EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Account Related Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-06-2009, 03:38 PM   #1
Terge

Loremaster

I was logged into EQ2.. went to do a reboot of my computer, when I tried to log back into EQ2, it tells me that I dont have a sub.  I goto my account details to find that my EQ2 account is closed, thou SOE took my 3 month Sub over 2 weeks ago... I cannot contact support as it seems to be out of hrs.

Terge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:44 PM   #2
Adogsbreakfast

Lord

I seem to have the same problem.

I have been logged on the whole day today. Logged out to go have dinner and when I wanted to log back in, only option I had was to 'reactivate' my account.

Was worried it was just me, but I'm a bit relieved now to see that I'm not the only one with this problem.

Adogsbreakfast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 03:51 PM   #3
TSR-DanielH

Customer Service

I would advise contacting phone or chat support to see why the account has been closed. You can reach us at 858-537-0898. Phone support hours are 10:00 AM to 7:00 PM PST, Monday to Friday.

Taking a guess without beign able to see the account info, are you subscribing from a country outside of the United States?  If you subscribed 2 weeks ago and the account is closed then that could mean that the bank never finalized the transfer of funds.  I believe our system gives a 2 week grace period on that type of transaction before closing the account.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment
TSR-DanielH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 05:20 PM   #4
Terge

Loremaster

Okie.. just talked to my bank as its 24 hrs banking and well the card used is valid and it was set up properly and monies are it in... there is no way it can be my end.  Infact the Card is a guaranteed payment. Please look into this

Old 02-06-2009, 05:21 PM   #5
Terge

Loremaster

They also say two payments were made one of 19.99 for TSO and the other for 26.99 for a 3 month sub.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:32 PM   #6
Terge

Loremaster

Also found out that if the payment was stopped for some reason, it was SOE that stopped it, as the card used yet again is  guaranteed payment method.

Old 02-06-2009, 05:45 PM   #7
Terge

Loremaster

I can also see on my payment history on my station account mangement that those two payments were made through gobal collect.

Old 02-06-2009, 06:17 PM   #8
Terge

Loremaster

I read the post about having a address longer then 15 characters... which I have.. so I moved the second part to the second billing address (just below) and tried again... I still im gettin Purchase perview error.

Old 02-06-2009, 08:02 PM   #9
TSR-DanielH

Customer Service

Terge wrote:

I read the post about having a address longer then 15 characters... which I have.. so I moved the second part to the second billing address (just below) and tried again... I still im gettin Purchase perview error.

This is really something that you will need to contact our support line to correct.  Contacting us through phone, chat, or e-mail should be fine.  I can not collect your account information over the forums so I can not tell you the specific reason that the account closed.

Old 02-06-2009, 09:21 PM   #10
TSR-DanielH

Customer Service

I did some investigating and it seems there was a problem with global collect purchases made on 1/21/2009.  Because of this, some accounts will be automatically closed today.  Simply contact our support and give them your station name and we can resolve the issue very quickly.  Apparently there was a problem where global collect did not send confirmations that the money has been received.

Thanks for your understanding with this issue.

Old 02-07-2009, 02:14 PM   #11
WizardX

Loremaster

me and my friend have same problem.

WizardX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:19 PM   #12
Aurela

Loremaster

Same here - account was billed on 22nd though not 21st and went through fine according to my credit card bill that arrive this morning.  Having negotiated playing time with the wife and there being no support till after the weekend I'm severely hacked off!  

Aurela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:37 PM   #13
Comalv

Loremaster

Same here, tried contacting support by "Email Support" altho if everyone who billed within the 21 or the 22 has the same problem it's gonna take some time... In addition couldn't have picked a worst day to close accounts since Phone Support and Live Chat are not available on Saturday, sorry to say but this could have been handled way better by SOE

Old 02-07-2009, 02:38 PM   #14
Jianne

Loremaster

So its saturday afternoon - I set down with a cuppa to have some gaming fun and I log in - try to zone into Jarsarth Wastes boof I have been booted  ah well sip of tea and log back in and apparently I have no account - 

Look on these forums seems this has been known about so my questions would be

1.  why was there no in game message that this may happen?

2. why is there a message on these forums that says this can be cleared up easily but gives me no contact details  - i.e. a telephone number for the UK would be useful that is available Saturday and Sunday for this specific problem?

and

3. as this problem is entirely not my fault and you actually have my money do I get a free months subs ??

very very poor customer service for a known problem which could have easily been dealt with

Jianne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:40 PM   #15
Aurela

Loremaster

You mean like since Daniel (no blame to the one tech sup person who's provided answers/guidance) advises it was known about on Friday doing something pro-actively to resolve it then maybe?

Aurela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #16
aislynn00

Loremaster

This is frigging ridiculous.  I have a station access subscription with a valid credit card, yet all of a sudden, I can't log back in today and my account is listed as canceled.  The money has been paid, so there isn't any error on my part or my bank's.

I don't give a [Removed for Content] about having to pay extra to get back in, so I tried reactivating the subscription myself by paying another month's worth of subscription fee, but all I got for my efforts was an unspecified error. 

What kind of BS is that?!  I can't contact customer support on weekends, so what the hell were you thinking when you allowed accounts to be canceled over the weekend?!

aislynn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:41 PM   #17
ironstone

Loremaster

Also having this problem.  Very annoying after clearing some time to play at the weekend.  If this problem requires intervention by phoning support, the accounts should have been closed after or before the weekend, so we could do something about it.  *grumble*

ironstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #18
aislynn00

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

This is frigging ridiculous.  I have a station access subscription with a valid credit card, yet all of a sudden, I can't log back in today and my account is listed as canceled.  The money has been paid, so there isn't any error on my part or my bank's.

I don't give a [Removed for Content] about having to pay extra to get back in, so I tried reactivating the subscription myself by paying another month's worth of subscription fee, but all I got for my efforts was an unspecified error. 

What kind of BS is that?!  I can't contact customer support on weekends, so what the hell were you thinking when you allowed accounts to be canceled over the weekend?!

Right now, my guildmates are asking why I, their main tank, am not present for the raid scheduled for tonight.  I've just had to explain to them whose screw-up this is and why I won't be there tomorrow, either. 

What the hell is up with customer service not being open weekends?!

Great work, Sony.  Really great.

aislynn00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 02:59 PM   #19
Valkeerie

Loremaster

Although my payment has also been taken, my subscription has also been closed. As I live in the UK, it is a bloody ginormous hassle to fix this, and I would hope that Sony will fix it without me having to spend ages hanging on an international call listening to music.

This is my first problem in four years. I'm hoping I don't lose my guild membership etc.

Valkeerie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:05 PM   #20
BlackCalvus

Loremaster

I just got booted from the game 2 minutes ago, and it now says I have no subscription.

Someone please drive in to the office and help us!  Will give free beer if you do!*

;-Ocellatus

(*free beer only available in the UK)

BlackCalvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:08 PM   #21
Usbek

Loremaster

Same problem here, billed on 21st, and today you close the account.. cause YOU have a problem with your system, not the customer... but of course... you make US the customers pay the consequences...

At least... have decency and give us, YOUR CUSTOMERS, some sort of compensation for a nalredy payed game time weekend, but not able to enjoy it.

Really nice service SMILEY

Nadna Tree'Hugger, Warden of Fate

Usbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:17 PM   #22
ironstone

Loremaster

This problem really needs to be escalated as its affecting a whole bunch of players and is most likely a problem with the SOE Global Collect system and not the fault of the players. 

Even if you compensate me for the lost days I will still feel aggreived that you have deprived me of some much looked forward to game time, plus frustrating and stressing me out! 

ironstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:22 PM   #23
Axiana

Loremaster

I paid my sub on the 22/01/09.  The money was withdrawn from my bank account.  My Everquest 2 account just closed.  I live in the UK and prefer not to call the USA as asaik SOE office is closed in my free time and I want my game back pls.

Old 02-07-2009, 03:24 PM   #24
Krakato

General

add me to the pile, a weekend with no EQ, no payment prob just a screw up that is not my fault. I have no way of contacting anyone to get 2 days free as its a weekend (normal policy with minor CC problems I am told).

Krakato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:44 PM   #25
BlackCalvus

Loremaster

Just checked my account details.  Payment history lists the payment collected by global collect january 21st.  My credit card was charged on the 26th.

BlackCalvus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #26
Cinda

Loremaster

I have the same problem. Account is closed. Payment collected through global collect at january 22. This is really ridiculous.
Cinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:01 PM   #27
ben

General

Same problem here in Germany: My account and the one of my wife are closed.

We have paid our account on January 22nd via VISA credit card (same valid credit card as every month!!!!)

ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:13 PM   #28
evercrak

Loremaster

when you logg in to the account page what do it say there!

is the account payed or still pending?

Sorry for my bad English not my nativ..

Ever

It's not my nativ lang...

Ever...
evercrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:20 PM   #29
ben

General

evercrak wrote:

when you logg in to the account page what do it say there!

is the account payed or still pending?

Sorry for my bad English not my nativ..

Ever

Account is closed.

ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 04:23 PM   #30
Greencow

Loremaster

I have the same problem too.

And what would payment not finalized mean, since you got the money. Or is the oney lost in limbo until the bank actually tells you that you got paid ?

Seems odd shouldn't an automatic account handler program check with your "money handling department" SMILEY  if you actually got paid and not just a notification from a bank with "hey you got money".

Greencow is offline   Reply With Quote