EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > General Tech Support Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-11-2008, 10:28 AM   #1
N

General

Hello all.

I was wondering if my situation is hopless you see I have an HP Pavilion tx 1000 computer with Duo core 2.0 Ghz processors and 4 gb of ram.  I love the machine but there is just one little problem with it...

It has an nividia gforce go 128MB graphics card.

Now I know a CAN run EQII but as you may have guessed it runs very choppy. Can anyone think of something that I can do that will allow me to run the game smoothly without having to buy a whole new computer? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 12:29 PM   #2
emoboy

General

what kind of slots do you have?if you have agp or PCI-e.. you can just upgrade the video itself.
emoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:50 PM   #3
TSR-DanT

Customer Service

Unfortunately not, laptop chipsets are unupgradeable for the most part.  You can make sure you have the latest drivers, but the chipset can only do so much.
TSR-DanT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 06:12 PM   #4
N

General

After a lot of deliberation I came to the conclusion to just sell this machine and get another one which brings me to my next question...which will be a new topic SMILEY

Thanks all!

N is offline   Reply With Quote