EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2011, SOE Live! 2012-2013
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #1
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

I know the year has just startedm but the earlier we get a date, the easier it is to book vacation. Considering the fact that some people come from furthr away and have to take a bit more than just 2 days off, it woud be cool to know when approximately it will happen SMILEY.

Imrahil

imrahil_donnergroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:40 PM   #2
xoron

The Quiet Type

sad to see soe falling back into old ways.. as bad as the choice of date for 2012 was atleast is was done so early enough to matter for most people.. why again did we end soe live with out the next date announcement ??

xoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 07:14 AM   #3
Bexee

The Quiet Type

A quick whinge from your distant player community...

The prices for long haul air fares go up 180 days before the event. So if you are planning July and want us to come please post some dates.

Bexee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 01:37 PM   #4
feldon30

SOE Community Council

xoron wrote:

sad to see soe falling back into old ways.. as bad as the choice of date for 2012 was atleast is was done so early enough to matter for most people.. why again did we end soe live with out the next date announcement ??

Last year's date choices were due to Bally's limitations.

With the awful food at this year's "Banquet" and sound issues during the keynotes, I think a serious look is underway at other hotels.

feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:28 PM   #5
Bexee

The Quiet Type

I would vote for the Venetian as an idea since it is part of the Holiday Inn network and I can burn my points there...

Problem with vegas is that Ballys does have one of the better conference spaces (if not the catering)

Old 01-10-2013, 07:24 PM   #6
RinQual_Gorgshriek

Happy Camper

They need to have in the central states,

Like Minnesota... SMILEY!

Twin Cites have nice Event places for rent. SMILEY

Although, i do understand the cost for Flighting...

RinQual_Gorgshriek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:17 PM   #7
Danicia

Community Relations

Our Events Team has been hard at work on SOE 2013 already. We can't give any details until the contracts are signed. Once they've been signed and have the Legal stamp of approve, we can announce dates and location. It is VERY exciting and we hope you'll all be able to join us!

Danicia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 08:20 PM   #8
RinQual_Gorgshriek

Happy Camper

Tell them to hurry :3

RinQual_Gorgshriek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2013, 03:53 AM   #9
Lilith

The Quiet Type

The anticipation.... it burns!! D:

Lilith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:27 PM   #10
Bexee

The Quiet Type

if I am able to get enough warning to book this year Icould be tempted toorganise something forthe European players on the evening before the start, many spend the week in the us since they have to cross the pond anyway

Old 01-15-2013, 03:06 PM   #11
Eith

The Quiet Type

Good to hear that there is a contract in the works, and hope that it gets signed soon.  

Eith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:15 AM   #12
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Thanks for the update, I really hope we can at least gate a timeframe soon as I will have to plan vacation accordingly and that's FAR easier the longer away the actual dates are.

@Bexee: my guild which is from the Euro server had 9 attendees last year (granted 4 of them from the US, but still 5 flew over), it's always a blast and a great to excuse to visit Vegas SMILEY.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:31 PM   #13
Khay

The Quiet Type

I would love to know a more concrete answer as well, since it is hard for my job to plan time off on too short of notice. Alot of October in my workplace is already filling up as well as July. Not to mention a number of members of my Guild have expressed interest in going to SOE Live this year, so to coordinate them as well will be difficult without enough notice.

thanks in advance.

Khay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 01:19 PM   #14
xoron

The Quiet Type

feldon30 wrote:

xoron wrote:

With the awful food at this year's "Banquet" and sound issues during the keynotes, I think a serious look is underway at other hotels.

Look I am sorry if you guys ate soe are feeling pressured… but let’s face it no one out here in your customer base is shedding a tear at your cold feet... a company as big as soe has no excuse to not have its act together and have these events well planned out for way in the future... if you at soe don’t like doing these events then just don’t and lets all move on.. If you’re going to do them then step up to the plate and do them well… We do like attending the Fan Fair events but you can’t wait till 90 days out and spring the announcement on us, come on no reason to not have the date you want years in advance. That’s how you overcome hotel limitations. You plan for well in advance.

xoron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 08:30 PM   #15
Tinqu

The Quiet Type

Danicia wrote:

Our Events Team has been hard at work on SOE 2013 already. We can't give any details until the contracts are signed. Once they've been signed and have the Legal stamp of approve, we can announce dates and location. It is VERY exciting and we hope you'll all be able to join us!

Ok... I am really trying to get move Vanguard people to attend.. but we need to plan!!!!If this event is anytime before Oct 1, 2013 you should already have dates locked in and let us know.. we dont need to have and agenda... we just need dates so we can buy flights and book hotels and we need to get time off of work!

Lock on the people who need to make decisions and sign things in a room.. No food or water until the get things settled!!  If you want this event to be bigger than last year - you have to meet us half way.. give us the dates....

Tinqu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 11:09 AM   #16
Khay

The Quiet Type

Ok guys so Brasse did an interview yesterday that Zatozia posted in the announcements section, it was a live cast interview. She said that we will be getting the dates for SOE live NEXT WEEK. Also It will be in NOT October again and still in Vegas. She stated, that they did in fact move the venue from Ballys to another hotel which will be announced next week as well.

**Edit** Sorry for the mishearing, SOE Live will NOT be in October. Again I appologize.

Old 01-30-2013, 08:43 AM   #17
imrahil_donnergroll

Happy Camper

Khay wrote:

Ok guys so Brasse did an interview yesterday that Zatozia posted in the announcements section, it was a live cast interview. She said that we will be getting the dates for SOE live NEXT WEEK. Also It will be in October again and still in Vegas. She stated, that they did in fact move the venue from Ballys to another hotel which will be announced next week as well.

Thank you for the update (which imho could also have come from a member of SOE). Is there anywhere to read this up also officially (or to hear this interview)?

Personally speaking I was set more for earlier this year, not sure yet how October would fit into my schedule.

Old 01-30-2013, 10:11 AM   #18
Cyliena

SOE Community Council

xoron wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

xoron wrote:

Look I am sorry if you guys ate soe are feeling pressured… but let’s face it no one out here in your customer base is shedding a tear at your cold feet... a company as big as soe has no excuse to not have its act together and have these events well planned out for way in the future... if you at soe don’t like doing these events then just don’t and lets all move on.. If you’re going to do them then step up to the plate and do them well… We do like attending the Fan Fair events but you can’t wait till 90 days out and spring the announcement on us, come on no reason to not have the date you want years in advance. That’s how you overcome hotel limitations. You plan for well in advance.

Feldon doesn't work for SOE, so chewing him out doesn't help much.

They'll announce it when they announce it. Pressuring them does not get the process finalized any quicker.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 12:21 PM   #19
Bexee

The Quiet Type

I still maintain the point that it is generally easier to get tickets early for trans atlantic than later...

for example return flights to Zurich on 20th Oct are already showing as premium for the midday ORD flight.

Old 02-01-2013, 09:04 PM   #20
Ylyrra

Happy Camper

Well - I haven't seen any announcemnts, but the SOE Live page has dates / location posted:

https://www.soe.com/soelive/

Ylyrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:11 PM   #21
Khay

The Quiet Type

Ylyrra wrote:

Well - I haven't seen any announcemnts, but the SOE Live page has dates / location posted:

https://www.soe.com/soelive/

Nice Find Ylyrra. SMILEY

Old 02-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #22
Kela

Master

xoron wrote:

feldon30 wrote:

xoron wrote:

I asked them why they don't just set a date and book it every year, or even book it a year out.

The reason why is that nearly EVERY major industry convention, GDC, E3, ComiCon, etc. seems to not have set dates, as such if they set a date and sign a contract they maybe forced to duel attend, giving SOELive folks less access, or they would have to move the date, breaking thier contract and costing them tons more.

Looks to me like the Industry as a whole needs to get its act together and be more professional and set these dates.

Kela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 05:25 PM   #23
Hadleysho

Yea page has been saying 0 days but is now saying 177 days which puts it at August 1st, not sure if this is an error tho.
Hadleysho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:21 PM   #24
starrule

The Quiet Type

http://forums.station.sony.com/stat..._id=11500055028

starrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #25
Nopl

Well Bummer. Its nice where I live in August so why would I leave here? I dont think I will go if its in August. 

Nopl is offline   Reply With Quote