EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > Terrors of Thalumbra Beta > Zone and Quest Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 11-07-2015, 12:19 AM   #241
Kaitheel

Developer

It's not just this item. The art build for Beta broke a lot of stationary objects in the world.

I pushed a temporary fix for this one particular quest, but it'll be broken again if the zone comes down or if it crashes.

~ Kaitheel
Kaitheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 12:50 AM   #242
Khimaira

Underdepths Saga: Zaphardt's Defenders:

When fighting Black Bolt, I follow him through the first portal but no matter which portal I choose when he says "Choose wisely! Muahaha!" I end up falling through the world and dying. I hope that isn't intentional for choosing the wrong one. Plus I can't see any visual indication on which portal he uses then (plus if it is a color indication then color blind players will have trouble).

Edit: Ok, was finally able to beat him. Assuming the falling through the world is intentional, my bad for not realizing the portal color is the same each pair of time he ports. Smile Still might be an issue for color blind people. Also, the mercenary ignores the whole portal and runs to Black Bolt wherever he goes.
Old 11-09-2015, 02:20 AM   #243
Kaitheel

Developer

I have some more signature quest changes headed to Beta, soon*:
  • Underdepths Saga: Eyes of the Ironshadow - Maps should be easier to distinguish in the District of Ash.
  • Underdepths Saga: Unveiled Dangers - Primordial Malice are now visable to all while fighting or dead.
  • Underdepths Saga: Luminous Quest - Glow toad egg clutches should be easier to distinguish in the water now.
* As per usual, I don't know when these changes will be on Beta, but they should be included with the update notes at that time.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-09-2015, 07:20 AM   #244
Shadowscale

was forced to run district of ash twice for eyes of the ironshadow. could not find last page.
Shadowscale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 03:49 PM   #245
SgtPmpkn

Not sure if this is posted before but /bugged in game as well -

BUG: Final instance of sig line - Palace of Unity - Tserrina encounter. I attacked the Butcher prior to getting the buff from the Queen. Tserrina did not reset and the ramps up to the Queen were still blocked. Could not restart the encounter and had to reset zone after 1.5 hours to complete.

Solution: a) Reset Tserrina after a death to the Butcher, or b) Do not let the Butcher become active and attackable until after the Queen casts her buff on the player.
SgtPmpkn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:02 PM   #246
Chrol

Developer

You get a potion in your inventory that ports you back to the queen when the butcher spawns.
Chrol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 04:44 PM   #247
SgtPmpkn

Ah great news, I did not know that nor recall seeing it in any text box or pop-up. Is there some indication that this is the intended method?
Old 11-09-2015, 04:54 PM   #248
Chrol

Developer

It should be messaged to your chat window when you receive it. You're not the first to miss that so I'll put in some on screen messaging as well.
Old 11-09-2015, 04:56 PM   #249
SgtPmpkn

Great news, yes, maybe I glossed over it accidentally. Thanks for the update.
Old 11-09-2015, 06:55 PM   #250
Sigrdrifa

Look for something that looks like a heap of scrambled eggs along the edges of waterways.
Old 11-09-2015, 08:02 PM   #251
Shadowscale

dont even know what im trying to see looking for the egg clutches for Luminous quest
Old 11-10-2015, 10:32 PM   #252
Sigrdrifa

The quest "Underdepths Saga: Into Darkness" states: "Investigate the nearby city." I can plainly see the city in the direction of Outer Maldura, , so when I started the adv quests first on my next test toon, darn if I didn't run smack into the guards in front of the Maldura doors, d'oh!

While Stoneheart Yards is probably technically part of the city, Gwynnura is about 180° AWAY from the direction I think most people would interpret as "the city". Maybe change the text to "Investigate the outlying areas of the city"?
Old 11-10-2015, 10:34 PM   #253
Kaitheel

Developer

Yet you didn't have this trouble the first time you did the quest, did you? Perhaps you were getting ahead of yourself, in doing it your second time through?

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-11-2015, 12:21 AM   #254
Sigrdrifa

Naw, same problem. Even though I have done it three times before, I keep forgetting until "Oh yeah, guards" as I hit the rez. Part of this is trying to take notes on the first couple of toons through.
Old 11-11-2015, 12:56 AM   #255
Kaitheel

Developer

Ah, okay. That helps me. Thank you!

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-11-2015, 05:24 AM   #256
Shadowscale

Unveiled palace... the mobs there need the same debuff the advanced solos do for us squishys.

its also filling up my inventory with water each time i die. yeah i know the last named wont be debuffed due to mechanics but would like to keep my inventory space.

nameds range is a bit further then would seem thogh... and could be a bit more forgiveing trying to get it exactly centered in the black stuff....
Old 11-11-2015, 06:04 AM   #257
Shadowscale

gave up, between haveing to run far to large of a circle to prevent from getting hit and then not being able to get them in the circle in time, and inventory filling up with water. will wait for changes. noticed i was getting heals from something. but not frequent enough.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:04 AM   #258
Chillispike

I miss this thread sorry and posted https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...os-and-malice-maldura-unveiled-palace.565400/ there allready

Main things related to (Maldura: Unveiled Palace):
1. I started with my Coercer tryed to kill the first 2 aggro trash mobs with casual dps like i do while questing. The result was that i dead after 3 hits of each mob because the hitted my for like 250k autoattack on each hit.
Since they only do kinda insane autoattack damage for solo trash mobs, i dazed and stunned them once my nukes where down. I managed to kill the named with nukes as well, but tbh that outgoing autoattack damage is kinda extrem. In compare the mobs in "Kralet Penumbra: Temple of the Ill-Seen (Advanced Solo)" don't hit that hard and you can run it with a healer in group.

2. I got 1 water to summon to the queen every time i died. since i tryed it 4 times i got 4 waters .. possible to make that water "lore" so i can have only 1?

3. if you attack the butcher while under sickness you can't damage him, even when you got him into the circle .. but i guess that is intendet somehow ^^

4. the circle doesn't work right the moment it pops, i mean as long as you see the X the butcher isn't effected by it. He was effected by it once it turned into a big black ring. that happend to me like 4 times .. he really just runned across the X so i had to make him turn around and still no effect, then it went full black and he was effected by it.

5. Sidenote: How does the butcher block or parry while he can be damaged? (29 blocks and 18 parries out of 203 attacks)

6. The dark lines from terri : i ain't saw those, ok i don't play with full effects but still i do see the most of them. Terrina says various things through the battle but the emote that she is casting the ring was there only once or twice.

7. The 30% for the heal seems to be ok, sometimes that a little to low :/ I runned past him survived with 31% and 2-3 hits later down to 3% and then dead :/ it would be well let's say more predictable if the heal would trigger once you are below 30% but can't trigger again within 20 seconds. Nearly same effect like now and it wouldn't make it a lot easier just more predictable when it should trigger.

8. Once it was dead, the queen had no feather above the head and the second respond ("Zou Kunnen? Who is that?") of the dialog didn't had the Signature frame like the others.
Old 11-11-2015, 02:57 PM   #259
Sintropy

FYI, Maldura: Unveiled Palace is apparently offline. Trying to zone in this morning and I get the "Waiting for zone server" and then after a few minutes you're kicked back into Maldura.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:25 PM   #260
Chrol

Developer

We're looking into it. Thanks.
Old 11-11-2015, 03:41 PM   #261
Alexic

Thank you Chrol for at least posting to let us know issue is being looked into. Know you Devs are super busy right now. Smile Possible eta of zone being available again?
Old 11-11-2015, 04:25 PM   #262
Sigrdrifa

Quest: Underdepths Saga: Luminous Quest still needs more rancid poxfiends. There are two people out here this morning hunting them, and since the quest update is not 1 per dead poxfiend, we're both circling endlessly waiting for respawns. This won't be good at launch.

EDIT: Checking my logfile...
Hit the first poxfiend: [Wed Nov 11 10:10:27 2015]
Hit the last poxfiend: [Wed Nov 11 10:33:41 2015]
Time spent completing this quest step: 23:14
Old 11-11-2015, 04:53 PM   #263
Chillispike

I had a similar thing, but only till i figured i need the rancid ones lol.
I found like 10 to 20 i think up at once even the respawn was okish tbh (killed 5 to 8 or so the first respawned again). You'll need to fly up above the leafs and even a little further up because i found 2-3 up there.
But i agree if you hunt them alone it's ok if more ppl are around in that area it will be "hard to get" update and that not because of the "rare" Questupdate
Old 11-11-2015, 05:22 PM   #264
Sintropy

Thanks for looking into it. Any ETA on this yet?
Old 11-11-2015, 05:56 PM   #265
Kaitheel

Developer

I now it's been a while since you posted, but there are 11 rancid poxfiends up, right now on Beta in Luminous Steppe and Peaks. I'll add more, but as of this morning's update, they now have a guarenteed number up at all times.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-11-2015, 05:57 PM   #266
Kaitheel

Developer

Yes! Definitely search on all levels of the flora canopy for them.

~ Kaitheel
Old 11-11-2015, 06:25 PM   #267
Alenna

Underdepths Saga: Eyes of the Ironshadow

maps need to respawn quickre or more maps have spent 20 minutes trying to get all 12 10 trying to find the last 2
Alenna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:40 PM   #268
Sigrdrifa

The maps are available in the heroic and in the advanced solo version of the zone, throughout the zone. Someone made a change so that the maps make a kind of "paper fountain" effect, making it easier to see them, too.
Old 11-11-2015, 06:43 PM   #269
Sigrdrifa

I was starting with my back against the ceiling and working my way down through the leaf clusters. You can see at a distance which leaf clusters have poxfiends, because there are dead hoppers in those places. The first time I did it (several days ago) I got all my poxfiends bip-bam-biff, but I was the only one out there because it was 4AM Central.
Old 11-11-2015, 07:57 PM   #270
Kaitheel

Developer

Good. Great advise for anyone else.

This is a great tip, but more poxfiends were added, so they are not only located near dead hoppers.

~ Kaitheel