EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > Items and Equipment
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-10-2010, 01:55 AM   #1
Alazarz
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster

Please SOE make an adornment mirror. The adorns are very expensive to buy / make. For pve for instance i like critbonus adorns for weapon, shield and bow.. For solo pvp i like runes of mending. Either i have to have 2 of the same item with diffrent adorns on each or i have to spend alot of plat on new adorns.. Or, i can just stick with one setup and be lacking in either pve or pvp..

Adornment mirrors plx

regards,

alazarz

Alazarz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:46 AM   #2
lollipop

Loremaster

Good idea! I would also like to voice my opinion for class mirrors. When I am lfg I would like to be an INQ. When I am pvp I would like to be a SK or a zerker. When I am solo I prefer bruiser.

Class mirror thx!

lollipop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 11:13 AM   #3
Alazarz

Loremaster

lollipop wrote:

Good idea! I would also like to voice my opinion for class mirrors. When I am lfg I would like to be an INQ. When I am pvp I would like to be a SK or a zerker. When I am solo I prefer bruiser.

Class mirror thx!

Why troll a thread with a reasonably sound idea? I don't mind trolls on retarted threads, they have their place there. But why troll this thread?

Old 06-10-2010, 12:23 PM   #4
EasternKing

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

lollipop wrote:

Class mirror thx!

Why troll a thread with a reasonably sound idea? I don't mind trolls on retarted threads, they have their place there. But why troll this thread?

Because this is a retarTed thread.

You cannot see it because it is yours, but i assure you, it is.

EasternKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 12:54 PM   #5
QuestingCrafter

Loremaster

To have each item "live two lives" (i.e.: mirror storage) would probably consume too much coding and testing resources to deploy. I suspect SOE intends that if you want different gear for different purposes, you'll acquire it and adorn it to each specific end.

Even with the merging of blue bonuses, there's enough variety to field a set of solo PvE gear, group/raid PvE gear, and PvP gear (if that interests you). In turn, you adorn those pieces with bonuses applicable to its focus. If you were going to acquire different pieces anyway, then you would be adorning them anyway; the only "savings" would be when a piece of gear was particularly great for more than one activity, or you'd not yet acquired a specialized piece (but then, if you'd invested in a particular adornment, and later received that specialized piece, you'd be buying another copy of the adornment for the new piece).

Ultimately, SOE doesn't want things to be "too easy" (or "too inexpensive") in a game; nor "too tedious", granted. While very convenient and cost-saving, I would bet producers/devs see the request as unnecessary, if not undesirable. But that's my 2c.  ;)

A twist on the request would be to ask that adornments be removable, but when removed, they gain the NO TRADE tag. You would examine an adorned item, and it'd give you a popup (like when you examine a HQ item) asking if you'd like to remove the current adornments. I still suspect this would be onerous to implement, and contrary to the consumption/sink intended for adornments. But I thought I'd toss it out there.

QuestingCrafter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 01:12 PM   #6
Alazarz

Loremaster

EasternKing wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

lollipop wrote:

Class mirror thx!

sounds like your the retardd obviously.. u cant understand the simple concept of an adornment mirror? rofl..wow

So.. iam retarted for wanting to spend less plat on these adorns? please elaberate on why an adornment mirror is an retarted idea... i would love to here why its a stupid idea..

ps, your a terrible troll.. not even good at it..

Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 PM   #7
Malacha

General

[email protected] wrote:

EasternKing wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

lollipop wrote:

Class mirror thx!

sounds like your the retardd obviously.. u cant understand the simple concept of an adornment mirror? rofl..wow

So.. iam retarted for wanting to spend less plat on these adorns? please elaberate on why an adornment mirror is an retarted idea... i would love to here why its a stupid idea..

Maybe if you weren't taking things so personally you could be more objective. The idea is a bad one, IMO. And contrary to your belief that you are the smartest guy alive, I'm allowed to think, and post, that your idea is a bad one.

Why is it bad? Because adornments are meant to be a plat sink. You aren't meant to swap them out whenever you feel like PVPing. If you're serious about PVPing, then either find a balance to your adornments (instead of switching ALL of them to Runes of Mending, switch one or two), or find another piece of gear suitable for that slot and adorn it with your PVP adornments.

Maewyn | Maelya | Alania | Maehymn | Maelani (Account Canceled)
Malacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:05 PM   #8
Eveningsong

Tester

An AA mirror is feasible because it doesn't affect any material items.  Making something that would physically change gear sounds likely to be buggy as heck and far too exploitable.  Plus, as someone else pointed out, adornments are meant to be a plat sink.  If they wanted us to be able to reuse them over and over, they could just make them removeable (I'm sure they could do a right click transmute back to base item and adornment ala the house item transformations if they wanted to).

Eveningsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:37 PM   #9
Deson

Loremaster

Eveningsong wrote:

Plus, as someone else pointed out, adornments are meant to be a plat sink.  If they wanted us to be able to reuse them over and over, they could just make them removeable (I'm sure they could do a right click transmute back to base item and adornment ala the house item transformations if they wanted to).

Malachani wrote:

Why is it bad? Because adornments are meant to be a plat sink.

Actually, we have no idea if they are supposed to be a plat sink or not( unless Beghn posted it in some private forum). Much like the rest of the first implementation of transumting/adorning, not a lot was made clear and given how the design was also meant to replace a few other things, it's not even an easy guess that it is acutally meant to be a sink. The idea of removable adornments has also been contemplated by development recently so it's not farfectched they may be working on an alternative to our current system.

OP idea is terrible. ignoring coding difficulties we know nothing about, how many different builds are you even looking at to mirror? If anything, you'd end up spending more since it'll likely be like AA mirrors; you'll have to have multiple adornments for the same gear. Better off pushing for adornment removers like they had in EQ1.

I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom. I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break my doom and gloom.I will not let Domino break...
Deson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:40 PM   #10
Jaremai

Loremaster

In lieu of a mirror, I'd rather a certain reflecting pool from EQ1 that would let me salvage an adornment with the use of a not-cheap solvent.

That would preserve the plat-sink because I'd have to buy solvents (or have adorners/alchemists make them).. but would also preserve the adornment that I spent decent plat buying.

..or is this retar"t"ed also?

Jaremai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 03:49 AM   #11
Besual

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

In lieu of a mirror, I'd rather a certain reflecting pool from EQ1 that would let me salvage an adornment with the use of a not-cheap solvent.

That would preserve the plat-sink because I'd have to buy solvents (or have adorners/alchemists make them).. but would also preserve the adornment that I spent decent plat buying.

In EQ1 removing an adornment from an item with the solvent gave you the adornment back but destroyed the item, didn't it?

Brigant 90 / Alchemist 90
Coercer 90 / Sage 90
Besual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:22 AM   #12
Wingrider01

Loremaster

Besual wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

In EQ1 removing an adornment from an item with the solvent gave you the adornment back but destroyed the item, didn't it?

depended on the adornment - it did not detroy the item but the adornment in some cases, in some it gave it back to you.

Solvent would not be bad - priced at around 250-300 PP per removal

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 08:47 AM   #13
Alazarz

Loremaster

Malachani wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

EasternKing wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

lollipop wrote:

Class mirror thx!

Maybe if you weren't taking things so personally you could be more objective. The idea is a bad one, IMO. And contrary to your belief that you are the smartest guy alive, I'm allowed to think, and post, that your idea is a bad one.

Why is it bad? Because adornments are meant to be a plat sink. You aren't meant to swap them out whenever you feel like PVPing. If you're serious about PVPing, then either find a balance to your adornments (instead of switching ALL of them to Runes of Mending, switch one or two), or find another piece of gear suitable for that slot and adorn it with your PVP adornments.

adornments could still be a plat sink.. obviously we all get new and improved items on the daily ( for the most part) the plat would then go to buy new adorns for those NEW items.. not like your gonna be using the same weapon for example the whole time playing eq2..  I should be able to switch adorns via an adorn mirror once i have purchased both of the adorns i would like to alternate between.. make the mirror just like the aa mirror in that u can have only switch between 2 adorns on any given item..

Hey, i aquired a ne item today!! I have to adorn it!! wow look at that im still spending platz!! If an mirror were introduced  you would still have to spend plat on adorns for NEWLY aquired items..

So, it's obvious that the trolls here are adorners and they are getting on the offensive very fast.. kinda like crusaders getting all fired up whe they see / hear the N word.. nerf that is!!

its w/e, so.. i should basically be denied an adorn mirror so the adorners pockets can grow fatter? rofl.. gotcha

Old 06-11-2010, 10:27 AM   #14
Hene

Loremaster

Wingrider01 wrote:

Besual wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

depended on the adornment - it did not detroy the item but the adornment in some cases, in some it gave it back to you.

Solvent would not be bad - priced at around 250-300 PP per removal

Not saying its a bad or good idea, but wow...wingrider you obviously have never bought, sold, or traded for an adornment...

Hene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:12 AM   #15
Skwor

Loremaster

Geesh adornments are fine just the way they are. Sorry this is a BAD idea any way I look at it imo. Please don't consider implementing anything like this, the economy is shakey enough as it is now.

Skwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 11:16 AM   #16
Skwor

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Malachani wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

EasternKing wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

lollipop wrote:

Class mirror thx!

adornments could still be a plat sink.. obviously we all get new and improved items on the daily ( for the most part) the plat would then go to buy new adorns for those NEW items.. not like your gonna be using the same weapon for example the whole time playing eq2..  I should be able to switch adorns via an adorn mirror once i have purchased both of the adorns i would like to alternate between.. make the mirror just like the aa mirror in that u can have only switch between 2 adorns on any given item..

Hey, i aquired a ne item today!! I have to adorn it!! wow look at that im still spending platz!! If an mirror were introduced  you would still have to spend plat on adorns for NEWLY aquired items..

So, it's obvious that the trolls here are adorners and they are getting on the offensive very fast.. kinda like crusaders getting all fired up whe they see / hear the N word.. nerf that is!!

its w/e, so.. i should basically be denied an adorn mirror so the adorners pockets can grow fatter? rofl.. gotcha

Paranoia much?

Skwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 05:13 PM   #17
Malacha

General

[email protected] wrote:

You really are dense aren't you? I am not an adorner, I have no intention of becoming one. I am a transmuter, but i only mute for my own uses, I don't sell my components. So this isn't about me making plat. Its about you coming up with a stupid idea, then getting all offended when people tell you its stupid.

Maewyn | Maelya | Alania | Maehymn | Maelani (Account Canceled)
Malacha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 12:45 PM   #18
Alazarz

Loremaster

Malachani wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

You really are dense aren't you? I am not an adorner, I have no intention of becoming one. I am a transmuter, but i only mute for my own uses, I don't sell my components. So this isn't about me making plat. Its about you coming up with a stupid idea, then getting all offended when people tell you its stupid.

your obviously the one thats dense. Folks could still make alot of plat from adorns.. when people get new items for example they would needa buy TWO ADORNS for that item if they wish to use a mirror with the item.. so actually u would be spending MORE plat..  most people buy ONE adorn per item and alot of times it remains on the item until it is disgarded or no longer used.. so.. overall more mney would be spent on adorns PER ITEM..  ya im not the one thats dense here tbh.

Old 06-12-2010, 01:53 PM   #19
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

your obviously the one thats dense. Folks could still make alot of plat from adorns.. when people get new items for example they would needa buy TWO ADORNS for that item if they wish to use a mirror with the item.. so actually u would be spending MORE plat..  most people buy ONE adorn per item and alot of times it remains on the item until it is disgarded or no longer used.. so.. overall more mney would be spent on adorns PER ITEM..  ya im not the one thats dense here tbh.

She's right though, it is a stupid idea.  Honestly if you want to have gear with 2 different sets of adornments, get 2 sets of gear, adorn one set one way, and the other set a different way.  Anyone who has basically said the concept is stupid, you come back and accuse them of being stupid basically for not agreeing with you.  Generally that should consist of personal attacks which aren't allowed and usually get the posts locked. 

This isn't about not killing the adornment market by forcing people to buy new adornments everytime they want to change them around.  The basic principle is stupid, which is the point.  Sure there's gear that I may tend to swap around when I'm soloing on my characters that differs from when I'm grouped or raiding, and even gear that differs depending on what classes are in my group, potentially even fight to fight.  But I make a choice as to what's more important to me.  The entire point is the game is forcing you to make a choice, either I want to adorn these items to benefit me primarily for PVE groups/raids, primarily for PVP, or primarily for solo.  If your choice is you need to have a set of adorns viable for all of them, then you have to make a compromise, either by going by whichever one set is most important to you, making the decision to obtain a 2nd set of gear to adorn, or choose an item or two in your normal gearset to adorn in another manner.

Another thing, I highly doubt anyone would ever say someone is stupid for wanting to spend less plat on adornments, the method you suggest to go about it is another story.

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 02:17 PM   #20
Wullail
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Synergy

Lord

I vote No.

A badly thought out idea.

Wullail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
Kenban

Loremaster

Its just too complex to be workable. Also on the front of removing adornments using solvents like EQ 1. I don't see the problem here as long as it uses a rare or costs plat. But the two games have very different methods for players to get adornments. In EQ most adornments are mob drops, quests, or purchased from vendors. You can't just simply craft another of most of the adornments. If EQ2 starts having mob dropped adornments or quested adornments (which I would like to see) then we would need adornment solvent until then its just something that would be nice to have but not a necessity.
Kenban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #22
Alazarz

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

She's right though, it is a stupid idea.  Honestly if you want to have gear with 2 different sets of adornments, get 2 sets of gear, adorn one set one way, and the other set a different way.  Anyone who has basically said the concept is stupid, you come back and accuse them of being stupid basically for not agreeing with you.  Generally that should consist of personal attacks which aren't allowed and usually get the posts locked. 

This isn't about not killing the adornment market by forcing people to buy new adornments everytime they want to change them around.  The basic principle is stupid, which is the point.  Sure there's gear that I may tend to swap around when I'm soloing on my characters that differs from when I'm grouped or raiding, and even gear that differs depending on what classes are in my group, potentially even fight to fight.  But I make a choice as to what's more important to me.  The entire point is the game is forcing you to make a choice, either I want to adorn these items to benefit me primarily for PVE groups/raids, primarily for PVP, or primarily for solo.  If your choice is you need to have a set of adorns viable for all of them, then you have to make a compromise, either by going by whichever one set is most important to you, making the decision to obtain a 2nd set of gear to adorn, or choose an item or two in your normal gearset to adorn in another manner.

Another thing, I highly doubt anyone would ever say someone is stupid for wanting to spend less plat on adornments, the method you suggest to go about it is another story.

your not on a pvp server.. so you dont have to worry about wanting RUNES OF MENDING FOR OPEN WORLD PVP BECAUSE THEY ARE OP FOR SOLO OPEN WORLD PVP... AND THEN WANTING CRIT BONUS ADORNS FOR MY PVE.. YOUR SOME BLUBIE thinking u know everything...

Ok so please enlighten me on why it is a stupid idea.. FIRSt it was that its a plat sink.. that got SHUTDOWN since each item u aquire u would actually be buying two adorns to use the mirror.. SO enlighten me on why its stupid? dont just sit here and tel me its a bad idea and / or stupid without letting me know why.. so far people have just aid "get two sets of gear huhuhuhuhuhuhuhu" wow really i havent thought of that..and for the record i wasnt the one starting personal verbal attacks.

Old 06-13-2010, 07:53 AM   #23
Alazarz

Loremaster

iam sorry please move this thread to the pvp section. Iam talking to the wrong crowd here.. as everyone who ive spoken to ingame on nagafen thinks its a good idea.. not saying there are some whom may not like it but everyone ive spoken to on nagafen supports the idea..  pleae reroute this to pvp, thx

Old 06-13-2010, 02:40 PM   #24
Seiffil
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Grievance

Loremaster

You think because I'm on a blue server I don't wonder whether certain adornments that aren't as useful for groups/raids might be very beneficial while soloing?  You think because most people make a choice as to what benefits them the most with regards to their playstyle you shouldn't be required to?  It's a matter of choice, and making a compromise for what benefits YOU the most.

As someone else said, in EQ1 where all adornments, at least when I played were either dropped by raid mobs or bought off of a special merchant using points or tokens, they allowed us to buy solvents so we could change adornments around on our gear.  However these solvents were rather significant plat sinks compared to anything you might call a plat sink in EQ2. 

So before you go make your condescending arguments because you're mad that someone doesn't agree with you, maybe you should consider the arguments for once, and understand where everyone is coming from.  Even if you do get this post moved, I'd be EXTREMELY surprised if this was implemented on PVP servers only, meaning there's still going to be input from PVE servers that you don't like. 

I'd probably say due to your repeated responses insulting people directly who disagree with you, that this thread deserves to be locked rather then moved.

Seiffil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2010, 10:33 AM   #25
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Solvents FTW Using a solvent should produce a NO TRADE version of the adornment.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote