EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Zone Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
Chrol

Developer

Hello everyone!

Please post any feedback and/or bugs regarding your fiery torment within Solusek Ro's Tower: Monolith of Fire [Solo]. The wrath of The Burning Prince awaits!

Thanks,

-Chrol
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 07:54 PM   #2
Bardonio

So'Valiz........
Old 10-27-2017, 11:10 PM   #3
Pioneer

Before 1st try at So'Valiz was buff... something about Obsidian Shard.
I'm sure that i killed all of them. After death buff disappeared
Old 10-28-2017, 10:15 AM   #4
Bardonio

I think my frustration grew to +12348765 due to the first 10 deaths from the claw and having to call to guild hall to repair and running back. Granted it’s zoning 4 times and pretty quick. The claw was the best part of the fight! Love this mob now!
Old 10-30-2017, 01:19 AM   #5
Vanyel

I zone in, kill all the trash.Kill all shard of Obsidians... then nothing.. no boss spawns.. and im left with an empty zone... did this 3Xs.. bug? or am i really missing something?

those eye balls on each side go away .. one side a brazier raises up from where the eye was, but it's not clicky.. on the other side, nothing comes up where the eye was.. just a grate in the floor

update: the 2nd brazier raised up, but ONLY when I stood right on the grate. This seems buggy to me
Old 10-30-2017, 01:33 AM   #6
Vanyel

Jiva:
I died in the lava while fighting him. He despawned after my death and will not respawn. Running back to the braziers did not respawn him. I had to reset the zone
Old 10-30-2017, 02:32 AM   #7
Vanyel

I repeated the zone many times and the West brazier has problems raising. Sometimes I just stood there and it finally raised after 20 minutes.. then Jiva spawned LOL
Old 10-30-2017, 05:21 PM   #8
Anatha

I just don't get the fight with So'Valiz. I have tried to knock down the same claws and die every time. IMO this is too difficult for a solo instance. I know I have guildies that won't be able to do it at all. I will keep trying to but am getting very aggravated.

EDIT: I have to match the Northern claws to the Southern claws. I see one claw moved on one side and go to the other side and click the same claw. I get a message saying You cut yourself badly trying to lift the claw, which remains firmly in place. This is a time fight so trying to run back and forth to see which claws need to be moved is not working for me.
Old 10-30-2017, 08:40 PM   #9
maxximum

He respawns under the platform, jump on it and he aggroes.
Old 10-30-2017, 10:36 PM   #10
Anatha

Feedback for this quest that I can't finish because I am slow. This is a timed quest. Once he starts dropping claws, we have to match which claws on one side with the same claws on the other. I may be alone in this, but get rid of the timed part of it. I am slow and I look carefully to see which claws have been dropped. By the time I figure them out, I am dead.
Old 10-31-2017, 12:36 AM   #11
Iscariat

Having a similar problem Anatha. Only, I have no problem going back and forth, but when I click to set claw I take so much damage that I die instantly. I have all the beta BUFFED gear on and Fount of Power active. Still is not enough to withstand the initial hit.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:05 AM   #12
Yado

So'Valiz
There are way too many claws and not a lot of time to keep track of them all this is a very hard encounter.
Old 10-31-2017, 02:42 AM   #13
Yado

So'Valiz
Ok it is not too bad with someone you still don't have a lot of time.
Old 10-31-2017, 01:36 PM   #14
Iscariat

Once I realized what I was doing in error the task was not as difficult.

Still, there is such a short amount of time allotted this is definitively a task better suited for duo. Perhaps adding a few seconds to the solo instance would be advisable.
Old 10-31-2017, 07:22 PM   #15
Zuicidal

Any strategy on Jiva?
Zuicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:30 PM   #16
Zuicidal

Figured him out NM ;p
Zuicidal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 07:53 PM   #17
maxximum

That's a fail condition. You don't get hit if you click the right claws.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:44 AM   #18
Chillispike

When i stood at the north claws i couldn't see the south claws anymore, but got him down.

The bird named seemed to hit really hard on the third and forth phase of the fight.

It would be nice if there would be an message that the teleporter in west unlocked once you killed all 8 mobs and clicked all 8 suns and/or that the door of the west teleporter is locked
Also the "doors" of the teleporters some times don't open really fast .. well had to wait 30secs-1min till it opened again.

Overall a quite hard zone. no clue how it would solo this, without duoing with a healer.
Old 11-01-2017, 12:45 AM   #19
Chillispike

oh and one of the flame tornados didn't start moving i had to jump into the brazier to spawn the mob
Old 11-01-2017, 03:09 AM   #20
maxximum

I'm still not sure what the script is for the phoenix mob. I have to kill him 4 or 5 times before he dies, which may be part of the script seeing as he's a phoenix, but what are the flames for?
Old 11-02-2017, 12:08 AM   #21
maxximum

Trash mobs still dropping small chests of plat
Old 11-02-2017, 01:30 AM   #22
Kraeref

What I was doing is keeping Phoenix name close to flames. Moving with them. I think it was on the third time he died. Still not sure if it's correct way to fight him. With the next name the script was much clear.
Kraeref is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2017, 12:49 PM   #23
Wimble

Claws. Not enough time for the third settings. I think, at least for the solo version, instant death fail condition is excessive. For consecutive mistakes, sure.
Old 11-03-2017, 07:07 AM   #24
Mermut

Agreed.. since the pillar in the center blocks the view of some claws, it is difficult to see which ones you need to click then run to the far side.
For the solo zone, the timer should be increased since one person has to run over to north/south, see which are tipped in, then run all the way across the room and tip the matching claws.
Having it be 10 claws, rather then 8 or 12, also makes it more difficult since the claws are not at ordinal points.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2017, 10:22 AM   #25
maxximum

We all run at pretty much the same speed with the fount buff, maybe exactly the same, and a lot of people have beat this fight and gone as far in the sig line as we can go for now. You need to ask yourself a variety of questions on how to get around this encounter:

1) When does the mob stoneskin, and where should I be when it does?
2) How do I prevent myself from being flipped round so I don't get north and south mixed up?
3) Where should I be looking when I've done 1 and 2?
4) When 3 happens, what do I need to do and how do I make it easier for myself to do it?
5) Go back to number 1.

I've done the encounter a bunch of times for other people, but then I realised I'm not helping them at all, because they'll be stuck again when it comes to farming the zone for gear, shinies, xp, quests, etc, and people that have done it will be too busy doing their own stuff to come do this, especially when it's live and we have 90 minute lockouts which would prevent us from farming it ourselves. You need to learn how to deal with the fight, it's incredibly easy if you put a little thought into it, and that's exactly how it should be. It's also easily soloable with a merc, so the devs are definitely not going to make it easier for two people going in.
Old 11-03-2017, 04:56 PM   #26
Mermut

I have succeed occassionally, but I've also failed I pull the mob between the pillars. I ddn't get turned around.
The problem is when the claws tipped in are 'behind' the pillar from the center. I have to go further in that direction to see around the pillar and that also means going further on the way back.
I'm certain not the fastest, but I'm not the slowest either. Given that this zone is required for the sig line, I feel that the limit should be a tad more generous.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 09:36 PM   #27
Taled

Just a note, I know it's because scripted stuff is iffy after 30 mins - If you clear the first named and come back after 30 mins, the braziers you have to click to port go back under the grates. You can still use them, but they're hidden underneath so mos tpeople probably won't know that.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:17 AM   #28
Chrol

Developer

For the next update, you will not outright die the first time you click the wrong claw during the matching claws event against So'Valiz, unless you have less than 50% health as that is how much damage it inflicts. If you fail twice in a row, however (in the same round), you will most certainly die.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 04:49 PM   #29
Earar

is it me .. but It took me ages to defeat estrxia ...

on her first form, her health wouldn't go down.

is there a start ? I killed every phoenix before pulling her .. shoud I keep them alive and they come during fight ?

on my bruiser, I have no issue staying alive .. no mana issue . it's just takes ages .. for her first life .. after it goes better.
Old 11-05-2017, 05:06 PM   #30
olleran

I killed Estryxia encounter easily yesterday on my monk, i went back today after the patch on my assassin to find it took over 10min + to kill her the 1st time and remove one of her DR increments. Once the 1st DR increment was removed she seemed to take damage normally.