EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-28-2011, 01:16 PM   #1
circusgirl

Loremaster

Her stats are lovely, and I adore them.  That much is wonderful.  Unfortunately, as a mount she is completely inferior to all of the low-level merchant bought ground mounts due to the recent homogenezation of mount stats.  A rare drop from a raid kill should not have the same ground speed as a quested or marketplace bought mount that anyone can get their hands on.  People like progression--I shouldn't swap to my new shiny rare mount only to find my speed drop dramatically.  Please up Crysta to match the ground speed of ground mounts.

circusgirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:32 PM   #2
SonnyA

Loremaster

But Crysta is a flying mount. You can't compare a flying mount to a ground mount. And it has same speed as other flying mounts.

SonnyA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 02:31 PM   #3
Banditman

Loremaster

SonnyA wrote:

But Crysta is a flying mount. You can't compare a flying mount to a ground mount. And it has same speed as other flying mounts.

QFE.

Old 06-28-2011, 02:44 PM   #4
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

A rare drop from a raid

qfe

See I can play this qfe game too.....

What funny is with this mount on in the raid zone it drops, you will run slower than everyone else.

Could care less that it flys, the stats do you no good while you are flying anyway.......

Old 06-28-2011, 04:32 PM   #5
Loldawg
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

yeh - the problem is that you can't fly in raid zones - so when you're moving from mob to mob - people are always waiting on the slow poke w/ the crysta mount. 

what's funny is that Keshik was linking you last night Paill - and he's like - "tomorrow you can link paill - he's so slow!". LOL

Old 06-28-2011, 04:38 PM   #6
Bremer

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

SonnyA wrote:

QFE.

Exactly. And there are so many raid zones where you benefit from flying mounts SMILEY

Bremer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 04:49 PM   #7
circusgirl

Loremaster

Bremer wrote:

Banditman wrote:

SonnyA wrote:

QFE.

Exactly. And there are so many raid zones where you benefit from flying mounts

The problem is that while most of the new raid zones do permit mounts, they do not permit flying.  So if you have Crysta, a raid mount, designed to be worn during raids, then she is no better than a ground mount.  You can't take off with her to take advantage of her faster air speed, you can only use her as a ground mount.  A slow ground mount.  

If they put in a merchant that let us trade Crysta in for a ground mount with the same combat stats I would do so in a heartbeat.  I can't fly in a raidzone, and even if I could you can't fight when flying, so there's absolutely no benefit to having the high stat mob be a flying mount, only detriments.

Would it really be so unbalancing to have a raid dropped item with a 1% drop chance have a high ground speed?  Even the guilds that farm Throne every time it's unlocked won't be able to get her for every member before the next expansion.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:05 PM   #8
Bremer

Loremaster

Bremer wrote:

Banditman wrote:

SonnyA wrote:

QFE.

Exactly. And there are so many raid zones where you benefit from flying mounts

The problem is that while most of the new raid zones do permit mounts, they do not permit flying.

You got the irony. In raid zones the raid mount just has only half the speed of all other mounts and it can't fly.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:19 PM   #9
circusgirl

Loremaster

There are several ways they could fix this, even if they're unwilling to allow a flyng mount to move fast on the ground.  As I see it, the options are as follows:

1. Just up Crysta/Glacia's ground speed.  They are rare and require much more investment than any other flying mount, so it is okay if they are better than other flying mounts.
  2. Give us an option when we inspect the whistle to "Clip Crysta's Wings."  This turns her into a ground mount with the regular ground mount run sped, and takes away her flight.  Right clicking the grounded Crysta gives you the option to let her wings grow out again, turning her back into a flying mount.
  3. Put a merchant somewhere that sells a ground mount with equivalent stats to Crysta/Glacia for the cost of the whistle and 10pp.  Use a pre-existing mount so the art team doesn't have to do any work, such as the wolf mount.  This merchant would also sell you Crysta/Glacia back...in exchange for the ground mount they gave you and another 10pp.

Old 06-28-2011, 05:28 PM   #10
Bremer

Loremaster

It's a general flaw in their logic. They said, that flying mounts are slower, because they fly faster. But they forgot, that there are places where you can't fly (guild halls, cities, raid zones, battleground, certain overland zones, etc). They should just give flying mounts the same ground speed like any other mount.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:29 PM   #11
NViDiaFReaK

Loremaster

Bremer wrote:
It's a general flaw in their logic. They said, that flying mounts are slower, because they fly faster. But they forgot, that there are places where you can't fly (guild halls, cities, raid zones, battleground, certain overland zones, etc). They should just give flying mounts the same ground speed like any other mount.
QFE
Old 06-28-2011, 09:35 PM   #12
Barx
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Mayhem

Loremaster

Both the air and ground speed should be improved by ~10%. This is a raid drop mount that is ridiculously rare, there is no reason that it should not be slightly faster than the multitude of easy-to-get-mounts. Taking the easy route in updating old content mounts is one thing, but this is current content and ultra-rare, it should be better beyond just the stats on it.

Barx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:30 PM   #13
Felshades

Loremaster

You want to know why they probably don't allow flying in the raid zones?

Because yall would just skip the trash. Unless they make it so that you aggro it 50 miles up in the air, they're not going to give you the ability to just skip the trash.

That said, I've not seen either of those mounts yet. Anyone got an image link?

Felshades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 10:58 PM   #14
slippery

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Because yall would just skip the trash. Unless they make it so that you aggro it 50 miles up in the air, they're not going to give you the ability to just skip the trash.

No one cares about flying on this mount.

I'm the MT for my guild. I have this mount. The stats on this mount are important, that is crit chance I need to crit and more hp, not to mention the potency and bonus. For me to wear this mount means everyone runs right by me like I'm standing still. Not to mention the absurd rarity.

Plus the fact that since flying mounts glide (well, they don't anymore, that seems to have been broken?) I can't wear the raid mount on any mob that knocks because I have no way to fast fall to the ground. So I'll just sit up in the air while the mob beats on me and the dot ticks and I die slow falling back down. Great flying mount.

They seem to have forgot along the way that the made mounts an equipment slot that gives stats other than runspeed.

This whole mount speed change was ill-conceived and poorly thought through. I thought Leapers where supposed to be a stepping stone to make you want the flying mounts more? Something you could get at low levels to tide you over, not the fastest means of travel you'll obtain in the game. Something you get at 30 and can do in no time, nevermind the thing you have wait till level 85 for, and then have to wait for a timer between quests (a time which is so serious and important that we'll suspend a few hundred people for skipping it). It is a complete and utter joke.

Edit: We should just be given 4 mount slots, 1 for each type of mount. Take the actual stats from the one that gives the most. Tie the keys that do different things (Leap, Glide, Fly) to different controls, and let whichever we are determine which mount it comes from. It's a magical world after all right (one in which griffons get left behind by Crusader fun spells even!)

Old 06-28-2011, 11:16 PM   #15
Finora

Tester

I don't even raid anymore and will never see this mount and I agree 100% that it should have the same ground speed as the SC ground mounts at least (that's the 135 ones). You shouldn't feel like you are downgrading when you get something that is supposed to be a cool raid drop.

I also have to ask was it some bug that the leapers have a 200 flight speed? When the actual flyers have 150? I sent feedback. It is a bit silly.

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 01:18 AM   #16
circusgirl

Loremaster

slippery wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

I'm the MT for my guild. I have this mount. The stats on this mount are important, that is crit chance I need to crit and more hp, not to mention the potency and bonus. For me to wear this mount means everyone runs right by me like I'm standing still. Not to mention the absurd rarity.

Plus the fact that since flying mounts glide (well, they don't anymore, that seems to have been broken?) I can't wear the raid mount on any mob that knocks because I have no way to fast fall to the ground. So I'll just sit up in the air while the mob beats on me and the dot ticks and I die slow falling back down. Great flying mount.

They seem to have forgot along the way that the made mounts an equipment slot that gives stats other than runspeed.

This whole mount speed change was ill-conceived and poorly thought through. I thought Leapers where supposed to be a stepping stone to make you want the flying mounts more? Something you could get at low levels to tide you over, not the fastest means of travel you'll obtain in the game. Something you get at 30 and can do in no time, nevermind the thing you have wait till level 85 for, and then have to wait for a timer between quests (a time which is so serious and important that we'll suspend a few hundred people for skipping it). It is a complete and utter joke.

Edit: We should just be given 4 mount slots, 1 for each type of mount. Take the actual stats from the one that gives the most. Tie the keys that do different things (Leap, Glide, Fly) to different controls, and let whichever we are determine which mount it comes from. It's a magical world after all right (one in which griffons get left behind by Crusader fun spells even!)

Slippery hit the nail on the head here.  Trying to raid while mounted is really, really not fun.  I nearly wiped us on the statue because being on a gryphon slows you down when you're backing up to joust away from mobs--I had to cancel it mid-fight and lose the stats until I could figure out a workaround.  If Crysta were a ground mount then I could just hide her and not have to deal with all the problems that come with being mounted.  

I don't think we need multiple mount slots.  We just need to be able to hide ALL mounts in raid zones and have the best mounts available in game actually be the best.

Old 06-29-2011, 02:41 AM   #17
Dark_fairy

Loremaster

slippery wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Slippery hit the nail on the head here.  Trying to raid while mounted is really, really not fun.  I nearly wiped us on the statue because being on a gryphon slows you down when you're backing up to joust away from mobs--I had to cancel it mid-fight and lose the stats until I could figure out a workaround.  If Crysta were a ground mount then I could just hide her and not have to deal with all the problems that come with being mounted.  

I don't think we need multiple mount slots.  We just need to be able to hide ALL mounts in raid zones and have the best mounts available in game actually be the best.

change the option to hide mounts when in battle. Then when fighting the griffon will poof.

Dark_fairy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 03:01 AM   #18
Morghus

Loremaster

Considering how rare the mount is, it and any future raid dropped mounts definitely need some changes to be worthwhile. At its current rarity, it might not even be possible to outfit 24 people with one even while farming the zone twice a week for many, many months simply due to the drop rate.

Morghus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
circusgirl

Loremaster

Dark_fairy wrote:

slippery wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

change the option to hide mounts when in battle. Then when fighting the griffon will poof.

That's the workaround I eventually settled on so that I could at least have her stats when raiding without it crippling my ability to complete the scripts.  The ground speed is still hugely detrimental though.  Honestly, I wouldn't mind at all if she were a ground mount--I'm not fighting things when I'm flying, so there's no need to have a high stat mount fly.  I would be thrilled to trade her flight for the ground speed of other mounts.

Though frankly, she shouldn't just have regular groundspeed.  She should be faster than other mounts, period.  This is supposed to be the best mount in game.

Edit: As an aside, can I say that it is absolutely ridiculous that "always hide mounts" doesn't hide flying mounts in combat while "hide mounts in combat" does?  

Old 06-29-2011, 05:51 PM   #20
Gungo

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

A rare drop from a raid

qfe

What funny is with this mount on in the raid zone it drops, you will run slower than everyone else.

Could care less that it flys, the stats do you no good while you are flying anyway.......

No you wont bard run speed was increased everyone will run at 97%+ unless they use a non stat SC mount which is useless.

Gungo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 08:02 PM   #21
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

A rare drop from a raid

qfe

No you wont bard run speed was increased everyone will run at 97%+ unless they use a non stat SC mount which is useless.

Do you even raid?

Serious question, because after a wipe how many times does everyone respawn & render exactly at the same time and really all run back to the pull spot together in group buff range?

It doesnt take very many seconds for someone with (97%..... err 130%) run speed to bolt out of group buff range before the rest of the group renders after a revive.

Old 06-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #22
circusgirl

Loremaster

And even if we all did respawn at exactly the same time right next to a bard...97% is still significantly less than 130%.

Old 06-29-2011, 09:33 PM   #23
slippery

Loremaster

And is only 97% with aa's.