EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-05-2017, 12:14 AM   #1
Axzsif

I have had several guild-mates talking about the new abilities from 101 to 110 are now like the ascension abilities. You cannot scribe a Master until your done and expert and so on down the chain. This needs to be put back to its original way...
Old 11-05-2017, 12:23 AM   #2
Imilla

I haven't seen any masters, but I have no problems scribing experts over apprentice.
Old 11-05-2017, 12:23 AM   #3
Shmogre

Not a bug, the devs have said that this is intentional. As you said, you need to scribe the prior tier first.
Shmogre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2017, 12:40 AM   #4
Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr

yeah,.. read: Time Sink(tm)
Old 11-05-2017, 01:06 AM   #5
Axzsif

Yeah... less of a time sink and more of a pay to win situation... This is a reason to quit the game. Poor or lazy development. The previous system was effective and all of this is pointless gating for no reason.

I would like a logical explanation for this other than give more money. The people playing this game are your loyal customers sticking it to them like this is irresponsible development.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:17 AM   #6
Shmogre

The good news is that a few folks have told me that they were able to upgrade normal spells without needing the prior tiers (except for Grandmaster and Ancient, that hasn't changed).

I did some searching and found Gninja confirming that it hasn't changed for regular spells: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/for-pop-beta-folk.581361/page-2#post-6468800

Old 11-05-2017, 01:18 AM   #7
Axzsif

Yeah that is why I am asking if it is a bug.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:24 AM   #8
Shmogre

Has anyone run into this directly? Or is it more of a "I heard this is how it is" thing? (The devs did say back in the April/May AMAs that they were looking into doing the upgrades that way (which caused much consternation), then confirmed in October that it wasn't changing.)

If anyone has run into this directly, be sure to /bug it and/or post it in the forums so we can find out if it's intended. I'm super curious as well.
Old 11-05-2017, 01:42 AM   #9
Ceyarrecks Wunnfirr

actually, while the DEVs may have input on the "how" various features are implemented, it is well understood that Upper Management and/or Parent Company are the ones driving the "wring those worms for all they got!" mentality,... failing to realize that "leadership is destroyed for want of subjects."
Old 11-05-2017, 05:40 PM   #10
maxximum

Upgraded a bunch of my spells straight from apprentice to expert, must be a bug.
Old 11-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #11
Gninja

Developer

Can you be more specific about what spells are acting this way? If you are seeing normal profession abilities (101-110) not able to be scribed without the previous tier, it is most definitely a bug. We need to know details though to track down which spells are not setup correctly.
Gninja is offline   Reply With Quote