EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Priest's Sanctum > Inquisitor
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-13-2004, 07:39 PM   #1
z-layr

I'm currently a lvl25 Inquis. I'm using the Skullcrusher with Bulwark of the advisor. Poor dmg but high stats such as power and health.

I have though the Scorched Staff, which does more damage with slightly less stats, and also the Heavy Skullsprainer, with very poor stats, but extremely high dmg.

Am I better to be sticking with power stats over damage, how much difference does it make?
z-layr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 06:31 PM   #2
Azam

General

Personally, as a healer I would not sacrafice stats for a little melee dmg on my weapon. If you think about it, if your group was really in trouble what would be more useful? Your meager melee dmg or that extra power you have from those stats?
Azam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2004, 07:40 PM   #3
Decimat

General

The Heavy Skull Sprainer has nice damage, but it is extremely slow.  It doesn't do much more DPS than a skullcrusher.  Using a 2h weapon, you are taking a double hit on the stats, cause your symbol can be giving you nice stats as well.  I gain almost 20 hp/power and 6 int/wis from my symbol, and 20/20 hp/power and 6/str/agil from my symbol and weapon, so going to a skullsprainer would be a noticeable drop in my stats.  Not too many viable choices for weapons after skullcrusher.  Feysteel Scourge, dropped in Varsoon from the mobs near the top.  Bloodstain hammer, dropped on the EL boat ride boss.  Truesilver Wand which is what I use, drops from the tempered clay in Varsoon, useable at lvl 31. 

I suggest staying 1h, cause 2h is just about the same damage as 1h over time anyway, with half the stats. 
Old 12-14-2004, 07:49 PM   #4
Yo

A little bit WIS and Power on a weapon makes a considerable difference in your Manapool.

This "little" bit of extra power can be more important in a fight, than your meager damage output with the weapon. (You would even add more damage to the fight if you use this additional mana for one DoT or big nuke.)

For the healer I would for sure say Stats over Damage.

Old 12-14-2004, 07:53 PM   #5
Decimat

General

Another good point about the stats.  Your power Regens in %, not in #.  The more power you have, the more you regen per tick, the longer you can last in battle. 
Old 12-16-2004, 08:25 PM   #6
ascot

I carry a 2-Hander when i solo cause if i get in trouble with mana i can at least do some meager dmg. For groups i stick with a +wis shield and 1-h weapon for better mana and defense.
ascot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2004, 10:50 PM   #7
Bobbubski

Loremaster

the 2-hander skullspraner is fun just to keep in your bag.  especially if there are 2 healers in group and you are just doing debuffs, u can throw it on for something different.  or else if u just want a change you can throw it on.

its whatever spices things up... otherwise i tend to agree to just keep the 1h + symbol/shield if you are in need of your A game

Message Edited by Bobbubski on 12-16-2004 09:51 AM

Old 12-16-2004, 11:02 PM   #8
Woz

Short Answer:Solo with a 2-hander. Group with a 1-Hander, to max out your wis/power/AC combination.Solo:I wrote a quick parser to analyze my damage output when soloing, and about 25%-30% of my DPS comes from my 2-hander. That's actually quite a lot when you think about it. And I'm chaining HOs constantly to get that "extra" nuke as much as possible.Maximizing AC is not really a concern when soloing. Even when I solo green^^ and the occasional blue^^ I don't ever really need more than one or two BoV to stay healthy. (Assuming you have good overall AC to begin with -- and if you don't, go and get some right now.)Maximizing wis/power is also not as big a concern. Only once in a while on blue^^ is running out of power a problem. And when it is, the extra 10-20 power I would have gotten from my 1-Hander+Shield combo wouldn't have been nearly as helpful as all that DPS I got from the 2-Hander anyway. On the close fights I'm always glad to be able to pound out that last 5%-10% of MOB health with my Big Stick as I anxiously wait for my next Smite/BoV/CH to become available.Group:Nobody cares about your melee. I repeat, nobody cares about your melee. Not even you. It's not even the whipped cream on the dessert after a good meal. It's maybe the sugar sprinkles on the whipped cream on the dessert after a good meal.Load up on as much wis/power as you can (to keep others alive) and then load up on as much AC as you can (to keep yourself alive so you can keep others alive).In Toto:Spending one of your precious inventory slots on carrying an extra 2-Hander around so you can switch from solo to group mode is a no-brainer. The answer to the question of 1-Hander vs. 2-Hander is: both.

Message Edited by Wozan on 12-16-2004 10:07 AM

Vass Lxanvom :: Half-Elf Inquisitor of Freeport
Wozan :: Barbarian Crusader of Freeport
Luul :: Barbarian Enchanter of Freeport
:: Mistmoore ::
Woz is offline   Reply With Quote