EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 07-25-2007, 06:06 PM   #121
m16shooter

Loremaster

Now, if we could only share our money in the shared bank between different toons.... that would be nice!!
m16shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 08:39 PM   #122
Stinky123

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Updates sound quite nice, though of course once playable their true merit will best be established. I have an issue i would like to raise in so far i believe this is the best place to do it. Kelethin is a wonderful place but it lacks a CITY MERCHANT such that Qeynos and Freeport have (This would hold true for neriak too i'm assuming). If from Kelethin, you are unable to purchase any ceremonial armor, clothes, unique furniture, charms, titles etc. once your guild is to the appropriate level. For me (and many others) this removes a big driving force for leveling a Kelethin based guild. It was thoroughly rewarding once you got to level 25, and 30, to be able to buy shinny ceremonial armor that you could wear around town. As well as formal wear. Kelethin lacks any Merchants that sell such. I would like to see a Kelethin City Merchant form which Fae and others can purchase similar things, or (at the very least) allow Kelethin citizens to be able to purchase from the Qeynos Merchants, after all, they are both on the side of good. If this could be posted in a more appropriate are please just let me know. Thanks, Elhanna.
The city merchant is in the bank of kethlen (dunno bout neriak) stands oposite corner of the banker near the door.  It has been there as long as I can remember, am i missing something?
Stinky123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:19 PM   #123
raynior

Guardian

What we need is for that AA points not to lock in until you can look at the change it makes to your toon.

have it set up so that you can add points to str,sta,ect then look at you stats and see if you like the change if not romove points and add to some place else then when you dont hit ok or done.

I was adding points and my grandson come up bothering me and befor i kne it i had click the wrong place and said ok now i have to pay to reset then after not a 1 min befor that i just payed to reset them because when i had add them did not work out for me.

we need a way to experament with your AA setting not have to pay over and over until you get it where you like it even if it was on a 2 hr clock so you could go out have a few battles and see what you think then after you lock it in. but if not that there should be set up for a mistake not going from 1 min paying 10gp to paying 1pp becasue of a mistake.

raynior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 11:31 PM   #124
Freydinessa

Loremaster

Wow you two are so right, And you're missing nothing. My apologies. I run around with no names activated at all in-game, as i like to see the action, not a bunch of names quivering around the screen. I forgot it was there. Thanks alot Stinky123 and Arbreth
Freydinessa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 AM   #125
Talanja

Loremaster

HOORAY!!! And let me say, about time!!! XD lol i jumped out of the seat when i read the preview!! Cant wait =D
Talanja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 12:50 PM   #126
LeonL

Loremaster

Mr. Dawkins wrote:

Rule #1 in good customer service, dont make the customer angry.

Nerfs make good customers angry.

I have to agree with you here for the most part. Unfortunately, from the overall viewpoint, not nerfing something can make everyone else angry.

I generally don't have a problem with tweaking something to find a good balance. (Tweak is the key word here. Small, barely noticable changes are best.) The problem is too many players complain about 'X being overpowered' without considering the effect in balance changes will cause. (I could go on about how this works in real life, too, but would be WAY off topic.) Changes sometimes need to be made for the better balance, and someone is going to lose out in the change. It's all about adapting to the way things change.

Mr. Fumen says, "Be a player, not a complainer. Learn from your experiences. Adapt, and then break the rules, so that someone will have to change the rules yet again."

Fumen Fromda'ears, Templar and Alchemist, The Bazaar

Ishuf, Conjuror and Provisioner, Test
LeonL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 01:17 PM   #127
Madmoon

Loremaster

Regarding the Brawler changes, the aggro-management changes are fine, but they would need to tweaked a little, or it won't provide any more use for us in raids than before.  Specifically, the percentage needs to be looked at and the radius of the utility, too.  For the first, if we cannot channel the agro to the main tank at a high enough level, then DPS classes will still be taken over us.  Why take a brawler in a DPS slot if he can't fix the agro on the MT anyway?  Might as well take the DPS if the brawler cannot do anything about it, since it will slip off the MT in any case.  For the second, unless the whole make-up is to put us in the MT group, we need this ability to be raid wide.  Why put us in a DPS group to transfer hate if we cannot stay close enough to the MT and the agro-producers simultaneously?

For a group, this is a nice feature as is, but brawlers never had a problem getting groups.

Madmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 04:54 PM   #128
juz

General

Well, I'm sick about Luck getting nerfed for Dirges, none of the EOF upgrades are worth it. Oration of Sacrifice is ok I guess but the whole Magnetic Note line needs some changes and the bonuses to the rez AAs are meh. Garsin's (fear) is sad no matter what. Wail of Woe (interrupt) is worse. Lanet's used to be the best Dirge line in the game, now I barely cast it and the changes to these AAs won't change that. Sappin Shot...well the PvPers might like that one. Magnetic Note is not a bad idea but at the end of that horrible line it's just not worth it. Change them for Tarven's, Cheap Shot, hell, even a reduced recast on Master Strike's. Put our Self Buff and the Hate Buff in there with the ability to remove the concentration slot they cost (those 2 shouldn't have a conc slot please, at least give us this way of obtaining it). Something, anything besides those 3 spells before Magnetic Note. Christ, even the Deagro looks nice compared to those 3 spells...and after this update maybe we will even need it. The nerf to Hyran's just makes me laughs at this point. First you nerfed the ability to be casted on more than 1 person, then you nerfed the Strength, then you removed the Strength completely and gave it Agression (thus useless to a solo dirge while before it was somewhat useful), then you put a recast on it of 30 secs so it can't be casted quickly. Now it's going to give less hate. Did I miss any nerfs on that ability?? Just remove the concentration slot on it already please. At least that way it won't feel like I'm wasting a slot on it. As far as I know, no other 'can only be applied once' spell in the game costs a conc slot. How about making Control Fear an ability to make someone in the raid Fear Inmune? at least that would make it fun for labs and lyceum... --- The fix for E:Fanaticism is a start but that won't solve all of the problems that AA has. All the other Inquisitor AA stuff, at least there wasn't any nerfs but they are underwelming. You buffed Punishment line, I'd still never would pick it as a raider, how about upgrading Emergencies and the Maladroit lines (the debuffs not the root/fear). --- Was fairly happy with the SK stuff, yes, they nerfed Reaver but the other stuff was nice (exept cleave flesh). ps Was this just a first pass on looking into 'upgrading' the EOF AAs or was this it?
Old 07-26-2007, 05:11 PM   #129
Xaxtionlorex

Loremaster

Well, other then an unexplained,unreasoned,and unlogical nerf to reaver, LU37 looks very promising. Lets leave reaver alone, or remove the health cost..or make it act like arch-lich..
Xaxtionlorex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 06:17 PM   #130
Taiken

Lord

Madmoon wrote:

Regarding the Brawler changes, the aggro-management changes are fine, but they would need to tweaked a little, or it won't provide any more use for us in raids than before.  Specifically, the percentage needs to be looked at and the radius of the utility, too.  For the first, if we cannot channel the agro to the main tank at a high enough level, then DPS classes will still be taken over us.  Why take a brawler in a DPS slot if he can't fix the agro on the MT anyway?  Might as well take the DPS if the brawler cannot do anything about it, since it will slip off the MT in any case.  For the second, unless the whole make-up is to put us in the MT group, we need this ability to be raid wide.  Why put us in a DPS group to transfer hate if we cannot stay close enough to the MT and the agro-producers simultaneously?

For a group, this is a nice feature as is, but brawlers never had a problem getting groups.

Why don't they just give us what we want/need instead of figuring out some NEW way to solve a problem.. We never asked for argo control..

It's real simple devs.. Either Give us more DPS or give us better avoidance. Every post every thread ever created about this topic all stated that our DPS / Avoidance is lacking.. Why give us argo control when what the consumer really wants/needs is DPS/ Avoidance.

That is what a raid is looking for, they are looking for a DPSER... Or they are looking for an incredibale MA.. and our avoidance could really help us out here.

It's a simple case of 1+1 = 2.. know your math, it's not 1+1 = argocontrol... I cannot believe that consumer after consumer is asking for the same changes they give us something totally different.

Raid needs DPS, and unless we provide that DPS or some other "good" utility we wont ever be needed in one no matter how good our argo control is.. especially if right now raids are happening without monks and without that ability, and things are going fine.. what's the actual need for it?..

So to recap: Please either give us more DPS/Avoidance or a better utility....

Taiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:54 AM   #131
Mr. Dawki

General

Xaxtionlorex wrote:
Well, other then an unexplained,unreasoned,and unlogical nerf to reaver, LU37 looks very promising. Lets leave reaver alone, or remove the health cost..or make it act like arch-lich..

/agree

now the health cost is going to nearly negate the heal benefit of this ability.

take away the health requirement or leave it alone, or make it 3%

Mr. Dawki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 12:23 PM   #132
Vilayet

Loremaster

"Items that offer a quest are implicitly LORE, NO-TRADE, NO-VALUE, NO-SACRIFICE and NO-TRANSMUTE"

The NO-TRADE part is curious... there are many quest starters that are tradeable.  Why take that away?

-Vila

Vilayet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:46 PM   #133
Drewx

Loremaster

I like the majority of this update except for the deaggro changes and the SK AA changes.

Deaggro wise I really could care less to a certain extent. Every group I tank in had scouts that just lose their minds and rip mobs apart, while mages have the sit back and hold back alittle. (these scouts also scream OOP more than the mages) One swashie got aggro and cussed me out for not peeling (when I was trying) so I said use your deaggro spell and what did he say? "What is a deaggro?" I was like...this'll be a long instance run...

However...while I know alot of scout players are upset over this, I feel it may be nice for them to learn to control their dps much like casters. What concerns me...is with deaggros taking away less hate...this makes my job as a tank EVEN HARDER.

SK's are already the subject to many many discussions, I'm not asking for easy tanking mode, but considering how difficult hate is to manage already to lessen the hate loss deaggro spells take away....eek gads!...thats close to putting a dagger in the back of non-guard/zerk tanks.

For me as an SK I have 2 taunts, Death March (which doubles over as an OMG AOE rescue spell), and Rescue and gasp the Siphon Hate (which I swear does not work at all...but probably just doesn't work well enough). Thanks to Death March I don't need to use Rescue much...but I swear soimetimes I feel I have to spam it and my taunts to hold hate.

Paladins get Amends so hate control is easy...if the healer isn't getting alot...an overzealous scout/caster is. But the other tanks...erm...I'm not too sure how they can cope with the changes.

FOR goodness sake just THINK about how Castle Mistmoore and MMIS will be now?! I hate to say this but despite all the good the GUs are adding the nerfs are starting to remind me of FFXI where the mobs stayed the same and the players just got weaker...and weaker and weaker...till development had to force a MOB nerf because grey and green mobs were whipping players left and right.

SK Changes...

After seeing that SKs are the subject of much debate and not many groups, and obviously raids want them I went the reaver line to make soloing much more enjoyable and relaxed. I was actuall dissappointed in the heal proc at first I was expecting more from it. Now it's getting nerfed?

I'm not good at math so I can't go ito the number games but it seems like the heal will barely cover the constant hp cost of having the spell active. THAT CONCERNS ME! I personally feel it's fine as it is.

I find the pools of blood spell pointless unless you raid (wait SKS can raid?) But the AA that REALLY needs a boost is Siphon Hate. It take 3% of hate from all group members. I went the hate line(in both AA Trees) because SKs being the hateful knights they are seem to gain very little hate (the irony of it all) so I at first thought Siphon Hate was a blessing...the end of my ordeal... *Buzzer sound* Wrong... I have yet to even notice a difference. It just feels like it up to take up an extra concentration slot just to take the slot up. If ANY SK EoF FInal spell needs buffing I'm 100% positive the SK community will vouch that Siphon Hate is it. 10% would probably be good enough as unlike Pally amends this spell isn't just handed to us. It's earned through AA and as a End of Tree spell it really should be buffed up.

As for the Broker Changes... /agree Transportation in EoF /agree I'm loving the rst of the GU! Can't wait for it.

Drewx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:53 PM   #134
Groma

General

lame double post
Groma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 02:54 PM   #135
Groma

General

Groma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:33 PM   #136
Likias

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:
Can someone say me what exactly this mean? Achievement Reset Gains New Flexibility When you reset your Achievement Points, you will no longer be locked into spending the points in the tree you initially placed them. This means you can move the points between the Kingdom of Sky and Echoes of Faydwer trees until you find that perfect combination for your play style! i will be to spend like 70 points in KoS tree and just 30 in EoF if i want?
It means that no matter which tab you sunk your AAs (I'm a ranger so that means: ranger and predator), you will be able to readjust the points back and forth between them instead of just being able to pay to readjust your ranger tree or just being able to readjust your predator tree...you can respec your AA points back and forth between the 2 if you want.
Old 07-27-2007, 04:23 PM   #137
JohnofTesh

Loremaster

When I look at a high level raid group and see 22 of the 24 members of the raid being from either scout, caster or healer class I see it as a serious problem. I am not pleading for the fighter class, but I think it is obvious that there is a serious imbalance in abilities gamewide. Is it so hard to give each class something to bring to the party and design raid instances so that not bringing along that particular class makes it difficult/impossible to complete? I am not asking to be made uber, just useful. Raids should not be cookie cutter. We should be switching out different classes based on the instance. There are too many classes that are now basically considered throw away because of their lack of utility. I just can't believe that it would be that hard to do.
JohnofTesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 07:45 PM   #138
Taiken

Lord

Drewx wrote:
FOR goodness sake just THINK about how Castle Mistmoore and MMIS will be now?! I hate to say this but despite all the good the GUs are adding the nerfs are starting to remind me of FFXI where the mobs stayed the same and the players just got weaker...and weaker and weaker...till development had to force a MOB nerf because grey and green mobs were whipping players left and right.

lol Welcome to the monk class.. There are green ^^^'s that can own us easily. in DFC the highpriest shaman who is a gray mob, can put up a huge fight agianst a 70 monk trying to solo it.. Infact I almost died trying. I had to equip all these resists and conserve all my power and make sure I pulled him alone - as I couldn't DPS fast enough to wipe his hp out.. and I used my heal, my ward, unchecked everburning blaze... Im in legendary gear too so no saying "you have a badly equipped monk". Truth is no the monk is just a badly developed class. Drewx, lol as for the FFXI mobs having to be nerfed as greens and grays start wiping players [Removed for Content].. I hope that happens here, cuz that was funny. I swear I hope it does... Because maybe then the developers will actually listen to the consumers who actually are the ones using their product. Makes  no sense for a developer of a product not to listen to it's consumers, as they are the ones forking over the cash for it and are the same ones suffering because there's a fault or bug with the product.

I look forward to your predictions - and I shall have a bucket of popcorn and a nice cold drink as I watch LU after LU as they try to fix the problems the consumers first told them about.. lol.

Cheers.

Taiken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 03:42 AM   #139
fgbrooks

Loremaster

Likias wrote:
[email protected] wrote:
Can someone say me what exactly this mean? Achievement Reset Gains New Flexibility When you reset your Achievement Points, you will no longer be locked into spending the points in the tree you initially placed them. This means you can move the points between the Kingdom of Sky and Echoes of Faydwer trees until you find that perfect combination for your play style! i will be to spend like 70 points in KoS tree and just 30 in EoF if i want?
It means that no matter which tab you sunk your AAs (I'm a ranger so that means: ranger and predator), you will be able to readjust the points back and forth between them instead of just being able to pay to readjust your ranger tree or just being able to readjust your predator tree...you can respec your AA points back and forth between the 2 if you want.
You still have not answered the basic question:  Can we now put 70 points in our KoS tree and 30 points in our EoF tree if we so wish??
fgbrooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 04:05 AM   #140
Zabjade

Loremaster

No I think there is still a 50 limit you can just swap from one tree to the other if you are not already maxed out on both trees.
Old 07-29-2007, 03:17 AM   #141
Enochia

Tester

I am delighted with the changes and additions. They look like they will really enhance the game. WTG!!!

Enochia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2007, 12:07 AM   #142
Madmoon

Loremaster

Taiken wrote:

Why don't they just give us what we want/need instead of figuring out some NEW way to solve a problem.. We never asked for argo control..

I actually like their thought process.  If they -and we - are satisfied with the way brawlers are constructed everywhere else, then changing our avoidance (which I'm in favor of) or DPS (where I feel we should be the highest among fighters) just for end-game EoF raiding doesn't make much sense.  Giving us a utility to bring to a raid, such as agro management, gives us a tool to bring to raids along side of what we can already do.  

It's real simple devs.. Either Give us more DPS or give us better avoidance. Every post every thread ever created about this topic all stated that our DPS / Avoidance is lacking.. Why give us argo control when what the consumer really wants/needs is DPS/ Avoidance.

Like I said above, I am not sure that that is the answer.  If they increased either, how would that effect the 95% of the rest of the game where we are fine?  And if our agro control really allowed us to keep the focus of the monster's rage where it needs to be, we would be more welcome, this would allow us to contribute more.  My worry is that we won't be able to sufficiently channel agro, and then all the ire of the brawlers and the scouts will still be there.

That is what a raid is looking for, they are looking for a DPSER... Or they are looking for an incredibale MA.. and our avoidance could really help us out here.

I don't want to be a scout.  I don't want to be just DPS.  I prefer that they give us a role, or fix our avoidance to the point where we can soak hits like any other fighter.  But giving us a role would be infinitely better.  The rosters of most raids are all DPS and healers, and one or two fighters.  They need to change the dynamic where other utilites bring all fighters into the mix, and not just one or two.  Ideally, they should have every class be a viable optionin a raid, just as in any single group dungeon you approach things differently if you have one healer or two, if you have a mezzer or not, etc.

Old 07-31-2007, 12:10 AM   #143
Madmoon

Loremaster

fgbrooks wrote:
You still have not answered the basic question:  Can we now put 70 points in our KoS tree and 30 points in our EoF tree if we so wish??
No.  50 points in either tree is still the cap.  If you put 40 in Kos, and 20 in Eof, and you respec, you will have 60  points to distribute between the two trees, to a maximum of 50 in either tree.  You won't be able to get 4 end-line abilities in KoS with 100 points in KoS.  Not should you be able to.  And if you could, they'd nerf it in   a week.
Old 07-31-2007, 12:18 AM   #144
Lortet

Loremaster

• Quest Rewards that have not yet been accepted (and have no item selection to choose) will be automatically accepted upon zoning or logging in.
  • Yuck - all of my characters have grey con quests completed and not handed in - waiting to mentor to qualify for aaxp. Going to impress thelevel locked characters sitting just below their next level as well - lots of unwanted level ups lol
    Lortet is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2007, 03:35 AM   #145
    Risingmyst
    Server: The Bazaar
    Guild: Call Of The Wild

Loremaster

Okay I am sure that someone mentioned it but when exactly is the update supposed to be implemented? I just wanna know so I can be on that day and try out the new stuff hehe... So if anyone can either tell me when GU37 is going live or point me to the right forum for that I would be greatly appreciated.
    Risingmyst is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2007, 06:44 AM   #146
    Lariu

General

Ok, I skimmed, but why don't I see anything about smart loot?

Please tell me this is not being put back to GU38.

Lariu is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2007, 10:26 AM   #147
    Nitrous999

Loremaster

Aye was thinking the same thing cant see anything about it in there which tbh was the only thing i was looking forward to in this LU
    Old 07-31-2007, 10:40 AM   #148
    Ryik

Loremaster

I like alot of what I read but when is this hitting the live servers? I thought it would have been there by now based on when the last 4 updates were set live. Any idea when we can expect this?
    Ryik is offline   Reply With Quote
    Old 07-31-2007, 10:51 AM   #149
    Troubor

Loremaster

Location: My Felwithe Mansion (and a couple other smaller homes), currently.

ParmaSniper wrote:
    I like alot of what I read but when is this hitting the live servers? I thought it would have been there by now based on when the last 4 updates were set live. Any idea when we can expect this?

Haven't checked in game yet to see if it is patching now or if there is a pull down in 10 minutes or so (It's almost 7AM Pacific now), but an article from July 27th on eq2players.com had the date set as July 31st...today. 

To quote in part:

"Game Update 37 is headed to the live servers on July 31st, right before Fan Faire..."

It's 4 or 5 articles down the list currently, the article title is "Game Update 37 Sneak Peak".

Old 07-31-2007, 11:05 AM   #150
    Ryik

Loremaster

Thanks Troubor! I was looking all over, don't know how I missed that.
    Ryik is offline   Reply With Quote