EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-20-2007, 03:33 PM   #1
Grimwell

Community Relations

Please read the preview and share your thoughts with us!
Grimwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
Kaiser Sigma

Loremaster

Just as a suggestion, can you format the Test Update notes a bit more? As they are now, the changes to hate are kind of concealed as changes to warden AAs. Also, the formatting of the stuff pre changes to AA is a bit hard to read.
Kaiser Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:48 PM   #3
Finora

Tester

WOOO! All characters will be able to sell at once!

No more passing stuff from one to the other via the guild bank in such quatities that I get an error despite having full unlimited access to the guild bank lol =).

The other stuff is great but honestly reading this made my day.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:53 PM   #4
Kirstie

Developer

[email protected] DLere wrote:
Just as a suggestion, can you format the Test Update notes a bit more? As they are now, the changes to hate are kind of concealed as changes to warden AAs. Also, the formatting of the stuff pre changes to AA is a bit hard to read.
Done SMILEY
Kirstie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:55 PM   #5
Grimwell

Community Relations

You bet. Normally I format them before posting, but Kirstie wanted to get them out so the Test players would know exactly what had happened. I was in my carpool while the update was going on, and she did the right thing and got the info out. I'm probably going to revisit it this afternoon so it's easier on the eyes. SMILEY
Grimwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 03:57 PM   #6
FiveFootStep

Loremaster

With the most respect that I can say this with, I think that nerfing the rangers hate reducer is the most ill conceived idea you guys have had recently. As I'm sure you know Rangers only bring DPS to a raid, we have virtually no utility... we have a hawk that hurts our dps, and debuff poisons that almost every scout can use.  That is our utility... But nerfing our hate reducer you are nerfing how much dps we can do in a raid. We will no longer be able to do our full dps output because we will pull aggro even spamming master 1 hate reducers and using grandmaster ignorant bliss poisons. You tried this on test and it was veto'd by everyone who tried it out. Please reconsider this. Also as far as nerfing our end line AA to 8% dbl atk, I think that is a bit sad. Don't get me wrong, I am not complaining, because honestly, it is 2%, it doesn't make/break our dps, but can I ask why it is being reduced? Most of the times rangers aren't even the top on the parse unless they have an uber bow. I'm sitting at doing about 2200 dps when I really try and use the best gear I have access to, and I am almost never on top in favor of our illusionist/conjurer's who pull 2800+ all the time. I'm not trying to say rangers need to be upped or anything, but I really feel you are making changes to our class based off of exceptional players with exceptional gear, and then nerfing all of us mediocre players as well.
FiveFootStep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:00 PM   #7
Miss_Jackie

Loremaster

Woot. I've been waiting for the broker thing since I started playing EQ2. Yay. SMILEY
Miss_Jackie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:01 PM   #8
Couching
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Pwn Pwn Pwn

Loremaster

• Enhance: Beckon: Also reduces resistibility by 1% per rank.
  • Enhance: Stare: Also reduces resistibility by 1% per rank.
        It's always good to reduce resistiability on taunt
  • Alternate: Mongoose Stance: Increased detaunt effectiveness.
        It needs to be working on group wide with Evade Check rather on monk only since we don't have enough dps to grab aggro.
  • Enhance: Dragonbreath: Reduced reuse speed bonus from 5 to 4 seconds per rank (but reuse speed of original ability was improved).
        Better than nothing. Though, the damage is still too low for a 75 sec(55sec with 5 aa) CA. The damage should be increased           more since it is a lv65 ancient spell. Comparing to bruiser, their knockout combo damage is really nice.
  • Evade - Renamed Evade Check: Non-fighters in your group have their hate reduced with the encounter. If Dragon Stance is not active, your hate is also reduced with your encounter.
        It's nice but not useful since 793-970 deaggro every 20 sec is really not enough. I would suggest to change it as a group buff.         Every non-fighter group member getd same deaggro when our mongoose stance fires.
  • Enhance: Will of the Void I: Reduced cost to 2 points instead of 3.
        It's good.
  • Enhance: Stone Stance: Increased spell mitigation bonus from 4% to 6% per rank. Also improves reuse speed by 6 seconds per rank.
        Still useless since we can't hold aggro with only taunt. This skill is still useless.
  • Enhance: Outward Calm: Also increases duration by 3 seconds per rank.
        It's good.
  • Enhance: Tsunami: Increased reuse speed bonus from 7 to 8 seconds per rank.
        It's good.
  • Master's Evasion - Renamed Superior Riposte: Ripostes the next attack or reflects the next spell. Increased duration by 5 seconds.
        It's good for longer duration. Though, it looks like the aoe immunity is removed. It's a nerf. SMILEY
  • Enhance Jabs: Instead of 20% casting speed bonus per rank, it improves both casting and recovery speed by 15% per rank.  
        It's good. We can see the track that monk is moving to utility role in raids, especially hate control. It has great potential but needs several tunings. The idea of hate controller is nice but 2500 hate reduce in every minute is useless for dspers who did 120000 to 180000 (2k-3k dps) per minute. It's about only 1.5% to 2% hate reduce on each dpsers. It's by far to be useful. The goal of making monk as hate controller to help raid is very nice. Though, to make it work, the hate reduce on Evade Check needs a boost. It could be lower 1 position on hate list every 30 sec or making it as group buff. All non-fighters in group can get same hate reduce when Mongoose stance fires. Or just boost the hate reduce on Evade Check to 3k-4k. In other word, for dpsers who did 2k-3k dps in raids, it's about 7%-9% hate reduce. If changes can be made, it's wonderful that monk can finally get a role in raids. Overall, I am positive on the LU37 on monk EoF aa. Edit: Changed my opinion on Evasion.
Couching is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:07 PM   #9
Nivmizzet
Server: Unrest
Guild: Symphony Of Destruction

Loremaster

OK, the AA respec is just TOO awesome!  I've been waiting FOREVER for this.  It was SO frustrating having to wait so long just to be able to finish out my rotting tree for Lifeburn. Thanks for the much needed change!
Nivmizzet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:13 PM   #10
Aven Elonis

Loremaster

I have bad feelings about the aggro changes. Not sure I get the reason for it.

As a causal raid guild, aggro control is a raid level effort now. I only see these changes on aggro as more equal opportunity death for many.

Aven Elonis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:23 PM   #11
Kaiser Sigma

Loremaster

Kirstie wrote:
Done SMILEY
Much appreciated. Changes are looking good. Sans some nerfs on rangers I like the changes to the Assassin AAs. Nothing big, small details but they are making them slightly more desirable. The change to hate...raise the torches but I like it. I want things to be harder, dps should be a priviledge, you need to alert. =p And the change to EH is an awesome preview of RoK. I can't wait for it.
Kaiser Sigma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:43 PM   #12
xpraetorianx

Fansite Staff

whats the expected live date for this update?
xpraetorianx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 04:52 PM   #13
Teh_Person

Loremaster

I feel this needs to be said. This is quite likely my favorite GU ever. SMILEY Seems like you guys knocked a great many of old complaints, as well as some perks! I'd really like to know if all hairstyles from alt models are coming to all races, I'd love to be able to look at my dark elf.
Teh_Person is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:11 PM   #14
Necodem

General

The Emerald Halls changes seems great, but the Berserker AA changes are mostly none and so we still have useless EoF AA in raid.
Necodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:15 PM   #15
Mr. Dawki

General

Feedback

Find anything in the test updates that resembles a nerf.

Got it all?

Good!

Now, dont put it in the next update.

Im glad we had this discussion.

Rule #1 in good customer service, dont make the customer angry.

Nerfs make good customers angry.

Mr. Dawki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:18 PM   #16
Agaxiq
Server: Unrest
Guild: Ascendant

Loremaster

Warlocks - Enhanced: Rift is still broken.  It reduces the recast duration but does not increase damage at all. I was hoping that would be addressed in this update.  It's been /bugged by many people. agressiv
Agaxiq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:24 PM   #17
Taiken

Lord

Kirstie wrote:
Done SMILEY
Much appreciated. Changes are looking good. Sans some nerfs on rangers I like the changes to the Assassin AAs. Nothing big, small details but they are making them slightly more desirable. The change to hate...raise the torches but I like it. I want things to be harder, dps should be a priviledge, you need to alert. =p And the change to EH is an awesome preview of RoK. I can't wait for it.
As if assassins need more help getting into raids/groups lol...
Taiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:47 PM   #18
Geothe

Loremaster

Why in the -BEEP- are you bringing back the hate nerfs again?! They are completely moronic, and not even thought through at all.  The only purpose they will serve is to create more of a headache for your player base.  Wise choice there.  Really wise.  *rolls eyes*

Smed: 5) This [LoN] is not some slippery slope towards selling items directly in EQ & EQ II.

Lie #3: Station Cash. Enough Said.

Geothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:57 PM   #19
Pvpmedics
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Psychotic

Loremaster

I dont understand the Regenerative ward change.

Regenerative wards will no longer refresh until you fight back in PvP.

As a Mystic I have a regerative ward that stunes me. How am I suppose to fight back if im stuned? Or does this just mean I cant put the regerative ward on before the fight starts. I have to fight before I put the regenerative ward on, which is what I usually do.

I go in and put all my dots and debuffs on then I put my regenerative ward on and let them take damage from my damage sheild.

Can someone please explain how this is going to work now. Is all of this stuff live on the test server?

Perigrine

Homicidepvp.com

Pvpmedics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #20
EQ2Playa432

Loremaster

I read through the notes and do not see anything about the Fire Scrolls from EH? They need to be scaled down in PvP combat.
EQ2Playa432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:03 PM   #21
Pvpmedics

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
I read through the notes and do not see anything about the Fire Scrolls from EH? They need to be scaled down in PvP combat.
I totaly agree with Kalian. Those Fire Scrolls are way over powered in PvP fights. I see people on PvP that use those in duos that go into a full group one shot somone then evac.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:12 PM   #22
malykii

Loremaster

Really like what I see guys good workSMILEY
malykii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 06:25 PM   #23
NalerianC

Loremaster

Will we see an extension of this perpetual raid zone feature into heroic zones/instances as well?  Could really expand on the non raiding playerbase by allowing more powerful items that are equal to the time spent for raiders.  It might just take quite a few hours (nights) for a group to clear through a version versus the raiders being able to cycle through named mobs much faster.  Could be an interesting opportunity there.
Old 07-20-2007, 06:47 PM   #24
Pvpmedics

Loremaster

Is there any way to make PvP gear work in PvP? For example the Gauridan Gloves have a increase Hate proc on them yet then dont work in PvP? Shouldnt gear that is accuired from PvPing work in PvP combat?
Old 07-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #25
maphrodite

Loremaster

Ok am liking what i see. Quite a few good changes not sure am convinced tho with the coercer spell smirking demeanor but time will tell wether it works or not

Also as am a crafter and i have a alchy jeweler and sage and as when we make the spalls we get the dust is the option that the alchies get to combined dusts to make higher lvl dusts still been put in or has it already please as this would really help.

Good work tho overall

maphrodite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:40 PM   #26
Powers

Loremaster

I have grave concerns about the broker changes.  Not so much about allowing multiple characters to sell, but about allowing characters to sell as long as any character on that account has logged in in the last seven days.  This means players could have characters up and selling indefinitely without ever logging those characters in.  I worry that this will flood an already saturated market for most items, particularly harvests and furniture. Powers  &8^]
Powers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 07:51 PM   #27
Vonotar
Server: Butcherblock

Loremaster

Powers wrote:
I have grave concerns about the broker changes.  Not so much about allowing multiple characters to sell, but about allowing characters to sell as long as any character on that account has logged in in the last seven days.  This means players could have characters up and selling indefinitely without ever logging those characters in.  I worry that this will flood an already saturated market for most items, particularly harvests and furniture. Powers  &8^]
The broker change simply remove the inconvience of having to juggle items around your alts until they are on your selling character, this can be a double pain when an item is Lore or your seller is "good" and the item holder is "evil" or vice versa. There could be a slight increase in items available on the broker as a result of it being easier to list items, however the change itself won't increase the number of items that can be sold, so I don't see an impending 'flood'.
Vonotar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:37 PM   #28
thepriz

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Powers wrote:
The broker change simply remove the inconvience of having to juggle items around your alts until they are on your selling character, this can be a double pain when an item is Lore or your seller is "good" and the item holder is "evil" or vice versa. There could be a slight increase in items available on the broker as a result of it being easier to list items, however the change itself won't increase the number of items that can be sold, so I don't see an impending 'flood'.
I have 36 characters on three accounts. Most of them have boxes full of stuff on the broker which I used to have to cycle through as I only could have 3 selling at one time. And you don't see how this is going to flood the market with stuff? Prices are going to drop all over the place for a while if not permanently.
Old 07-20-2007, 08:57 PM   #29
Tristeran

Loremaster

My main is a 70 Ranger.  I play this game to raid, as its the only fun thing left to do once you have done the minut amount of heroic content in this game(the loots are OK, but nothing compared to raiding).  As a ranger I was easily top tier DPS, fighting for number 1 zonewide with other rangers.  Until the last LU where arrows were nerfed.  I have my own combat tab, that shows my damage only, so I can get my rythm down during the raid.  I have changed the color of the text from white to RED anytime I MISS a mob.  Since the LU36 I miss every third arrow on raids(use DT summoned and Player crafted +30% chance to hit).  I honestly hate my ranger now because I have a hard time even top parsing, as I KNOW I could if I wasnt nerfed.  Now you are making it when I crit I will pull agro?  I mean its not like I hit very often anymore, but when I do I will pull agro?  Nerfing a whole class(and yes its a nerf, again as they are only upping skills that are totally useless.) because of 10 or so rangers that are in best gear ingame and doing very well?  Im sorry but screwing with people who love this class and have played this class for a long time just isnt cool.  Its not like I bring ANY buffs to the raid.  Unlike Wizards, Conjurors and the such who are now top tier DPS, who bring very useful spells and buffs to the raid force.  Its also not like every guild in this game that raids is even able to do the highest content in this game.  Why make it harder for people who casually raid what zones they can, even harder.  Play a ranger and shoot at a over con'd mob yourself and see the idiocy behind the arrow nerf.  Wait till you crit and pull agro because the devs want us to not be able to DPS during raids.  Do I HAVE to reroll another toon to continue raiding, because other classes are so much more useful now?  Rangers are now just glorified brigands with a bit more DPS and NO dispatch.  How many Devs actually play a ranger?  Just fix the arrows so I dont constantly see "You TRY to pierce..." every 3rd arrow I auto with and maybe, just maybe it will make more sense to take AA'd DPS out and put it into agro management.  Then I can DPS (since I do NOTHING else) and still deagro. Gentao Silverune   70 Ranger LDL server
Tristeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:13 PM   #30
kazakane

Loremaster

All i gotta say about the merchant buyback...ITS ABOUT DARN TIME!  Almost 3 years into the game and you JUST NOW add this?!  :)  Took long enough, but as they say, better late than never!

Lady Meowzart Catcophony and

Dame Alessandrya Komere of

GUK

kazakane is offline   Reply With Quote