything else.  If anything, I was one of the nicest responses you were going to get before the lock.

Also, I wouldn't suggest you do a search because I assumed you did and the search on this forum sucks. Oft times, it's faster and smarter to just ask the question all over again than search here.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:17 PM   #10
Webin
Server: Befallen
Guild: Legion of Legend

Loremaster

I don't say this often, but I'm with Deson on this one.

The mere fact that you decided to truncate the word so you could post about it makes me want to commit bodily harm.

║*********************** ************************* ***************

║******o**\****→********* ** *Webin*Kaltani**************

║*****-+--¦******→********* ASCII*Ranger**************

║*******|**/*****→*******< Legion of Legend >*******

║******/*\*********************** Oasis****************

║*********************** ************************* ***************

╚═══════════════ ════════════════ ═══╝
Webin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 12:27 PM   #11
interstellarmatter

Loremaster

I've actually been playing a BL off and on in EQLive for the past few months.  Interesting class..add a tank mercenary and you soloing ability skyrockets.

But honestly, I just don't see a place for them here.  The classes here are already a bit watered down.  A BL class would end up being a watered down skeleton of it's former self. 

You have 24 classes..I think that there is already more than enough classes for everyone to enjoy.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:36 PM   #12
Samulbrar

Volunteer Moderator

The filter should have been a hint.

It's always September somewhere on the 'net.
Samulbrar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2009, 01:45 PM   #13
Kiara

Community Relations

Hmmm.  Here's what we're going to do SMILEY

I'm going to go ahead and stickie this thread and edit the first post to state our stance on the dreaded b-word.

Please let's not have any more threads after this, kk?

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote