EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Class Discussion > Fighter's Arena > Monk
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 09-09-2006, 09:29 PM   #1
uapr

It is my understanding that Str. is our primary stat. However I notice as i am lvling that it does not seem to scale as much as the int stat of my alt wiz. Now i have not been paying a whole lot of attention to each bump as I lvl, and long story short I am now focusing on the monk to  get to 70 but at 51 he has a mere 231 str. Im I missing some information here? Our our stats more spread out to include wis or more?And some questionsStat cap. i have read on other posts that the cap formula is 7 x + 20. Is this the same for monks?I have read posts about dps on these boards from a player who was pursuing int stated equipment to up his dps. Is this true, tha int affects our dps?Has anyone confirmed the nerf to the multi-hit proc from the AP strength line. I do not have a parser so i cannot tell. Thanks
uapr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 09:09 PM   #2
silvername

Loremaster

From what I know of the monk str is not big thing at all. I have never wored about strength, just avodiance and dexterity. and few others but I dont think str is important to monk at all. we not warriors, we speed fighting avodin the attacks made on us skilled monks.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:00 PM   #3
Kainsei

Loremaster

Str give us more power and increase the damage of our CAs. If you keep up your self buffs like Focal Serenity (str+wis) atleast adept 3, you won't have to worry about str. There is a lot of others classes who can buff your strength, as long as you don't buy any kind of druid gear, you'll be fine :smileywink:.

Lovely Cirth
Kainsei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 01:04 AM   #4
Morrolan V

Loremaster

We are fighters.  Strength is our primary stat.  It determines our power pool and the amount of damage we do.  It is our most important stat.

Stamina is our next most important stat, as it determines our health.

Agility is third because it increases our avoidance.  It does it VERY slowly, hower.  At 70, 23 points of AGI = about .2% avoidance.

Wisdom is fourth.  It increases our resistances to all non-physical damage.

Intelligence is completely irrelevant to monks (AKAIK).  Intelligence increases damage done by spells - we have no damage spells, only CAs.

So, for stats, STR>STA>AGI>WIS>INT.

The stat cap is 7 x level + starting stat value (whatever the stat was on your character at level 1).

The nerf to the multi-proc is real.
Morrolan V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
Kronadin

Loremaster

Int increases the damage done by procs. If all your other stats are already capped, you can build on int to squeeze a bit more DPS out of your procs. That's all there is to the int stat.
Old 09-13-2006, 02:17 AM   #6
uapr

Thanks All for the feedback, appreicate the info
uapr is offline   Reply With Quote