EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Zone Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #1
Chrol

Developer

Hi everyone!

Please post any feedback and/or bugs regarding your foray into Plane of Disease: Outbreak [Solo].. Thanks, and try not catch anything deadly while you're in there...

-Chrol
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 02:08 PM   #2
Moss

While trying to zone in the solo zone we get a message: That zone is currently anavailable. But the heroic zone is working.
Old 10-24-2017, 07:12 PM   #3
Moss

It is fixed.

Who forced you to include tentacles !!!
Old 10-26-2017, 05:11 PM   #4
Bawkan

Nameds seem to be beefed up more than before, not sure if intended.
Old 10-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #5
Chrol

Developer

Hitpoint-wise?
Old 10-27-2017, 09:30 PM   #6
Vanyel

The Flesh Eater

Heal stacks not going down when he heals
The clots and piles of flesh keep POURING in

1) adds very hard to kill because they heal (you have to 1 shot them)
2) can't kill the named because of 2 reasons
2a) too many adds keep coming that can't be killed fast enough
2b) heal stacks not decreasing on the named

UPDATE: had to kill another named. I just got an item that I think fixes this Smile
Old 10-28-2017, 03:37 PM   #7
Malahk

Where is the entrance to the Crypt of Decay?
Old 10-28-2017, 06:37 PM   #8
Imilla

I did this zone yesterday, killed the twin worms, went to the "bubble-guy", could not go through force field, but mobs inside aggroed and i fought them and was pulled to the center of the bubble. I killed the named and looted one of the totems in the ring on the center island. Clecked it, not sure what it was for put it on hotbar just in case.
Then killed the cube and the malice named near the Crypt of Decay force field. I could go through the crypt force-field but died inside.
No clue how to find entrance. So. Deleted instance today and cleared it again. This time killed the malice named before the bubble-guy and got from him the item that lets go thru the bubble force field. Went and killed bubble guy. None of the totems in the center are clickable, i can't find the item (foul-smelling rune something) in my bags.

Then heard from a friend who was doing zone at the same time that one of the clickable totems in the centre of the bubble gives the update for the quest when used from a bag.

Ok. Deleted quest, deleted zone instance, cleared zone again. None of the totems in the bubble are clickable.
What now?

Quest helper tells me:
checked I have confirmed the Enigmatic Portal Device etc.
checked The Springview Healer mask I seized ...
Druzzil Ro is confident...
checked A magical barrier has been erected in front of the Crypt of Decay!
checked The Primordial Malice are able to enter the Crypt of Decay!
checked The High Dragoon held a Rune of Symbiosis, but it must have been damaged in our struggle.
unchecked Search for another Rune of Symbiosis
Old 10-28-2017, 09:51 PM   #9
Hypozeuxis

Shiny at 503, 83, 53 is on shelf around little temple things so "Can't see target" but shelf can not be jumped on, so inaccessible. (( would be really nice if they fixed line of sight to NOT be from characters' toes ))
Old 10-28-2017, 10:22 PM   #10
Mermut

The fleshclot mobs do not give xp, but they do drop loot. If they're infinite respawn, they should probably not drop loot either.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:29 PM   #11
Bluenotes

Did this 2x last night, no second rune update from ring of runes around mound in green pool. Just got a message that I received a putrid rune or something, nothing in bags. Could not advance into bubble where crypt is. I log on today to try again, zone crashed me to desktop and reset on the primordial malice captain with the two adds. This happened 2x within a half hour, right after the two adds lay down and play dead.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:08 PM   #12
Chrol

Developer

Rattican or the bats aren't supposed to be attackable till you've killed the first 4 nameds. If nameds are killed in order then the quest should update properly.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:08 PM   #13
Chrol

Developer

Done. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #14
Imilla

I've now done it 3 times killing first the named with the Healer mask, then the worms/tentacles whatever they are, then the cube, then the malice Dragoon, then Rattican. The runes/totems in the ring where Rattican was are not clickable.

The only time a totem was clickable was the first time when i was pulled in the bubble (there may be a hole...) before i had killed the Dragoon for the item that supposedly lets you pass the force field. But then i did not get a quest update.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:27 PM   #15
Hypozeuxis

Zoning out after using the Damaged Rune of Symbiosis resets the bubble around Rallius Rattican so you can't get back in (since the Rune is used up). May also happen on crash/disconnect - didn't test that.
Old 10-28-2017, 11:41 PM   #16
Elinea

Quest: Legacy of Power: Realm of the Plaguebringer
Quest Giver: Druzzil Ro
Quest text: Search for another Rune of Symbiosis

After killing the Primordial Malice (named for the first rune) I went back to Bileburn Clot and was able to run up the green bubble to the top, where there's a beam of green light shooting out of the center. I stood in the beam to see if it would damage me, and I somehow managed to pull the name Rattican something (I'm offline due to server reboot for lag, so can't look back in my chat window), up on top of the green dome and kill him and the matrons of disease up there. The chest was down on the ground in the middle of the bubble but I was able to slide off the side and summon the chest to me, though the bubble still remained.

I'm pretty sure that's not supposed to happen that way lol.
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:43 PM   #17
Elinea

I'm apparently about to test that, because I had just killed the Dragoon and got the first rune, but before I could figure out how to get the next one, the server came down for a reboot due to lag. I camped right in front of the Bileburn Clot bubble, so I guess I'll find out how bad I'm affected once we get back in.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:20 AM   #18
Elinea

Welp, logged in after server restart. Green rune shard looking thing was gone from my inventory. I suspect I'm going to have to reset the zone and delete the quest and start all over, since I'm to find "another" rune and now I don't have the first one.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:15 AM   #19
Imilla

There are definitely holes in the Bileburn Clot bubble. I found one and managed to get inside it although I had been out of the zone.
Also got the guest update. The reason the totems were not clickable was that I already had the item, the Dormant Rune of Symbiosis in my bag after the first run when it was looted out of order. Failed to notice it since I was looking for the original foul-smelling rune. Deleting the Dormant Rune allowed me to loot another foul-smelling rune and use it to get a Dormant Rune and the quest update.
Old 10-29-2017, 05:43 AM   #20
Eyenstein

Couple of issues with "The Flesh Eater" fight for me. Berserker in mix of solo and faction gear. I use the item from previous
named as it is supposed to stop healing from one of his buffs. The issue is the mob still heals from the clots coming in. I know this is part of the mechanic but my dps is not keeping up and when there is multi clots they kick you in the air and then the encounter breaks. So I pulled him further away but he still getting healed by clots because I cant DPS them down fast enough. I have tried 7 times to kill this mob in different ways. I even tried to kill it for 15mins.

a putrid pile of flesh's Clot heals a putrid pile of flesh for 383,834,742 hit points. I cant out DPS those kind of heals and that is an add healing an add.

The Flesh Eater's Skin Graft heals The Flesh Eater for 1,427,114,488 hit points. This still happens with the buff that is supposed to prevent this from happening. Over 1 Billion Heal................
Old 10-29-2017, 04:50 PM   #21
Elinea

In regards to my earlier post about the green bubble at Bileburn Clot. I think the reason I never got the bubble to go away or be able to get through it is that after the Flesh Eater, I didn't get the cut scene. This time going through the zone, I did see the cut scene for the first time. The rest of the zone progressed as normal. I was able to pass through the green bubble and kill Rallius Rattican, got the rune and left the zone via the portal that appeared on the center mound.

None of this happened the first time I ran the zone, presumably because I did something wrong at the Flesh Eater mob and never saw the cut scene. I couldn't tell you what I did differently, because this time around, I did it all the same, I think.
Old 10-29-2017, 07:02 PM   #22
Bluenotes

Still crashing to character select on the High Dragoon. This happens every time now, can't progress.
Old 10-30-2017, 05:51 PM   #23
Trabu

It is possible to get through the Dome on the left side of the path. drop down under the dome and run back up the crevasse and you can go under the Dome.
Old 10-30-2017, 06:38 PM   #24
Chillispike

The mobs near zone in and further in dropped 1p to 2p near each
Old 10-30-2017, 11:10 PM   #25
Leed

Same problem - made worse by the zone out thing spawning after killing named, and having the same glowy appearance as the quest updates had previously. You naturally click it, get zoned out, and then can't get back in dome again to try to find the actual quest update.
Old 10-30-2017, 11:24 PM   #26
Praisead

Okay, what is with the solo zone, Plane of Innovation, doing with 3 up and 2 up heroic mobs? The first time I went in I nearly swallowed my teeth, but braved on and was able to kill them with little problem. The ones that were hard were the groups of 6 2 up ones. The names for the sig quest were bugged so they wouldn't die. I left out of there and waited for fixes and just now tried again. This time I couldn't even kill 1 mob in there. I am a necro and I tried 3 different ways on the pull to kill the first mob which is a 3 up heroic. Needles to say I died 3 times. I couldn't even survive long enough to get the second spell off. So then I tried the group of mobs on the other heap pile. 1 spell off one dead necro! Now I am wearing the highest buyable armor from the faction merchants and my merc is fully dressed out and we are both level 110. I see a very big problem here! Is this as intended?, for solo?!
Old 10-30-2017, 11:26 PM   #27
Chillispike

Did you cast "Font of Power" once you zoned in?
Old 10-30-2017, 11:36 PM   #28
Leed

Is it possible you forgot to recast Fount of Power the second time?
Old 10-31-2017, 02:39 AM   #29
maxximum

Same for me. He casts the planar thing, then everything freezes for a minute, then i get booted back to character select. I zone back in and all the trash I've cleared is still down but all the names are back up. I also thought I'd try spider first instead of other dude, followed the script and it ported me straight to other dude when spider died with no chest.

[IMG]

[IMG]
Old 10-31-2017, 08:11 AM   #30
Elfrina

The Flesh Eater fight was very difficult when the putrid pile of flesh popped to heal the name. I could not dps down the adds fast enough. Had one from the guild to help me. The kill was impossible on Sun 10/29, did something get fixed today? It's dead, I can move on.
Elfrina is offline   Reply With Quote