EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Zones and Population
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-15-2008, 01:08 AM   #1
N88b7ife

So i just got the game and i was wondering what server i should play, and is there an eq2 (bible) site newho thanks for the help eh

N88b7ife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 01:11 AM   #2
Noaani

Loremaster

If you don't already know anyone in game, then the server you start on doesn't matter too much. If you have odd playtimes then you may want to do some more in depth research as to which servers are more active when, but if you are usually going to be on during US primetime, any of the US servers will be fine. Other than that, just look at the server tags (PvP is obviously Player vs Player, RP is a roleplaying prefered server, and EXC is a server you can buy and sell stuff with other players on).

As to a site to look stuff up on... www.eq2.wikia.com should do.

The superior man knows what is right.
The inferior man knows what will sell.

Confucius

Noaani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 02:50 AM   #3
Path
Server: Vox

Loremaster

Well um OP...

A great start to finding a server that's "good" for you would be to first let us know what you want from a server.

I could tell ya Vox but you don't like LivegamerI could tell ya Venekor but you don't like low pop PVPNaggy, but you don't like high pop PVPAnt Bayle but you hate RPBazaar but you don't like LG RPingSee what I mean? SMILEY

Path is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 10:42 AM   #4
Elorah

Loremaster

Once you know what server type you enjoy (Pve, RP, PvP, Live gamer...)  You can go from there...

If you are looking for one with a decent population, create a character during what will be your "prime playtime" and you will see the server loads at that time (high, medium, low).  Once you find the serevr type that you like, look at the server loads....

Old 12-26-2008, 04:48 AM   #5
Evette23

Loremaster

Antonia Bayle for PvE (the RP prefered tag means nothing)

Nagafen for PvP

Evette23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 02:40 PM   #6
Zizzu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Veeshans Fury

Loremaster

Evette23 wrote:

Antonia Bayle for PvE (the RP prefered tag means nothing)

Nagafen for PvP

I agree. Antonia Bayle probably largest population. Plus, you don't have roleplay unless you want to.

Old 12-26-2008, 05:51 PM   #7
freeSpirit

Loremaster

I'm considering to move my chars to a PvE server where ppl are more mature and show more respect to others:

examples

- they don't open the chest each time before you can disarm (and have asked twice before) if you're the only scout in the group

- they don't hit the need button when looting for an alt (but use greed)

- they understand you only play this game just to have fun and that you have a family life with kids and a wife/husband

- they don't steal a mob you're camping for a quest (because that mob happens to drop some interesting loot)

- they don't group to help only themselves (so they do quests for EVERYONE in the group)

- so I value the social aspects of the population on a server much more than some economic aspects that some seem to value above everything

which server do you think is best with regard to the above?

Old 12-26-2008, 08:25 PM   #8
Zizzu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Veeshans Fury

Loremaster

There are a ton of "family" type guilds on AB server. I suggest going to Antonia Bayle server forum here and look at the many guilds looking for new members. Some will have some rules in place that you might like. Some others will be more "loose" on rules.

If not AB, then check elsewhere on the server forums and see what guilds fit your playstyle.