EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-30-2011, 03:12 PM   #1
Seliri

Lord

It is my personal assessment that server populations are significantly lower than normal due to trialists only having "EQ2X Freeport" as their sample taste of EQ2.

All servers must adopt the F2P model in order to return vital lifeblood to the core servers.

The race limitations for the Gold EQ2X options must also be removed & players who've purchased these on EQ2X be refunded.

People who posit that you can buy current heroic/raid gear from the marketplace on the Freeport server are significantly deluded & over-emotional.

Seliri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Ter

General

Or instead you could simply buy a character copy token. Sounds like the most effective solution to me.

Ter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Crismorn

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

It is my personal assessment that server populations are significantly lower than normal due to trialists only having "EQ2X Freeport" as their sample taste of EQ2.

All servers must adopt the F2P model in order to return vital lifeblood to the core servers.

The race limitations for the Gold EQ2X options must also be removed & players who've purchased these on EQ2X be refunded.

People who posit that you can buy current heroic/raid gear from the marketplace on the Freeport server are significantly deluded & over-emotional.

You should move to eq2x

Crismorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #4
Lalen
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Divine Reapers

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

Seriously? Why are you still here and not over there playing on the F2P servers? or are you just trolling?

But I'll bite... Look at the state of the f2p system over there.. They're running on how many servers over there?  EQ2 live is running on how many?  Assuming that the quality and state of the servers represent the profits earned by that business model, then F2P is an:

All ground mounts have received a large boost in speed.

So they can now outrun FLYING mounts in the air?

EPIC FAIL

Lalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:27 PM   #5
deadmanwalkin

Lord

no if live ever goes f2p im gone... i still might be gone soon with my 6 accounts cause of sony not fixing the current gameplay ie warping mobs.. but going f2p i wouldnt even think about it id just /cancel and move on.

deadmanwalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:31 PM   #6
Onorem

Loremaster

I didn't really notice too much of a population problem pre-eq2x. I'm happy that it hasn't fallen off at the rate I expected since then.

I definitely don't see the problem post mergers. Find a guild that has players that log on. If you're in a raid guild with crazy strict alt requirements, start an alt to waste time with and let the "main" guild know who and where so they can pull you back over as needed.

I would love for them to bring the trial back to live...specifically the trial of the isle, but any trial works. (How long has it been since it was said the starter isles were removed because they had plans to revive them and the cities?)

Old 06-30-2011, 03:35 PM   #7
Hennyo

Loremaster

The only reasonable suggestion I can that they could implement, is to allow people to who are paying for subs on Eq2x to buy copy tokens to transfer to live. Even then, that really wouldn't be overly realistic, because there are people from exchange servers who have copied to Eq2x.
Hennyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:40 PM   #8
Seliri

Lord

Teron wrote:

Or instead you could simply buy a character copy token. Sounds like the most effective solution to me.

Except not, cause I'm obviously on a PvP server.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #9
Lalen
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Divine Reapers

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

Teron wrote:

I don't think you quite understand what you're asking for being a PVP player... Folks there can BUY gear from the market and buy items to insta-kill their opponents... Are you too terribly sure you would want these players, with these items, in the same zone with you?

All ground mounts have received a large boost in speed.

So they can now outrun FLYING mounts in the air?

EPIC FAIL

Lalen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #10
Onorem

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

Teron wrote:

In that case, I am all for them finally opening up the proposed Qeynos server for FTP...(though I'd say they got the names backwards on the servers)...and letting people who want to PVP on FTP have their own server too. That 'definitely' will not change my game. Good luck.

Old 06-30-2011, 03:47 PM   #11
Malvin
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Felwithe Freedom Fighters

Loremaster

I think it's just a matter of time before all servers are converted over to F2P.. and if they tell you they will never do that then they are lying, either that or they will eventually merge them all into 1 server.  The F2P model is probably making them a lot more money than the regular model.. for whatever reason people love to spend money by the drink if they like the item that they see.

Malvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 03:48 PM   #12
Seliri

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri wrote:

Seriously? Why are you still here and not over there playing on the F2P servers? or are you just trolling?

But I'll bite... Look at the state of the f2p system over there.. They're running on how many servers over there?  EQ2 live is running on how many?  Assuming that the quality and state of the servers represent the profits earned by that business model, then F2P is an:

Uh, you're the one obviously trolling by insinuating where my virtual citizenry belongs!

Again, it's clear that I'm on a PvP server.

PvE servers are still PvE servers even if F2P.

EQ2X players have no PvE advantage.

The only reasons there's only 1 EQ2X server are that...

1.) They want the hyper-concentrated population EQ2X Freeport has & don't want it dilluted further (makes for lively impressions of EQ2).

2.) EQ2 isn't popular enough to fill more servers, consider, again pretty clearly, server mergers & lack of budget (see: overly simplistic PQs/BGs, Station Cash product volume as opposed to quests/heroic content rewarding both aesthetically novel or valuably itemized rewards, little-to-no marketing, SOE lay-offs, etc).

Old 06-30-2011, 04:38 PM   #13
Tigress

Loremaster

IDk abt making all servers "F2P".  what they should do is make it one game.  instead of a seperate launcher, it should be one.  if someone wants F2P, then they make their character on freeport.  if someone wants regular sub, then they get a 2-wk trial for the other servers.  after the 2-wk trial, they can play on the F2P or pay the $15/mo to play on any of the other servers.  if they can program bazaar differently, yet on the same launcher, then they can do the same for freeport.  the seperation was a bad idea.  i think that they did it so players here wouldn't have to look at the freeport server when they create a new character.  i'd bet that most would not care but the vocal minority won and made it harder for new players to find the sub model.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:43 PM   #14
Crismorn

Loremaster

[email protected] DLere wrote:

I think it's just a matter of time before all servers are converted over to F2P.. and if they tell you they will never do that then they are lying, either that or they will eventually merge them all into 1 server.  The F2P model is probably making them a lot more money than the regular model.. for whatever reason people love to spend money by the drink if they like the item that they see.

No they will not and roughly 95%+ of the players who are on eq2x have spend 0-$10 since it came out.

0-$10 is less then $15 a month.

You are welcome.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 PM   #15
Crismorn

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Seliri wrote:

Uh, you're the one obviously trolling by insinuating where my virtual citizenry belongs!

Again, it's clear that I'm on a PvP server.

PvE servers are still PvE servers even if F2P.

EQ2X players have no PvE advantage.

The only reasons there's only 1 EQ2X server are that...

1.) They want the hyper-concentrated population EQ2X Freeport has & don't want it dilluted further (makes for lively impressions of EQ2).

2.) EQ2 isn't popular enough to fill more servers, consider, again pretty clearly, server mergers & lack of budget (see: overly simplistic PQs/BGs, Station Cash product volume as opposed to quests/heroic content rewarding both aesthetically novel or valuably itemized rewards, little-to-no marketing, SOE lay-offs, etc).

Everything else you said after that is pointless, anything you say about pvp is to help you break combat, avoid combat or farm alts, same must go for pve.

Game balance > you being able to suceed at a game you are incapable of playing well.

Old 06-30-2011, 04:53 PM   #16
SmokeJumper

DoD

Seliri wrote:

The Trial is coming back very soon. There are also some good revamps of the website coming that will help steer people to the Live side (by pointing out the advantages of playing here).

EverQuest Franchise (EQ, EQII, EQN)
SmokeJumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 04:59 PM   #17
Griffildur
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: First Lords

Loremaster

Seliri wrote:

Live servers MUST NOT adopt the f2p system. If you like it so much go play on eq2x.

Old 06-30-2011, 05:08 PM   #18
Zorastiz
Guild: Dressed To Kill

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

Seliri wrote:

(by pointing out the advantages of playing here).

What would those be?

Zorastiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:09 PM   #19
Crismorn

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

Seliri wrote:

What would those be?

An endgame with players who can play eq2 and equipt armor.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:17 PM   #20
hellfire

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

SmokeJumper wrote:

Seliri wrote:

What would those be?

Zero restrictions at all.

More long standing server communitys

Opotunitys to actually see the end game since there no restrictions you have multitude of moreguilds actually at end game/content

More robust player market.,

Summoner pets are 1/3 the dps of a summoner and yet our stats and modifiers do not affect them.Since a pet is 1/3 a summoners dps,a summoner receives 2/3 benefit from gear when compared to any other class.

SHARED STATS AND MODIFIERS ARE A MUST!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 08!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 09!

FIX SUMMONERS IN 10!

2011 and Finally we are Fixed!

/Rides off into the sunset
hellfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:21 PM   #21
Dillin

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

Seliri wrote:

The Trial is coming back very soon. There are also some good revamps of the website coming that will help steer people to the Live side (by pointing out the advantages of playing here).

Forget trials.  Tell your marketing team to get off their butts and get EQ2 in the stores!  Put up displays, advertise more then in comic books!  Get on TV, get on websites!  FFS do SOMETHING other then rely on the friends of your customers cuz guess what, if they haven't come to EQ2 in 5 years, they ain't comin!

Hell, there are trial install disks for WoW that you BUY at the counter at 7-11 for $10.  Where is EQ2?  Oh yeah, the computer geek store MIGHT have a copy or 2 of EQ2 next to the megamart sized display of WoW.

*Karthes* 90 Templar

*All around bad azz*
Dillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:23 PM   #22
Lasai

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

No they will not and roughly 95%+ of the players who are on eq2x have spend 0-$10 since it came out.

You are welcome.

Jesus, you are simple minded.  FTP + Cash store is MORE income than subs, and gaming companies know this.  Why do you think more and more games are going that route.

What oriface did you pull your "roughly 95%" out of?  Go Go made up statistics.

They are not in the business to give away free items nor provide a public service.  Subscriptions are the best bargain in any gaming compared to FTP and cash store. 

Gawd.

Lasai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 06:40 PM   #23
Crismorn

Loremaster

Lasai wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

You are welcome.

Jesus, you are simple minded.  FTP + Cash store is MORE income than subs, and gaming companies know this.  Why do you think more and more games are going that route.

They are not in the business to give away free items nor provide a public service.  Subscriptions are the best bargain in any gaming compared to FTP and cash store. 

Gawd.

Sure, thats why there is one server still.

I can accept you being dumb and/or uninformed but blatantly being wrong and still beleiving otherwise is intolerable

You are the lvl 90 Paladin who has played since launch but is incapable of prioritizing which blue stats to gain over others which is fine, just dont try to give advice on how blue stats work when you obviously have no idea.

Its more then 95%, you would have noticed this if you saw the + sign, but then again due to your uninformed opinions on this subject I doubt that reading is high on your to-do list.

I'll say it again in the hopes that you can grasp why its not suceeding.

95%+ "this is 19 out of 20" of the playerbase is bronze or silver.

Some cash shops + FTP models are very successful, eq2x is not one of them.

Old 06-30-2011, 06:48 PM   #24
Onorem

Loremaster

Crismorn wrote:

Lasai wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

You are welcome.

Gawd.

I can accept you being dumb and/or uninformed but blatantly being wrong and still beleiving otherwise is intolerable

You are the lvl 90 Paladin who has played since launch but is incapable of prioritizing which blue stats to gain over others which is fine, just dont try to give advice on how blue stats work when you obviously have no idea.

Its more then 95%, you would have noticed this if you saw the + sign, but then again due to your uninformed opinions on this subject I doubt that reading is high on your to-do list.

There seems to be quite a bit of unrelated text here. Where does the "rough" 95%+ number come from? I don't see that they asked you to explain the notation...just where your numbers are coming from. FTP is likely profitable in general...as much as I wish it wasn't. (I really do want FTP to fail, but I also really do want them to give you a FTP PVP option if that's what you want.)

Old 06-30-2011, 06:52 PM   #25
Tigress

Loremaster

Onorem wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

Lasai wrote:

Crismorn wrote:

You are welcome.

Gawd.

There seems to be quite a bit of unrelated text here. Where does the "rough" 95%+ number come from? I don't see that they asked you to explain the notation...just where your numbers are coming from. FTP is likely profitable in general...as much as I wish it wasn't. (I really do want FTP to fail, but I also really do want them to give you a FTP PVP option if that's what you want.)

yes the 95%+ number is a made up number.  the SOE staff has never released the numbers.  its an assumption on his part and a wrong assumption.  i know it is wrong bc i play there and see the ppl who buy stuff...  i wont pretend to know what the number is.  clearly, the F2P model is successful or they would have closed the server.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:40 PM   #26
StargateFanGirl

Loremaster

I do NOT want the regular servers to turn into the EQ2X servers, if someone wants to play on a FTP server then they can copy their characters to one or make a new one on EQ2X! Dont try to force it on me.

Back when they were running the triple station cash promotion, I walked into my local Gamestop to look for some of the $15 cards and asked the clerk if they had any of the SOE Station Cash/Game cards; his response was "what is SOE? I've never heard of it." I kid you not, the guy thought it was a game. So I told him SOE was a division of Sony and they make games like EverQuest 2. He had no idea what EQ2 was and I explained it was an MMO and he asked if it was new... I said nope it came out about the same time as World of Warcraft - that game he knew.  So I asked him where the Playstation game cards were. That he understood and even pointed directly to the PSN cards, the Station Cash cards were right next to them... 

Just by the discussion he was having with my dad who was pre-ordering Mass Effect 3 it was clear this guy was a console gamer and not a computer gamer, but still, for an employee of a video game retailer (and he was in his late 20's) to have no idea what SOE was... I thought the marketing for EQ2 needed help, but apparently the whole company could use some. But even though this guy was a console gamer he still knew what Blizzard and WoW was. 

SOE you might want to fix that... when that *ahem* Geohot guy got sued by SOE for hacking the Playstation and he said he's never even heard of SOE, I didnt know how he couldnt have, but now I have to wonder... Obscurity is a bad bad thing for a company, the folks in marketing might, just might, want to work on that before the company goes under or a hostile takeover occurs or something.

People I work with who are gamers (play WoW primarily) have heard of Lord of the Rings Online and tried it, have played Rift, they've tried AoC, Warhammer, they've heard of Aion, Lineage 2, Star Wars the Old Republic, one of them occassionaly plays a MMO called Tibia, another has played Realms, Guild Wars and Final Fantasy...but neither of them knew what EQ2 was. That's a laundry list of MMORPG's and they'd never heard of EverQuest II. If you guys want people to play the game you have to ADVERTISE IT! The only reason I even know about EverQuest II is because I played EverQuest and the players talked about it while it was under development.

That's how you get new 'lifeblood', trials and all the best promotions in the world do no good if people dont know the game exists....

StargateFanGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 07:59 PM   #27
Katz

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

Seliri wrote:

That's good news.  With the upcoming new hardware, fixing the website, and adding trials back, I am encouraged that new players will find it easier to find us.

Katz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:00 PM   #28
Talathion
Guild: Cladire Mortii

Loremaster

SmokeJumper wrote:

Seliri wrote:

Why not just MERGE Eq2x AND live...? 

It really won't make much of a difference.

Talathion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:01 PM   #29
deadmanwalkin

Lord

jesus i  know right we want players who knows to put coersive healing on the dam defiler not the templar lol....... those  who  know will know what  i mean lulzzz

deadmanwalkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 08:06 PM   #30
Tallithia

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Live servers MUST NOT adopt the f2p system. If you like it so much go play on eq2x.

^^ this.  I don't want my wonderful Oasis chat riddled with crazy bad attitudes and free seems to always bring em in.

Be Careful what you ask for. You may get what you want but at what cost?
Tallithia is offline   Reply With Quote