EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Account Related Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-15-2011, 09:47 PM   #1
qalyn

Scholar

I recently purchaced the AoD expansion, but not the collector's edition. Is there any way to "upgrade" to the collector's edition? That is to say, is there any way I can pay the extra $ and get the bonuses that were included in the collector's edtion? You'd think there'd be lots of ways to give soe my moolah, ha ha SMILEY

qalyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2011, 05:57 PM   #2
TSR-JoshuaM

Customer Service

I believe the upgrade was removed from the marketplace for the time being.  I'll get more information and update you as soon as I can.

Technical Support Representative

Sony Online Entertainment

How to Contact Support:

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28939

How to Create a DXDIAG/MSINFO

https://help.station.sony.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/28973
TSR-JoshuaM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 07:31 AM   #3
steamroled

Augur

TSR-JoshuaM wrote:

I believe the upgrade was removed from the marketplace for the time being.  I'll get more information and update you as soon as I can.

ya, what happened to it? it was on marketplace and online and now its not in either spots

steamroled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 12:34 PM   #4
Mystfit

Loremaster

I think it was freaking people out cause they bought it thinking it was the full deal only to find out it was *just* the upgrade....

Old 12-17-2011, 12:46 PM   #5
Elomort

Loremaster

I was quite sad to see the 5000SC upgrade from AoD standard to Collectors was gone yesterday (even before the triple SC).

Hopefully you can extend this to a few more days past the mere 4 or 5 you actually had the upgrade up. Tp be honest though, why not keep it up forever?

Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.
Elomort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:01 PM   #6
Catria

Loremaster

I'm also one of the people who bought the regular edition of AoD (for my alt accounts) at full price.  I'm not really upset about that but even before the triple SC offer came up I was wishing I could upgrade to collector's edition.  I really like the house and mount.

Maybe it could be put back on the marketplace for SC but have it only show up for people who have purchased the expack.  I know this can easily be done because once you buy the expack it no longer shows on the marketplace, whether or not you have the hide unusable items box checked.

I guess I am a bit upset that I bought AoD for the alts less than 2 days before this triple SC offer, and now could conceivably buy the CE for $30 real money, when I paid $40 for the basic, but I can't even pay full price for an upgrade now.

Catria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 01:10 PM   #7
Nashbry

Loremaster

You guys are just noticing this?  It was only available the day and maybe a partial day after launch.  I know, I created a post about it, turned in a ticket, and called SOE...I don't see it coming back anytime soon---the problem, they explained to me, is that people would buy the "upgrade" thinking it was the full expansion---Apparently people in general do not read very well and it caused an influx of customer service issues.  I have been waiting since Dec. 9th for it to return and have yet to see it.

Nashbry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:23 PM   #8
Swiftwood

Lord

I am interested in this upgrade option now too.  After being told by customer support that it would only cost me $20 more dollars to get the upgrade when the game came out, to find out it was $50 more when it did.  Now, there is a triple SC day, this option seems much more inline with what I was interested in, in the first place.

Please put the upgrade package back in the marketplace for 5000 SC.  I understand it was put there in the first place for platinum members.  I am one of those and I can read the difference.

Swiftwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 03:36 PM   #9
Deago

Loremaster

I would extremely enjoy it if the upgrade option returned.

This would be excellent!

Old 12-17-2011, 05:07 PM   #10
simianthief

Lord

Ditto.  I went lookin' but it's not listed.  And while we're on the subject *greasy smile*  Any chance we can get the "upgrade" for past collector's editions as well?  Hmmm?  Yes, that would be lovely.  And get something nice for yourself.  SMILEY

simianthief is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 07:38 AM   #11
Eshaac

Tester

Yeah, I was looking to upgrade as well.

Eshaac

Test;

Eshaac 84 Ranger, 92 Jeweler ; Eshaack 92 Beastlord, 37 Provisioner ; Faelander 20 Assassin, 20 Woodworker

Curley 32 SK, 32 Alchemist ; Squint 20 Mystic, 22 Sage

Eshaac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 11:05 PM   #12
Swiftwood

Lord

Here's a win/win solution to this problem.  Add it to your 12 days of christmas.  It makes you look good, you make money, and you'll make us happy. All in one solution. SMILEY

Old 12-23-2011, 12:26 AM   #13
Swiftwood

Lord

Thank you for putting the collector's edition back. SMILEY

Old 12-27-2011, 11:30 AM   #14
quiarrah

Loremaster

If the collectors edition is back. . . .where is it? The only one I could get for my daughter was the standard and I wanted her to get the house! Now what? She cant even get  the upgrade. . . .now she is stuck with the standard and  won;t get all the goodies. Can I PLEASE have it? Put the option back again because it is not there anymore. Some of us had Christmas late due to money. . . .

Old 01-09-2012, 03:45 AM   #15
Wurm

Loremaster

Probably going to wait long enough until almost everyone has spent all their x3 and x2 SC and then put it back up.

Old 01-09-2012, 07:03 PM   #16
TSR-JoshuaM

Customer Service

What is included in the marketplace is outside of what the Technical Support department is involved with.  The best bet is to contact our support staff directly or open a petition when it comes to things missing in game, even in the marketplace.

How to Contact Support:

Old 01-09-2012, 07:05 PM   #17
Tigress

Loremaster

it's listed here:  http://www.everquest2.com/shop .  not sure if you can buy it with SC in the game.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #18
TSR-JoshuaM

Customer Service

I'll request more info and see if I can find out when/if it'll get pushed in-game.

How to Contact Support:

Old 01-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #19
ISeeker

Loremaster

Tigress wrote:

it's listed here:  http://www.everquest2.com/shop .  not sure if you can buy it with SC in the game.

Perfect!! I just upgraded with pts i got on the triple sale.. Thanks!!

ISeeker is offline   Reply With Quote