EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > PVP Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 03-27-2012, 09:34 AM   #1
Twinbladed
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

If you have not been on test, you really should, these new aa tree's are insane, the damage right now is really high already, add all these new feature into it, no one stands a living chance. We all have seen how players already can not go out with full groups because they don't like the feeling of not having the upper hand 100% of the time. Now imagine with the new tree's involved how bad this is going to get. If you have not been on test, seen some of the gear that is not marked pvp disabled, you really should, along witht he aa line's. If they ever listened at all this will be the nail on the head as if they care about this servers survival or not. I strongly hope you guys try test out and look at it for yourself and not just 1 toon with all your toons, also keep a watch on gear. I went in there was no pvp changes what so ever and way more hardcore stats going on. Just a simple idea, not going to argue with people on this, the facts of what goes on with nagafen are already here right now, so adding onto it with stronger abilities and mods will only make it worse.

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:21 AM   #2
Shotneedle

Loremaster

Btw. Not an expansion.

Buffrat - 92 Troubador - AB

Arbitrat - 92 Berserker - AB

Guarddog - 92 Warden - AB
Shotneedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #3
Twinbladed
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

Does it expand the game content?

Sorry lol wasn't going to argue...anyways

Twinbladed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:31 PM   #4
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

world pvp in this game is hosed beyond repair. It's not just AAs or gear seperation or class balance... almost every fundamental feature of the game is terrible for world pvp. At this point I would just take what I get as far as open PvP goes and realize it might get a lil better once a year or so when they do a small pvp update, but other than that it's just gonna get worse. It's good mindless fun for a while, but I couldn't see trying to seriously play on a pvp server full time at this point.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:16 PM   #5
Dorsan
Guild: Onyx

Loremaster

Just flag Nagafen PvE and merge us with Guk or something.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #6
Talathion
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

I want the blue pvp armor too!

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:10 AM   #7
Triste-Lune

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

an influx of new bodies on guk would prolly be welcome. i think noone is killing any of the finalboss of a HM drunder instance now that npu bit the dust.

Old 03-28-2012, 02:25 PM   #8
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei

Loremaster

In addition to the prestige points the jewelry one can obtain has stats like 2.6 flurry, + 75 dps +140-170 ish stats that will also lead to much greater damage out put.  W/O the PVP update(1) we were told will happen get prepared for a suck fest of pvp to come - cannot wait for them to enable pvp on test so we can see if this stuff is going to do what we believe it will do.

(1) As we have not seen the new jewelry and/or pvp update due to the push back the new items in all reality may not even be = in quality to these new items given that most of the older jewelry is so poor in relation to current items.

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:49 PM   #9
Applo

Loremaster

Yeah you are probably right.

Turn naggy blue or give me free transfer tokens -- the expectation it'll ever get better gives me nerd rage after years of waiting.

Thanks in advance for a speedy and thoughtful dev response.  SMILEY

Applo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #10
Citadelli

Loremaster

No dev focus on PVP, really sad, left a bit ago to much remorse.  Too bad those where the best of times a year or so ago.

Cita!

Citadelli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:12 PM   #11
wullailhuit

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If you have not been on test, you really should, these new aa tree's are insane, the damage right now is really high already, add all these new feature into it, no one stands a living chance. We all have seen how players already can not go out with full groups because they don't like the feeling of not having the upper hand 100% of the time. Now imagine with the new tree's involved how bad this is going to get. If you have not been on test, seen some of the gear that is not marked pvp disabled, you really should, along witht he aa line's. If they ever listened at all this will be the nail on the head as if they care about this servers survival or not. I strongly hope you guys try test out and look at it for yourself and not just 1 toon with all your toons, also keep a watch on gear. I went in there was no pvp changes what so ever and way more hardcore stats going on. Just a simple idea, not going to argue with people on this, the facts of what goes on with nagafen are already here right now, so adding onto it with stronger abilities and mods will only make it worse.

I don't PvP , just saying , but it doesn't surprise me , SoE have been cutting back on costs in EQ2 for a long long time , developing and balancing content for PvP adds to costs , it's an easy thing to 'cut'.

Old 03-30-2012, 12:52 PM   #12
Rufy
Guild: Decay

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I wish they would. I could finally quit for good, because I would have no reason to come back.

Rufy is offline   Reply With Quote