EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Support Forums > Tech Area > Account Related Support
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-09-2009, 08:28 AM   #91
Panii

Loremaster

Hiya this happenned to my husband Kadez on Splitpaw Saturday randomly mid fight!!! and me on changing characters on Pannee on Splitpaw on Sunday. We are both paid up as the money has come out of our accounts, and are very interested to know if this money is "missing" who has stolen it as clearly there is a breach in security for it to go missing.

While I agree that we don't always need tech support/Admin at the weekends, they CLEARLY knew that there was a problem Friday and should have found someone to deal with it. To have our aacounts closed as if have done something wrong weithout warning is both insulting and a pure lack of respect for their customers.

I for one work full time as I suspect many people do, in and around the UK it is therefore impossible to get hold of the SOE customer support even UK as they are only open US times. If We fins ourselves going round in circles trying to resolve what is not our fault I myself will not bother anymore with a game I love to play as it isa not worth the hassle. I seriously think that customer support has let its players down badly.

I hope that someone is able to deal with this asap, I will be reporting this to my bank account also as my money has failed to reach its destination, and therefore is unaccounted for, I am therefore concerned that my bank account maybe in serious threat.

A very unimpressed

Pannee

Panii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 11:05 AM   #92
Shinie
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Absolution

Loremaster

So as the days tick by, it seems more and more accounts are being closed because of what i assume is an automated system.  The first accounts that were closed were those where payments were taken on the 21st january, and then the next day payments takne on the 22nd(mine included) .. now it appears some accounts are starting to be closed where payments were taken on the 23rd January.  Well !! I'm sorry but by any stretch of the imagination this is a right royal screw up, shame on you sony for letting this happen and double shame on you for letting it drag on and on and on and on and who knows how [Removed for Content] long!

I to have reported a possible abuse of my cc account i hope that causes problems for you !

Old 02-09-2009, 11:55 AM   #93
Helmarf

Loremaster

1 thing that hits me is that there most be somekind of emergency alert, like now when lots of accounts being closed and you cant make a new payment etc! And 2nd it looks like they know about what was going on but they just let it go! We even got a res answear here but nothing still happend for over 48 hours for me for ex.

Helmarf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #94
ybbot

General

This i a JOKE. Now they even closed the chatsupport for maintenance  LOL   But how they nerfed SWG a couple of yaers ago and didn't listen then on thousands players I assume they did not listen to us as well...Maybe after 5 years its time to give my money to a company that cares to the customers that pay them tere salery...

ybbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:10 PM   #95
Comalv

Loremaster

This is getting to a point beyond which it makes it really hard for me to keep my politeness towards SOE.

So it's 7am PST, Live Chat (Aka Chat Support) goes live since it's a monday, i file in my request, and i get the error:Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment. Live Chat has been temporarily closed for maintenance.

So you know u have huge billing issues that are making players being unable to play since Saturday, and now when live chat is about to go live to allow for faster resolution of said issues, you "close it for maintenance"? If it's a joke it's not funny, if it's not a joke but it's some other kind of issues, make Web Coders actually code properly and display a correct reason for the inability to use the Live Chat Support, because with this reason being displayed it really looks like if you're making fun of your customers.

Old 02-09-2009, 12:11 PM   #96
Andreas83

Loremaster

hahaha, omg seriously WHAT are you DOING SoE ? now when the support finally is suppose to be OPEN ( after a weekends waiting ) i get this message when i try to use the live chat support:

Thank you for contacting SoE, our chat service is currently down atm etc etc etc ...

This is starting to walk on my nerves ............

Andreas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:13 PM   #97
Motown

Loremaster

0712 on Mon morn....

"Thank you for contacting Sony Online Entertainment.  Live chat has been temporarily closed for maintenance.  We apologise for the inconvenience."

One can only laugh, lol......

Old 02-09-2009, 12:14 PM   #98
ybbot

General

how to maintenace there brains

Old 02-09-2009, 12:27 PM   #99
ironstone

Loremaster

This level of support is utter rubbish .. this is the sort of support I would expect from 2-bit software company hosting from bedroom, not a multi-million dollar corporation, raking in millions of dollars in subscriptions.

Highly unimpressive!

ironstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:30 PM   #100
Usbek

Loremaster

SOE, stop making fun of your CUSTOMERS, cause you are denying a service that we payed alredy.

Nadna Tree'Hugger, Warden of Fate

Usbek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #101
Isserl

General

still no word from tech support except automated email 48 hours ago claiming i would be answered in 24 hours. The least SOE could do is make some sort of announcement/response other than leaving a moderator to apologise. Accountability is key. I'm actually starting to wonder about wrath of the lich king as at least WoW has tech support that works.

I'm willing to bet that WoW account would reactivate with no trouble at all.

Isserl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:49 PM   #102
biershake

Far beyond believe ..

biershake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:50 PM   #103
Andreas83

Loremaster

Isserlis wrote:

still no word from tech support except automated email 48 hours ago claiming i would be answered in 24 hours. The least SOE could do is make some sort of anoouncement/response other than leaving a moderator to apologise. Accountability is key. I'm actually starting to wonder about wrath of the lich king as at least WoW has tech support that works.

I'm willing to bet that WoW account would reactivate with no trouble at all.

Ye i agree with you. Atleast WoW handle the situations like this fast compared to this crap. I stopped playing WoW cause their was lack of end game in WoTLK and started with EQ 2.

But now im starting to ask myseylf if i was stupid going back to a SoE game (after playing EQ (1) from end of 99 to oow) Kinda got a reminder now how rly bad their support is.

Another thing that makes me rly angry is that no GMs is even answering on this thread, sure on the first posts 1 was replying with some "bright head" answers without even have a clue what the problem rly was . Just telling us to go call their support phone that aint working, atleast not for me when i have to call on times when i work, woopie doo. I would probably get the foot if i stand on my work talking english with a game company .. Seriously this annoys me alot ..

Someone could ATLEAST go in here. reply on those posts with toons of frustrating customers and give us some god [Removed for Content] information of what is going on and maybe a ETA when the problem will be SOLVED ... Damnit ..

Andreas83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:51 PM   #104
evercrak

Loremaster

Hello!

I feel whit you all..Sony lets make a efort now and get this going..

Ever..

Soory my bad English not my nativ.

It's not my nativ lang...

Ever...
evercrak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 12:59 PM   #105
ybbot

General

I at least want a month of free play and a big exuse. tried mail, phone chat(closed) no one will answer. its like soe disapeared from the surface of this eart. [Removed for Content] bad support.

Old 02-09-2009, 01:04 PM   #106
Impega

Loremaster

And another one!

Payment taken on 2nd February 2009.

Booted out on Saturday 7th Feb. No live CS of course so mailed my "petition". Received an automated reply saying that SoE would be in touch within 24 hours..............48 hours later, nothing.

I fully accept that problems happen but the complete lack of Customer Service or even any information/communication is just dire.

Sony, why are you SO rude & disrespectful to your customers?

Impega is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:07 PM   #107
Keeper1975

Loremaster

ybbot11 wrote:

I at least want a month of free play and a big exuse. tried mail, phone chat(closed) no one will answer. its like soe disapeared from the surface of this eart. [Removed for Content] bad support.

Yep...and they are running away with your money in their pockets...hihihi

Keeper1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:10 PM   #108
Bed

General

i was just put into a holding pattern on the soe support phone line for 40 mins, then i gave up. I guess its another day without EQ2.

Bed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:15 PM   #109
purpleviol

General

I want some sort of compensation for this muck up this is the worst support i have come across there just isn't any and the worst time to do it on a weekend especially when they were aware of the problems

purpleviol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #110
crushagrape

Loremaster

I full agree with you guys they are taking the biscuit and thats being polite ... Yes im having the same problem and its not funny any more (( wasn't funny in the first place I WANT my game back so not fair that my hubby can keep playing and i can't .
crushagrape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:21 PM   #111
uberpaco2

Defender

Just another one here, a returnee was gonna try the game out again. Paid 22/1 closed 7/2.

Have checked with the bank and the money has gone thru.Has contacted the support gotten the 'will contact you within 24 hours'......

Time to press cancel on my other account and go somewhere else again.Just remembered what I disliked about Eq2, the company that runs it.

uberpaco2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:25 PM   #112
Keeper1975

Loremaster

purpleviolet wrote:

I want some sort of compensation for this muck up this is the worst support i have come across there just isn't any and the worst time to do it on a weekend especially when they were aware of the problems

I want some compensation too...1 year of free eq2 + 1 year of payment..from SOE to me

Now being seriously: i believe that what i suspected (and said earlier) happened - they are getting far too many complains and they aren't being able to handle them all...i can't imagine how many players did payed from 21th jan up to today... probably thousands...

let's hope for the best...because the alternative is far too bad to say anything.

AJ

Old 02-09-2009, 01:28 PM   #113
ybbot

General

The Strangest thing from SOE is there SILENCE......

Old 02-09-2009, 01:29 PM   #114
Oakleaf

Loremaster

5.30 pm, raid starts in 1 1/2 hours, nothing happenend ...

[Removed for Content], open my account and find out what is wrong with your payment later!

Oakleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:30 PM   #115
FelixDomesticus

Loremaster

It is not Everquest2 only. There seems to be same subscription problem in Vanguard too. And support in there sucks just as much.

I paid my sub in full and all I get is to watch CLOSED in my subscription screen...

More action and less excuses SOE!

Old 02-09-2009, 01:31 PM   #116
purpleviol

General

The worst thing about it is you can't get through to anyone and the live chat is shut for maintenance how rubbish is that i think someone has alot of explaining to do. I am guessing they closed the chat because they knew they were going to be flooded with complaints SMILEY Why does nobody work at the weekend?  especially when they knew anout the issues

Old 02-09-2009, 01:33 PM   #117
ybbot

General

ive worked in a similiar supportcenter, what we did when its were a bug or anything went wrong... weto opened all accounts and then later made an errorsearch and closed that ones that should be closed.

SOE listen  hello......hello...

nope still SILENCE...

Old 02-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #118
Keeper1975

Loremaster

The problem entirely SOE fault - it's GlobalCollect fault, hence various games are suffering from this issue... from what someone said earlier, on the 21th january, there was a power outage on US, which seems to have affected GlobalCollect Payment confirmations to all (?) their business partners...since noone noticed it (guessing here), when the automated system from SOE kicked in, those that didn't had the confirmation payments on AS SOE system, got their subscription closed.

AJ

Old 02-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #119
Bed

General

my brothers account isnt banned he payed on the 22 january. my account is banned which was payed on the 21st with the same credit card. so i think it affects just some thousand ppl who payed btw 21-22 january. But the worst think isnt the problem itself, its the lack of information. I saw just 1 dev posting and it said we should contact the support, and i wasted like 6-7$ at the holding pattern. I demand some Information on the progress, are they working on it when could it be fixed and so on ...

Bed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2009, 01:37 PM   #120
purpleviol

General

What happened is the global collect we paid the money to did not tell soe that those people had paid for their subs so soe didn't know so they thought the subs had not been paid for therefore closed everyones account so it is global collects fault for not telling sony all those accounts had been paid for what a bunch of idiots