EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Development Corner > In Testing Feedback
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-08-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Rothgar

Developer

Battlegrounds have been activated on the Test Copy server and we'd like to see people starting to join as soon as possible.

We have not done a wipe on Test Copy, so if you have a character on that server, log in and give Battlegrounds a try.  We will be re-enabling the /testcopy command today, so if you aren't on this server, go ahead and queue yourself up.

We expect a lot of people requesting a copy, so it might take a little time to get everyone moved over.

Expect bugs and expect crashes so if you notice something out-of-place please report it to us using the /bug or /feedback command. 

To access battlegrounds, press Alt-Z (the old Zone Reuse window).  The first tab should allow you to select a match and queue yourself or your group.

Let us know if you have any issues.

Rothgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:10 PM   #2
renewedbullet

Loremaster

wish it worked
renewedbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:11 PM   #3
CorpseGoddess

Loremaster

renewedbullet wrote:

wish it worked

...and the winner for the "Least Helpful Feedback Given Award" goes to...

Old 02-08-2010, 07:12 PM   #4
Rothgar

Developer

We're looking into the queuing issue.   We had several locks on it to keep people out so we probably just forgot to disable one of them.  SMILEY

Old 02-08-2010, 07:13 PM   #5
renewedbullet

Loremaster

/cross fingers for a quick patch!
renewedbullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:16 PM   #6
Gaige

Loremaster

Rothgar do you guys plan to launch Battlegrounds next Tuesday with only a week of testing?

Old 02-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #7
Vortexelemental
Server: The Bazaar
Guild: Wherever the Wind May Blow

Loremaster

Rothgar wrote:

We're looking into the queuing issue.   We had several locks on it to keep people out so we probably just forgot to disable one of them. 

I call first try ! I was the first one on test to wait for it >SMILEY

Ah, you went and made me giggle.

There goes my sandwich.
Vortexelemental is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #8
Dreyco

Archive of Ik

Honest Mistake.  ignore this.

Grand Historian of The Archive of Ik
Dreyco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
alabama

Loremaster

Dreyco wrote:

Gaige wrote:

Rothgar do you guys plan to launch Battlegrounds next Tuesday with only a week of testing?

It's been on beta for weeks.

if its been testing in beta for weeks, why doesnt it work on test

Smokejumper: "The monthly subscription fee means players can expect a lot of new content from us. And I say a lot - I really mean that. This is something that we feel obligated to the players, because they are paying monthly sub fee."

alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:33 PM   #10
Gaige

Loremaster

Dreyco wrote:

Old 02-08-2010, 07:34 PM   #11
Quicksilver74

Loremaster

If there are any problems and it needs more testing or whatever... then I would suggest they simply launch them but don't include rewards until all the bugs are ironed out.  Mite as well be able to test them live and just start adding the loot when BG's are "Fully Tested".   It'd be better than restricting the testing to test if there is a delay. 

Quicksilver74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:47 PM   #12
Maliclipse

Loremaster

Will the BG's come to beta so we can test them out at level 90 and test the new BG level 90 gear also Roth?

Maliclipse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:48 PM   #13
Dulissa
Server: Antonia Bayle

Loremaster

Dreyco wrote:

Gaige wrote:

for weeks? really? seeing how there is a post dated 2/7 that says 9 days and counting and its still not on beta....

wait...2/7...that was yesterday!

weeks....yeah. maybe the battlegrounds merchant. 

Dulissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:49 PM   #14
Cloakentuna

Loremaster

Dreyco wrote:

Gaige wrote:

I musta been playing on a different beta these past few weeks then

Cloakentuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
Gaige

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If there are any problems and it needs more testing or whatever... then I would suggest they simply launch them but don't include rewards until all the bugs are ironed out.  Mite as well be able to test them live and just start adding the loot when BG's are "Fully Tested".   It'd be better than restricting the testing to test if there is a delay. 

After the MMB earring "fix" I'd prefer if changes to the game are thoroughly tested before implemented.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #16
Rothgar

Developer

There are some limitations in our server configurations that keep us from combining Beta and Test so that they can both participate in the same Battlegrounds. We'd have to stand up a new battlegrounds cluster for beta but we opted to go with the Test environment for BG testing because we should see a higher load since Test copy is available to everyone.

Old 02-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #17
alabama

Loremaster

i have to delete beta to make room to load test server onto my comp to test the battlegrounds ive been waiting 2 months to test. then wait for a fresh char copy to be added over to test so i can play there. awsome

Smokejumper: "The monthly subscription fee means players can expect a lot of new content from us. And I say a lot - I really mean that. This is something that we feel obligated to the players, because they are paying monthly sub fee."

alabama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:03 PM   #18
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

alabama wrote:

i have to delete beta to make room to load test server onto my comp to test the battlegrounds ive been waiting 2 months to test. then wait for a fresh char copy to be added over to test so i can play there. awsome

There's a buffer on the CL/Ant docks.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:43 PM   #19
Raknid

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

alabama wrote:

Spells, gear and AA like beta?

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 08:47 PM   #20
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

Raknid wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

alabama wrote:

Spells, gear and AA like beta?

You won't be buffed to 90 I'd assume. It's been quite some time since I buffed on copy, but I believe I got shard armor, Myth, don't recall spells.

Battlegrounds: I crashed immediately when the Gears of Klak'Anon instance started. Tried to log back in (still was listed as being in Gears) and crashed immediately again. Looks like I'm stuck.

edit: Not sure if someone moved me or if it was eq2maps causing it (just thought to disable them before trying again). Either way, I got pushed back out now.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:05 PM   #21
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

Dreyco wrote:

Gaige wrote:

the merchant has been on beta for weeks, this is the first anyone's been able to test battlegrounds.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:16 PM   #22
Josgar

Loremaster

Damage is really high, I felt like toilet paper haha.

Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:21 PM   #23
Rothgar

Developer

I just played a few matches with you guys and it was a blast!  SMILEY

Until we have more people queued up, the teams might end up a little unbalanced.  I noticed in the last Capture the Flag game, my team had a healer and the other team didn't.  The matchmaker should keep this from happening if there are enough people in the queue.

Keep in mind this testing is to help us determine what needs to be balanced.  So if you feel like something is out-of-whack, go ahead and /feedback it.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:32 PM   #24
MADDTHWIPPS

Loremaster

The level buffer guy would be nice, while some ppl wait for their characters to be copied over. someone said it was up, but i think it was despawned due to the server going down.

MADDTHWIPPS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 09:33 PM   #25
Maliclipse

Loremaster

Hey roth is there any way to see what the Flag count is? Im in the Capture the flag zone alone since everyone else got EQ2 crashed. I capped once to see if i could find where you can see the flag count but i could not find it.

Also is there anyway to leave a BG. Ive capped 5 times and havent won yet. But no one else has come online so im trying to finish the game out. but its not working.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:38 PM   #26
Rothgar

Developer

Maliclipse wrote:

Hey roth is there any way to see what the Flag count is? Im in the Capture the flag zone alone since everyone else got EQ2 crashed. I capped once to see if i could find where you can see the flag count but i could not find it.

Also is there anyway to leave a BG. Ive capped 5 times and havent won yet. But no one else has come online so im trying to finish the game out. but its not working.

Not at the moment.  The best way to tell is by looking at the score since you get about 150 for a flag capture.

Old 02-08-2010, 09:48 PM   #27
Ravaan

Loremaster

that was a lot of fun ...

not to be premature or anything but if these go over well could we see more BGs and other type of PVP on PVE servers

would love to see a few more BGs ... maybe a few 12 vs 12 or more 24 vs 24.

Ravaan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:04 PM   #28
Excalibur1

General

I already /bugged this, but when playing a 6v6 and someone from my team left the game would add a new person to my team but in a new group.  I believe this was because it made the person who left look as if they were in a different zone, but still part of the group.  This will need to be corrected in order to make the systems job easier when it tries to balance the groups.

Excalibur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:12 PM   #29
Carpediem
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Azure Skies

Loremaster

I've crashed three times now when trying to zone in after accepting the invite from the queue. I log back in it kicks me out and gives me the "Truancy" debuff so I have to wait 5 minutes before trying to get back in.

Everytime has been Klak so far. I'll try a different one to see if it happens again.

Carpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 10:20 PM   #30
Maliclipse

Loremaster

Is there any plans to allow killing players to give guild status?