EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > Tradeskill Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2016, 06:47 AM   #391
Shadowscale

carts wont spawn for stacky racks for stabby sticks, but they did for keep the home fires burning. but they only counted for the second.
Shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 06:58 AM   #392
Niami DenMother

Unlikely Saviors - the slug kept following me even after I passed him over to Lyraquel ... until I ported back to Twark, at which point he got lost.

(On a separate, but related note, you also can't port back to Twark with a leashed chokidai and try to hand him in for Pup Piper, as I learned the hard way when trying to save myself a little flying ;D)
Niami DenMother is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 07:04 AM   #393
Shmogre

I also noticed this....used the Twark totem, no puppy with me at the other end. When I went back to get another, I saw the poor little guy just standing there where I had ported (shades of Fry and Seymour...sad Futurama is sad). I was able to leash another and head back, and the other pup just stood there watching as I took off with his brother (cue Sarah McLachlan).
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2016, 11:06 PM   #394
Morrdredd

Ok.. so why are the pages to the recipe book like random shiny spawns.. why didn't they get a fixed location... I am getting many repeats of pages I have already picked up.. to me, they should be static locations like many quests in the past, including language quests from the old kunark zones... maybe it's just me..
Old 11-06-2016, 12:46 AM   #395
Chikkin

I would love to have the pages as static spawns, or maybe just click a bookcase? many bookcases to account for all pages.

Also the lonesome lily on live will be HELL. It vanishes on pick up and takes a few seconds to respawn. I imagine the line to the lily and Im not sure if laugh or cry. Can we please get it as clicky and not harvest?
Chikkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 05:07 AM   #396
Niami DenMother

"The Gardens are in Bloom"
A niggly when you're talking to Taelonar is that when he's wandering over some of the rocks, he ends up "..."too far away to interact with that" when you hail him. An example of where I mean is at -518.00 -87.22 -644.74 201.27 0.00 0.00
Old 11-06-2016, 10:37 AM   #397
Wurm

"Into the spire"

The first scroll still has no sparkle effect. In the adventurer side of the quest they changed the scroll to a flapping page on the ground, maybe a good idea for the TS side as well?

*edit* Second scroll as well, though it is in an easier area to find as the first.
Wurm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #398
I like bears

I just finished the signature line. Here's my feedback.

Gathering the pages was the worst and most boring part. It was not fun at all. It felt like a chore.
Out of 12(?) pages, only 2 were in bookshelves... you would think with all the bookshelves in Bathezid's Watch, there would be more than two clickable pages.

I spent about 20 minutes trying to find all of them, with the last 10min just trying to find two pages that finally turned up after getting countless duplicates.

I really think this step should be revised, at least make more bookshelves have more pages, maybe 5 or 6? So there's less duplicates. That part really stunk. Frown

Or, Could the pages at least be heirloom or something, so we don't have to do this part on our alts and make use of those awful duplicates?
Old 11-06-2016, 10:31 PM   #399
Niami DenMother

One handy hint is that all the TS scrolls that we use both times we go into the spire instance have the same appearance,(the sage-made Umbral Parchment Scroll from ToT) and only those scrolls will have that appearance in the instance.

[IMG]
Old 11-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #400
Niami DenMother

Tiny niggle
"Gathering Shinies"
If you have surplus "tough vine" they do not auto-delete at the completion of this quest (it is the last time you will need them in the questline)
Old 11-07-2016, 06:28 AM   #401
Wurm

And they are small and I have vision impairment so it would still be nice if they either had sparkles or were changed to the flapping piece of paper like in the adventure zones. Movement makes everything easier to see.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:37 PM   #402
Tierisch

Is it just me or is anyone else having trouble targeting the portal to the Spire? I finally figured out that only a tiny area UNDER the actual portal is targetable.
Old 11-07-2016, 06:55 PM   #403
Tierisch

Answering myself, been listening to general chat, and in the last few minutes a couple more people have complained about not being able to click the portal.
Old 11-07-2016, 07:58 PM   #404
Wurm

gninja announced they know about it and it will be fixed.
Old 11-07-2016, 11:15 PM   #405
Tierisch

Just FYI, once I received the quest "The Final Blow" from Brytthel I accidentally clicked on her again and she started the dialog from the new TS quests all over again.
Old 11-08-2016, 05:57 PM   #406
Quillyne

New Raffik quest: I haven't been able to find any kind of a starter for this. Nothing in the mail, nothing when I hired him and brought him OF with me, nothing with his bottle...nothing! I am clearly missing something, or I didn't get something...or, something!
Old 11-08-2016, 07:35 PM   #407
Domino

Developer

Indeed Smile All the update notes said is this:

Domino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 09:38 PM   #408
Shmogre

Ah ha ha haaa! So much awesomeness!! BigGrin
Old 11-08-2016, 10:02 PM   #409
Quillyne

Ok, only one little thing with the boat ride. I was so happy to be back on the boat that I just ran it...forgetting to look for evidence of Raffik (cough, yes, I know...*blushes). I was able to shoot myself off the boat and landed on the beach...only to realize I had left the boat before getting the update. Deleted and did it again the right way with no trouble. As much as I love, love, love The Frillik Tide, I am not sure if it was a good thing that I was able to leave before attending to Raffik.

Actually, one more (truly) little thing...Captain Zythox stole, but did not wear, my cute little pink assassin outfit from the guide shiny collection. And the hood appeared white on the thieving mate. I was sad.
#moreziplines
Old 11-08-2016, 10:33 PM   #410
Mermut

How do you go back to the boat?
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 10:44 PM   #411
Xianthia

I've returned to ToT and did the Revealed instance but all that did was return me to Obulus.
Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:14 PM   #412
Niami DenMother

Quest: The Gardening Goblin
Issues: 1) Goblin has no quest feather over his head at the start (he/she didn't for the earlier ones, either, but I'll have to dig for questnames in my logs in a sec). 2) Step: "Check the Glowing Plant". Plant is invisible, nothing glowing. You see an empty-looking planter. You can check it just fine, it is just the glowing plant graphic seems to be missing. Once you harvest the "a strange harvest" it goes back to being a nonglowing visible plant again.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:29 PM   #413
Shmogre

Oops, posted the same thing and a screenshot over here...sorry for duplication in the wrong thread.
Old 11-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #414
Shmogre

Typo: Quest - "Home Sickness", step "I should ask Growf's advice" - When asking Growf "Do I need to bring the plant back here then?", the letter "i" should be capitalized:

[IMG]
Old 11-08-2016, 11:48 PM   #415
Chiffon

With Raffik tagging along, think like the little guy... what does he like, what does he want to do, and then try to remember where there might be pirates hanging out in OF. Note: make sure you're not just flying around, because boats aren't in the air Smile
Chiffon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2016, 11:51 PM   #416
Shmogre

Plus Raffik isn't terribly into flying (he's an ocean kind of guy), so he only shows his face when his feet are firmly on the ground...since you are doing this for him, he needs to be there too. Smile
Old 11-09-2016, 04:34 AM   #417
Niami DenMother

That's an issue with all versions of Frillik's Tide, not just the tradeskill version - if an outfit is one that has multiple tinted versions, it seems to pick some default tinting, not the tinting your outfit had. Instead of wearing my lovely purple artisan's formal ensenble, he's wearing some red and black version of it.
Old 11-09-2016, 08:39 AM   #418
Quillyne

Oh, you are a tricksy thing! I found it! <3 the crafting stuff this expac...so good, so fun!
Old 11-09-2016, 09:10 AM   #419
Wurm

My red and black outfit was completely white, it looked cool though, cool enough that I wish I could have a copy.
Old 11-09-2016, 02:17 PM   #420
Sambril

Yes - I thought it very odd with the Captain wearing my SK's normally stylish Nightmarish gear all in white, so much so that I had to double check I wasn't only my pally who likes to wear the white Ironforge Parade gear from marketplace.
Sambril is offline   Reply With Quote