EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Zone Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-03-2017, 09:34 PM   #61
Kittybock

Stuck in Torden: Winds of Change.

On Legacy of Power: Through Storms and Mists
Journal states: Find Karana
Completed the staff, went through the portal to the Tower of Rainkeeper and cannot pass through the next portal (the rocks).

Bugged?
Old 11-03-2017, 11:21 PM   #62
maxximum

Have to clear every trash mob for rocks to open. If you did and it still didn't open, it's probably bugged.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #63
maxximum

Haven't tried this zone in a while and thought I'd give it a go. Twin giants stayed on platform, I burned them down evenly, Hreidar knelt down at 1%, the other was around 6%, then he stoneskinned, I dragged him all over the place for another 10 mins or so but he wouldn't take any damage and healed to 40% slowly. I gave up after that.

Oh, and I don't know what point in the fight it started at, but I checked my stats to make sure I wasn't nerfed and my potency was 167k

[IMG]

Evaccd and went back and just burned them where they stood with no probs. I forgot to check my potency during the fight, but it was still at 167k when it finished.
Old 11-04-2017, 04:13 PM   #64
Kittybock

yep, all were dead. Ran all over looking for some clicky or whatnot.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:21 PM   #65
Jakaan

Ditto for me
Old 11-06-2017, 04:32 AM   #66
Leed

Same thing happened to me - the effect is named 'Protected', and it stayed on 1 permanently (alternating until 1 gets to low health, then it stays on the other 1) so I never could burn him down after that (tried running him all over, tried attacking other named down to 1%, nothing worked and I just gave up after 15 minutes or so).

Old 11-06-2017, 12:10 PM   #67
Grumpy_Warrior

Same here several times. No matter which one I started with, it was always T that knelt down and H left standing with the black/gold Protected buff.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:03 PM   #68
Elinea

Quest: Legacy of Power:Through Storms and Mists
Quest giver: Druzzil Ro
Quest text (paraphrased): Retrieve parts from Tower of Tornado

On Laef Windfall, when he casts his stun, the "Winds of Change" detriment shows in the window for maintained buffs, not the detriment window. Can this be moved? Even though he certainly does maintain it well....if that's the case, it should be in *his* maintained window, not mine Tongue
Elinea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 01:17 PM   #69
Kittybock

Reset zone, went back in the other day. Same result. Have not attempted again, as I did not have time to redo the entire quest in one sitting (requires several zones) Someone had stated on Beta that we needed to do all the zones for this quest in one play session or it bugs?? We have had some folks get through this, but they were the ones that did the entire quest in one sitting.

What enables us to pass that point?
  • Is it an item from one of the prior quests which disappeared from bags etc?
  • Perhaps that is the reason they were saying to do this entire quest in one fell swoop?
Old 11-07-2017, 05:46 PM   #70
Shmogre

After killing Yveti Stormblood, the teleporter ports you right on top of the exit to the zone. If you accidentally click on the top teleporter as you are zoning, it registers the click on the zone exit and you end up leaving the zone.

Could the top teleporter please land you a bit away from the actual zone exit to minimize the chance of accidentally leaving the zone?
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 05:57 PM   #71
Shmogre

Am I missing something on the Yveti Stormblood fight? It took me 25 minutes to kill him - shadowknight in quested/dropped gear (ran through all three factions before starting Signature line, bought upgrades from faction merchants where I could, have a few upgrades from overland names as well).

I didn't see a specific detriment I could use to speed things up, did I overlook something? I tried to pull him down off the platforms into the center area in case getting him out of the winds would help; I tried ranging, I tried meleeing, but nothing seemed to have an effect.

(On the plus side, pulling him off the platform and into the center seemed to keep him from falling through the floor like the Bastion windcallers had been doing.)
Old 11-08-2017, 04:51 PM   #72
Shmogre

Ditto Laef Windfall, can barely make a dent in him, eight minutes into fight and he's only down to 80%. Hopefully I'm just missing a trick...any ideas? (Other than bringing a ranger along? Wink )
Old 11-08-2017, 05:20 PM   #73
Shmogre

Okay, fight done. Here are the numbers from ACT for the mobs (let me know if any other info would help):

Yveti Stormbrood: 25m45s, damage taken 167,541,611,656
Laef Windfall: 33m44s, damage taken 167,362,109,544

(A ranger friend was killing Yveti this morning and "Detect Weakness" showed his combat mitigation was 77,442.)
Old 11-08-2017, 06:25 PM   #74
Shmogre

Stuck on Hreidar and Torstien.

First time - They both got to 99% and then Torstien repeatedly cast his heal over and over, popping them from 99 to 100% each time. Evacced and tried again.

After that, tried variations with merc (Evania on passive, heals only) and without. Tried to keep them both at equal health, the most the difference got was about 6% or so; the lowest I managed to get them before being killed was 74%. When they yelled "I've got your back, brother!", tried to run out of the red circle. Managed to survive twice; the remaining times the circle was under the platform or bridge and it seemed to not be avoidable.

A couple of times I did see a detriment on myself with a count of 5 on it, but it disappeared too quickly to see what it was (either because I successfully managed to get out of the red ring or because I died before I could see what it was).

-----

EDIT: Managed to get them down to 7% and 9% before dying while trying to run back to them after the red ring o' death...looks like that mystery detriment might be distance related? My merc has been useless, she is killed by them very early into the fight.

One thing that seems to help: fight them as close to the center of the area as you can, this makes the red ring pop just to the outside edge and you are more reliably able to get outside of it.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:18 PM   #75
Leed

So, after failing the other day with them becoming permanently immune to all damage I tried again today. Now you can't hurt them at all - either one. Even my hardest hitting ascension abilities only take them down to 99%, and then instantly they're both 100% again.

Edit: I noticed on the first pull they have 3 buffs on them and you can't do a thing to them (they stay at 99-100%), but when you run away it breaks, and they reset - they only have 1 buff on them then and you can do damage until near the end of the fight. Then 1 or the other ends up going permanently damage immune.

Also, like Shmogre - mercenaries are useless on this fight - something is killing them pretty much the very moment you start the fight. I think it is cooperation blast which I understand means you need to keep them apart - but I have no roots, no way to keep them apart, which for a solo zone (if this was duo required that might be another story) is a problem. Then after the mercenary dies I can't survive for too long with no heals and the ranged 'Hreidar Lynhillig Electrify' hitting for 2.6 million every 2 seconds. If there's a trick to this I'm just not seeing it - also, a red circle spawns, but in the circle, not in the circle - either way it seems you get hit by Electrify and Cooperation Blast.

The red circle - nothing seems to happen with that - if you're in the circle, not in the circle, if the mob is in the circle, or not in the circle - doesn't seem to matter. You're getting hit by Electrify, Cooperation Blast, and melee either way.
Old 11-09-2017, 12:52 AM   #76
Elfrina

Torden, Bastion of Thunder : Tower Breach Gaukr Sandstorm, Running my Coercer, This mob is very difficult to kill, Too many dots and power drain, How will a normal player every kill this mob. Next tower zone, mobs are way to hard, power drains too much.
Elfrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 02:22 PM   #77
Grumpy_Warrior

If you check the icons on H and T during the fight, one of them says something about "the farther apart they are, the less damage you take." To keep the merc alive, start the encounter with both mobs together on one of the square areas to the side of the circle, then the instant you see "casts a protection spell" in chat, run to the small square area on the opposite side from where you are. One of the mobs will be rooted, and the other will charge at you. One of them casts a spell to see how far apart they are. You and the mobile mob should be out of the red disc by this point. If you managed to lure the non-rooted mob all the way over, you won't take the big damage hit. Rinse and repeat. I think the spell is every 60 or so seconds, or based on health percentage..

The problem with H & T for me is that the one left standing (not kneeling) is the one that gets immune to all damage, while the one kneeling stays at 1% as he heals them both. Totally frustrating, especially given that it's a punishingly long fight to get to that point. I'm sure I must be missing some clever tactic to avoid this fail.

I realize this is beta, but who cares about following a detailed signature story line when you are beating your head against a brick wall on so many of the named mobs? Clever combat tactics are fine, in fact I'll bet most of us prefer encounters with some sort of trick or puzzle to figure out. But why make so many of them take 20 minutes to one hour each to kill? Save that for the advanced solo and heroic versions of the zones, please.
Old 11-09-2017, 05:44 PM   #78
Shmogre

Came back with a fresh head to try the two giants again. First engagement, hit the "constantly healing themselves to 100%" thing:
[IMG]

Once I broke the encounter and re-engaged, they were then able to take damage; I was able to get them down to around 74% or so before they did their thing.

Tried Grumpy's method (side to side); when the red ring hit, I was able to get out of it, but the non-rooted mob was moving too slowly and I died before they made it far (and my merc died before that). I was also not able to see the detriment/buff on them, as I was too busy trying to run and stay alive.
[IMG]

I feel like I must be missing something basic. I'm going to keep trying, but I've found that ten or so deaths is about my limit for a solo zone before needing to take a break. One down, nine to go... Tongue
Old 11-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #79
Shmogre

Did the fight with a ranger and made it through (which while good, does not bode well for soloing on other classes). Also got the "healing back to 100% on first engagement" while grouped; we broke the encounter and came back in order to do damage.

Some bugs/feedback:

We had to Need/Greed on the key; the person that won it got a message saying it bound to the group, but the other person didn't. If it's a group drop, it probably should either go to everyone or the bind message should go to all in the group.

After killing them, the only way down was the portal. Unfortunately, the portal took us completely out of the instance (into Coliseum of Valor) rather than down to the beginning. Double unfortunately, it put us near the exit from Coliseum of Valor rather than outside the Torden, Bastion of Thunder as expected; we clicked on the portal directly in front of us (expecting to go back in), and then found ourselves outside in Plane of Magic.

The portal at the top should return you to the bottom of the zone and portals taking you out of the zone should put you near that zone's entrance on the outside (i.e., the portal to the zone in the Coliseum of Valor).

(We had a moment of panic when we zoned out and thought we had lost the key, since it was in neither of our inventories. It took scrolling back through messages to realize (thankfully) that it had bound to the group. Smile )
Old 11-09-2017, 06:56 PM   #80
Elfrina

For me the Hurricane and Yveti Stormbrood was impossible to Kill, will not be able to finish this zone.... My merc Evania Val'Sara will not heal even with assist turned off
Elfrina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 07:44 PM   #81
Shmogre

A very good reminder from Gninja:

BE SURE TO RESET YOUR INSTANCES BEFORE TRYING FIGHTS AGAIN. Some changes made require a fresh zone; if you have an existing instance, you might be beating your head on old bugs.

(Apologies for any no longer relevant feedback, Gninja...I was more focused on my progress and not having to go through some of those fights again and was avoiding resetting zones. Didn't even occur to me that it was part of my problem. Oops

I'll pop back into the zone today and see if I'm more capable.)
Old 11-09-2017, 09:16 PM   #82
Shmogre

Fresh zone, freshly fed ogre ready to conquer:

I can't keep up with the power drains on Elif Whitewind (first named in the zone, before you head to either side). My merc tries to keep me cured, but they come too fast and my own cure remedies are often still down (current recast time on the Cerebral Remedies is 7.5 seconds).

I'm stuck auto-attacking or trying to kite and range (which can take me away from my merc and my heal starts to fall). Finally took him down (ACT says it took 8:09).

Now to see what the Hurricane has to offer...
Old 11-09-2017, 09:19 PM   #83
Shmogre

Same issue with The Hurricane - power drain is pretty severe, can't keep up with the cures, left auto-attacking or ranging with no power.
Old 11-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #84
Shmogre

Yveti fight was much more straightforward and doable (definite improvement over my last try a few days ago).

Feedback: Portal at top puts you directly on top of the exit portal...it's easy for stray click to make you exit the zone. Moving back where you pop would help.

(Side note: It's a bit weird to finish a fight way up top, then get zoned back to start and have to run all the way back to the chest, then have to head back again to do the other side. Smile )
Old 11-09-2017, 10:36 PM   #85
Shmogre

West Wing:

Laef Windfall - Much better fight than prior days. BUG: His rooting detriment doesn't show in your Detrimental Spell Effects window; you have to hunt it down in your Maintained Spells.

Hreidar & Torstien - Not going to lie, I've got PTSD from these guys...died to them too many times in the past few days Tongue. Managed to kill them with only one death, had better luck with the non-rooted one following me away this time.

Reported above, putting here for completeness: Portal that pops after killing the giants takes you out to Coliseum of Valor instead of back to beginning of zone; it also puts you in front of the Plane of Magic portal instead of the "Torden, Bastion of Thunder" portal as you would expect (usually exit portals put you right outside the entrance portal you used to come in).

-----

Overall feedback on zone as of today: Much more doable, though power drains on Elif Whitewind (ACT shows Ignite Soul hit me 196 times) and The Hurricane (Whirl hit 178 times) were frustrating and turned into AFK auto-attack fights.

Still a bit annoying to have to run all the way back to the chest from the beginning after killing the big named way up on top...you would think they would want their chests close to them for security.

But much improved, definitely had fewer ogre rages this time around. BigGrin
Old 11-09-2017, 10:59 PM   #86
Gninja

Developer

I have removed the majority of power drains from the zone. If you see major ones let me know. The second boss still has one I believe but its very minor. You will not see these changes until 11/10.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 PM   #87
Shmogre

Sweet, thanks for that...I'll give it another shot in the next few days.

Much appreciated!!
Old 11-10-2017, 12:32 AM   #88
Leed

Ok, reset zone today, and tried again. Still - I get to Torstien Stoneskin & Hreidar Lynhillig - when the red circle appears I tell merc to back off, I run OUTSIDE the ring, AOE goes off, merc dies, then I die to 5 hits of 'Cooperation Blast' focus damage. If I run out of the ring, stay in the ring, either way that goes off and the merc is dead in a flash and me soon after.

Edit: Finally got them - being in or out of ring doesn't seem to make a difference - you're getting hit by cooperation focus damage either way, so I stood my ground and just tried to time death saves very carefully then twiddle thumbs for them to come back, and time them again before doing damage. On live I'll just have a guild mate help for sure though (what's very very very hard with a mercenary isn't nearly so with a real healer)
Old 11-10-2017, 08:17 AM   #89
Shmogre

Heh, now I can't even kill Elif Whitewind...the power drains are coming in faster than my merc can cure or my remedies can be recast.

I'll try again after lunch.
Old 11-10-2017, 08:36 AM   #90
Ikthios

Okay so at least now I know I am not alone in the difficulties I am having with this zone the last 3 days. At first I thought I must not be doing the fights properly or missing some mechanic, but after three days of head pounding and doing a rez, blast, die , repeat system to get to the last bosses of the zone I see that no it appears that even though it has been pointed out that this solo is completely unsoloable hence making completion of the signature quest unfinished, they are aware of this problem but just dont seem to either know how to fix it or care to fix it. The aoes, det and range of the aoes seem to be completely out of scale with a solo dungeon, even a healing class couldnt really make much progress with the intense mana drains and for all none healing classes you are just screwed because almost all the aoes and dets will kill you within moments of pulling a boss and those that dont kill you right away take 37 minutes because of mit and hp that really needs some rescaling. Mercs are useless and i still am not sure what that fount buff even does so i just keep putting it on and hoping something will change so that these solo dungeons can actually be solo'ed.

edit: even if you make it to the final bosses you cant seperate them since it is a solo dungeon and you will often be alone with a merc and they use a coop strike that is almost instantly fatal, not to mention the electrify joust is absurdly large and makes the joust difficult but not always impossible. Ran into the same problem with the final boss of the first PoI boss the one you have to turn the key when he goes immune, his aoe does fatal damage and could not seem to figure out how to avoid it because the range seemed to be greater than my capacity to still be an active participant in the fight.

I am 110, wearing gear from the quest and dungeons not the beta buff gear as it didnt seem as good as drops or quest gear (with a few exceptions, like the beta bow) and isnt the point to test what will be live so i figured you would run this with what would be available with the live with the exception that i am using adornments from the beta merchant