EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Kunark Ascending Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-12-2016, 01:42 PM   #1
Kittybock

I know how to switch TO Full Download, but where is option to go back to streaming?

Started the Download yesterday in Streaming, got in and game seemed choppy, due to background DL. Set it to Full, walked away. Beta was running great thereafter.

Beta Server is down, atm. So, transitioning back to Live server is a PITA, as I see no option to go back to streaming, once I've changed to Full. I'd rather be on Streaming, if moving between versions.
  • There has to be a place to reset to streaming...what am I missing?
Old 10-12-2016, 02:33 PM   #2
Kittybock

Per a comment in Discord, "there is no reason to ever go back to streaming", I wanted to elaborate. Yes, I know there are instructions on how to "shorten the time" swapping, on Feldon's site. However, what I am asking (and we had a couple guildies ask the same thing) Can you change the setting back to Streaming, after you've chosen Full?
  • One of the ladies in our guild is on a slow connection, folks told her Full Download, She then found no way to set it back, so her DL was interminable.
Old 10-12-2016, 02:39 PM   #3
Cheesenabber

Found this in a google search, it's REALLY old though.

These are the differences between the full/streaming client configuration files. Pass along this info and let me know if changing the configuration stops it from streaming or vice versa.
LaunchPad.ini (whole file contents)
Streaming:
[Settings]
appName=EverQuest II
appIcon=EQII.ico
id=eq2
width=915
height=618
options=full:0

Full Assets:
[Settings]
appName=EverQuest II
appIcon=EQII.ico
id=eq2
width=915
height=618
options=tcg:1,full:1
ARCHIVED-TSR-JoshuaM, Dec 5, 2011
Old 10-12-2016, 02:41 PM   #4
Cheesenabber

The url to the old forum post (I hope that's ok?)
https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq2/index.php?threads/streaming-client-vs-full.520029/
Old 10-12-2016, 03:45 PM   #5
Kittybock

Thanks. Tried that. did not go back to streaming. That said, I noticed that hubby's PC included the following in settings, but mine did not, nor did that of another guildie.

appName=EverQuest II
appIcon=EQII.ico
id=eq2
width=915
height=700
options=full:1

Mine was missing the digesturl line, as well as the options line.

changed mine to:
appName=EverQuest II
appIcon=EQII.ico
id=eq2
width=915
height=700
options=full:0

no change. perhaps this is no longer applicable and/ or once you've done a full DL of one version or another?

Ah well, we tried.
Old 10-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #6
Kittybock

Disregard my post.

It took just a few minutes to install a second version of the game to another drive. Much faster than this changing back n forth. Will use that for Beta.