EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Mage's Arcanum > Wizard
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 12-23-2004, 04:06 AM   #31
Gonz

So INT doesn't increase damage nor reduce the chances of your spells to be resisted?
Gonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 05:22 AM   #32
Bishop

Loremaster

Horkathane wrote:
My expirement on INT has concluded.

Test Removed all INT modifers (40 points worth)
Cast 300 spells

Add all INT modifers
Cast 300 spells

Results.

INT reduces Fizzles

No way that +int only reduces your fizzle rate.

If I remove an item with +10 power and +5 int, I loose more that 10 points in my power pool.

So +int also helps your power pool and one could say that by adding 25 power points, you get a nuke off that normally you might not have (because you were out of power) thereby increasing your damage as well...

Old 12-23-2004, 08:47 AM   #33
i.lege

Quote from the manual:

Intelligence represents your character’s powers of reasoning

and overall intellect. It can influence magic use, affecting

magical damage. For Mage adventure archetypes and the

Bard profession, it also affects Power.

Looks to me like it adds power to your power pool, AND effects damage. I do think we should petition them to make INT effect damage more, because I have personally sacrificed ALOT of AC and other stats just to have the highest INT from my gear possible, chose all my traits to boost my INT as opposed to other alternatives etc, and would hate to know its a waste, especially when its not supposed to be.

So lets get a petition to raise the effects INT has on dmg started!

i.lege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 08:30 PM   #34
Junaru

Loremaster

i.legend wrote:
Quote from the manual:

Intelligence represents your character’s powers of reasoning

and overall intellect. It can influence magic use, affecting

magical damage. For Mage adventure archetypes and the

Bard profession, it also affects Power.

Looks to me like it adds power to your power pool, AND effects damage. I do think we should petition them to make INT effect damage more, because I have personally sacrificed ALOT of AC and other stats just to have the highest INT from my gear possible, chose all my traits to boost my INT as opposed to other alternatives etc, and would hate to know its a waste, especially when its not supposed to be.

So lets get a petition to raise the effects INT has on dmg started!

I agree.. It is clear tha Int is not effecting us the way SOE had intended..
Old 12-23-2004, 10:48 PM   #35
DukeRustfie

The least important pool on a mage caster is health.  Hell, we trade it for power when we can.  As stated elsewhere, we live and die by power.  If INT does NOTHING more than raise power pool, it is fracktastically the most important attribute.  Because when your power is gone you're a non-able-to-flee really horrible tank.

Also as stated above, the natural variance with spell dmg is far more than you're going to see with whatever INT bonuses you may or may not have.  Maybe at the highest levels when you can try adding like 100 INT or nothing, then you might know, but I've seen spells vary by over 25%.

I will say that a "tank" class does much better than a mage class as a tank.  A Ratonga can't dodge spell dmg and the extra one or two swings an Erudite could make with his increased power isn't worth the increased dmg on every swing and hit points of a Troll.  But at higher lvls, a Troll mage is going to have such an insignificant number of hit points more than an Erudite it won't matter.  It might not even be one attack from a mob since we die so fast anyway.  But if the INT caster has 2 more spells, that's huge.
DukeRustfie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2004, 10:58 PM   #36
Stavenh

Don't take everything in the manual as fact. In one offical manual, it says we get Eye of Zomm, EQ1 wizard spell. No, we don't.All manuals tend to have a disclaimer on them as well, incase there is wrong info.
Stavenh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2004, 07:54 PM   #37
Nathoriney

Loremaster

Only effect i've noticed from INT is an very large increase in my power pool, which in itself is enough incentive to get it as high as possible. If it indeed affects fizzles, resists and or damage that will be just another huge + in my book.

Eleenee, Nature's Warden.

Krass, Conjurer of the beasts.
Nathoriney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2004, 04:23 AM   #38
Rize

General

High Int = faster mana regen
Rize is offline   Reply With Quote