EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > Developer Roundtable
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-27-2005, 11:48 AM   #301
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

I love these forums ... you express an opinion and look what you get ....

1 starred ...

and why?

I didn't complain about the tradeskills ...

and all who did get [Removed for Content] 5 stars ...

Look I think those artisians are having it rough, but my opinion was legitimate so please ... get your head out of your nether regions and look at the big picture.

Ahem .. anyway, I am going ot check out the exp boost for soloing as my Cleric.  You guys may not give a flying foot about them but I sure do.
Old 01-27-2005, 11:49 AM   #302
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Zeb wrote:

Zeb wrote:

Zeb wrote:

Markusdark wrote:
Nice message.  Guess time will tell if the goods are delivered - as he said in the letter "That's an easy enough thing to say, and talk is cheap. (Typing promises on a web page on the internet is, arguably, cheaper.)"

I, for one, won't be waiting around.  Had enough of "here comes the changes" and then waiting.  Maybe they will be a bit faster this time, who knows.

Oh, and BTW:

"Since launch, we've added dozens of new quests and hundreds of new NPCs all over the world, aimed at providing soloists and small groups with more interesting things out there to do."

I have never seen anything "more interesting" for the soloist (aside from such manditory quests to advance as Citizenship) than, "Get my broom, here's a rock."

Message Edited by Markusdark on 01-25-2005 02:18 PM

You are absolutely right, but I'm willing to give them 3 strikes before they are out.   Hopefully, this patch will be a hit instead of Strike 2.

I have to say that playing EQ2 today after the patch was actually a joy.  I felt like I was making progress and it was the most fun I've had with the game in 2 or 3 weeks.   This was definitely a step in the right direction and I hope the next few patches will be even more positive for the players.

You one-starred me for actually praising the game for once?   F*gs

Heh, you to?  Wow must be a trend ... *sigh*

Message Edited by SisterTheresa on 01-26-2005 10:50 PM

Old 01-27-2005, 11:54 AM   #303
A'Vall

Remember SWG´s SOLO GROUPS. That ended any kind of Grouping for XP in SWG.

instead of SOE... Years ago.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A'Vall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:01 PM   #304
Buneary

Loremaster

Message Edited by Mely on 03-16-2005 11:11 PM

Buneary is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:02 PM   #305
Lilhum

Loremaster

Maeldir wrote:
To the crafters,

I'm a little tired of seeing all the crafters yelling about no market. What is it you want ? Total monopoly so that everyone HAS to buy crafted stuff or get crappy drops ? Sorry this is not the kind of game I would be interested in. I can understand you want to sell stuff, I can understand that some drops are way superior.. but thats mostly a balancing problem.

Right now, my 43 Dirge on Highkeep has a few armor slots that are grey or green. There is simply no drop or no quests to fill them. There is also not many crafter on that server so I'm stuck. If I ever find a piece of armor.. it can take weeks. As my 20 Dirge on Najena, the crafter economy is more alive. I see most level 40+ wearing a few pieces of crafted armors. Pieces I would love to have on Highkeep.

I think crafters just want it all. I totally dont want a market where crafters make 100% the elite gear and the drops are inferior. The way it should be.. Drop items first, Pristine armors been sligthly superior, rare drops better, rare crafted items better, than finally the ultra-rare drop.

I think every scouts will agree with me.. finding a shoulder or bracer upgrade pass level 35 is a pain.

Where I think crafters are right is for weapons. Right now pass a certain level there is no way you need to buy a crafted weapons. First reason, crafted weapons are not magic. Some mobs are immuned to non-magic weapons and with crafted weapons you're screwed (PLZ add a MAGIC label to the weapons so we know which are and which arent). With SSoY, SBD, Ghoulbane, BBC, etc (those are all heritage weapons with insane stats and procs) why would I buy a plain non-magic weapon when I can quest some of those ?

Remember tho, the game is still young. Remember too that SOE said crafters would be able to craft legendary items with drops from raid mobs.. we havent seen that just yet. Imagine what a level 50 weaponsmith could craft with a Nagafen rare drop ? So dont give up just yet.

I remember Gallenite from Beta.. he was BY FAR.. the coolest and the best Dev on the forum. He was always always there to answer us, always joking.. (Pie anyone ?), and always listening to the player base. With him running EQ2 this can only lead to good things.

I do thing fixing bugs is the first priority. It should always be. But to those that say.. fix bugs add content later.. well you are not running a game. If your players get bored in a perfectly bug-free game.. think they will stay ? You should strike for a middle ground. Fix stuff on one side.. and add on another.. Good thing for EQ2, they have 2 teams for that.

If I can ask a change here... please no more generic gear! By that I mean.. EVERY writs items with the same stats (just difference on the amount.. one with +4INT, other one with +2INT). Stats shouldnt be tied to a slot.. it makes for poor design. Casters with a pretty good Robe.. with STR and AGI ? AGI can be usefull to dodge a hit or two.. but they are not supposed to get hit.. give them INT. I miss items with classes on them... I just hope all the gear we see right now are the equivalent of bronze armors in EQ1 (Bronze armors been the no stats, AC only armors droped by mobs when EQ1 was live), and that cooler armors will come has the game progress.

As a conclusion.. I'm with EQ2 all the way. I think this game will be here for years and I just cant wait to see how great it will be in a year or two.

First of all,Play a crafter first before you bleed about what you appearently have no clue about.

Secondly,I know crafting was mentioned(or not mentioned) in the letter: BUT

I am totally supprised by the fact no one mentions the tedious monotony and redundency of crafting items.(I stopped looking at the crafters forums because they are never addressed.) Farm , buy , beg , borrow , and/or steal items to "maybe" make trivial items that are way under your level.Then wash, rinse, repeat, for interim. Of course if by this time you are lucky enough to even get a pristine item in the final combine It seems like 1:10,000(exagerrated)

This is totally rediculous. For all this you get a mediocre item that simply just isnt worth the time/money invested. Factor in rares and its all off the scales. Crafting first needs to be streamlined then refined.

I started out as a pure crafter. I quickly realized there wasnt going to be a viable market for crafters. So i decide to go adventuring / questing. Enter solo EXP nerf and manditory grouping for EXP/AQs etc. Now i have nothing to look forward to in the game and havent even logged in for several weeks. Its just not fun. Its dull and flat and well, monotonous.

I will be watching in the comming weeks to see how the changes work out. However, IMO i think its a little too late for alot of us who have posted time and again. FIX WHAT IS BROKEN FIRST. Crafting is a major part of this game. It fits in to nearly all aspects of it. Questing, Adventuring, etc. Its been broken long enough. Throwing us a bone by increasing solo/small group exp is just a bandaid for the gashing wound that you created yourselves.

Mean while i will be enjoying myself playing "The other Game"

Lilhum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:24 PM   #306
kryster

Loremaster

EQ II Producer's Letter

New Beginnings: A Time of Change 
It's a great time for EverQuest II. The game is continuing to grow at an amazing pace as we strive to always provide a stable, reliable, and fun-filled gameplay experience for the hundreds of thousands of EverQuest II players.
(how many are happy with it ? , server shut down everyday, and I can't sell , cause not at home ..)
fun-filled gameplay experience  ? , I hate when I arrive some place, feel very interesting to get in, but I need do a boring long annoying access quest . and I feel [Removed for Content] it. also no more twink and power lv ..

For starters, let me introduce myself. I'm Scott Hartsman, the Senior Producer for EverQuest II.
(are u the [Removed for Content] who decide online selling only ?)

One of the new beginnings for this year is that our own John Blakely has moved on to being the Director of Development for our San Diego studio, where he still gets to watch over his baby
(just come over play game , else u don't know what players thinking and want . so, u can't be a professional , or u are professional babysitter, hahaha )

and also make sure we're able to concentrate on the part we love the most -- making a great game.
(yeah, it great, running around, and zoning like 10 times to buy few item, it sold before I arrive, or is the trader offline or gone somewhere or he don't know his inn didn't pay upkeep that I can't access , who is the [Removed for Content] design it? , if pay unkeep, let's us can choose how long we want to pay and now, u need wait it expire first, then pay upkeep, I wait few hr for it cause it at 10pm ,2 more hr it expire, then I have to wait to sell overnight &nbspSMILEY

I think I speak for everyone here when I say that we're glad he's still a part of EverQuest II. I hope to be able to live up to the incredibly high standards he's set for what a producer of a game is supposed to be.
(incredibly high standards ?, I don't really understand what u mean, u mean your own standard or we players ? )

With this team, and this game, at this time, I definitely feel like I'm the most fortunate guy around. From all of us -- thank you. SMILEY
(not too early , if u use us to do experiment for patch again, I will leave for sure , and like those [Removed for Content] patch , add the shield skill for bruiser , and the next day remove it . )

All right, enough waxing sentimental. Let's get back to the game.
(zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz , ohoh, finally .)

In this first installment, I'll be talking about some radical changes in store for those who primarily solo and play in small groups, how your feedback is important to us, some of what we've already done to the game since launch, a few of the other changes in store for the game, and answer a couple questions regarding our live game updates and how they relate to our new Adventure Packs. 
(which mean, asking us for money again ? )

Daily Community Reports. Every day, the community team for both the US and International servers gathers up the hottest issues from all of the forums. It's not uncommon for the biggest issues to result in special broadcast emails to the entire team to ensure that the hot issues are addressed as quickly as we can.
(I hope u can mark the tread to let's everyone know this tread is addressed , so, we know u guys working on it or not .)

Daily Customer Service reports and weekly live meetings. Every day, in-game petitions are tallied up. The most common problems and the newest problems are sent over to the development team. Every week, the issues that remain unresolved are gone over in our weekly live meetings. Your interactions with GMs via petitions do make their way back to us, even if there may not be an instant solution to a specific problem.
(I guess we all want to see the status , and see what and how u guys working on it .) and other thing, GM is lame in game always, if not believe, make a poll in game, when everyone log in, pop a windows and ask is GM and support is LAME , Yes , No . I wait 17 hrs with out afk to get a gm answer me , I was doing TS ding at that time . and the final is , he ask me send email to eq2.soe.sony.com something like that, but also, that is no reply .

In-game /bug and /feedback reports. These continue to be invaluable. We have an entire QA staff dedicated to evaluating these and ensuring that your reports are verified, entered into our project tracking system, and arrive for us to follow up on.
( will it be publish ? , so, we can see u guys working on it or just bull[FaarNerfed!]ing .)

Playing and Participating. Finally… we play our own game and we participate in the forums. There's no substitute for first-hand knowledge and talking with others who play to ensure that the game remains fun.
(hope u guys can understand how we feel .............. but not self-absorbed , maybe I am too, everyone is , but I pay u , u collect and examine everyone thinking)

Big Groups, Small Groups, and the Group of One. ---- NO different for me, I tired , I just run to try it ,  solo or group of 2-3 or full group, it same xp , 1-2% per kill . cause more ppl, go kill something harder, but the xp share more , so ? , kill something same altho is faster, less down time , but xp is not much .  it really depends ur group , what and how do u hunt .
group of 5 necro+1 enc more xp or group of 6 cleric more xp ? overall ..

oh btw , today someone ask a question so funny, he ask, did they increase the xp for crafter ?, and someone ask, group of 3 crafter ?, and someone say, u can solo it ... hahaha
kryster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:31 PM   #307
Brandel

Does the new wilder EQ test lands mean pvp lands? Oh please be it. Oh please.
I would so love it. My husband refuses to play anymore without it. PVP Please!

More rare drops is good. There is a definite need. I have money but nothing to buy anymore.
Only thing I can do is save for that one Adept III Fireball scroll on the market .

More mobs in Antonica is great. I miss hunting there. It's so nice and green.

Great work and good luck.
Brandel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:38 PM   #308
Durig

BRAVO, WOOT!

Only a few points, even though I STILL seriously doubt Sony/Verant staff really read the replies to these global announcements.  My main complaints are.

1. Solo, small group sucks. Has since Beta and continues to...
2. This is my cheif complaint.  It seems that all the classes are (dare I say) TOO balanced in that they seem to be bland and tasteless, I am the type of person that played nearly every class in eq1 and apart from the wizard, and warrior classes (up untill very recently) I felt that most of the classes were a blast to play, they all had a style to them.  My personal opinion is that the only thing that REALLY seperated most classes in EQII is the pretty spell effects and models.  IMHO it should be easier to level a warrior to level 40, and then become difficult, it should be difficult to get a cleric to 30 and then have it medium difficulty to get to 50, and wizards should be impossible (nearly) to get to 40 but then be billy bob badasses.  IT just seems in order to cater to people who arn't really sure what they want to be, and people who like to [FaarNerfed!] as much as play, EQII has steered away from what I felt was one of the most promising era's in the CRPG history.  In short for class differentiation, I would say EQII is far short of the legacy namesake.

3. The item creation is cool, like tradeskills but hard to get money from making my items and selling them, no real reward, and the items I have created thus far seem weak and very difficult to make and expensive, while I blow my money on it anyway, it could use some serious thought.

4. It would be nice to see some spells that are capable of being on people not in your group that would be advantages, it doesn't have to be huge but a little something for nice minded individuals to bestow blessings on people.  Currently you can give money and thats about it... If someone does something small for me I would like to provide a buff for them... And I would like the ability to help friends and family that started later then I did to a level we can group, Again it doesn't have to be on the same level as eq1 but something so I don't have to sit on my but and watch...

All that being said, I would STILL rather play this then that [Removed for Content] cartoonish Wow, I never liked the warcraft rendition of Fantasy ANYWAY... Tho I did like the RTS games. 

And BRAVO, you have made the prettiest game on the market in IMHO, and hell if EQII doesn't pan out you still get dollars from me for EQ1...

Durig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:53 PM   #309
Raste

The say there are dozens of new quests, but there's no way to find out what they are, at least not that I know of. There ought to be bartenders, or public officials, someone in the game who can tell you where to find these new quests. It wouldn't be that hard to do.

They might also fix some of the older ones: you can get quests that, when you fulfill them, you can't do anyting with. The sergeant at Gnollslayer Keep gives you a quest, but if you get to level 20 or so before you finish it, then he won't talk to you so you can clear it. He just salutes. Same with the lieutenant at the Castle who gives the civic service quest: you get it, but you can't finish it, so there it sits in your list. Eventually I suppose I'll delete it, but it seems odd.

Bu tmostly, if there are these new quests, there ought to be some character, a bartender, a public official, someone, who will tell you how to find them.

Raste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 12:58 PM   #310
Raste

The crafting system couple with limited carrying capacity makes things very hard.

Creation of "lockers" in the crafting rooms would help: places to store intermediate ingredients, stuff you have harvested, etc., with all of it available as you try to craft, and with a place to put the crafted items. I lover with maybe 50 slots would be easy enough to create, and what's in it is avallable only if you are in that crafting place. Then you can make things, store the results, go on making things, and not spend half your crafting time running back and forth.

The crafting system isn't much fun, and running out of space all the time makes it even less so.

Raste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 01:05 PM   #311
Turb

General

How can you say"When you're playing a game along with a few hundred thousand other people and you have something to say or a problem to report, it's really frustrating to think that you're not being heard. We've all been there. It's our responsibility to make sure we don't give you that impression. The EverQuest II team absolutely cares and listens to what you think and what you have to say"and then [FaarNerfed!] so many players over on the Splitpaw move?Disgusting. Still hundreds (or more) of players who didn't get transferred.As usual, European players screwed again.
Old 01-27-2005, 01:18 PM   #312
Glys

General

Or please give us the chance to switch the language to original english (Without starting new on a english-speaking Server).
I havn't seen such a bad translation on other Games before, and this 'Denglish' (mixture from German and English, looks like a performance from Gayle Tuft) takes a lot of fun and brings much frustration for us German players.

If you don't want that a flood of bad-english-speakers like me overcome the english servers SMILEY  please have an eye (or two) on the translations.

Message Edited by Glyssa on 01-27-2005 12:26 AM

Glys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:35 PM   #313
Mithru

General

jvd wrote:
This is just all marketing bull .
They say they want soloers to feel like they aren't getting table scraps . But we still are .
They are just moving down the loot lvls . Instead of us getting the old junk , we will now get the junk from group chests . But the groups will get an increase chance of master drops .
Its just a wash.
mabye now at least i can solo at 1/3rd the rate of exp as i could group but that is still table scraps

You want soloers to get master drops? You want soloers to have the same chance at items as groups of six? I guess you want that part time job of yours to pay you a full time salary too.
India, that hangs like a wet washcloth from the towel rack of Asia, presented itself to Tex as he landed in Delhi (or was it Bombay?), as if it mattered because Tex finally had an idea to make his mark and fortune and that idea was a chain of steak houses to serve the millions and he wondered, as he deplaned down the steep, shiny, steel steps, why no one had thought of it before.
Mithru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:36 PM   #314
Furinax_G

too lazy to comment on every aspect of what is essentially ONLY- patting oneself on the back for being that great, really- marketing hype AGAIN while vital aspects of game are totally broken and whatever is left that could be called customer support is [censored]so let me just comment on thing, as example:"more xp for solo play"is it any coincidence you up the solo xp now, where your TOTALLY BORKED server movehas left THAT MANY individuals solo behind on the server, while their guild left ?...not to mention how many guild LEADERS are among them, as you crappy programming seems to have hit them especially often ?do you really think more solo xp will make up for loss of ALL friends and guildthey themselve founded ?and apart from that is is again just a sign that the crap-talkers a.k.a. marketingdrones making these statements have absolutely no clue about a game they don't playwhat use is it to me to be able to gain more xp solo if in that totally solo-playhostile environment there's next to nothing that i CAN kill solo to get xp, let aloneadvance any quest, in the first place ?there are THAT high percentage of quests where the foes are grouped in that largegroups it is totally out of the question attacking them while they're still greenthere are - even worse! - types where *every single individuum* wears that [censored]"++" or "^^" tag, that is only there to totally [Removed for Content] of solo players, as many classesabove a certain level seem even with good gear unable to kill those green^^ withmore than a 50:50 chancei'm 28 now, only two parts of my equipment are "blue" (hand/feet armor from AQ), allelse is yellow/orange, nothing without boni (i.e. all crafted or quested, no crap fromcity merchants) and there are even GREY++ ones that can kill me without any chanceso essentially that "++" tag just means "we needed a chance to totally f#ck up the con-color system on purpose"so -- as long as there is next to nothing left you CAN kill solo that DOES enhance anyof those quests that fill up my journal completely you can shove your "enhanced solo xp"into that orifice of yours that never sees the sun's lightFIX WHAT's BROKEN FIRST -- the list of what's broken is too long to fit into a single postingBEFORE you subject us to senseless MARKETING HYPE

Message Edited by Furinax_GdL on 01-27-2005 01:38 AM

Furinax_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 02:53 PM   #315
BlueGno

actually talk is NOT cheap,since your paying a monthly fee waiting for these 'improvements'.a few things he did NOT mention the horrible and constant lagmand the cost to play the game if you buy all the bells and whistles comes out to about buying a new game a month.but that just sony way of squeezing every penny it can from its customers.
BlueGno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 03:21 PM   #316
racelen

Loremaster

something i think would help allought of us out in game play  its a big hassle to travel to the menders in ant or in commondlands i would sujest menders in each big area exsample one in zek EL everfrost lava storm,, others wise you guys are doing a great job i love eq2 was in eq1 for 3 years so totally over 3 years with soe,, keep up the good work all,,, frestin allways everfrost server the raenor
racelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 05:09 PM   #317
Buw

As for me the entire letter is a smoke screen.... these are baby changes and tweeks that are not really that important.

Let me be plain so game designers might understand me this time... the first and most important change I want made is to be able to sell when I am off line. Having to be online to sell is a waste of my computer time.
Buw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 06:13 PM   #318
Zooce

Loremaster

Hi Scott,

Thanks for the opportunity to respond.

I'm very excited about the future of EQ2, it's a fantastic game already and set to improve.

There is a very urgent problem that needs addressing ASAP though, the recent server moves from Runnyeye to Splitpaw have split up friends, familiy and guilds as:

1. There are many who issued the /movelog add command at all appropriate times and have not moved.
2. There are those that were away when requested to issue the command and couldn't issue (there was very little warning the command was required).

Can you please let us have another opportunity to move from Runnyeye to Splitpaw to re-unite friends, family and guilds.

Thank you for a great game,

Zooce
Old 01-27-2005, 06:25 PM   #319
Perilous Wi

It's been a discouraging, bumpy first few months, but I like the prescribed direction TPTB are going with the game.   Especially pleased that player-collected data pertaining to game mechanics is being utilized and not ignored.   I feel a bit more encouraged by the future EQ2 prospects.  Here's to the entire EQ2 production team having as little difficulty executing this gameplan as possible so we may see the timely release of each new patch as possible.

p.s. I bounced in my seat 2 1/2 times and had a delighted grin on my face as I read the letter.   The correspondence was greatly appreciated by so many of us.  We look forward to more of such communication from you.

Old 01-27-2005, 06:28 PM   #320
DCpunk

Loremaster

Congratulations.  Solo EXP is EXACTLY like what it was before the patch.

Vote here:
http://www.theriley.com/eq2.php

*this account expires May 12th
DCpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 06:30 PM   #321
CatmanPalad

Thanks for the hard work and keeping players like myself in mind with the scope of the game.Only change i would like to see, is more instanced quests, for solo up to group of 6.I played city of heroes before eq2 was released, and i loved the missions/quests in the game, because the instanced zone spawned mobs scaled to the party size that entered. i would love to see this in eq2 also, it was perfect for when i had time to solo a quick mission/quest or had the time to gather my friends and take in a group of 4-5.Again, thank you for your efforts and hard work.-Ringo
Old 01-27-2005, 06:32 PM   #322
Amma

I love the propsed changes! But a question for anyone to answear, when will the xp gain for solo and small parties be introdouced to the servers?

Amma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 06:56 PM   #323
Xanoth

Loremaster

CatmanPaladin wrote:

Only change i would like to see, is more instanced quests, for solo up to group of 6.

I played city of heroes before eq2 was released, and i loved the missions/quests in the game, because the instanced zone spawned mobs scaled to the party size that entered. i would love to see this in eq2 also, it was perfect for when i had time to solo a quick mission/quest or had the time to gather my friends and take in a group of 4-5.

I'd definatly love to see this, since i first started EQ2, my biggest problem was that i felt kinda conned regarding game instances, as from one of the demo movies it kinda had instances as a big selling point, and i thought i'd seen an end to the boss camping and such that you get in SWG and similar games, still bugs me now.

more instances and better instances would be greatly welcomed, i'd love to be able to have my own private antonica, just for me and my group, not having to worry about having to sit about for an hour waiting for a spawn thats actualy broken.

/swoon

EQ2 Raid Loot Database
Xanoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:03 PM   #324
protor

General

propoganda and nothign else....just like how the "big patch" was suppossed to all make us happy
protor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 07:20 PM   #325
Articulas

Zombie Aardvark

this morning i went out to Commonlands with my lvl 19 Ogre warrior, he was at 55% exp. in an hour and a half i had him dinged. how much more do you want? that was uncommonly fast. seems to be working fine for me any faster and we are talking about to much lvling to soon.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:41 PM   #326
SentaSoph

What i want? I want to have the classes more like the classes they should be. Cleric, Shaman and Druid = Priest. Classes Past lvl3 are more or less allways the same you can Play a druid but your aren't a druid you are a Priest. Same goes for Mage, Warriors and Scouts. When i choosed to play a Fury i though i'm not a cleric but usualy i'm a cleric. There is nothing realy which makes the classes different. Sure it's easy to build groups with this system but now when they make it more rewarding to solo then they could also change the class system more to what they should be.

If i start playing a different class i want to see the difference, currently i don't see a difference it's meaningless when it comes to a combat. Toe to Toe and that never changes. I want more tactic even SWG had more options like EQ2 has and i won't start to compare it with EQ or AC2 where you realy had different playstyles for each class.
Old 01-27-2005, 07:56 PM   #327
Wrat

DCpunk wrote:

Yep same here. Went to Nek forest...killed solo's of 30 bears (blue to yellow), 30 cadavers (Blue to white), about 5 snakes (blue), then carefully made my way to the beach and killed a few crabs (blue), 100 mobs at count, half of them being Yellow or White and advanced from 75% to 92% (17% gain).

100 mobs divided by 17% = .17% per mob

Another thing I noticed...sometimes while killing them a blue mob would give me what looked like 1.2% (ie go from 75% to 76.2%) but then I would kill 4 more blue (maybe even a yellow or white in the mix) and it would only give at most .15% (or from 75% to 75.15%) per mob, esentially not even raising it one tenth of 1%.

During this whole time I had maybe 12 non-chest drops, and only 1 chest drop.

My questions

1. Why does a yellow Solo give sometimes less than a blue Solo of the same type of mob? (Yes it Con'd as harder mob as well)
  2. If they are color coded to show how hard they are compared to your level...then shouldn't the reward (exp etc.) reflect the effort it took take the mob down?
  3. So is this really better exp. than what we were getting before?

Old 01-27-2005, 07:57 PM   #328
protor

General

vitality
protor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2005, 08:02 PM   #329
Araxes

Loremaster

I don't think the problem is a matter of how much or how little exp is gained.  A grind is a grind even if you're gaining a lot of exp for a kill.  It's still boring to spend an hour doing it.  The real issue is that the questing system is not intuitive.  You can take a quest that cons green in the Thundering Steppes or Nektulos Forest -- but you can't complete it because the creatures you need to hunt con double-up green or come in pairs of one-up blue.  You still need a group to complete even these green quests - which often are not worth the time they require in investment; grouping, and then actually hunting, and then completing.  Yet - there is no way to readily distinguish which quests can be done alone and which quests are meant to be done in a group.  You also cannot complete most white, yellow, and orange quests for much the same reason.  Even though the reward may be better, it is often impossible to find a group that is willing and able to spend the time helping YOU with your quest in the limited amount of time YOU have -- and then expecting (rightfully so) that you will put in the same amount of time to help them with theirs (which I love doing but often just don't HAVE the time).  So the underscore the point: the problem is not in how much or how little exp is gained, but in the way in which the quest system, quest journal, and grouping system are very unintuitively presented to the player. 

Three things need to happen:

1.) the quest journal --

This needs to be divided up so that quests can be viewed as:
those taken but not started;
those taken and in-progress;
those taken and all objectives completed but not "completed" by the player having returned to its original giver.

2.)  Also, along with a quest conning any given color to indicate difficulty, *there should also be a [group] or [solo] indicator next to the quest con, just as there is in a mob con, to indicate whether this is a quest that can be completed alone or one which should be taken on with a group.  Why?  Yes, you could take the time and find out for yourself - but this is precisely the point - TIME is a luxury many do not have - thus the need to solo in the first place; it's more intuitive that such players have the option to scan through their quest log and plan accordingly rather than waste an hour of precious play time running across three or four large zones to find out where or whether they can complete an objective - only to die two or three times searching that objective out or to spend another 25 minutes LFG -- or worse, both, as often happens to myself and my friends.

3.)  Finally - Sony I applaud you for your efforts at presenting neat articles online to push players in the direction of new quest and raid encounters; but there really does need to be some sort of town crier or central spot -- several of them preferably -- for players to be made aware of new quest encounter locations.  This could be randomized or structured - the logistics I'd leave up to more knowledgeable people SMILEY - but it does need to be implemented.

Other than those things -

THANK YOU!  For a great game that I enjoy a lot.
Old 01-27-2005, 08:25 PM   #330
DCpunk

Loremaster

Wrathe wrote:

DCpunk wrote:

Yep same here. Went to Nek forest...killed solo's of 30 bears (blue to yellow), 30 cadavers (Blue to white), about 5 snakes (blue), then carefully made my way to the beach and killed a few crabs (blue), 100 mobs at count, half of them being Yellow or White and advanced from 75% to 92% (17% gain).

100 mobs divided by 17% = .17% per mob

Another thing I noticed...sometimes while killing them a blue mob would give me what looked like 1.2% (ie go from 75% to 76.2%) but then I would kill 4 more blue (maybe even a yellow or white in the mix) and it would only give at most .15% (or from 75% to 75.15%) per mob, esentially not even raising it one tenth of 1%.

During this whole time I had maybe 12 non-chest drops, and only 1 chest drop.

My questions

1. Why does a yellow Solo give sometimes less than a blue Solo of the same type of mob? (Yes it Con'd as harder mob as well)
  2. If they are color coded to show how hard they are compared to your level...then shouldn't the reward (exp etc.) reflect the effort it took take the mob down?
  3. So is this really better exp. than what we were getting before?

Granted I was only killing green cons, but before the patch they were giving .01% exp.  (yes, that's one one hundreth of a percent, meaning you must kill 100 of them to get one percent exp.).  Yesterday after the patch, I still got .01% from them.

Vote here:
http://www.theriley.com/eq2.php

*this account expires May 12th
DCpunk is offline   Reply With Quote