EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > Zone Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-28-2017, 06:08 PM   #31
Mandoblast

Is the Frostbite Crystal not 100% drop? I didnt get it either
Old 10-28-2017, 06:13 PM   #32
Vanyel

Frostbite crystal is no longer dropped from the chest you open with the key
Old 10-28-2017, 09:54 PM   #33
Materfarmer

So the key dropped but I did not see a chest. Is that a bug or am I overlooking them?
Materfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:49 PM   #34
Vorvon

Having trouble with Aucliffe Chaoswind. I stay in on his "locked in with me" (watchmen) call, then out of his red circle on stay back, but get one shot immediately either by being out of circle or by the torrent winds. Any ideas on how to kill this guy? Thanks.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:06 AM   #35
Bardonio

Per Chrol in discord today the frostbite crystal will be in the heroic zone chest. It will be in solo version chest after tonight’s update. Can go to discord in the pop-beta thread and scroll up.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:17 AM   #36
Sath182

I'm personally okay with this because it's always been on the lowest ring of the tower so far. What I don't get is why the zone exit portal is at the top of the sand tower when I have to run back to the bottom to loot his chest. That takes me most of the way to the start and I may as well just go out the front door.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:19 AM   #37
Sath182

I was having trouble with this as well. Try standing outside the white ring when you have to joust away from him. It seems the area of that effect is bigger than the red floor graphic which ends at the inside edge of the white ring.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:23 AM   #38
Vorvon

Finally killed him; but although the key is dropping off his body, no frostbite crystal in his chest (which is on the bottom level of the tower, just like the sandstorm guy).
Old 10-29-2017, 04:19 AM   #39
Fandi

Ran the zone 3 times just to make sure, But no frostbite crystal in the Auliffe Chaoswinds' treasure chest.
Old 10-29-2017, 08:30 AM   #40
Marranda

Legacy of power through storms and mist (BROKEN)
Item: Frostbite crystal ( not dropping) not in chest or on mob

Also just saying! I personally dislike the chest being at some other location. Great for scouts or those that have track available to find them. But for the rest of us a PAIN and not fun.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #41
Hypozeuxis

I had just started the zone before the very early Sunday update, and started it over afterwards so is easy to calculate the tuning. First group of 4 Primoridial Malice has 4x health (1.5B before, 6B after) and incoming damage to them was about 2.5x (105M dps before, 264M after) and it feels a lot slower, even though the elaped time was a little less that 150% (33 sec to 47 sec).

First named (Gatekeeper Karatil) has very close to the same health (1.7B before, 18.B after) with an apparent cap on incoming damage changing from 158M to 194M. (5 different abilities including Paragon and Curuvar'Renda doing the exact same damage for each fight)

Since I'm still in just Solo/Quest gear, this seems reasonable - better gear won't totally overpower the zone soon after it goes live. and will make the trash go much faster with better gear but not so much difference with the named.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:41 AM   #42
Hypozeuxis

I had something like that happen against the last named in Plane of Innovation - Manaetic Behemoth put (supposedly curable, but nothing would cure it) Watchful Gaze on me when I did a lot of damage, which ticked for 15 seconds (every 3 sec, from 3500 to 9600 HP, then insta-kill). Autoattack, procs, and a single ranged spell took it down easily, if slowly.
Old 10-29-2017, 11:52 AM   #43
Hypozeuxis

Also, it seems that every single trash mob is dropping a small chest with ~1 plat + 15% Member bonus. That seems a high drop rate compared with some of the other zones.
Old 10-29-2017, 12:05 PM   #44
Hypozeuxis

Storm watcher at 584, 37, -741 (on the way up the west tower) is too far away to shoot even though it appears to be right there (even distance meter reports it close)
Old 10-29-2017, 12:16 PM   #45
Hypozeuxis

[quote="Hypozeuxis, post: 6473369, member: 713175"
First named (Gatekeeper Karatil) has very close to the same health (1.7B before, 18.B after) with an apparent cap on incoming damage changing from 158M to 194M. (5 different abilities including Paragon and Curuvar'Renda doing the exact same damage for each fight)[/quote]

I realize now Karatil isn't really a named (no strat, almost no HP, no loot), but it is an interesting mechanic to make sure he isn't steamrollered later. Real names take some serious damage before they die.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:00 PM   #46
Hypozeuxis

Forgetting to take the key from Gaukr and not realizing it until you're all the way down at the chest is bad, because the body despawns before you can run all the way back up, and it will be at least 30 minutes (even if you've been doing the zone slowly) before you can reset it and try again.
Old 10-29-2017, 01:15 PM   #47
darkward

I have also been stuck as the ice tower mob chest doesn't (or didn't I haven't tried yet this morning) have the quest item. As a result I ran the zone a few times and agree with some of the points already made I would add

1) The zone is too large for the content, I spend most of my time running between names ignoring the trash
2) The long corridor with the wolves seems particularly pointless, the small empty alcove makes me feel something more interesting was planned? It feels to me like a named that links to the packs of wolves being killed would fit nicely as currently they just seem like fluff.
3) the joust for the ice mob is a little unclear as far as when to joust back in (I figured this out after dying a lot of times, joust back as soon as the mob moves towards you.)
Old 10-29-2017, 02:39 PM   #48
Sath182

I agree, it is a well done script. The issue I notice is that either the red floor mark is too small, or the "Get Out" AOE is bigger than intended. If you just get out of the floor marking, you die.
Old 10-29-2017, 02:46 PM   #49
Sath182

Good point. Haters will say "don't forget the key." but it should be an issue.

I would suggest moving the chest to one of the platforms the giants are on in the final run at the boss. Then they can still randomize where its at. It also makes the giants relevant rather than bird catchers as you run past while giving em the finger.

Also, the towers are a long way to go back when you die at the boss....Frown
Old 10-29-2017, 08:31 PM   #50
Vanyel

the fight is actually VERY easy.. aside from the pathing, the script is 100% fine IMO

When you see the circle go RED, you step outside.. as the red fades you can see the white circle expanding.. just step inside.. I've done this fight about 20Xs.. I only died the first few times I had to figure out the script.. IMO nothing needs changing aside from path bugs

the text he emotes is a clue to the fight and wasn't hard to figure it out. Once you do, you can ignore the text and rely on graphics as stated above.. or simply make an ACT trigger announcement
Old 10-30-2017, 05:18 AM   #51
olleran

Storm Watcher
582.32, 37.85,-747.89,

Mob is kos , but cannot be attacked , even standing next to it , was told mob was out of range
Old 10-30-2017, 08:15 AM   #52
GuMeshow

Killed the 1st named and I got this elemental detriment (orange background with a man taking a big step, 4 ticks on bottom right corner) with no description ... my merc has been trying to cure it constantly since I got it, pot cure does not work either.
GuMeshow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 01:08 PM   #53
Yado

Aucliffe Chaoswind
The problem with this fight is that it is not consistent at all. Went with a friend and her and I both had to repair 3x due to all the deaths. Aucliffe Chaoswind will cast his white area you can not cross and then cast a red area you can not be in and at times both will be up at the same time. The red area is hard to see and her and I play at the max graphical value you can have. Aucliffe Chaoswind will disappear underground a lot and then you can not see either area. I recorded the last time we engaged him but were successful and you will see she died for no reason.

Old 10-30-2017, 10:20 PM   #54
Mermut

Once I got through the teleporter on the west tower, the mobs I'm fighting will periodically fall through the floor.. they keep attacking me, I can't damage them. this includes the boss, Auliffe Chaoswind.

Further note: Pets and mercs also fall through.

aaaand if he's got a DoT on him and dies when he's under the floor, you can't loot his body to get the key.
Mermut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2017, 02:04 AM   #55
Arieva

Ice tower boss..the one with the joust in and out. Since rebalancing of mob health a t1 dps takes this mob down so fast that the two joust mechanics come back to back..guaranteeing a death. Last night on a t4 KA geared conji I had to kill my pet and at max use one or two spells in order to slow burn the name enough to complete scripting. Pretty frustrating considering I'm not in new PoP gear or sporting 101-110 spell upgrades yet
Arieva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2017, 12:43 PM   #56
Toxlas

Auliffe Chaoswind fight: got killed first time, noticed Stampy merc wasn't taking damage (on back off) boss was hitting him for 50k, easily healed through. Waited for res, smacked him down a bit more, died, waited for res, killed him. Doubt it's supposed to be done like that!
Old 11-04-2017, 01:32 PM   #57
Earar

nice zone, like the icy part .. with slippery floor

though last named on the icy part takes ages to kill : Auliffe Chaoswind

for the sandstorm part .. would have been fun to have place .. sandstorms .. so you'd have to be carefull also (not too huge .. but just another feeling of wind that misses in that part)

the power drain on solo part is WAY too big
Old 11-04-2017, 03:06 PM   #58
Keedahm

Gaukr Sandstorm keeps killing me...
...and the running back to him is no fun!
Keedahm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 05:12 PM   #59
Grumpy_Warrior

Speaking of Gaukr, something is wrong either with the mob, the zone, or my beta-buffed, non-beta-copied level 110 character:

The first time through Tower Breach [Solo], Auliffe Chaoswind went down in under 3 minutes with about 12 billion HP. A reasonable encounter. I got the chest item, cleared up to Gaukr Sandstorm, and went AFK for a bit. When I returned I had been kicked from the game and there was a big update on the launchpad.

I logged back in to the zone, applied that insufferable buff that you have to click every time, attempted Gaukr Sandstorm, and got my butt royally handed to me several times. So much so that I had to check to see if I was still in the solo version of the zone. Something was seriously wrong, so I figured I needed to reset the zone since the earlier patch may have changed things. After restarting the game and the zone, I got up to Auliffe Chaoswind again, but what had previously been a 3 minute fight ended up being a 37 minute fight with ACT reporting about 200 billion HP on the mob. I spent most of the Auliffe Chaoswind fight with no mana swinging my sword and waiting to joust the floor effects. The merc verdicted at 9%. Surely this is not intended.

Needless to say, Gaukr Sandstorm is impossible unless I am missing something. The best I have been able to do is 11 billion HP in 1:12 minutes, but in that time I got him down to maybe 95%. This points to another 200 billion HP mob. What was previously a challenging but enjoyable quest line is now a brick wall. As a test I went into a fresh copy of Outbreak [Solo] to see if my character had gotten gimped when the game kicked me. But the second fight with Felkruk was nearly identical to the first: under 2 minutes, 20 billion HP, no big whoop.

What am I missing besides a few hours of my life wasted? Would deleting/restarting the quest fix anything?
Old 11-12-2017, 02:50 PM   #60
Elowith

Went into this zone having finished the sig line. Chose to go right first, because. After killing Sandstorm, zone quest updates (for daily and presumably weekly). Portal to valor appears - sure would be nice to have a choice to go back to beginning of zone (aka evac) so as to get to chest and other side. Note that you will always need to go back for the chest (even if you go left first) so a portal out here is not very useful. As for other solos I have revisited, no shinies.
Elowith is offline   Reply With Quote