EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-08-2012, 05:46 PM   #1
Charmnevac
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Taylor Gang
Rank: Wiz Khalifa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 97
Default

I'm curious. I don't know if many people will be playing at 92 for obvious reasons, like t10 is super lame, but I know some people are gonna play some t9 pvp. Just curious to see who is going to do it.

Charm, Dubble, Lilwhite, Froggleg, Natthan, Ssofa, Rawbin, Saina - These are people I'll probably be playing with. Let me know who's playing please kay thanks!

Charmnevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 02:23 PM   #2
japanfour

Loremaster
japanfour's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 119
Default

sounds like you guys are locking at 85 to take advantage of the people locking at 80. T10 is lame to you because you probably havent really experienced it, but oddly enough you have plenty of assumptions about how it pales in comparison to the previous tier at the moment.

I think with the update its going to be not much different all around and you are just finding an excuse to take the upper hand at something in this game, which is odd because in alot of threads here and on flames you are trying to complain about balance and talk about how the previous tiers were better than the current one( locking at a tier/level you consider over powered and lame to capitalize on the tier that you supposedly used to enjoy). It just sounds like you are preaching to one side and trying to take advantage of whatever you preach on the other side. If you really want balance ( which i honestly dont believe you do) you wouldnt be looking for ways to take advantage of something that is trying to be balanced. People like you just help perpetuate the problems in this game, unlike trying to fix them.

If you really like this game, try and help fix the game instead of fixing it for yourself.

__________________


japanfour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:45 PM   #3
Charmnevac
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Taylor Gang
Rank: Wiz Khalifa

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 97
Default

We didn't go 85 with the intention of having "the upper hand" on other players. We all destroyed ROK and TSO when the cap was 80, both in PVE and PVP. We are going exile again, and the reason for being 85 isn't to eliminate the pvp competition in our tier. We will be able to be attacked by t10 players, and if we are level 85 we will have the heroic AA's and be able to stand somewhat of a chance instead of getting completely rolled. I objected to the idea of 85 personally, but the decision was made before I came back to play.

You don't know anything about my ideas on PVP obviously. I would prefer a much more balanced system than what we currently have, and I have never liked the idea of imbalance. I could write a book on the imbalances of our system and ideas on how to fix them.

Luckily, your opinion on whether you think PVP balance truly matters to me or not isn't really something I'm concerned with, seeing as you can't do anything about it but complain due to ignorance of the actions i'm taking and why i'm taking them.

Charmnevac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 04:19 PM   #4
Kagink

Historian
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3
Default

I am going to lock my mystic at 85-89 for a few months after the patch, im currently locked at 80 now gearing and proabbaly wont be truly ready before patch.

I am excited.

Kagink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 05:09 PM   #5
Roald

Loremaster
Roald's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,417
Default

I have no clue why anyone would play at these levels. PvP is being completely rebalanced which will (hopefully) be relatively successful. What will make this update fail is if people spread out the player base even further.

__________________
Lickle

Milambers

Qtoon

Roald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:01 AM   #6
Seijin

Historian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
Default

I think you guys screwed up by locking 85. No one at 80 is going to want to fight 85s with the obvious advantages of the heroic tree. There will be no balance with your 85s vs 80s and there will be no balance with your 85s vs 92. All around a bad idea unless the toons were made for BGs and not pvp.

Seijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 10:19 AM   #7
Oobo
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Extinction Agenda
Rank: Hand of the Executioner

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 217
Default

lets not front here ONE BIT charm, the only reason you are going to 85 is so u have the AA advantage on those who are locking at 80, thats always been your MO...So lets just call it for what it is, but it will be lulz watching you get destroyed by 80s..HAHA

Oobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 09:32 PM   #8
ysslik

Loremaster
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 92
Default

Nope not locking but please keep buying my 80 adorns thay are flrying off the shelves ).Why lock at 85 your still in range of my 92s so guess well see you in wfs tokens tokens tokens ).

ysslik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 07:08 PM   #9
Azekah1

Loremaster
Azekah1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Posts: 1,887
Default

how many days, playing 2 hrs per night, would it take to get pvp ready for level 92?

Azekah1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #10
Cloakentuna

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 853
Default

ysslik wrote:

Nope not locking but please keep buying my 80 adorns thay are flrying off the shelves ).Why lock at 85 your still in range of my 92s so guess well see you in wfs tokens tokens tokens ).

Considering we are going exile, the 92s would kill us anyways.

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 08:18 PM   #11
Notsovilepriest
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Notsovilepriest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,184
Default

The whole 85 thing is because that is where my coercer was already paired with the fact we are exiling and wanted at least a little chance to fight the 92s that are inevitably going to gank us
__________________
Notsovilepriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:29 PM   #12
Loldawg
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Onyx
Rank: Recruits

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 253
Default

[email protected] wrote:

I have no clue why anyone would play at these levels. PvP is being completely rebalanced which will (hopefully) be relatively successful. What will make this update fail is if people spread out the player base even further.

Agreed.

If 92s will just gank the 85s then why even go there? You're disadvantaged against T10 and OP against T9. Makes no sense.

__________________
Loldawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 01:23 AM   #13
Seijin

Historian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
Default

It's obvious to everyone that you locked 85 to have the advantage over 80s. No one is stupid here. No 85 would stand a chance against a 92 so it had absolutely nothing to do with having a better chance at 92. You wanted to be 85 to have a 5 lvl advantage over those at 80, the advantage of the mythical conversion so you can use your myth and myth buff which both stack (yeah SoE you should fix that) and/or use another weapon and not be tied down to some bad myths that are like 2.5-3sec delay, as well as the fact that you would have the advantage of the heroic tree & be absolutely on top aa and gear wise in BGs. Funny thing is I have killed the 3 guildies of yours I have encountered so far me being at 80 and them being 85 and geared (I checked eq2u char search so don't deny it. Best 80s raid gear some even having avatar crap). You guys always were and always will be terrible no matter what advantages you seek to make up for lack of skill and/or pvp knowledge.

Inc lies tied in with epic rage...

Seijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 05:03 AM   #14
Notsovilepriest
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Ill Gotten Gain
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Notsovilepriest's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 2,184
Default

Believe what you want, but the truth is we are going 85 since my coercer was 85 already from back when locking in 85-89 range was acceptable for BGs. Also we knew we would exile even before we knew they would get rewards and 85 gives us a far better chance of self defense vs. 92 and have even killed some already. Also, to the person who said they almost beat 3 members they have met, all the gear we have now doesnt do anything for BG or PvP combat so we esentially have 0 stats for now vs people with PVP gear. If 85 was such a big deal people would level up too, but apparently people are scared more of 92s.
__________________
Notsovilepriest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 02:42 PM   #15
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Twinbladed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 468
Default

I don't see how people locking at 85 give's such a huge advantage, if you think because they are 85 you'll lose and it's all a motive to get ahead in the game, I see a serious flaw in your concern. One your doing the same thing. Why are you locking at 80 and talking down on someone for locking at 85? What's so even at 80? This isn't rok all the gear has been redone, so what make's 80 better than any other level. This game has been spread out. The goal was to put pvp all over the place. Unless they make change's to zone level's then they are taking as high of a risk playing as you are. I don't think your concerned about pvp either, I think your concerned that your following a trend and other people thought of a way to break it down, which leaves room for you not ot be on top. Let's be honest it doesn't matter what teir you play in, you will never see balance, everyone knows that. That's like asking a ranger to fight another scout up close, there's 0 logic behind it. Beside's what happens on test and what goes live is two different things. No one knows how the game is going to end up for pvp. Also keep in mind you can go 85 to, not like your limited, just because your following a trend doesn't make what your doing helpful to pvp either. Stop being all mad and see what happens.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2012, 10:12 PM   #16
Bloodrage

Master
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 51
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Also, to the person who said they almost beat 3 members they have met, all the gear we have now doesnt do anything for BG or PvP combat so we esentially have 0 stats for now vs people with PVP gear.

It still means alot. It gives them more damage procs, more heal procs, more ward procs, more dps mod, more atk speed, more immunity procs, the list goes on.

[email protected] wrote:

I don't see how people locking at 85 give's such a huge advantage, if you think because they are 85 you'll lose and it's all a motive to get ahead in the game, I see a serious flaw in your concern. One your doing the same thing. Why are you locking at 80 and talking down on someone for locking at 85? What's so even at 80? This isn't rok all the gear has been redone, so what make's 80 better than any other level. This game has been spread out. The goal was to put pvp all over the place. Unless they make change's to zone level's then they are taking as high of a risk playing as you are. I don't think your concerned about pvp either, I think your concerned that your following a trend and other people thought of a way to break it down, which leaves room for you not ot be on top. Let's be honest it doesn't matter what teir you play in, you will never see balance, everyone knows that. That's like asking a ranger to fight another scout up close, there's 0 logic behind it. Beside's what happens on test and what goes live is two different things. No one knows how the game is going to end up for pvp. Also keep in mind you can go 85 to, not like your limited, just because your following a trend doesn't make what your doing helpful to pvp either. Stop being all mad and see what happens.

I just explained all of the advantages. Example.. I killed some terrible ranger in Exalted then was talking to someone in QH right after and he double sniper shotted me and almost 1shotted me. At 80 his sniper shot would hit once but with the advantage of the heroic tree it applied it's damage twice. My defensive and offensive skills are also vs someone my level and are severely lowered vs people higher. That is just a small example if you read above you will see all of the advantages. You say we can do the same thing but why would we? I don't need to lock higher in my teir to fight people in my teir. That's pure cowardice disguised by every response they have given so far. You ask why 80? The answer is simple. 80 has the most diverse gear that will now work in pvp. The amount of customization you can do is amazing and very very fun. Also the fact that BGs will now be 30-89 you are almost always garunteed a BG match if you cannot find pvp. I also play at 92 and enjoy 92 as well. 92 however is not as fun... the same old cookie cutter gear with no fun procs makes it extremely boring. Looking at the new gear on test all the did was add toughness and lethality to skyshrine easymode raid gear. It's stupid and boring.

Bloodrage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 02:30 PM   #17
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati
Rank: Raider

Loremaster
Twinbladed's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 468
Default

Bloodrage wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Also, to the person who said they almost beat 3 members they have met, all the gear we have now doesnt do anything for BG or PvP combat so we esentially have 0 stats for now vs people with PVP gear.

It still means alot. It gives them more damage procs, more heal procs, more ward procs, more dps mod, more atk speed, more immunity procs, the list goes on.

[email protected] wrote:

I don't see how people locking at 85 give's such a huge advantage, if you think because they are 85 you'll lose and it's all a motive to get ahead in the game, I see a serious flaw in your concern. One your doing the same thing. Why are you locking at 80 and talking down on someone for locking at 85? What's so even at 80? This isn't rok all the gear has been redone, so what make's 80 better than any other level. This game has been spread out. The goal was to put pvp all over the place. Unless they make change's to zone level's then they are taking as high of a risk playing as you are. I don't think your concerned about pvp either, I think your concerned that your following a trend and other people thought of a way to break it down, which leaves room for you not ot be on top. Let's be honest it doesn't matter what teir you play in, you will never see balance, everyone knows that. That's like asking a ranger to fight another scout up close, there's 0 logic behind it. Beside's what happens on test and what goes live is two different things. No one knows how the game is going to end up for pvp. Also keep in mind you can go 85 to, not like your limited, just because your following a trend doesn't make what your doing helpful to pvp either. Stop being all mad and see what happens.

I just explained all of the advantages. Example.. I killed some terrible ranger in Exalted then was talking to someone in QH right after and he double sniper shotted me and almost 1shotted me. At 80 his sniper shot would hit once but with the advantage of the heroic tree it applied it's damage twice. My defensive and offensive skills are also vs someone my level and are severely lowered vs people higher. That is just a small example if you read above you will see all of the advantages. You say we can do the same thing but why would we? I don't need to lock higher in my teir to fight people in my teir. That's pure cowardice disguised by every response they have given so far. You ask why 80? The answer is simple. 80 has the most diverse gear that will now work in pvp. The amount of customization you can do is amazing and very very fun. Also the fact that BGs will now be 30-89 you are almost always garunteed a BG match if you cannot find pvp. I also play at 92 and enjoy 92 as well. 92 however is not as fun... the same old cookie cutter gear with no fun procs makes it extremely boring. Looking at the new gear on test all the did was add toughness and lethality to skyshrine easymode raid gear. It's stupid and boring.

You can use that gear 80+ pretty much the same at all level, you call them cowards for playing 85, for what reason? I'll be playing at 92, I'm sure a lot more people will do the same, that means we get to use the same gear procs. Anyone with pvp common sense will be using procs, unless they lower the proc levels. In the end what your calling boring you'll see every doing exactly what your saying will make everyone different. Your not the only one who will be wearing life taps,immunities,and cc effective gear. So no matter if it's 80,85, or 92 everyone will have the same advantage on proc's. Please don't be a hypocrite either, not like if you saw someone in there 70's you would not kill them. 

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 11:05 PM   #18
Seijin

Historian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 15
Default

But I wouldn't lock 85 to fight 80s in my teir. To intentionally lock higher than others to have the advantage of levels and aa trees and broken myth buffs that stack with myths.

Seijin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 05:40 AM   #19
moukokox

Loremaster
moukokox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 1
Default

well if pvp is any good after update Glads will be back i miss the old pvp fight's pve server is getting boring fast

moukokox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:28 AM   #20
Xzerius

Loremaster
Xzerius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 172
Default

COMPLETELY uninterested in a locked down, hide from endgame PvP character.  The only reason people are locking at 80 - 85 is because they think it will give the an upper hand by being able to equip/use PvE'tarded proc gear that is unavailable to all the other tiers.  End result logic: farm the blubie PvP instances ( aka BG's ) to prey on the lowbies who get scaled up with inferior gear.

Xzerius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #21
7foggynites

Lord
7foggynites's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 112
Default

Why're people locking at 80-85 in the first place? Gear is not going to be as important after the next pvp update. This will not be like it used to be. So are people choosing to lock to get their aa's or something? What gives? It doesn't make any sense to me.Personally I think gear shouldn't even contribute to pvp anymore. I think that every character should be treated as though they have equal gear. This would finally make things fair and stop raiders and hardcores from ruining the PvP game.The other possibility is that they could allow PvE gear to contribute to PvP stats. But they'd put in a soft cap and limit the range by normalizing or transforming the results so that instead of it being a wide margin of difference it's a small margin. This means that if the potential PvE difference between two players is calculated to be 8890hp that it'll be normalized to 889hp or something. In broad terms what this means is that if you can be 40% better than someone else maximum and you're 23% better, then you're 2.3% better. This allows for even raid gear to give you a benefit in PvP, but the benefit is so small that it's just a side-effect of raiding, not a reason. And technically it doesn't matter how much better a player can be in their PvE stats. You can still scale it down to a set range (like 5% or 10%). This would probably be the ideal solution, but only IF the whole idea of having separate PvP formulas for combat is practical and possible.How would it -really- work? Not sure. It's not my job.I think that this is what they'll eventually do, if they haven't already.

__________________
"Get up and feel the freedom, stay down and feel the tyranny."
7foggynites is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #22
Drew1

Elder
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 9
Default

7foggynites wrote:

Why're people locking at 80-85 in the first place? Gear is not going to be as important after the next pvp update. This will not be like it used to be. So are people choosing to lock to get their aa's or something? What gives? It doesn't make any sense to me.Personally I think gear shouldn't even contribute to pvp anymore. I think that every character should be treated as though they have equal gear. This would finally make things fair and stop raiders and hardcores from ruining the PvP game.The other possibility is that they could allow PvE gear to contribute to PvP stats. But they'd put in a soft cap and limit the range by normalizing or transforming the results so that instead of it being a wide margin of difference it's a small margin. This means that if the potential PvE difference between two players is calculated to be 8890hp that it'll be normalized to 889hp or something. In broad terms what this means is that if you can be 40% better than someone else maximum and you're 23% better, then you're 2.3% better. This allows for even raid gear to give you a benefit in PvP, but the benefit is so small that it's just a side-effect of raiding, not a reason. And technically it doesn't matter how much better a player can be in their PvE stats. You can still scale it down to a set range (like 5% or 10%). This would probably be the ideal solution, but only IF the whole idea of having separate PvP formulas for combat is practical and possible.How would it -really- work? Not sure. It's not my job.I think that this is what they'll eventually do, if they haven't already.

Game is not fair get over it...Ppl with the best gear should be the best players., so what if its not fair?...its stupidity such as your comment above that ruined the game in the first place...You should have to work for what you earn, not to be patted on the back and handed something with out working for it. and yea I'm a casual player before you go into detail, get over it. work for your achievement.  AS for locking....those tiers had the best pvp and the AA's are rediculous so taking them out of the game = makes it fun again. Again get over it.

Drew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 09:01 PM   #23
Scews
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Brute Force
Rank: Sheepies

Loremaster
Scews's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 20
Default

7foggynites wrote:

Why're people locking at 80-85 in the first place? Gear is not going to be as important after the next pvp update. This will not be like it used to be. So are people choosing to lock to get their aa's or something? What gives? It doesn't make any sense to me.Personally I think gear shouldn't even contribute to pvp anymore. I think that every character should be treated as though they have equal gear. This would finally make things fair and stop raiders and hardcores from ruining the PvP game.The other possibility is that they could allow PvE gear to contribute to PvP stats. But they'd put in a soft cap and limit the range by normalizing or transforming the results so that instead of it being a wide margin of difference it's a small margin. This means that if the potential PvE difference between two players is calculated to be 8890hp that it'll be normalized to 889hp or something. In broad terms what this means is that if you can be 40% better than someone else maximum and you're 23% better, then you're 2.3% better. This allows for even raid gear to give you a benefit in PvP, but the benefit is so small that it's just a side-effect of raiding, not a reason. And technically it doesn't matter how much better a player can be in their PvE stats. You can still scale it down to a set range (like 5% or 10%). This would probably be the ideal solution, but only IF the whole idea of having separate PvP formulas for combat is practical and possible.How would it -really- work? Not sure. It's not my job.I think that this is what they'll eventually do, if they haven't already.

 This game is built on and rewards the people who work the hardest/smartest on their toons.  People would quit if a person who logged in for their first day and were on an equal playing field as the person whose had a subscription for 7 years.

[Edited post for political comments and insults.]

Scews is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 12:24 AM   #24
Vivender

Elder
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 17
Default

People are locking 80-85 so they can show up to EL and have easy pickings. No debate there, let's be real.

Ultimately, all it will do is push the "prime" EL WF level to 76, and you will see less people fighting away from the towers. But, please, do bring your 80's. I want to whoop them and laugh all the way home, especially since I'll be earning more tokens with my 76.

Vivender is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:26 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.