EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Planes of Prophecy Beta > General Beta Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 10-18-2017, 01:52 AM   #1
Giga

I used /Beta this morning and when the servers came up still no character. I did it again a few hours ago and wondering what the average time should be?
Giga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 02:40 AM   #2
wiouxev2

I don't think anyone's copied over yet. I did a /beta this morning myself and have seen nothing come through yet.
Old 10-18-2017, 03:42 AM   #3
Giga

10-4, thanks
Giga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
Anaranj

I already have my copy in the subdirectory "beta". When trying to enter the game with my main, the screen is no longer in the windowed mode and after a few seconds in black, it appears the selection of characters and only offers me the option to create a new char. I suppose the char hasn't yet been copied to the beta server but then why does it offer me the option to create a new lv 95 char?
Anaranj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2017, 01:22 PM   #5
Celan

Don't choose a character with the drop down menu in the launcher, just hit the play button and let it load to the character selection screen. If that doesn't pop up but your only option is to create a lvl 1 or a heroci lvl 95 char, then your character copy hasn't gone through yet. You're always free to make a new char since the character slots on beta don't count against your normal char slots limit.
I started copying a char of mine right after preordering about 14 hrs ago and my char isn't available yet. Am holding back on trying to recopy cause Kander yesterday said during the stream that would just push the char back at the end of the queue. And according to what was said on Discord yesterday there are known issues with the copying on top of that.

Caith - Yesterday at 5:20 PM
We're looking at the issues with beta copies, the pipeline that the copies go through changed entirely in the last several months due an update that was controlled by another department

Hope that helps.
Old 10-18-2017, 01:49 PM   #6
Malahk

Thanks Celan,

I don't think any of us planned to test beta with a beta buffed character. Yesterday was a little disheartening and I'm sure we're all looking forward to having our own characters copied over to use.