EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Tips, Tricks, and New Player Questions
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2012, 02:37 PM   #1
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

I'm trying to buy a membership with paypal (gold) but I can't see the Paypal option, only a credit card option. I can't even get a membership using SC. Why not?

Not everyone uses a credit card, I personally, hate the interest, why is there no other way to pay?

Other questions : 

1) What is EQII extended? I just found it on my computer and have no idea what it is.

2) Are payed classes stronger than free classes?

3) Can a guardian get any NPC to help him (not merc)? 

4) Why are the weapons in the marketplace (as well as armour) so weak, why would anyone buy them?

5) Guardian tips?

6) For a guardian, what would be the best merc?

7) How do mercs work? Do I raid with them and scribe their abilities? 

That's it so far

Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #2
SOE-MOD-02

Community Moderator
SOE-MOD-02's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,001
Default

What country are you located in?

Payment Options for SOE Games

They stopped the ability to purchase gold memberships a few weeks back.

Non-recurring Subscriptions Removal

__________________
|| Forum Guidelines || Knowledge Base || Tech Support ||
SOE-MOD-02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 03:59 PM   #3
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

SOE-MOD-02 wrote:

What country are you located in?

Payment Options for SOE Games

They stopped the ability to purchase gold memberships a few weeks back.

Non-recurring Subscriptions Removal

I can use a credit card, but not paypal.  Why is that?

Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
krul2k

Historian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Default

click on SOE at top of page in left corner, sign in, click on big plus sign next to station cash balance, paypal option right there m8

krul2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:33 PM   #5
hexalobular

Lord
hexalobular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 180
Default

Natsume wrote:

I'm trying to buy a membership with paypal (gold) but I can't see the Paypal option, only a credit card option. I can't even get a membership using SC. Why not?

Probably because people were using Triple SC offers and then buying the memberships when they were on sale.

Officially: "Very simply put we pulled the non-recurring subscriptions because we want a closer look at the numbers and how our overall pricing of subscriptions is impacted by it."

And on the EQ1 forums:"This decision was partially based on the very limited utilization of this feature."

I suppose the PayPal option got removed along with the SC option?

Not everyone uses a credit card, I personally, hate the interest, why is there no other way to pay?

If you live somewhere where they sell SC cards you can use some of them for either the SC or a months subscription.

Other questions : 

1) What is EQII extended? I just found it on my computer and have no idea what it is.

That was the Free To Play version of EQ2 before Extended and Live (the subscription version) were merged and we got where we are today, with F2P mixed with Gold on the same servers.

2) Are payed classes stronger than free classes?

3) Can a guardian get any NPC to help him (not merc)? 

There are trade skill apprentices that reserch recipies for you and guards will help you find the way to other NPCs but for helping you fight it's a merc you need (unless you're playing a Beastlord, Necromancer or whatever that have battle pets).

4) Why are the weapons in the marketplace (as well as armour) so weak, why would anyone buy them?

Cause they look neat?

You put them in the Appearance slots and real weapons in the Eguipment slots so it looks like you're using the Emerald Lichslayer or whatever.

5) Guardian tips?

6) For a guardian, what would be the best merc?

7) How do mercs work? Do I raid with them and scribe their abilities? 

I'm pretty sure they level up themselves to match your level. No choice in what abilities they have (except by choosing a diferent one.)

That's it so far

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 04:48 PM   #6
hexalobular

Lord
hexalobular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 180
Default

krul2k wrote:

click on SOE at top of page in left corner, sign in, click on big plus sign next to station cash balance, paypal option right there m8

Have you checked recently?

All I see is Credit Card, Mobile and Game Card.

And that's the page for adding SC which isn't any use for getting a membership any more.

In game I get the PayPal option for buying SC but for memberships it's just Credit Cards

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix
Rank: Alternate Characters of Mains

Loremaster
Trebien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 117
Default

Who Supports PayPal?

The following countries support PayPal in the use of local currency. You will have to make sure that your PayPal account is set to the correct country / currency. If your country / currency is not listed, change your PayPal account to US / United States.

  • US - US Dollar
  • DK - Danish Krone
  • GB – English Pound
  • EUR - Euro
  • MX – Mexican Peso
  • JP – Japanese Yen
  • NO – Norwegian Kroner
  • RU – Russian Ruble
  • SE – Swedish Krona

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:19 PM   #8
Finora

Tester
Finora's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 3,423
Default

Natsume wrote:

I'm trying to buy a membership with paypal (gold) but I can't see the Paypal option, only a credit card option. I can't even get a membership using SC. Why not?

Not everyone uses a credit card, I personally, hate the interest, why is there no other way to pay?

 Can't help with the payment options. Sorry

Other questions : 

1) What is EQII extended? I just found it on my computer and have no idea what it is.

Sounds like you have an old download from last year sometime back when Freeport server was EQ2X & was the only free to play option.

2) Are payed classes stronger than free classes?

No, at least not for any reason to do with being classes you have to pay for (beastlord being a possible exception to that since it's new & no matter your sub level you have to buy the expansion to play it).  

Inquisitors for example are one of the most desired of the healers. Swashies & brigs aren't exactly slouches in dps & they have some utilty. Wizards & warlocks are the best caster dps (as far as I know unless something has changed). Berserkers & guards have been fair choices for tanks for most of the game . From what I understand they picked those classes to be the free classes because they were the most simple to understand the basic mechanics of out of the archetypes.

3) Can a guardian get any NPC to help him (not merc)? 

Mercs are the only NPCs that can be hired to do things with you.  There are a few quests here & there that have an NPC following you around & sometimes helping you, but only for the duration of the quest.

4) Why are the weapons in the marketplace (as well as armour) so weak, why would anyone buy them?

The SOE marketplace is mostly for appearance, fluff & services (like character slots & transfering servers & such). The armor & weapons are there just for looks & that is why people buy them.

5) Guardian tips?

6) For a guardian, what would be the best merc?

A healer, templar or inquisitor would be the ones I would pick from were I buying.

7) How do mercs work? Do I raid with them and scribe their abilities? 

They work basically like another group member. They take up a group slot, they help you fight. You can tell them to assist or protect someone in particular (in your group) but you can not choose what abilities they use when. They do that themselves.

That's it so far

Finora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 05:22 PM   #9
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix
Rank: Alternate Characters of Mains

Loremaster
Trebien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 117
Default

If you are located in one of the countries listed, then you may need to contact SOE support for more assistance.  Since this is a transaction based issue, they should still provide support, even if you are currently bronze (FTP) or silver (payed $5 for additional services).  If you aren't located in the qualifying countries, then you will not be able to use Paypal as your payment option.  You may want to feedback to SOE to request that your country be added to the list at a later time.  You can use cash to purchase sc cards, and use the card to purchase monthly allotments of gold membership, but you won't qualify for multi-month discounts that way.

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #10
Regolas

Loremaster
Regolas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 603
Default

You're right you can't buy subscriptions with Paypal. You can buy SC with Paypal, and you used to be able to buy subscriptions with the SC, but it isn't (currently) available. I can understand recurring subs not being able to utilise paypal but I have no idea why nonrecurring subs couldn't be bought with it considering SC could be. 2 off the free classes are arguably the best healer and tank in the game (guardian and inquisitor).
Regolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:11 PM   #11
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

[email protected] wrote:

You may want to feedback to SOE to request that your country be added to the list at a later time.  You can use cash to purchase sc cards, and use the card to purchase monthly allotments of gold membership, but you won't qualify for multi-month discounts that way.

to clarify you cant purchase gold subs with SC anymore so when you redeem a card choose to redeem the time itself and not the sc.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 11:20 PM   #12
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix
Rank: Alternate Characters of Mains

Loremaster
Trebien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 117
Default

General_Info wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You may want to feedback to SOE to request that your country be added to the list at a later time.  You can use cash to purchase sc cards, and use the card to purchase monthly allotments of gold membership, but you won't qualify for multi-month discounts that way.

to clarify you cant purchase gold subs with SC anymore so when you redeem a card choose to redeem the time itself and not the sc.

Yes, but perhaps the OP is in an unsupported country, so can request their country be supported at a later time.  And perhaps later, SOE will re-add the ability to purchase gold membership with sc, but I won't hold my breath.

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:17 AM   #13
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Thank you everyone for the answers! I have used Paypal to buy a membership in more than one SOE game, but I can't for EQII. I have played games that had recurring memberships by paypal. So it is possible. Furthermore, I decided to buy an all - access pass, however it won't allow me too. I checked the list of banned countries and the one I am in now, is NOT there. So I should be able to buy it. Why is it so hard to organize your finance SOE?
Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:23 AM   #14
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Natsume wrote:

Thank you everyone for the answers! Furthermore, I decided to buy an all access pass, however it won't allow me too. I checked the list of banned countries and the one I am in now, is NOT there. So I should be able to buy it. Why is it so hard to organize your finance SOE?

I'll point out that 'all access' has issues regarding charater transfer tokens for EQ2 so if you ever want to mvoe a charater between servers you will have to file a ticket about it (as well as gifting SC, they can enable it for 24hours)

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 09:27 AM   #15
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

General_Info wrote:

Natsume wrote:

Thank you everyone for the answers! Furthermore, I decided to buy an all access pass, however it won't allow me too. I checked the list of banned countries and the one I am in now, is NOT there. So I should be able to buy it. Why is it so hard to organize your finance SOE?

I'll point out that 'all access' has issues regarding charater transfer tokens for EQ2 so if you ever want to mvoe a charater between servers you will have to file a ticket about it (as well as gifting SC, they can enable it for 24hours)

I give up. 

I won't be buying an all access membership, and might not even be buying a gold membership. Instead of convincing me to buy it, you convinced me NOT to buy it. Thanks SOE.

Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 02:30 AM   #16
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

UPDATE

I have more questions!

1) What does it mean when it converts my XP to AA?

2) Is it easier to level tradeskill than combat?

Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:26 AM   #17
krul2k

Historian
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 6
Default

AA is basically just talent points that make skills/character better, depending on where you have placed the slider (default is 50%) that corresponds to the amount of xp that is converted to AA xp.

Points make prizes so to speak, AA points unlock more skills or beef up your characters existing skills/health etc so there important to gather an input.

Is tradeskill easier to lvl? i guess most would say yes it is, me? well i enjoy it but after a time doing it i start to fall asleep, i find going out an adventuring an bashing things with ma big stick more entertaining lol SMILEY so basically its just personnal preference imo, i do whatever im in mood for at time i log in whether it be adventure or tradeskill

krul2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 05:07 PM   #18
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Thank you for the answer! SMILEY is there a way to have 2 mercs (not out in the same time) just there ... ?
Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 06:35 AM   #19
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Natsume wrote:

Thank you for the answer! is there a way to have 2 mercs (not out in the same time) just there ... ?

you can only have one merc on call at a time.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 07:47 AM   #20
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

General_Info wrote:

Natsume wrote:

Thank you for the answer! is there a way to have 2 mercs (not out in the same time) just there ... ?

you can only have one merc on call at a time.

Oh well, thanks for the answer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question :

What is the most demanded tradeskill job? 

Actually, what's the most profit-able? SMILEY

Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 08:24 AM   #21
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Natsume wrote:

Oh well, thanks for the answer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question :

What is the most demanded tradeskill job? 

Actually, what's the most profit-able?

i dont know about profitable but rangers always need more ammo - woodworker and if you have AoD people are always looking for the new researched food/drink - provisioner.

woodworkers can also make totems for utility and health/power regen like food but the reactant food outshines the best regen totems

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:11 PM   #22
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

General_Info wrote:

Natsume wrote:

Oh well, thanks for the answer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question :

What is the most demanded tradeskill job? 

Actually, what's the most profit-able?

i dont know about profitable but rangers always need more ammo - woodworker and if you have AoD people are always looking for the new researched food/drink - provisioner.

woodworkers can also make totems for utility and health/power regen like food but the reactant food outshines the best regen totems

Thank you, yet again SMILEY

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I change the amount of XP that's changed to AA?

Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 03:49 PM   #23
hexalobular

Lord
hexalobular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 180
Default

Natsume wrote:

General_Info wrote:

Natsume wrote:

Oh well, thanks for the answer!

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Another question :

What is the most demanded tradeskill job? 

Actually, what's the most profit-able?

i dont know about profitable but rangers always need more ammo - woodworker and if you have AoD people are always looking for the new researched food/drink - provisioner.

woodworkers can also make totems for utility and health/power regen like food but the reactant food outshines the best regen totems

Thank you, yet again

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

How can I change the amount of XP that's changed to AA?

Ah, well you can't unless you have a Gold membership

If you do, open the AA page with the third icon at the bottom right of the game screen and the slider for AA percentage is right there at the top of the window. Pull it to the right to get more AAs or the left to gain more experiance.

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 04:01 PM   #24
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Oh -.- ... thanks! SMILEY -------------------------------------------- How can I talk in the Auction chat and put the item there, so people can see it?
Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:57 AM   #25
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix
Rank: Alternate Characters of Mains

Loremaster
Trebien's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Las Vegas
Posts: 117
Default

If you have Gold or Silver membership, you should be able to type in /auction channel, and list any item you want to sell.  You have to know what number channel /auction is on, but then just type /2 (that's my auction channel, yours may be different) and link the item you want to sell.

Also, totems will stack with food/drink, so you can have both active at the same time.  This will allow your regen to be much higher, and you can have multiple totems running at the same time.  You can turn off illusions so that you don't have to see yourself as a, say, salamander, or you can leave the illusion active, your choice.

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 11:40 AM   #26
Natsume

Philosopher
Natsume's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 65
Default

Thank you, ever so much! -------------------------------------- How do I link an item in the chat? Also, what are quests that will earn my guild status?
Natsume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:01 PM   #27
hexalobular

Lord
hexalobular's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 180
Default

Natsume wrote:

Also, what are quests that will earn my guild status?

Writs from the local city guilds (not the same kind of guild you're a member of) or their representatives in other places or trade skill writs from the local crafting centers. Or from writ givers in your player guild hall.

Each city has a guild of fighters, a guild of mages, a guild of scouts and a guild of priests and a crafting center.

In those buildings there should be writ givers, once you get out to the higher level areas of the world the citys tend to have representatives to hand out writs at the main docks or similar.

There are also various status items from killing MOBs that you turn in at the proper city guild (or player guild hall NPC) for status for you, and your guild (if the item is of a high enough level relative to your guild)

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 02:12 PM   #28
Katz

Loremaster
Katz's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 2,601
Default

hexalobular wrote:

Natsume wrote:

Also, what are quests that will earn my guild status?

Writs from the local city guilds (not the same kind of guild you're a member of) or their representatives in other places or trade skill writs from the local crafting centers. Or from writ givers in your player guild hall.

Each city has a guild of fighters, a guild of mages, a guild of scouts and a guild of priests and a crafting center.

In those buildings there should be writ givers, once you get out to the higher level areas of the world the citys tend to have representatives to hand out writs at the main docks or similar.

There are also various status items from killing MOBs that you turn in at the proper city guild (or player guild hall NPC) for status for you, and your guild (if the item is of a high enough level relative to your guild)

Also, heritage quests give a lot of status.  

I "think" you link an item by using shift-clk but Ill have to check when I'm back in game.  If that isn't correct I'll edit this to the correct thing.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 03:19 PM   #29
General_Info

Lord
General_Info's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 658
Default

Katz wrote:

Also, heritage quests give a lot of status.  

I "think" you link an item by using shift-clk but Ill have to check when I'm back in game.  If that isn't correct I'll edit this to the correct thing.

you left click and drag the item into chat or you examine the item and drag the icon from the window into chat.

__________________
General_Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #30
7foggynites

Lord
7foggynites's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 112
Default

Just verified myself and saw that you cannot get a recurring or non-recurring gold membership with paypal. Why? Doesn't make any sense. I think I get why they prevented players from buying subs with SC because players were exploiting the double and triple cash specials, but if you pay directly with paypal you wouldn't get that. So why block paypal from paying directly for a 14.99 sub?

Is it something to do with paypal? Fees? Invalid accounts?

__________________
"Get up and feel the freedom, stay down and feel the tyranny."
7foggynites is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 02:14 AM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.