EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-18-2010, 02:22 PM   #1
Dreadpatch

Loremaster

I just took down my 6 year vet reward, and without question or doubt this is the worst GU I have ever seen.

$OE = FAIL

Smokejumper = FAIL

RMT = FAIL

SC Button in UI = FAIL

Removal of 14 day trial = FAIL

New Spell Animations = FAIL

No new content = FAIL

SOGA default = FAIL

Change to low level spell progression = FAIL (I mean does it really matter the way you fly through those levels, dev time was spent on this?)

To be fair, let me see if there is something positive to say.  I guess there will be some improvements to travel systems in zones most of us don't even play in anymore....  So even that overall is kind of fail.  I guess tradeskill quests being added is a good thing, thanks Domino.  No offense but I hate crafting so that doesn't do much for me.

Did I miss anything?  Feel free to +1 or -1 if you agree/disagree with above.

Alendril 90 Troubador 250 AA

Ribatio 90 Mystic 242 AA

Dreadpatch 90 Swashbuckler 171 AA

Delanar 70 Guardian

Blackghost 39 (BG) Assassin
Dreadpatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
stevenbanks

Loremaster

Old 08-18-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
Serian

General

Ok, Give me an option to put my spell graphics back, so "I"  Can see the old ones!  These new ones are not BETTER, they look like crap, and gave me a migraine within 20 mins of watching them. Thank you for taking something I enjoyed about the game and turing it into utter crap.  Guess IF I decide to keep playing I will have to turn off all spell graphics,

Thank you so much! 

I can't wait for my sub to end in a week.

Seri~

90 Illusionist of Crushbone Server EQ2.

80 Enchanter of Nameless Server EQ1 (and Ziuanna, Vasianna, Karianna, Ketrianna, and Fatesetter, Retired)

~~ Welcome to the Rangewalker Harem~~

Serian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:26 PM   #4
Mono

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I just took down my 6 year vet reward, and without question or doubt this is the worst GU I have ever seen.

$OE = FAIL

Smokejumper = FAIL

RMT = FAIL

SC Button in UI = FAIL

No new content = FAIL

SOGA default = FAIL

Change to low level spell progression = FAIL (I mean does it really matter the way you fly through those levels, dev time was spent on this?)

To be fair, let me see if there is something positive to say.  I guess there will be some improvements to travel systems in zones most of us don't even play in anymore....  So even that overall is kind of fail.  I guess tradeskill quests being added is a good thing, thanks Domino.  No offense but I hate crafting so that doesn't do much for me.

There's an awful lot of people who feel the same. GU57 has to be the worst GU ever! What worries me is these guys head into work each morning probably thinking there doing a good job!! o.O

Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:27 PM   #5
Dreadpatch

Loremaster

stevenbanks wrote:

Any reasons?  Let us know what you like/dislike? Agree with/ disagree with?  or is this just a troll.

Ribatio 90 Mystic 242 AA

Delanar 70 Guardian

Old 08-18-2010, 02:28 PM   #6
Vinyard
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Mono wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

$OE = FAIL

Smokejumper = FAIL

RMT = FAIL

SC Button in UI = FAIL

No new content = FAIL

SOGA default = FAIL

There's an awful lot of people who feel the same. GU57 has to be the worst GU ever! What worries me is these guys head into work each morning probably thinking there doing a good job!! o.O

Or, they could just be seeing the bigger picture of things.

Vinyard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #7
urgthock

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Mono wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

$OE = FAIL

Smokejumper = FAIL

RMT = FAIL

SC Button in UI = FAIL

No new content = FAIL

SOGA default = FAIL

I sincerely doubt it.

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:32 PM   #8
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

The big picture is $$$ ... and it is not the Dev's or even Smokejumper who is painting it.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:34 PM   #9
Carthr

General

EQ2 has become purely a social experiment.  An experiment in which a company completely ignores, degrades, and abandons it's paying customers, and see how long the customers will take it.. 

That's how I personally see SoE right now, because nothing they have done in the past 3-6 months shows any different.  Every single thing they've done has been in DIRECT contradiction of the current player base.  There has been no positives(I guess Underfoot Depths is as close to positive as it gets).. 

My sub runs out in September, and I will not be renewing.  The level of service that is being provided for my 15 a month sub, and 50 a year xpac isn't enough...  The insulting customer service, being treated like a 2 year old, and lack of basic business ethics, makes me sick to my stomach knowing that I'm funding your salarys and yet you treat your player base and I with this crap.

Good ridance SoE..

Carthr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:35 PM   #10
Mono

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

The big picture is $$$ ... and it is not the Dev's or even Smokejumper who is painting it.

then you could argue the reason they have or aren't making $$$ is because of past mistakes and poor development! 

Smokejumper should change his name to Smokescreen!

Mono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:38 PM   #11
Dreadpatch

Loremaster

I have heard of other companies able to increase revenue from it's client/customers, usually it does not entail doing the exact opposite actions that it's existing customers/client base wants. Just saying... Someone with a marketing backround can confirm, but isn't is 70% easier to sell to an existing customer than it is to find a new one? (I actually think it's 90%, but I'm shooting low).

Ribatio 90 Mystic 242 AA

Delanar 70 Guardian

Old 08-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #12
Wytie

Mouse Betrayer!

But hey atleast we get a new Station cash button forced on our UI.

Im still looking for the new content us non ftp customers are getting this update, im sure its here somewhere.

How can you make the GU after Fan fair so fail for everyone who is already playing this game.

We dont even get that new terrible zone they added at FF, prob better that way from what I hear...

Old 08-18-2010, 02:39 PM   #13
NrthnStar5

Loremaster

You did forget something....

Elusion = Fail

In all fairness though, you go through a list of things and label them "fail" with no constructive reasoning behind why YOU feel they fail. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but imo your post fails simply as it has no substance.

Personally, I like the UI update, the spell revamp, the improvements to Shader 3.0. I'm indifferent about the SC button. I think it refreshes the game and I look forward to rolling an alt to enjoy it.

People get so bent out of shape that you would think the sky is falling. A heavy dose of perspective is needed.

THIS IS JUST A GAME. DO NOT LET IT RUIN YOUR DAY OR IMPACT YOUR ATTITUDE NEGATIVELY. THE WORLD HAS FAR MORE SERIOUS PROBLEMS.

The effort and energy some people put in to discuss recent game changes and decisions by SOE blows my mind. That energy could be used towards things that actually make a difference in the world.

Just sayin'

NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #14
stevenbanks

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

stevenbanks wrote:

Any reasons?  Let us know what you like/dislike? Agree with/ disagree with?  or is this just a troll.

I actually like the new UI color scheme, hotkey shapes. I don't absolutely love the new big hotbar, but I don't hate it either. I love the new sneak animation and my UI seems a bit more clean. I hate tradeskilling, but the new quests are actually pretty fun and they make tradeskilling more tolerable. 

Old 08-18-2010, 02:45 PM   #15
EQPrime

Loremaster

I agree that this is the worst update ever for existing players.  As for the comment about the guys heading into work thinking they are doing a good job, I think they're doing what they're tasked to do, so I don't blame the developers for this update.  They probably did put in a lot of work and the ones who aren't working on the update are certainly working on the expansion or perhaps content for next update.

The problem is that the management team and producer allowed this update to go out with no content for existing players.

Arbre - Warden/Sage
Flippyfloppies - OP SK
Amplify - Troubadour

Slege
Mistmoore
EQPrime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:47 PM   #16
Jesdyr
Server: Unrest
Guild: Curmudgeons

Loremaster

Mono wrote:

then you could argue the reason they have or aren't making $$$ is because of past mistakes and poor development! 

Smokejumper should change his name to Smokescreen!

Who said they arent making money ?

I would like to point out this interview of John Smedley from Nov 13 2009

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/s...nterview?page=1

Eurogamer: How profitable has Free Realms turned out to be?

John Smedley: As you'd expect, we don't discuss numbers, but I assure you we're very happy with the results; pleasantly surprised, in fact. I would say we're continuing to invest in the free-to-play and micro-transaction-funded MMORPG field with some unannounced products that we'll be announcing sometime next year.

SOE was given this direction a long time ago. Smokejumper was called in as Brenlo's replacement because RMT is what he does but overall these changes were put into motion before he got here. Sure some of the specifics might be Smoke's but the overall direction was not his.

Jesdyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:50 PM   #17
Dreadpatch

Loremaster

NrthnStar5 wrote:

Elusion = Fail

In all fairness though, you go through a list of things and label them "fail" with no constructive reasoning behind why YOU feel they fail. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but imo your post fails simply as it has no substance.

Personally, I like the UI update, the spell revamp, the improvements to Shader 3.0. I'm indifferent about the SC button. I think it refreshes the game and I look forward to rolling an alt to enjoy it.

People get so bent out of shape that you would think the sky is falling. A heavy dose of perspective is needed.

THIS IS JUST A GAME. DO NOT LET IT RUIN YOUR DAY OR IMPACT YOUR ATTITUDE NEGATIVELY. THE WORLD HAS FAR MORE SERIOUS PROBLEMS.

The effort and energy some people put in to discuss recent game changes and decisions by SOE blows my mind. That energy could be used towards things that actually make a difference in the world.

Just sayin'

I have put my reasoning in other posts that were completely ignored that explained why I felt the way I did.  I don't really feel like going into another paragraph plus explanation per thought.  These were spread out amongst F2P feedback thread, UI feedback thread etc....  I listed them here in a general manner.

There are 10's of thousands of posts here of people who play this game including yourself who took the time to write this post (so in essense you = fail for even responding to and reading it based on your own logic).

You can comb through the other topics and find my reasons if you care enough.  This is my general feeling and I'm entitled to put it down here until I'm banned.

I can't solve the world's or SOE's problems, but I can talk about them.  Just like two people on the streets talking about the issues of the world that can't do a darn thing about them.  Nice troll.  So if you want to belittle my feelings go for it, doesn't change them, doesn't remove the post, doesn't change the fact you read them, and doesn't change the fact you took the time to respond.

Now please go ahead and go back to solving the worlds problems for the rest of us, and let me bury my head in the sand and try to enjoy the game I love that is being destroyed.

Thanks,

Elu

Ribatio 90 Mystic 242 AA

Delanar 70 Guardian

Old 08-18-2010, 02:54 PM   #18
sompet_eq2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Break update to have to do emergency shutdown on EU server is prime time?

sompet_eq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:56 PM   #19
Andok

Loremaster

Reading threads like this make it look like the EQ2 community is all 12-year olds.

C'mon, while this isn't the greatest GU, it's not bad.  I have only played for a little while so far, but the new UI is nice, the new spell effects are not nearly as bad as I thought they would be (some are even better), the new linked travel options are cool, there are more quests...

Go ahead and continue on your tantrums - I'm going to log back on and have fun like I always do.

Andok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #20
NrthnStar5

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

NrthnStar5 wrote:

Elusion = Fail

Just sayin'

I have put my reasoning in other posts that were completely ignored that explained why I felt the way I did.  I don't really feel like going into another paragraph plus explanation per thought.  These were spread out amongst F2P feedback thread, UI feedback thread etc....  I listed them here in a general manner.

There are 10's of thousands of posts here of people who play this game including yourself who took the time to write this post (so in essense you = fail for even responding to and reading it based on your own logic).

You can comb through the other topics and find my reasons if you care enough.  This is my general feeling and I'm entitled to put it down here until I'm banned.

I can't solve the world's or SOE's problems, but I can talk about them.  Just like two people on the streets talking about the issues of the world that can't do a darn thing about them.  Nice troll.  So if you want to belittle my feelings go for it, doesn't change them, doesn't remove the post, doesn't change the fact you read them, and doesn't change the fact you took the time to respond.

Now please go ahead and go back to solving the worlds problems for the rest of us, and let me bury my head in the sand and try to enjoy the game I love that is being destroyed.

Thanks,

Elu

If you have already posted in several other threads, what good is it going to do to start another thread? I'm sure you have put your constructive reasoning, but you didn't in this thread, so I cannot see any positive purpose from this.

I never implied that players shouldn't post on the forums. However, it's how tremendously involved people get that starts to get out of hand. Again, many act like the sky is falling, but in perspective, it is NOT that serious. That was my point, do you understand now? Not that everyone should stop caring about a game and worry about bigger things. Simply pointing out how out of hand it gets, at least it seems to quite a bit with MMO players.

NrthnStar5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 02:59 PM   #21
Jonaroth

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

$OE = FAIL

Smokejumper = FAIL

RMT = FAIL

SC Button in UI = FAIL

No new content = FAIL

SOGA default = FAIL

+1 to

SC Button in UI = FAILRemoval of 14 day trial = FAIL

but -1 to all other "fails" to the OP, all the changes were pretty good and needed IMO. A lot of the changes might not effect you or me, but those changes are important for bringing new players to the game, and keeping them, and that's what EQ2 really needs unless you just want the game to die out and never repopulate.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #22
convict

Loremaster

History repeats itself once again. The CU for EQ2 where they change the UI and animations for spells.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:01 PM   #23
Striikor
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Purgatory

Loremaster

Andok wrote:

Reading threads like this make it look like the EQ2 community is all 12-year olds.

C'mon, while this isn't the greatest GU, it's not bad.  I have only played for a little while so far, but the new UI is nice, the new spell effects are not nearly as bad as I thought they would be (some are even better), the new linked travel options are cool, there are more quests...

Go ahead and continue on your tantrums - I'm going to log back on and have fun like I always do.

Really you think this was WORTH waiting 16 weeks for?

Can I have you for a customer? Please Please Please!

“The thirst for equality can express itself either as a desire to draw everyone down to one's level, or to raise oneself and everyone else up.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

“There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it.”

George Bernard Shaw
Striikor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #24
Dreadpatch

Loremaster

All fluff no content...  If you enjoy a GU that has zero actual content and fixed things that weren't broken to begin with, than yes this is the greatest GU ever.  Seriously?

You saying you wouldn't rather see an auto attack bar or click to cure in the new UI?  Those would be quote "improvements" to the existing UI.  The only change to the UI is the way it looks with nothing valuable added for actual game play.  The only thing new to the UI that I'm aware of is a SC button.  I'm not saying the sky is falling, but that really isn't an improvement to the UI they had before. 

If they added SC button say with an auto attack bar, click to cure, quick clickies on names to cast JC or mana flow, it would be much more palatable.

I mean seriously, some of these responses must be people who would be handed a piece of poo by SOE and would love it.  I just can't see how a veteran player can say this is a good GU with a straight face.

Ribatio 90 Mystic 242 AA

Delanar 70 Guardian

Old 08-18-2010, 03:03 PM   #25
glowsintheda

General

I watched my wife play on her account for 5 minutes..  don't really care anymore that my good comp died last week so am reduced to playing old RPGs on an e-machine that we got for the kids.  Doesn't seem to be any reason to log in anymore.  Hopefully I will be able to resurrect the computer in time for Rift at least.

glowsintheda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:05 PM   #26
Dreadpatch

Loremaster

NrthnStar5 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

NrthnStar5 wrote:

Elusion = Fail

Just sayin'

Thanks,

Elu

If you have already posted in several other threads, what good is it going to do to start another thread? I'm sure you have put your constructive reasoning, but you didn't in this thread, so I cannot see any positive purpose from this.

I never implied that players shouldn't post on the forums. However, it's how tremendously involved people get that starts to get out of hand. Again, many act like the sky is falling, but in perspective, it is NOT that serious. That was my point, do you understand now? Not that everyone should stop caring about a game and worry about bigger things. Simply pointing out how out of hand it gets, at least it seems to quite a bit with MMO players.

You have a choice to read my post and to agree/disagree with it.  I didn't break any rules.  You attacked me, and I responded back.  You're still reading this thread and my response, so that tells me something right there.

Ribatio 90 Mystic 242 AA

Delanar 70 Guardian

Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #27
Cdtek

Loremaster

IM sure they will try to silence anyone who is outspoken about the update even if they do it in a civil manner thats how its always been and lately ive been noticing it alot now, so it doesnt do anygood to voice your opinion now.Just find a new game or suck it up. I for one will be cancelling my 12 accounts.

Old 08-18-2010, 03:06 PM   #28
Andok

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Andok wrote:

Really you think this was WORTH waiting 16 weeks for?

Can I have you for a customer? Please Please Please!

I wasn't waiting for the GU - I was already having fun without it.  Like I said, there has been better updates, but this one isn't bad.

Also, you can have me as a customer as long as you provide a product that I like.

Andok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:08 PM   #29
Tenchisama
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Yoricks Merry Men

Loremaster

disclaimer - I have not yet seen the update myself (at work atm) and I am highly concerned about the content changes

I understand a lot of veteran players are concerned over the changes - especially since most of the changes do not include any immediate benefit or improvement for veteran players.  I agree - it would have been much nicer to have something for those of us who are current subscribers to enjoy.

That having been said - the future of the game has many facets - making the existing playerbase happy is one facet - another is enticing more players to JOIN the playerbase - the longterm health of the system relates to this as you cannot count on existing users to always stay.  You must have an influx of new players to expect this game to continue.

Some changes are losing some of the flavor that makes this game different - but - it can also be said that in reducing the demand on hardware you may gain more entry level players.  I personally dislike the F2P model - but - it may also bring in new players. 

Hopefully they will see that we need a bone thrown to us too - but before we complain too much about changes we have to realize that something needs to be done because we do not have enough new subs coming in...

Tenchisama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 03:13 PM   #30
Dreadpatch

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

disclaimer - I have not yet seen the update myself (at work atm) and I am highly concerned about the content changes

I understand a lot of veteran players are concerned over the changes - especially since most of the changes do not include any immediate benefit or improvement for veteran players.  I agree - it would have been much nicer to have something for those of us who are current subscribers to enjoy.

That having been said - the future of the game has many facets - making the existing playerbase happy is one facet - another is enticing more players to JOIN the playerbase - the longterm health of the system relates to this as you cannot count on existing users to always stay.  You must have an influx of new players to expect this game to continue.

Some changes are losing some of the flavor that makes this game different - but - it can also be said that in reducing the demand on hardware you may gain more entry level players.  I personally dislike the F2P model - but - it may also bring in new players. 

Hopefully they will see that we need a bone thrown to us too - but before we complain too much about changes we have to realize that something needs to be done because we do not have enough new subs coming in...

Just as a quick note, nothing is being done in regards to "enticing moreplayers to JOIN the playerbase" on our servers.

Note: removal of 14 day free trial 

Why do I care if there are more players on a RMT server?  What does that do to improve the game play or population on the server I already pay and play on?

There is always a simple statement in business/ RL that should be remembered "What's in it for me?"  We know what's in it for SOE, the chance to cash in on a lot more money.  But what is in it for me?  The existing paying customer.

Ribatio 90 Mystic 242 AA

Delanar 70 Guardian