EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > General (CoE Beta) > Itemization / Spirit Stones
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-22-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
Maevianiu

Developer

Not all of the fixes are in on spirit stones so we have a few known issues you might find such as:

• You are say, level 20 or 30 and have your spirit stone on your item and working on xp but it never seems to level? We have placeholder xp tables for the lower level items right now that ummm... require insane amounts of xp. We will be updating those shortly.
  • You might notice that when your spirit stone does level up, and you re-examine your item that it shows the new stats, but when you examine the spirit stone attached to the item it still shows level 0 and 0% progress. This is also being looked at.
  • Right now, spirit stones lose their experience when removed from an item. That will also be fixed.

Coder EQ2
Maevianiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #2
melaine_dvarvensplitter

Loremaster

NVM.. I figured it out.

melaine_dvarvensplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 08:42 PM   #3
ZUES

Loremaster

I would like to add that I'm disappointed to see the slot availability for the stones. A major problem we have right now is not enough drunder and POW gear drops that actually accepts all those pesky red adorns that drop from every named. Please consider removing the slot requirement for spirit stones. Let us use them... please...

Oh and all of us that got to beta with our raid geared toons had one thing in common, all of our necks were the only green slotted item. Reason?

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:04 PM   #4
LizardKin

Loremaster

For those of us who are not raiders, I presume there will be a fair amount of Heroic-grade gear that will support the green adornments at various tiers?

LizardKin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #5
melaine_dvarvensplitter

Loremaster

LizardKin wrote:

For those of us who are not raiders, I presume there will be a fair amount of Heroic-grade gear that will support the green adornments at various tiers?

This^^^^

melaine_dvarvensplitter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
Shotneedle

Loremaster

All necks ever made in the history of eq2 seem to have green slots.

All 93+ rings I've seen have green slots.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:53 AM   #7
barus

Loremaster

92 avatar rings also need a green slot if u ask me

barus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:31 PM   #8
Chronus1

Loremaster

Can you adorn green slots on the level 90 pow necks even though the spirit stones are level 92 or does it work like a normal adornment? If like a normal all PoW gear needs to be made 92 or all Spirit stones need to be allowed to be adorned on level 90 gear imo.

Also the old hm sullon's neck doesn't have a green slot, feelsbadman.

Old 10-25-2012, 05:29 PM   #9
Maevianiu

Developer

There will be spirit stones for all levels and solo, heroic and raid versions. They will be limited to only necks, and rings for this expansion but there will be more in the future.

I just fixed the Spirit Level and Progress amounts in the examine windows. You should see that with the next beta update.

Coder EQ2
Maevianiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:41 PM   #10
Rhita
Server: Unrest
Guild: Shoukin

Loremaster

So doing quests I got my first spirit stone, I am rather disappointed that I can not put a spirit stone on my PoW end game raid content neck because it is lvl 90 and the spirit stone is lvl 92. PoW gear is end game and at the very least the necks and rings should be lvl 92 so we can put spirit stones on them.

Old 10-25-2012, 06:54 PM   #11
ZUES

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So doing quests I got my first spirit stone, I am rather disappointed that I can not put a spirit stone on my PoW end game raid content neck because it is lvl 90 and the spirit stone is lvl 92. PoW gear is end game and at the very least the necks and rings should be lvl 92 so we can put spirit stones on them.

This. Even though it's level 90 there is no better gear currently in the game. Not to mention it's the hardest raid progression zone and you guys made it so. This gear might have to last us awhile and should be spirit stone worthy.

ZUES is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:33 PM   #12
KenCoop

Loremaster

ZUES wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This. Even though it's level 90 there is no better gear currently in the game. Not to mention it's the hardest raid progression zone and you guys made it so. This gear might have to last us awhile and should be spirit stone worthy.

+1

IMHO, PoW and HM Drunder items should be able to have at least the same level of green adornments on them as Skyshrine Gear.  At this point the gear is better in all four of those zones, and many of our raiders have HM Drunder ring sets.  Those items are upgrades over Skyshine and ST items, and to now not take them (or feel stupid taking them) because they will not take the highest tier green adornment and instead take lesser ring just seems silly.  Doesn't even touch the people that muted their UD/Sevalak rings after getting their Drunder HM/PoW rings.

Perhaps change the highest level green adorn to 90, so that it works in all the existing end-game gear, if that gear is intended to stay relevent?

KenCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 03:47 AM   #13
Meirril

Loremaster

Cleanest fix would be to just bump all of the PoW gear to 92. No stat change, just the level.

Meirril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:59 AM   #14
Shotneedle

Loremaster

Wouldn't change anything. Plenty of green adorns are 93+.

New necks/rings just need to be better than PoW. That's all.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:02 AM   #15
KenCoop

Loremaster

Still not seeing green slots on Drunder HM or Skyshine rings.  I know Kander said he was fixing the Avatar loot but I hope these are getting looked at too.

KenCoop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 05:50 PM   #16
Drumstix

Loremaster

Giant wall of text on these green adorns hurts my eye balls.

There's gotta be a better way to represent the data.Why not use a tooltip like it's comparing the current level to the max level?

I dunno... something to not cause eye bleeding SMILEY

[DrumsUI] author @ EQ2Interface.com
Drumstix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 06:17 PM   #17
Shotneedle

Loremaster

Best way would probably be total stats you have at current level, total stats you'll have at next level, and total stats you'll have at max level. But I'm not sure how easily doable that is with 4 days to launch.

Old 11-10-2012, 01:58 PM   #18
Arweena69

Loremaster

So I got one of the Prime Fortified Soul Trap adorns and the experience gain on it has been EXTREMELY SLOW like it's at 5% and I've gotten well over 50% on my Nebulous Reality Anchor.  With that kind of a curve it makes that adorn completely worthless.

Edit:  I just ran both of the Wurmbone Adv Solo zones without a merc and my adorn got a whole 1% XP from both zones SMILEY

Arweena69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #19
Arweena69

Loremaster

Still not getting all stats from green slot Adorn.  I have my Nebulous Reality Anchor at level 2 according to the adorn and when I examin it it says I should get +22 Str, +22 Agi, +22 Wis, +22 Int, +18 Sta but the ring I have it in only shows the +18 Str, +18 Agi, +18 Wis, +18 Int that the adorn had when I put it into the ring.  Also when I take the ring off I loose 18 Str not 22 ( there's no other Str on the ring which is why I checked that stat )

Looks like the Adorn is leveling properly but the ring isn't getting the increased stats correctly.

Edit: I would try removing the adorn and putting it into another piece of gear but it's in my Avatar ring and untill I'm done with the sig line I'm so NOT destroying that ring

Arweena69 is offline   Reply With Quote