EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Chains of Eternity Beta > Classes (CoE Beta) > Priest
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 11-02-2012, 08:13 PM   #61
Boduar69

Loremaster

Hmm I wonder if templars will be able to solo heal the majority of OTs for this next xpac.  Obviously it depends on the fight whether a single healer is capable but seeing as at least a few fights were solo healable as an inquis it would make sense for a templar that can now cure everything at least on the majority of fights to be able to solo heal OT and be able to add another T1 DPSer to the raid as opposed to a 2nd healer.  

Keep in mind wards are usually not necessary for secondary tank since they are usually just deal with large amounts of adds.  The only real threat to this ability would be the large amount of multiattacks possibly on some encounters but again im only theorizing some situations.  Currently the idea of a templar solo healing a tank group is as laughable as them healing a DPS group since they cant keep up in cures. 

Edit:  Since this is about prestiges the main new ones im talking about contributing to this is faster cure and actually the reduction on divine guidance CD (which everyone else apparently thinks is terrible but I think is great since combined with all the other nifty stuff it reduces any gaps where you dont have something up besides normal reactives).

Old 11-02-2012, 08:43 PM   #62
Dahmer

Loremaster

Boduar69 wrote:

Hmm I wonder if templars will be able to solo heal the majority of OTs for this next xpac.  Obviously it depends on the fight whether a single healer is capable but seeing as at least a few fights were solo healable as an inquis it would make sense for a templar that can now cure everything at least on the majority of fights to be able to solo heal OT and be able to add another T1 DPSer to the raid as opposed to a 2nd healer.  

Keep in mind wards are usually not necessary for secondary tank since they are usually just deal with large amounts of adds.  The only real threat to this ability would be the large amount of multiattacks possibly on some encounters but again im only theorizing some situations.  Currently the idea of a templar solo healing a tank group is as laughable as them healing a DPS group since they cant keep up in cures. 

At the moment no raid encounters have their proper buff packages, so we can't even begin to assume the timers of these aoes. 

Having a templar outside of an MT grp~ Will still make no sense over an inq or a warden. It has nothing to do with cures, and everything to do with lack of utility.

We are getting a little bit of potency that we can kinda maintain for the grp, but it is nothing in comparison to what other priests can bring.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:00 AM   #63
Hennyo

Loremaster

One thing in all this I just don't quite understand about the current direction of templar prestige is that many of them seem to be designed around helping in a situation where a tank is getting pummeled by a ton of auto attacks. The problem with this is that only really happens to an OT picking up adds, somewhere no one is using a templar. The point that adds become dangerous enough to warrant a templar, they become dangerous enough to warrant a full MT group. Now personally I have nothing against the idea of encounters where adds are so dangerous that they warrant the MT group over the named, but put such encounters into the game if your going to design templar prestige around such a mechanic. On a separate note, I still don't understand why certain individuals who have made it their goal for years, to do nothing but derail templar threads and prevent them from getting buffs, or just get them nerfed, are allowed to still post on this forum. These individuals have not added any constructive feedback in these forums since they have been here. The templar community should not have to suffer these individuals.
Old 11-03-2012, 10:02 AM   #64
Novusod

Loremaster

During SoE Live events it was mentioned that Templars would be allowed to cure just as fast as Inquisitors but it seems like the changes presented in this Beta have Templars short changed once again. The Templar second cure only takes off one set of detrimentals while the Inquis cure can take off two sets of detrimentals. With so many fights being cure centric this really isn't ballanced. When was the last time people used Templars to solo heal (cure) a group? I strongly recommend that they consider making both clerics equal when it comes to curing.

Old 11-03-2012, 12:39 PM   #65
Avirodar
Server: Oasis
Guild: Tyranny

Loremaster

Novusod wrote:

During SoE Live events it was mentioned that Templars would be allowed to cure just as fast as Inquisitors but it seems like the changes presented in this Beta have Templars short changed once again. The Templar second cure only takes off one set of detrimentals while the Inquis cure can take off two sets of detrimentals. With so many fights being cure centric this really isn't ballanced. When was the last time people used Templars to solo heal (cure) a group? I strongly recommend that they consider making both clerics equal when it comes to curing.

Singling out a strength of one class, while stomping the foot and demanding "equality", is an interesting perspective. It seems a lot of that has gone on in this thread.With so many fights being damage centric, is it balanced that Templars get repent, and Inquisitors do not?With so many fights being damage centric, is it balanced that Templars get a damage reduction, and Inqs do not?With so many fights being damage centric, is it balanced that Templar group resist buff also has magic damage reduction, and Inqs do not?With so many fights being damage centric, is it balanced that Templar reactives are bigger than Inquisitor reactives?There is a laundry list of stuff I can do on my Templar, that I wish I could do/have on my Inquisitor. It is the reason there is two seperate class types, not just a generic "cleric".If you want to try talking about classes you appear to know very little about, and chiming in about what is "balanced", try assessing the complete situation. Despite some people on this thread trying to convince themselves (and others) that life stinks for Templars, it is far from the truth. Templars are a powerful class, and a group cure on a 5s reuse rocks.If the shaman+Templar in the MTG are unable to handle cures, even with the upgraded 5s reuse group cure on the Templar, the problem is not class design, it is player skill.

Old 11-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #66
Novusod

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Singling out a strength of one class, while stomping the foot and demanding "equality", is an interesting perspective. It seems a lot of that has gone on in this thread.With so many fights being damage centric, is it balanced that Templars get repent, and Inquisitors do not?With so many fights being damage centric, is it balanced that Templars get a damage reduction, and Inqs do not?With so many fights being damage centric, is it balanced that Templar group resist buff also has magic damage reduction, and Inqs do not?With so many fights being damage centric, is it balanced that Templar reactives are bigger than Inquisitor reactives?There is a laundry list of stuff I can do on my Templar, that I wish I could do/have on my Inquisitor. It is the reason there is two seperate class types, not just a generic "cleric".If you want to try talking about classes you appear to know very little about, and chiming in about what is "balanced", try assessing the complete situation. Despite some people on this thread trying to convince themselves (and others) that life stinks for Templars, it is far from the truth. Templars are a powerful class, and a group cure on a 5s reuse rocks.If the shaman+Templar in the MTG are unable to handle cures, even with the upgraded 5s reuse group cure on the Templar, the problem is not class design, it is player skill.

Damage centric is relative, while curing is strictly a binary function. The detriment either gets cured off OR it doesn't, while the incoming damage can be survived if the gear check is met.

It has become increasingly common for main tank groups to be set up as Shaman + Inquisitor. There is no need for the larger heals of a Templar anymore. Templar's serve virtually no point anymore in the MTG. Yet at the same time nobody uses a Templar to solo heal other groups because they don't have the cures for it. Missed cures can mean the raid wiping. I was a raid leader in the past and never were Templars used outside of the MTG so I know what I am talking about in how groups set up. Your agruement here about this damage nonsence holds no water. The bottom line is Templars need to be able to cure as well as Inquisitors.

Old 11-03-2012, 04:48 PM   #67
Arweena69

Loremaster

So I'm finally at a point where I'm able to start testing out some of the new abilities.  Thoughts so far, Holy Army seems ok since it is a group potency increase, still not 100% sure how well it'll function in raids since we use a brawler MT so he does get hit less often.  

Divine Protection - Seems to me that the duration and/or HP threshold on this one makes it a bit less than useful for raids.  At least for my guild the tank rarely ends up below 50% HP unless he's dead.  I do like that it's a 45% reduction and can see where that would be really nice if the tank actualy went below 50% on a regular/semi-regular basis. As it stands now the only way I could see this ability being at all useful in raids is if it takes the preward damage that would have been done to the tank and if that damage would put the tank below 50% HP proc the damage reduction but I don't think it works that way.

As an alternative maybe change how the ranks modify this ability.  My idea would be something like the following

rank 1 - 50% chance to proc a 45% reduction when the tank is below 50% HP

rank 2 - 75% chance to proc a 30% reduction when the tank is below 75% HP

rank 3 - 100% chance to proc a 15% reduction when the tank is at full HP

With this at rank 3 the ability would actually be useful in a raid setting without being OP.  I would even consider a slightly lower proc chance on rank 3 to be acceptable given that the HP requirement would be removed.

Purification - I like that this ability attributes the damage to the Templar but would be nice if it had a small dmg reduction like the Myth buff at rank 3.  Make it something like a 5% reduction and return 15% of the reduced dmg.  As it stands right now this is a DPS ability on a line that's really more of a defensive setup IMO.

Just my 2cp ...

Old 11-03-2012, 05:14 PM   #68
PeterJohn

Loremaster

Novusod wrote:

Yes, they said at Fan Faire that templars would indeed be able (quoted from Dev) "to cure as fast as inquisitors". What they actually meant was that templars would be ALMOST able to cast their inferior group cure as fast as inqusitors can cast their superior group cures.

It is definitely inaccurate to say we can cure as fast. If 12 stacked dets hit your group, templars would take 12 casts every 5.5 seconds to cure them all, or 66 seconds. Inquisitors would take only 44 seconds to cure the same 12 stacked dets by alternating through their 2 group cures. This is assuming a usual recovery time of 0.5 seconds after casting your spell.

And this is still not taking into account inquistors having a group cure that can be cast with no power and while flying through the air or on the run, and also has a shorter casting time compared to the normal group cure.

Of course, if you make the templar group cure effect 2 dets, then the templar will actually be curing faster than the inquisitors, since only 1 of their group cures does the double det cure. The templar would then be able to remove 12 stacked dets in 6 casts or 33 seconds. So that is going to be too much to ask for. I think templars are just going to have to see how having the group cure recast twice as fast plays out in actual raid content before any further changes would be made.

So will templars be able to solo cure in raids? I guess we'll have to see how much focus on curing the Devs decided on  when designing the new raid content.

Old 11-03-2012, 06:22 PM   #69
Helmarf

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Novusod wrote:

The 5 second recast on group cure is the best or the only good thing that happend to the templar class for years, and it should easy up alot for us. I dont think we need it to cure more then what it currently does.

But the problem was "to many fights being cure centric" as healing and keeping a tank up now days are not the probelm for any healer class combo. Remember, its a totaly different story "again" being closer to the bosses, taking more damage, jousting further distances, timing HS/sanctuary, knowing that you only have 1 group cure on 10 sec recast with the risk of breaking your steadfast with lots of other things to consider and nothing to repair it with if now things should go bad  so the 5 sec recast on group cure is absolutely awsome, but still not op or even close in anyways to our counterpart that should make them jealous.

Old 11-03-2012, 08:37 PM   #70
Dahmer

Loremaster

[email protected]_old wrote:

So I'm finally at a point where I'm able to start testing out some of the new abilities.  Thoughts so far, Holy Army seems ok since it is a group potency increase, still not 100% sure how well it'll function in raids since we use a brawler MT so he does get hit less often.  

Divine Protection - Seems to me that the duration and/or HP threshold on this one makes it a bit less than useful for raids.  At least for my guild the tank rarely ends up below 50% HP unless he's dead.  I do like that it's a 45% reduction and can see where that would be really nice if the tank actualy went below 50% on a regular/semi-regular basis. As it stands now the only way I could see this ability being at all useful in raids is if it takes the preward damage that would have been done to the tank and if that damage would put the tank below 50% HP proc the damage reduction but I don't think it works that way.

As an alternative maybe change how the ranks modify this ability.  My idea would be something like the following

rank 1 - 50% chance to proc a 45% reduction when the tank is below 50% HP

rank 2 - 75% chance to proc a 30% reduction when the tank is below 75% HP

rank 3 - 100% chance to proc a 15% reduction when the tank is at full HP

With this at rank 3 the ability would actually be useful in a raid setting without being OP.  I would even consider a slightly lower proc chance on rank 3 to be acceptable given that the HP requirement would be removed.

Purification - I like that this ability attributes the damage to the Templar but would be nice if it had a small dmg reduction like the Myth buff at rank 3.  Make it something like a 5% reduction and return 15% of the reduced dmg.  As it stands right now this is a DPS ability on a line that's really more of a defensive setup IMO.

Just my 2cp ...

I agree something really does need to be adjusted with Divine Protection. In todays content if your tank is under 50% hp most likely they are going to die, and the 1.5 duration is just way to low to make this even something you would consider putting points in.

Old 11-04-2012, 04:34 AM   #71
Avirodar

Loremaster

Novusod wrote:

Damage centric is relative, while curing is strictly a binary function. The detriment either gets cured off OR it doesn't, while the incoming damage can be survived if the gear check is met.

It has become increasingly common for main tank groups to be set up as Shaman + Inquisitor. There is no need for the larger heals of a Templar anymore. Templar's serve virtually no point anymore in the MTG. Yet at the same time nobody uses a Templar to solo heal other groups because they don't have the cures for it. Missed cures can mean the raid wiping. I was a raid leader in the past and never were Templars used outside of the MTG so I know what I am talking about in how groups set up. Your agruement here about this damage nonsence holds no water. The bottom line is Templars need to be able to cure as well as Inquisitors.

Plenty of detriments can land on people, expire naturally, and not kill them. Many detrimentals can simply be healed through, so your whole theory about "binary function" bears no actual relevance.There is a benefit for the healing option of a Templar in the MTG. The quicker curse cure, repent, damage reductions, and bigger reactives, are all very useful tools for keeping tanks alive. It all adds up, and skilled templars provide notable benefit.Do you even have a max level+AA Templar? I am really curious, based on some of the things you have said.

Old 11-04-2012, 09:48 AM   #72
Helmarf

Loremaster

Ok this got to end here. Avi if you know playing a templar as your main as you have claimed here then you got to start posting some feedback about the templar prestige. I yet havent seen a single word from you about anything else then if someone writes the words inquisitor or group cure. Leaving a comment in the other post started by Arweena just shows what bad things you are up to here, so from now on you are ignored untill you post something that actually have something to do with templar prestiges and i do recomend everyone else to do the same.

If i was a dev reading these forums, i would go nuts, "omg not him again", because i had to spend to much valuable time reading your nonsence here when working with fixes for CoE!

The devs want take class comparations in to coe forums as that would be effecting a much larger area. So if templar is now your main, you shouldnt realy worrying about inq vs. temp should you?

Dude, its time for you to get out of the sandbox and grow up!

Old 11-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #73
Avirodar

Loremaster

Helmarf wrote:

Ok this got to end here. Avi if you know playing a templar as your main as you have claimed here then you got to start posting some feedback about the templar prestige. I yet havent seen a single word from you about anything else then if someone writes the words inquisitor or group cure. Leaving a comment in the other post started by Arweena just shows what bad things you are up to here, so from now on you are ignored untill you post something that actually have something to do with templar prestiges and i do recomend everyone else to do the same.

If i was a dev reading these forums, i would go nuts, "omg not him again", because i had to spend to much valuable time reading your nonsence here when working with fixes for CoE!

The devs want take class comparations in to coe forums as that would be effecting a much larger area. So if templar is now your main, you shouldnt realy worrying about inq vs. temp should you?

If you, or others, do not want to discuss it, don't bring it up.Your post illustrates the issue I mentioned, in the thread created by Arweena. Some people in the Templar community think comparisons to other classes (including abilities) should only be allowed, if it serves a one-sided agenda. Otherwise, it is deemed to be "nonsence" etc.And you're trying to tell me to get out of the sandbox and grow up?

Old 11-04-2012, 04:26 PM   #74
Boduar69

Loremaster

Personally I think your all a bit crazy.  I personally want inquisitors and templars to get as much good stuff as I can because with betrayal I can be either of them at will with little effort.  I played a templar in SF up until the point where we needed raidwide DPS more than a near unkillable MT.  I have recently been thinking back fondly on the times I spent lol'ing while everyone else was dying while MT group stayed rock solid because of all the nifty things templars have.  Both of the last 2 sets of prestiges give templars more and more goodies for keeping MT groups alive and if anything I would think templars would/should be more concerned about being replaced by a warden in the MT group than by an inquisitor(which you can just betray to).  

But Aviro as someone who really doesnt care whether templars or inquisitors get the better end of the stick I have to say your about twice as crazy as all the seemingly rabid templars in these threads and thats really saying something.

Anyways back to what I was originally saying that got discounted.  Even if a templar has 0 utility for increasing a groups DPS(which isnt true although it obviously doesnt match anywhere near other DPS healers) if they can instead create a group or raid that requires 1 less healer and 1 more DPS slot that will bring the overall raid DPS much higher than adding 10-15k to each person in the groups parse especially when DPSers now can easily do 500k+ depending on the fight.  If you dont understand the ability and desire to have less healers to get the same amount of healing done then I dont know what to say.  The prestiges IMO especially the faster group cure and slightly shorter CD on DG will allow this to happen.  The sanctify is alright but since the advantage I speak of is most likely on an adds tank it will get used up fairly quickly.  And for those wondering which fights im talking about ... War boar, Berik, Eriak are all good examples of a fight where I believe a templar could solo heal an OT while learning the fights (obviously after you get to the point where the fights take 2-3mins anyone can do it).  Tagrin may also be possible but those adds seem to multiattack a lot and the cures are a bit weird so im not sure even a 5 sec reuse would make up for not having 2.  Glokus also would not be friendly.  Not enough experience on commanders to make a decision either way.

Old 11-05-2012, 04:52 PM   #75
Daalilama
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Helmarf wrote:

Agreed...

PS Sorry I was awol last week or so from the feedback NJ got slammed pretty hard by hurricane sandy and just got power back up now...I'll take a look through the updates and play around bit but unless they seriously took into account many of our concerns when they first hit beta the prestige will be meh.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:46 PM   #76
PeterJohn

Loremaster

I am having problems with seeing the logic behind Divinity's Aid...

For 3 prestige points, we get the base Divitinty Aid which gives +30% on incoming direct heals on the target for 6 seconds. This just seems flat out terrible considering the majority of "heals" on a MT are in the form of wards, which are NOT affected by Divinity's Aid.

For 3 more additional points, we can get a small ward as part of the Divinity Aid. With a potency of 276% and crit bonus of 248%, this amounts to a ward of 4255, which will crit as a ward of 10278. This is about half of what my Supplicant Prayer (the single target reactive heal) would heal and basically what I will miss if the MT gets hit even ONCE while my Vital Intercession is down, since I had to let it expire to get Divinity Aid to proc. And the ward only lasts 6 seconds??? Heck even gear proc wards last 30 seconds.

This templar prestige tree is very underpowered. I don't see any reason for any templar to ever go down this line. There have to be some changes made here for it to ever be worth even considering.

Oh well, time for to test out the other half of the Prestige Tree in beta. SMILEY

Old 11-05-2012, 08:35 PM   #77
PeterJohn

Loremaster

Starting to test the left side of the Prestige Tree.

Seraph's Restoration. Noted that the direct heal component is not even as high as our normal Restoration spell that we get at 93 once that one is mastered. Not really a huge deal, but would be nice if the heal part of a prestige was at least as good as the spell it is replacing. Of course, Seraph's does get the reactive attached to it, so not a huge problem.

Unfortunately, Seraph's Restoration is the spell that is attached to the left side of the Prestige Tree. I found that spell useless when it first came out, and I still find it useless with this expansion. It is just not a spell I cast often enough and is such a low part of my heal parse. I've actually had a lot of fun this past expansion with Divine Fate (on right side of Prestige Tree) and seeing how many adds I could get it to land on at once in a raid. I'm going to miss that if I have to go with Seraph's if I choose to go left side of Prestige Tree.

Holy Army. Hmm interesting ability. I guess I'll having something to do while in between casting heals... Try to keep the Holy Army increment at 10 so the group gets the 21% potency buff. This is a nice utility spell for the group. Crit bonus would have been nicer considering the usual group makeup in a MT group. But this is a nice ability.

Gonna comment on Divine Protection. As noted in another earlier post elsewhere:

Divine Protection: When i read that this was a damage reduction i was so exited, it finally felt like the dev team really understood what the class was about. and than i tested it.

If you cast Sanctify while the target is under 50% hp or the target goes under 50% while Sanctify is maintained you have a % chance to proc a damage reduction.

Testing this was pretty difficult. why? Because the duration of the damage reduction is 1 second. 1 second.

Issues: Our offensive counterparts are getting a stoneskin, and we are getting a blink of the eye damage reduction.

Solution: In it's current form it is utterly useless, more so when you look at what our counterparts are getting in it's place. The best solution would be to increase the duration. signifcantly.

Someone seriously need to rethink this. On paper this sounds great but the duration is a complete joke and I agree this duration needs a serious jump up.

The damage reduction applies only when Sactify is cast and the MT is at 50% health or less, or when the MT takes damage while Sanctify is on resulting in health being 50% or less, which will reapply the damage reduction.

So if MT is at 45% health, you cast Sanctify for 1.5 seconds of damage reduction. Then 3 seconds later, tank takes another hit, using an increment of Sanctify and reapplying the damage reduction. Note that that hit 3 seconds after the first was NOT damage reduced because the first damage reduction proc had already expired. So not a very useful ability. Agree that the damage reduction is too short in duration.

The damage reflect seems pretty blah too. So I can see spending 3 points only on Sanctify, then 3 on Holy Army, and skipping any further points on left side of tree.

Old 11-05-2012, 08:57 PM   #78
Daalilama

Loremaster

PeterJohn wrote:

I am having problems with seeing the logic behind Divinity's Aid...

For 3 prestige points, we get the base Divitinty Aid which gives +30% on incoming direct heals on the target for 6 seconds. This just seems flat out terrible considering the majority of "heals" on a MT are in the form of wards, which are NOT affected by Divinity's Aid.

For 3 more additional points, we can get a small ward as part of the Divinity Aid. With a potency of 276% and crit bonus of 248%, this amounts to a ward of 4255, which will crit as a ward of 10278. This is about half of what my Supplicant Prayer (the single target reactive heal) would heal and basically what I will miss if the MT gets hit even ONCE while my Vital Intercession is down, since I had to let it expire to get Divinity Aid to proc. And the ward only lasts 6 seconds??? Heck even gear proc wards last 30 seconds.

This templar prestige tree is very underpowered. I don't see any reason for any templar to ever go down this line. There have to be some changes made here for it to ever be worth even considering.

Oh well, time for to test out the other half of the Prestige Tree in beta.

I agree still pondering if it would be better to also include our group reactive in this as well...concerned about the whole mechanic tbh but with that said the ward subproc is nice but still seems meh even after its allowed to crit now.  Still say regardless that the ward subproc should be group wide.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 PM   #79
Helmarf

Loremaster

Feels like just the 2 things in middle is worth it, the rest is atm just to random to be usefull.

Old 11-05-2012, 11:07 PM   #80
PeterJohn

Loremaster

It looks like from Xelgad's post earlier today that the mechanics of all the prestige abilities might be set now. Only the numbers are going to be tweaked for balance purposes. Not sure if I interpreted the post correct, I hope I am wrong.

Assuming I can not change anything other than numbers, here is what I would change to make the new abilities worthwhile:

• Sanctify - nice, leave this one alone.
  • Purification - useless IMO unless they are going to make mobs churn out tons of magic damage.
  • Holy Armor - nice, leave this one alone.
  • Divine Protection - increase duration of damage reduction from 1.5 seconds (way way too short) to 5 seconds. It's a damage reduction, not a stoneskin! *cough* *cough*
  • Holy Guide - well balances, leave this one alone.
  • Divinity's Aid - make it effect size of single target wards cast on the target too. But if no mechanic change allowed, then increase duration to 10 seconds.
  • Divinity's Punishment - would be fine, if Divinity's Aid were increased to 10 seconds as above.
  • Divine Mana - would be fine, if Divinity's Aid were increased to 10 seconds as above.
  • Barrier of Divinity - needs boost to match what will probably be at least one lost reactive heal. Perhaps have it ward twice that of the max reactive single target heal would have been.

Still not a fan of Divinity's Aid increasing incoming heals by 30%.... I would make Divinity's Aid be the ward effect, and then Barrier of Divinity suboption would be something else...

Old 11-06-2012, 09:24 PM   #81
Daalilama

Loremaster

PeterJohn wrote:

It looks like from Xelgad's post earlier today that the mechanics of all the prestige abilities might be set now. Only the numbers are going to be tweaked for balance purposes. Not sure if I interpreted the post correct, I hope I am wrong.

Assuming I can not change anything other than numbers, here is what I would change to make the new abilities worthwhile:

• Sanctify - nice, leave this one alone.
  • Purification - useless IMO unless they are going to make mobs churn out tons of magic damage.
  • Holy Armor - nice, leave this one alone.
  • Divine Protection - increase duration of damage reduction from 1.5 seconds (way way too short) to 5 seconds. It's a damage reduction, not a stoneskin! *cough* *cough*
  • Holy Guide - well balances, leave this one alone.
  • Divinity's Aid - make it effect size of single target wards cast on the target too. But if no mechanic change allowed, then increase duration to 10 seconds.
  • Divinity's Punishment - would be fine, if Divinity's Aid were increased to 10 seconds as above.
  • Divine Mana - would be fine, if Divinity's Aid were increased to 10 seconds as above.
  • Barrier of Divinity - needs boost to match what will probably be at least one lost reactive heal. Perhaps have it ward twice that of the max reactive single target heal would have been.

Still not a fan of Divinity's Aid increasing incoming heals by 30%.... I would make Divinity's Aid be the ward effect, and then Barrier of Divinity suboption would be something else...

Divine Mana unless its been tweaked is only .4% power per point when it goes off still too low imo...should be 1% per point.  Templars have no inate ability for power regen and this is a great idea just needs to be tweaked on power regen amount.  1% from .4% is much better and still not a overpowered request.

Divine Protection is near useless at 1.5 second duration.  Agree changing this to 5 - 7 seconds would be much better.

Barrier of Divinity: agree while its nice Xelgad changed this ability to crit the base amount is again too low.  If the mechanics are not going to change to make this a group ward (decent base amount + crit) then this ability needs it base raised and still allowed to crit.

I do like the idea of switching barrier's ward subproc to divinitys aid but dont have an idea of what to do with barrier...

Old 11-07-2012, 03:59 AM   #82
Helmarf

Loremaster

Still no changes on update notes and only a couple of days left so i guess this is what we get /sigh.

Old 11-07-2012, 12:22 PM   #83
Daalilama

Loremaster

Helmarf wrote:

Still no changes on update notes and only a couple of days left so i guess this is what we get /sigh.

Considering how much nearly all other classes have had their prestige abilities tweaked with every beta update compared to the templars who have had nearly nothing addressed I believe theres a better than adverage chance we are getting ignored again...tbh we should be used to this already since past feedbacks are any indicator...

• Since DoV launch we have been consistently ignored on our too numerous to count concerns with our class
  • Skyshrine test feedback on our initial prestige (the largest feedback of any class) was nearly ignored and we were only able to get about 1/3rd of our concerns addressed
  • CoE prestige feedback (again one of the largest feedbacks) is nearly totally ignored with very few issues addressed.

Sigh would be nice if we had some feedback from the developers on our concerns but when they tend to play SK's/Furies...cant expect them to understand the problems with this class since not one developer actually plays one.  Don't believe me, review the beta updates since CoE was pushed on to it and see how much the other classes prestiges were tweaked.  It shows an intentional disregard.

Old 11-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #84
PeterJohn

Loremaster

I have to wonder to what degree having zero devs who raid with a templar has on the amount of attention templars get. This is probably why we see some prestige abilities that go completely against how a raiding templar plays, ie Seraph's Restoration (do any templars really spam that heal?) and our single target reactives having to expire to trigger a prestige ability (do you ever let your reactives expire in raids?).

Xelgad, come play a templar! SMILEY

Old 11-07-2012, 03:13 PM   #85
inspire1444568

Loremaster

The epic confrontation ...   reactives against wards 

But! Before you take someone's side, you also think about the opposition of "stoneskin against anything" and "buffs vs buffs"

Something more is necessary in heroic instanses, and another - in raids 

Old 11-07-2012, 04:35 PM   #86
Daalilama

Loremaster

inspire1444568 wrote:

The epic confrontation ...   reactives against wards 

But! Before you take someone's side, you also think about the opposition of "stoneskin against anything" and "buffs vs buffs"

Something more is necessary in heroic instanses, and another - in raids 

Reactives have always been the redheaded stepchild in game while very useful most including the devs forget that current mechanics tend to burn triggers for no heal (flurry attacks anyone?).  Current temp prestige as suggested in this feedback is at best meh...low duration of subprocs (1.5 secs are you serious?), low damage amounts, etc.  As I said above it would really be nice to have a dev who actually plays our long forgotten class have a hand in designing the prestiges and a hard look at the class...currently that is something that is never going to happen.

Old 11-07-2012, 05:57 PM   #87
Helmarf

Loremaster

Time to grab the torches and pitchforks, you know where to start 

If nothing happends to Divine protection to a increased duration to 5 seconds and Divinitys aid changed to group reactive or increase the duration to 10 second for singel reactive in the next 2 days we are being ignored.

Old 11-07-2012, 07:19 PM   #88
Wilin

Loremaster

They mentioned a couple of days ago that they would do a round of priest prestige changes on Wed(today).

So, I'm hoping we see something some time today.

Old 11-07-2012, 09:29 PM   #89
PeterJohn

Loremaster

Xelgad posted today:

We were hoping to adjustments for all priests in the patch today, but the Defiler, Fury, and Warden changes aren't going to make it in until tomorrow. Just wanted to keep you guys in the loop!

So it looks like the templar fixes made it in, but the defiler, fury, warden ones are not done yet. So we won't get to see the templar changes until those priests also get done. Can't wait! SMILEY

Old 11-07-2012, 11:14 PM   #90
Wilin

Loremaster

Templar

Divinity's Aid and Divinity's Punishment should now have visual FX indicating they triggered.

Wraith of Divinity now allows Involuntary Gift, Mark of Divinity, Healing Fate and Divine Fate to apply ain incremental effect to the templar. When the templar casts damage spells with this effect, they deal additional divine damage.

Purification is now a damage shield that applies when Sanctify is cast. It can only trigger once every 3 seconds.

Divinity's Punishment has had its damage dramatically increased.

Barrier of Divinity has had its ward amount doubled.

Divine Protection now lasts for 6 seconds but cannot trigger on the same target again for 60 seconds.

Holy Army is now 0.5 potency per rank per increment.