EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-21-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Juravael

Loremaster

All I would like is an ETA on when SOE is going to fix the in game voice chat system so that it works properly?

For weeks now any custom chat channel that we make is either erased the next day, or we are unable to join any custom voice chat channel, even though we just created it. We keep getting the "failed to join voice chat channel..." Our guild event leader who usually uses custom voice chat for her events was not able to run voice chat this weekend because only a few of the participants were able to use voice chat at all.

Guild voice chat seems to work, as does Officer but that is about it. Group is spotty at best and forget it if you want to run a custom voice channel for events or just to converse with someone.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 04:59 PM   #2
Mermut

Loremaster

Glenendhel, unfortunately there hasn't even been any official recognition that it IS broken.
From one of the other threads on this topic

[email protected] wrote:

PeterJohn wrote:

The official response from customer service in the other thread is that we should all put in support request tickets, and then if enough are received, they'll believe us that it is a real problem and look into it.

/facepalm

Wow... That really leaves me wondering, more than ever, if the staff at SOE actually play this game?

I think this sums it up too well SMILEY

Old 05-21-2012, 05:01 PM   #3
SiegaPlays

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Guild voice chat seems to work, as does Officer but that is about it. Group is spotty at best and forget it if you want to run a custom voice channel for events or just to converse with someone.

I can confirm this experience. Guild chat has yet to be down on my end, but group is so and so.

Voice chat sometimes also have a tendency to cut off Skype out of the blue until shutting EQ2 down, but that is a totally unrelated issue, though it would term VoiceChat a hog of some kind.

-------------------------------------------------------------

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

-------------------------------------------------------------
SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
SOE-MOD-08

Community Moderator

This post has moved: /eq2/posts/preList.m?topic_id=50009...post_id=5758179 Trolling.
SOE-MOD-08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
Cininz
Server: Butcherblock
Guild: Order of the Outcast

Loremaster

I can confirm the same problem.  For me, grouping RARELY creates a '' voice chat channel.   

Here's a possible work around:

I've found that if I spam /voice join [customchannelname] it will eventually create a custom voice channel.

Then, if I spam /voice invite [charactername] it will eventually send the invite

Then the person invited needs to accept the invite, which only has a chance of working.  So, I spam the invite again.  

What a PITA

Cininz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 09:57 AM   #6
Raknid

Loremaster

VC is a pretty big, and integral, feature of this game. Someone needs to at the very least acknowledge it is malfunctioning, and preferably also give some kind of idea as to when it can expect to be fixed.

Maybe Piesto or our mythical producer could be so nice as to drop in?

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 11:34 AM   #7
Aneova
Server: Kithicor
Guild: Masters of the Universe

Loremaster

I've also seen folks who swap chars and get an error message that reads "Invalid Password" when trying to enter guild voice chat.

Originally Posted by Smed: I've been a regular lurker on this site for a while but I wanted to step in here and dispel something that's just plain not true - I don't have my name highlighted here, but anyone that doubts it's me can email me at [email protected] and I'll happily reply. We aren't going to be allowing RMT in any way, shape or form on the non-exchange enabled EQ II servers. Period. End of statement. In any event, I wanted to stop in and at least set the record straight - you aren't going to be seeing RMT allowed on the non-exchange enabled servers.

John Smedley President, Sony Online Entertainment
Aneova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:57 AM   #8
Jadoo

Lord

It has been four days I am not able to log into any voice chat channel (Including Guild Chat). It is nearly impossible to raid without VC, so yes its a game breaking issue for me.

Jadoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:57 PM   #9
Koleg
Server: Unrest_old

Lord

Jadoo wrote:

It has been four days I am not able to log into any voice chat channel (Including Guild Chat). It is nearly impossible to raid without VC, so yes its a game breaking issue for me.

FWIW, I was able to get into several of my customer voice chat channels last night w/o having to 'change' anything.  Channels which I was unable to get into for the lsat few days.  Channels which others who also have access were able to get into last night, and I was able to /voice invite new players too. 

I'll take this as a good sign.

Koleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 08:52 PM   #10
Juravael

Loremaster

The VC seems to be working now and most of my custom channels are back.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote