EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > Station Forums > Fan Faire 2007-2011
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-22-2010, 02:17 PM   #1
Ashlanne

Project Manager

Hey Folks,

The team running the Phat Lewt Store would like your suggestions for Fan Faire 2010! Please add what you would like to see sold this year in the store in this thread...

We would love to hear your suggestions!

Ashlanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:03 PM   #2
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

PINS!!!!!!!

Nice pins like you usually have, with the games, servers, classes, etc... that you can swing (or at least the major games). The buttons you had were nice too, but nice quality pins are always a plus. (I always get a fresh set of Luclin + Cleric + Dwarf + a tradeskill or two pins for my badge every year)

Hats might be good too. One thing you might want to do is contact Lids, or some other embroiderer company and see if they can set up a satilite location at the fan faire. I'm sure many people would love to get hats with their guild name embroidered onto them (with EQ/EQII/etc... on the front).

Badges might be another thing you might want to think of getting. They may not be as popular as they used to, but still having Server and/or Game badges might be neat.

Bumper stickers/Window stickers/Stickers in general. Those should be fairly cheap to order and would be nice to get. SMILEY

Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 03:10 PM   #3
Okage

The Quiet Type

I agree with the pins, shirts, hats and so forth, but they seem to always be for EQ, EQ2, and Planetside.

The last two times I attended, you didn't have anything for SWG, and we miss that.  So this time, let's see some things for all of SOE's games.  Also, venders selling star wars merchandice would be nice.

Okage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 04:04 PM   #4
Gaarbac

It was great to have the poster and shirts for SWG last year!  Shirts in womens sizes would be nice this year.

For SWG, stickers would be fun.  I'd love to put SWG stickers on my laptop and ipad.  Something with the server names would good too.  Also, I buy pretty much anything with a Wookiee on it SMILEY

Gaarbac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2010, 07:02 PM   #5
princesskitty

Happy Camper

I <3 magnets n shot glasses.
princesskitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:35 AM   #6
CTBST

Happy Camper

Have to agree about the pins. Planning to buy some more this year if there are some new ones.

CTBST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 04:05 AM   #7
Tulisin_Emarr

Happy Camper

Pointy wizard hats. Also, I've received several mage channel requests for some kind of stuffed version of the old elemental pets, make it so.
Tulisin_Emarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 08:54 AM   #8
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

That's an idea. Plush toys of the various game pets and creatures. I'd love a plush Sleeper or Vox or Naggy for that matter, even if they're just Beanie Baby size.
Old 04-23-2010, 11:23 AM   #9
Lera

Happy Camper

I'd buy pins - I got a paladin one last year and I think a Tunare pin, but they didn't have them for all the races and crafters and servers. I don't know if they just didn't make any or if they ran out, but more pins!

And I love the plushie idea. I suggest Sivnillinicos and The Sludge Creep. Or an actual-size (2x2x2 feet) gelatinous cube.

Lera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 01:04 PM   #10
Meric

Journeyman

One thing I have been suggestions for the past 3 years is to have no longer obtainable in-game virtual items for sale for each of the games.

Such as to be able to purchase a TCG card or a removed loot card that is no longer obtainable.

Meric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #11
DragonGem

Happy Camper

I don't know if this is relevant but do they still auction off class/server banners?

DragonGem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 03:45 PM   #12
Saroc_Luclin

SOE Community Council

They didn't last year; they just did Game banners and Anniversary banners IIRC.
Old 04-24-2010, 08:34 PM   #13
Tulvarus

The Quiet Type

Here's a few suggestions

Beer Steins - even with just the different game logos would be great.

Key-chains - fairly simply, i have a number of them from my EQ days that were replicas of the epic  weapon.

Replicas - items that you could find in the various games, like mini weapons or coins that you get in game.

Action Figures and Statues.

Mouse-pads

Cards - playing cards, or some LON cards like we had last year, and Free Realms

Clothing - but make sure there is a variety of sizes, not everyone wears medium

Ill probably add more as time goes by

Tul

Tulvarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 10:14 PM   #14
Crystilla

SOE Community Council

Last year I actually missed not having the felt server banners available for purchase.  A lot of folks used those to help everyone find each other when both lining up/meeting for dinner and trying to find each other's tables and not everyone shares phone #'s or is comfortable with that.

Crystilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 11:57 PM   #15
Vestaloyne

SOE Community Council

I think mouse pads are a great idea Tul!
Vestaloyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 01:36 PM   #16
Patancia

Happy Camper

Coffie cups and glasses. Everyone is usually drinking something while they play. Also, I would like to see more game specific shirts as well. Any that don't sell this year, will be collectors items next year.

Patancia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 03:51 PM   #17
Brailyn

The Quiet Type

I like the mousepad idea.

I also like novelty mugs (read beer mugs) that you can put in the freezer and enjoy a cold beverage (read not beer).

Brailyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:17 PM   #18
Calthine

SOE Community Council

This shirt, IRL:  http://fr.zam.com/Im/Image/147347

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 04:45 PM   #19
Mekii

Happy Camper

Think someone mentioned playing cards. They had those last years but they were from many expansions back if not original EQ. Updated decks would be nice.

Epic keychains like you used to get in the game would also be nice or even cloth maps like you used to get with the game....when you used to actually buy the game instead of just paying to have your acct flagged for it.

Mouse pads with different design options for each game would be nice. Maybe graphics from the world map of the different continents or even better would be cover art from the different expansions.  I know that would be alot variations when you factor in all the different games but just suggestions and I'm sure everyone would like more than 1 or 2 options for their chosen game.

The thing I would like to see most is to be able to buy figures of your characters. I know you couldn't stock these and they would have to be ordered but the good part is you wouldn't have money tied up in unsold inventory afterwards.

Sure I will think of more later...

Mekii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 06:08 PM   #20
Telairee

The Quiet Type

Keychains definitely, I collect them and I am disappointed not to have one from EQ (besides the ones that came in the retail box from a past expansion).

Mouse pads are a good idea.

The pins/buttons I like but they are always very limited on class/servers.  I would really like to see them have some of everything so that people can get ones that represent them.    I like the ideas about replicas and cards too.  I would basically just like to see some more variety this year.

Telairee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:50 AM   #21
Meric

Journeyman

I would love to see my SWG gear such as shirts, pins, and hats.  Oh man, I want a hat!  I remember last year Cigaran was the only one that got this SWG hat and I so wanted one!  Please let there be SWG hats!

Meric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 12:36 AM   #22
Turlach

Happy Camper

SK Zippo. Hubby has been wanting one for YEARS but theyre always sold out SMILEY

Turlach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 11:47 PM   #23
Dented

The Quiet Type

key chains, mouse pads, shot glass, candy/trail mix, pins, things that light up pretty

Dented is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:36 PM   #24
SG_01

Valued Contributor

The Agency goodies, please? SMILEY Like shirts, spy-cam-pens, etc?

SG_01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:07 PM   #25
PineGold

Happy Camper

My work schedule was changed I can not go to fan faire; can I send a check for shipping my " swag" stuff in the mail to my home please? 

Will the store have the same stuff as on line store does now; except for swag?

PineGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:22 AM   #26
Zornhed

The Quiet Type

Coffee mugs for sure.

Zornhed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:14 AM   #27
Sabatic

10th Anniversary EQ T-Shirt

Sabaticus

Sabatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:24 AM   #28
Calthine

SOE Community Council

PineGold wrote:

My work schedule was changed I can not go to fan faire; can I send a check for shipping my " swag" stuff in the mail to my home please? 

Will the store have the same stuff as on line store does now; except for swag?

I know SOE usually uses FedEx, but I have in the past stuffed the entire contents of a swag bag into a USPS Priority medium Flat Rate box SMILEY

Calthine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:02 AM   #29
Ylyrra

Happy Camper

Plush replicas of in-game animals, pets, etc. is a great idea along with many of the others suggested here.  Glasses/mugs, pins, key chains, etc.

Ylyrra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 02:43 AM   #30
Linyar

The Quiet Type

I second every suggestion here.

Mostly, the great thing, Ashlanne, is that you're asking for ideas.  I thought last years Phat Lewt Store was nerfed.  Would love coffee cups, mouse pads, clothing (size medium!).  I come to FanFaire with cash burning a hole in my pocket.  What SOE doesn't get from me, Bally's will, so have some stuff for sale!!

SMILEY

Linyar is offline   Reply With Quote