EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Scout's Den > Dirge
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-03-2006, 01:12 PM   #1
Ellavy

I looked at the list of Dirge skills from 1-70, and it appears that we get our last run buff upgrade at level 41.  Is this correct?  It is possible that I overlooked it somehow.  Not having it upgraded past level 41 when there are 29 more levels seems like kind of a rip, but I wanted to make sure whether I was correct.  Thanks for any help! :smileyhappy:
Ellavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 01:58 PM   #2
I11Find

General

yeah well yet again bend over and take it from SoE
I11Find is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 05:24 PM   #3
Salmastryon

Loremaster

Ellavyne wrote:
I looked at the list of Dirge skills from 1-70, and it appears that we get our last run buff upgrade at level 41.  Is this correct?  It is possible that I overlooked it somehow.  Not having it upgraded past level 41 when there are 29 more levels seems like kind of a rip, but I wanted to make sure whether I was correct.  Thanks for any help! :smileyhappy:

Your correct.  But, with the increase to run buff Achievement skill we can still run faster that most everyone SMILEY  And you can get insanely fast if you drink some droag swill at the same time. :smileysurprised:
Salmastryon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 08:30 PM   #4
Prub

Loremaster

run faster than most anyone? how so? you mean run faster than ANYONE else cept other bards..

with Jboots and Harbingers at rank 4 I run at 50%, faster than any horse in game..  drink a droag swill and pow 90% run speed.

Exequies Swansong

65 Dirge of Unrest

The artist formerly known as Eyepawd

~God is an astronaut.. Oz is just over the rainbow .. and Midian is where the monsters live~
Prub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2006, 10:33 PM   #5
Salmastryon

Loremaster

hee. Well I meant most anyone, cause when you run out of droag swill, people in your own party can out run you if they still have it.  I had a guildie taunt me like that running circles around me. :smileyvery-happy:  I also don't remember off top of my head how fast those gnome disks go.
Old 06-04-2006, 06:19 AM   #6
Ellavy

That's disappointing to find out for sure that our run buffs don't increase any past level 41, but thanks for the information. :smileyhappy:
Ellavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 05:07 AM   #7
Cazri

I had a few months off eq2 and I came back to find out totems no longer stack with selos + jboots. Good to hear about this swill, I got some from a quest just yesterday. Correct me if I am wrong, but arent the top tier horses 56 mountspeed? So if we had 8 AAs in Harbringers then we would be the same as fastest horse, but with 4 we are not.
Memento Mori - Najena
Cazri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2006, 06:12 AM   #8
Antryg Mistrose

Loremaster

The fastest horse I'm aware of is still 'only' 48%  Spirit Stead is one such.

Jeweler/Sage/Alchemist/Prov

Antryg Mistrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 02:29 AM   #9
Prub

Loremaster

thought spirit steed was only 40.. I dont know never had a horse.. but I know the DOF and the guild lvl 40 nightmares/mistrunners are only 48% with a bit of stat adjustments.

Exequies Swansong

65 Dirge of Unrest

The Artist formerly known as Eyepawd.

~God is an astronaut.. Oz is just over the rainbow .. and Midian is where the monsters live~
Prub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:42 AM   #10
Cazri

OK, the top mountspeed is 48, I guess I was remembering when eq2 was released ghost horses and carpets were 56. The SS carpet quest gives you a 40 speed carpet for free, so unless you need the mitigation or attack buffs from a horse I really dont see a point in buying one.former post in forums with horse info http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=tips&message.id=822&view=by_date_ascending&page=9Does anyone over 60 wear their boots fulltime? Or just wear them all the time except when raiding?
Memento Mori - Najena
Cazri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 01:20 PM   #11
spa

General

34% speed from Selo's is just pathetic - for a Bard. In EQ1 Bard's were like Sonic the hedgehog fast.

Fastest we can go without that Droag swill is 56%. Before LU13 (DoF) combat changes we could get 74%, and 107% with a Fury's cheetah speed buff. Now that wasnt mega fast but it was still only double normal run speed.

Bard's run speed is so gimped in EQ2 :smileytongue: they aint even god-like buffers anymore like they were in EQ1/EQOA.
spa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #12
Whysprr_Wyrd

Loremaster

Cazaril asked:  "Does anyone over 60 wear their boots fulltime? Or just wear them all the time except when raiding?" 

If someone who just turned 60 and has no intention whatsoever of turning in her Jboots counts, [Whysprr waves her arms shouting Me!  Me!  Meeeee!!]. 

To loosely quote Aragorn, my days have always been to short for my work.  My default setting is 'frantic;' I can occasionally get down to 'rushed' but only with the aid of powerful drugs.  What's a few points of Str, Agi, Int, and resistances?  They'll get my Jboots when they pry them off my cold, dead, rotting... 

Eeeeeeew. 

If anyone sees a pair of Jboots for sale and you check them and there's still a toe in the toe, I'd pass that set by. 

I've got some Boots of Spyrakis attuned that I haul around.  Never do remember to put 'em on when I get to the fighting areas.  Hot-stuff boots, great stats, good resists, Flowing Thought 3.  They're at the bottom of the backpack under the Vermin's Snye quest book. 

Best,

Whysprr 
Whysprr Wyrdwynd (born during a severe vowel shortage) the Sultana of Splat
Brethren (And what about the sistren, may I just ask?)
Qeynos (but not ridiculous about it)
Dirge & Bespoke Jeweler to the Scouts of Norrath (at least the ones who are willing to put their rares at risk)
Some level or other (who knows when you're reading this)
Kithicor server (when it's up and lag isn't too dreadful)

Old 06-06-2006, 06:07 PM   #13
DarkangelCA

Loremaster

I haven't taken my JBoots off since i could put them on, and the only time i plan on it is if i need to inside a raid or when taking on high reds with higher level players where resists mean abit more then extra speed.
DarkangelCA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:37 PM   #14
Krescendo

Loremaster

J-Boots. I always have them handy and equip them anytime I run someplace. I have a carpet that I have never clicked on.

At 70, there is just too much of a plus on the other boots available for me to wear j-boots all the time. In groups, the stats and mitigation, in raids, there are boots with FT and/or resists. I do know raiding bards that still wear GEBs in T7.

90% with the Droag swill is a hoot. But to be honest? It is a real nuisance sometimes trying to move around in dungeons that fast. I'd really like to see our combat/stealth speed kicked up a bit. Natuarally, those places where being feared is a problem, you will go to walk anyway.

I do agree, bard-speed is a perk of the class that was considered as part of our balance. It is also part of the bard package that isn't scaling as we level.  I feel is causing us to lose a bit in relation to other classes. It has some real application to groups....we don't train well but if there is a monk or tank in the group it enhances their training ablility.  The fact that your stealthed speed is not affected really kills some of the utility as well.

Krescendo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 06:39 PM   #15
Priestbane

Loremaster

Gah... both of you take em off long enough to air em out!  And put some odor-eaters in em!
Old 06-06-2006, 06:42 PM   #16
Priestbane

Loremaster

Actually Kresc, I've been meaning to bug that...  Every scout class has an additional function on their stealth line.  Our stealth ability says "stealth with an increased speed", but we run just the same as everybody else when stealthed.  Either the description needs fixing, or the ability does.
Old 06-06-2006, 08:27 PM   #17
Salmastryon

Loremaster

My Jboots got relagated to my backoack as soon as I got some better shoes statwise.  Sometimes in the high 50s i realized i never even bothered to drag them out to throw on every now and then. (maybe it was after the speed hike come to think of it...)  At anyrate, they now grace my entrance hall and have for sometime.:smileywink:
Old 06-06-2006, 09:46 PM   #18
Tarkin-Wretch

there should be an upgrade to selo's at 55 to 40% and again at 69 to 46%.  still slower than the fastest mount at 48% unless you get the achievement but not everyone will choose that.  it seems like the 2 remaining upgrades were just forgotten.  that plus our stealth not actually having any extra feature like the rogues and predators gives the class an unfinished feel.  i just dont see the purpose of selo's when you have a mount that is faster.  how many areas are there where you need a run speed and cant use a mount?
Tarkin-Wretch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2006, 09:53 PM   #19
Rijacki

Tester

Godstalk wrote:
Actually Kresc, I've been meaning to bug that...  Every scout class has an additional function on their stealth line.  Our stealth ability says "stealth with an increased speed", but we run just the same as everybody else when stealthed.  Either the description needs fixing, or the ability does.
When they changed the runspeed reduction on stealth/invis, the "stealth with increased speed" for bards and rogues was.. well.. nerfed.  All runspeed buffs drop when either in stealth or invis.  I, personally, think it should change to the in-combat runspeed rather than dropping all buffs (then it would make the Sonnet that much more useful).  In addition, in my opinon, our higher level Selo's (even just the level 41 version) should also increase in-combat runspeed as well as the out-of-combat runspeed. I hate going into stealth and looking at my persona page.  It's so depressing to see the 0% for run-speed *sniffle*.As for J-boots.  If I am alone or with carpet (or the highest horse) riders, I put them on when I'm running.  If I am with someone who neither has the carpet nor a fast horse, I leave on the boots I recently got with regen.  When I was mentoring my boyfriend's -much- lower level troub, I would get so far ahead of him while wearing my J-boots that they became a liability and I was happy to get the new boots (even though they don't -exactly- match my outfit, then again nor do the J-boots).  But.. they'll still be in my pack.In fact, on my wizard, who I started on first day, she carried and wore, while running, the pre-release J-boots until she could wear the quested ones, jsut for that little nudge of extra speed.
Old 06-07-2006, 12:08 AM   #20
Priestbane

Loremaster

Tarkin,

They didn't forget.  They very specifically planned for Selo's not to increase beyond its current form.  Part of it is to retain the value of the super expensive horses, I am sure.  Regardless of whether or not we agree, it's not a "forgotten" factor.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, and horses and mounts don't work in any dungeon except Living Tombs, for some reason.

Message Edited by Godstalk on 06-06-2006 01:09 PM

Old 06-07-2006, 12:49 AM   #21
Salmastryon

Loremaster

<.<>.>Ok I feel oblivious.  I just noticed your new sig Godstalker.  Very very nice.  I've always wondered what Sorschae looked like.  For some reason I thought she was human and blond cause of your avatar :smileyvery-happy:  I thik it is pretty cool how you edited out the horrid scarf and put in your real hair.More on topic of thread, I never understood this great desire for more and more speed.  I mean I already have to keep an eye on my group when we go somewhere to make sure I don't drop someone.  And if I happen to catch a lag spike  while I'm just moving a few steps sometimes I can aggro a while room on the party.  This is because the game and mobs think I ran all crazy like to my doom, then suddenly I teleport back to the party and everything runs at poor little me howling for my blood.  (Fortunately this doesn't happen very often anymore, but when I was having trouble with my connection I got teased about being kamikaze dirge -.-)Is it just me or does this thread revive itself every few months.....
Old 06-07-2006, 02:36 AM   #22
Priestbane

Loremaster

It's just you!  Haha, no it isn't just you, unfortunately. =(

Anyhow, I wish I could claim credit for the sig, but no, that lil bit of artistic mastery was done by my guildie and inquisitor extraordinary, Lunna!  (posts as Lunnagirl, has a thread on the fan art board, was featured on the Treasure Chest, and posted once on our FAQ)

Anyhow it only just went up yesterday afternoon, so don't feel TOO oblivious.  Rather, mock me for having it for two weeks and only JUST getting it up there (and only after Lunna hosted it...)

Old 06-07-2006, 03:16 AM   #23
Rijacki

Tester

But it is a great sig!
Old 06-07-2006, 11:01 AM   #24
K3mik4l

Loremaster

Might be a bit offtopic now but gonna show it anyway SMILEYFree Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.usFrom Djinn Master.Personally, I use jboots all the time while traveling. As I've hotkeyed them and combat boots, switching them is easy and fast SMILEY
K3mik4l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:14 PM   #25
Lindar Phamoncry

Loremaster

I'm a bit of a Hotbar [Removed for Content]

Linked chain boots for grouping

Jboots for traveling

GEB's for raiding

also have my formal wear and bp hotbared... its all about the looks you know! lol

Lindar Phamoncry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2006, 07:16 PM   #26
Donte

Loremaster

Mage only.  that's lame.

Old 06-07-2006, 08:04 PM   #27
Salmastryon

Loremaster

Anyone have a screenie or the runspeed stats of the gnome disk?
Old 06-08-2006, 12:11 PM   #28
K3mik4l

Loremaster

Salmastryon wrote:Anyone have a screenie or the runspeed stats of the gnome disk?

48% if I remember correctly.
Old 06-09-2006, 12:56 AM   #29
Icarii_Raven`Lyon

Loremaster

What is this gnome disk? Ive never heard of/seen it.
Old 06-09-2006, 10:17 AM   #30
K3mik4l

Loremaster

Icarii_Raven`Lyon wrote:
What is this gnome disk? Ive never heard of/seen it.

http://eqiiforums.station.sony.com/eq2/board/message?board.id=grph&message.id=28259That's what it looks like.