EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 08-02-2012, 08:33 AM   #1351
Helanor

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Helanor wrote:

Do I have to transfer my account to still access my toons on the US servers, all mine have been on AB since the game began. Or can I leave the account where it is now and still be able to log in?

And will the being able to still play on US servers just apply to existing games still?  I really can't consider playing EQ Next without my US and Aussie friends .  Been together over ten years in some cases.  This is what has really upset me. Every other game we've played over the years, at least we had the option of buying a US or UK game copy where there were regional servers so we could still play together.

Yes, sadly you do.  Server makes no difference - everyone can play on any server, just as now.  It is all about where you live.  If you are in Europe, you will need to transition your account to PSS1 to play on any SOE server.  If you are US or elsewhere in the world, you stay with SOE and play on any server.

And unfortunately pretty much every prediction and concern about PSS1 we players have made or had over the last 7+ months has come true.

You have to be about the only remaining Euro who is still considering playing EQNext after all this fiasco!

Peace and Solidarity

Bah.  I really don't want to transfer my details.  And don't worry SMILEY. "Play" EQ Next isn't quite the right word, more drop in and chat to my friends.  But if I can't so be it.  Bye bye it will have to be to SOE I'm sure Turbine will appreciate the extra money I can spend on more ponies lol.   It's not just this once I've been treated like this by SOE.  I had a creature handler in Star Wars Galaxies.  It was only my friends I'd made there playing EQ2 that made me try it, and l did enjoy the game immensely over the last 8 years, but you can only treat your customers like that once, twice is just to much.  MMO's yes are made great by the design and gameplay, but that is nothing without the people who play it, and the friendships and ties we make over the years, to many companies forget that these days.  Money first, people and their inconvenient feelings somewhere bottom of the list.

Helanor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:06 AM   #1352
Alienor

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Yes, sadly you do.  Server makes no difference - everyone can play on any server, just as now.  It is all about where you live.  If you are in Europe, you will need to transition your account to PSS1 to play on any SOE server.  If you are US or elsewhere in the world, you stay with SOE and play on any server.

So just for my understanding, all I would need to do is to open a ticket and ask them to change my country in the account details to anything non-EU. That should be the only place where they would now where I am from. It is no longer based on the IP I am using to log on?

Alienor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 11:37 AM   #1353
Saroc_Luclin

Loremaster

Alienor wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

So just for my understanding, all I would need to do is to open a ticket and ask them to change my country in the account details to anything non-EU. That should be the only place where they would now where I am from. It is no longer based on the IP I am using to log on?

As long as you don't mind Silver access or have other non-Credit Card ways to pay for your account. (Note that there are reports that if your Credit Card info is Euro, it won't let you use it  at all).

Saroc_Luclin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #1354
Seffrid

Loremaster

Alienor wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Unfortunately, the situation applicable to those Americans based in (or visiting) Europe along with those Europeans based in (or visiting) America hasn't been fully resolved so far as I am aware.

Even if you were able to persuade SOE to register your account to America rather than Europe (which I doubt they would be able to do under the terms of the deal with PSS1, at least without very good reason), you may then find that the separate game launchers are IP locked and that you cannot activate the SOE launcher from Europe or the PSS1 launcher from America - again this is something that hasn't been properly clarified although that is my present understanding of how it will work.

It would be nice if some of these issues could be resolved once and for all, we're really just running on guesswork at the moment.

Seffrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 06:30 PM   #1355
Pariel

Loremaster

Nice to see the courtesy post from Piestro telling us the usual line thats been repeated since February - absolutely nothing.

Since DCU has now moved over, I can now confirm that the rule that dictates if you have to move to ProSieban is not based on the country assigned to your account (which is what was stated in a previous red name post)

I had my country code updated to United States as I have the luxury of a US postal address as well as a UK one. I had this updated many months ago when it was stated it wasnt anything to do with IP, but based on your account address.

Since DCU went over, it now tells me I have to create a PSS account if I wish to continue playing DCU.

So another load of balony... 

SOE, it would appear flag accounts to be sent to PSS since the All Access accounts are staying with SOE, therefore they must be able to flag accounts to be PSS accounts or not.

UK player, SOE account forever
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 05:51 AM   #1356
Madgincia

Loremaster

Would any of the red names care to comment regarding the remote access issue?

This surely is a breach of all decent security models and for so many of us is proving to be the final straw. All of the rest of the irritations and concerns could perhaps have been lived with but this definately can't be. I am not the only person whose job would prohibit this. Surely stuff like this should provide a get out clause.

So what happens to the outstanding membership time that my husband and I have that we will not be able to use because SOE are dumping us with a third rate outfit. We have both got about 18 months left on subs that we chose to pay to SOE rather than PSS1 because of our concerns about giving PSS1 CC information.

SOE please comment on this latest debacle courtesy of PSS1 and at least give us a way out of this short of cancelling subs and stopping playing a game that for so many of us is held very dear

Madgincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 07:01 AM   #1357
ninui

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

I don't think it would matter in the slightest if they did, time and time again we see a post to 'say' they are looking into issues raised and then nothing.

We even have examples where a red name says that somthing has been dealt with only for one us to find that it has not. Either they are being misled by PSS or SOE are downright lying to us about dealing with out concerns. I know where I would place my money.

The only substantive issue to be addressed since this farce began is the issue of server access, everything else is exactly as presented in January.

Hollow statements from mendacious SOE 'customer services' emplyees are as worthless as silence. At least you can trust the truthfulness and integrity of silence.

ninui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 08:40 AM   #1358
Raknid

Loremaster

Pariel wrote:

Nice to see the courtesy post from Piestro telling us the usual line thats been repeated since February - absolutely nothing.

Since DCU has now moved over, I can now confirm that the rule that dictates if you have to move to ProSieban is not based on the country assigned to your account (which is what was stated in a previous red name post)

I had my country code updated to United States as I have the luxury of a US postal address as well as a UK one. I had this updated many months ago when it was stated it wasnt anything to do with IP, but based on your account address.

Since DCU went over, it now tells me I have to create a PSS account if I wish to continue playing DCU.

SOE, it would appear flag accounts to be sent to PSS since the All Access accounts are staying with SOE, therefore they must be able to flag accounts to be PSS accounts or not.

You might want to check your method of payment. Someone mentioned earlier that a credit card with an EU billing address caused problems.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:39 PM   #1359
Morgania434

Lord

It was stated that the BILLING ADDRESS of your Credit card would be used to determine if you went with pss1 or stayed with SOE.

* edited for not being very nice, sorry

Morgania434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #1360
Piestro

Community Relations

[email protected] wrote:

This surely is a breach of all decent security models and for so many of us is proving to be the final straw. All of the rest of the irritations and concerns could perhaps have been lived with but this definately can't be. I am not the only person whose job would prohibit this. Surely stuff like this should provide a get out clause.

So what happens to the outstanding membership time that my husband and I have that we will not be able to use because SOE are dumping us with a third rate outfit. We have both got about 18 months left on subs that we chose to pay to SOE rather than PSS1 because of our concerns about giving PSS1 CC information.

SOE please comment on this latest debacle courtesy of PSS1 and at least give us a way out of this short of cancelling subs and stopping playing a game that for so many of us is held very dear

This should now be changed along with several other items brought up in this thread. I'm about to verify myself.

EverQuest Community Relations Manager

Piestro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 01:40 PM   #1361
Piestro

Community Relations

Seffrid wrote:

Alienor wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Unfortunately, the situation applicable to those Americans based in (or visiting) Europe along with those Europeans based in (or visiting) America hasn't been fully resolved so far as I am aware.

Even if you were able to persuade SOE to register your account to America rather than Europe (which I doubt they would be able to do under the terms of the deal with PSS1, at least without very good reason), you may then find that the separate game launchers are IP locked and that you cannot activate the SOE launcher from Europe or the PSS1 launcher from America - again this is something that hasn't been properly clarified although that is my present understanding of how it will work.

It would be nice if some of these issues could be resolved once and for all, we're really just running on guesswork at the moment.

The launcher will not be IP locked.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #1362
Piestro

Community Relations

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

This should now be changed along with several other items brought up in this thread. I'm about to verify myself.

Looks like I spoke a bit too soon, the changes have not made it live yet. There are some changes coming however.

Old 08-03-2012, 01:59 PM   #1363
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

Piestro wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Looks like I spoke a bit too soon, the changes have not made it live yet. There are some changes coming however.

Can you clarify exactly which 'items' apart from the remote access are PSS1 claiming to have changed?  Quite a few critical issues have been raised recently and it would be good to know which PSS1 consider important.

Maybe waiting till the changes WERE live before telling us about it?  Then you could include a list of changes and links?

I personally won't believe it till I see it - they said they would change the EULA bit about deleting accounts many months ago, it was supposed to be live, we got told it was, but it never happened. 

I would love for my cynicism to be wrong this one time.

Peace and Solidarity

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 03:52 PM   #1364
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

Can you clarify exactly which 'items' apart from the remote access are PSS1 claiming to have changed?  Quite a few critical issues have been raised recently and it would be good to know which PSS1 consider important.

we will find out for sure.

i am located in germany - and i have an account with them. so per local law they need to make sure i get those changes in my inbox. if they don't I will have fun with them - there is nothing more easy to cause troubles than if a company offering "online services" and not making sure i really READ and agree to those changes.Of course - yeah - I am somehow hoping they will not follow the rules because bringing that to attention at the proper instances here costs me nothing

Pipsissiwa wrote:

I personally won't believe it till I see it - they said they would change the EULA bit about deleting accounts many months ago, it was supposed to be live, we got told it was, but it never happened. 

Well - not fully true SMILEYThey put that clause in a shiny new dress and hid it a bit more so it is less obvious.

To be honest: I wouldn't even care about that clause if it were like: We deserve the right to delete accounts after 12 months that never paid anything. (no gold for at least a while and no other payments either - with soe or pss1 of course). That way the customer would loose nothing they paid for and they could clean up their database every now and then.

Now that we are talking about that again - does SOE still have that clause in their EULA? I think it is there. So if PSS1 changes it so they say that they won't delete characters ever - SOE will have to follow that - or they could delete accounts for those people not under PSS1 jurisdiction. SMILEY

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #1365
Tallisman

Loremaster

Just a thought... if I haven't got an email yet, does that mean that I stay with SOE as they legally can't fob me off to P7S1 until 30 days after I receive one?

Click my drum. Here's the story behind it.
Tallisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 02:11 AM   #1366
Madgincia

Loremaster

Tallisman wrote:

Just a thought... if I haven't got an email yet, does that mean that I stay with SOE as they legally can't fob me off to P7S1 until 30 days after I receive one?

I have a feeling that this affects a lot of us. If I hadn't read the boards I would have been blissfully unaware of this catastrophic change either. I have checked my mail again and again and gone through all of my old mails and I cannot find it but yet I got the latest one regarding SOE Live this morning and regularly get SC updates and offers but the one mail that matters is missing.

It is becoming more of a debacle daily. Surely with all the questions and concerns still unanswered they cannot move us untill they are resolved. I fear though that I am being very naive on that one though.

Thank you for your response though Piestro, even though it said nothing to allay my fears. I work for the NHS, would you want to have your medical record potentially compromised because a third rate TV company who deal with constantly hacked games have access to any PC that uses the NHS IT network? I thought not, that's why it is a sackable offence to alow it.

Madgincia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2012, 08:11 AM   #1367
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Tallisman wrote:

Sadly that is unlikely.  SOE would argue that they have made their 'best effort' to let us know via a primary communication source (ie: email), and would argue that just cos we didn't get it doesn't mean they didn't send it.  They could probably even prove that they did send it, even tho most of us (myself included) still haven't had anything despite promo stuff spamming constantly atm.

Of course we all know how good SOE 'best efforts' really are, but legally I think they are covered.

Peace and Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Old 08-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #1368
Pariel

Loremaster

Raknid wrote:

Pariel wrote:

You might want to check your method of payment. Someone mentioned earlier that a credit card with an EU billing address caused problems.

Checked and double checked - its all US related stuff

So where they said its based on your location on your account is a lie - its some switch they set to say "You're PSS, You're SOE" - that way all the All Access people who've been left "until later" can still play via SOE, location irrelevant.

Old 08-06-2012, 04:19 AM   #1369
Pariel

Loremaster

So, I just saw a commercial on TV... 

"Millions of players online"

"Thousands of foes"

"Join your friends"

"Play free now"

Runescape.

WTG SOE... that advertising deal is going REAL well... WoW advertise, Runescape advertise... I've yet to see ANYTHING ANYWHERE for DCU, EQ2, any SOE product whatsoever.

Old 08-06-2012, 08:41 AM   #1370
theriatis

Loremaster

Hi,

there are Commercials from Pro7 for EQ2, at least on German Channels... since then we have some new players (enough to fill a second Halas / Neriak) on Valor.

If just SoE were (hasn't been ? Grammar, my old enemy...) not so stubborn a few years ago and invested a fewdollars (euros) in TV Advertisments, well, who knows...

Regards, theriatis.

i need a good laugh now and then, too
theriatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 09:35 AM   #1371
BeeJay

Loremaster

theriatis wrote:

Hi,

there are Commercials from Pro7 for EQ2, at least on German Channels... since then we have some new players(enough to fill a second Halas / Neriak) on Valor.

If just SoE were (hasn't been ? Grammar, my old enemy...) not so stubborn a few years ago and invested a fewdollars (euros) in TV Advertisments, well, who knows...

Regards, theriatis.

This was supposed to be a European deal, not a German one. I  don't have access to German TV channels from the UK. Never have I seen an SOE game advertised in the UK, but have seen many other MMO's advertised.

SOE are getting screwed by this deal and a result so are the European players. I hope this deal turns out to be an epic fail, otherwise the powers that be will force SOE down the same track for it's remaining playerbase and outsource the then to some Pacific Rim country where costs are much reduced. So my American, Australian and other cousins you fancy having to deal with a - insert you choice of 3rd world country - service desk ?

BeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:09 AM   #1372
Darq

Loremaster

I won't register with P7S1.

Will I get a refund on the remaining 10 months of game time?Will I not be able to log in and play EQ2 with SOE's launcher?

When I started playing MMOs there was this German company Computec that had a German Meridian 59 license. If I wanted to play on German servers with German translation I had to create an account there but I could also create an account over at 3DO and play on their servers. Same with DAOC and GOA/Mythic.

I know this way the way you wanted to do it but since it would seperate communities and break friendships you chose a different path.

How about this:EU flagged Accounts will still be able to log in with your patcher but won't be able to renew their subscription. When the subscription runs out they're able to link their SOE account to the P7S1 account and subscribe with them if they so desire. Everyone happy, problem solved.

Darq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 10:32 AM   #1373
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

theriatis wrote:

Hi,

there are Commercials from Pro7 for EQ2, at least on German Channels... since then we have some new players (enough to fill a second Halas / Neriak) on Valor.

Regards, theriatis.

Not a thing from SOE or PSS1 on TV here in the UK, and I have all the cable channels and watch a lot of them.  I too have seen the Runescape ad several times, although in fairness Jagex are a UK based company (who incidently take accoutn security very seriously - a few lessons could be learned from them SOE/PSS1), but also for so many other games.  On some channels at certain times almost every ad is for a game.  I have never seen an SOE game advertised here ever. 

SOE keep muttering about how much stuff like advertising or going to shows costs, but it seems a dumb business model to limit your presence that way.  A mistake their competitors aren't making.  The parent company Sony spam ads everywhere over here too, from TV and cinema to billboards and bus-shelters, so they understand the importance/power of decent advertising.  You have to spend some money to get your message out there - most people won't just stumble onto games by accident, and web banner ads are frequently ad-blocked (they sure are on our machines) or could be dodgy so people don't click on them. If people don't know the game exists then they won't play it. It really is that simple.

If the German TV ads have brought in that many new players already, then it just shows that SOE have missed out for 8 years + by not advertising EQ2 (and others) properly globally.  Lets hope those new players will stay and will ultimately be good, group-worthy players.

EQ2 could have been/be as well known as WOW if SOE had dusted the cobwebs out of their pockets and coughed up for some UK/Euro advertising from the start.

Peace and Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 08-06-2012, 10:39 AM   #1374
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Darq wrote:

How about this:EU flagged Accounts will still be able to log in with your patcher but won't be able to renew their subscription. When the subscription runs out they're able to link their SOE account to the P7S1 account and subscribe with them if they so desire. Everyone happy, problem solved.

Not sure that makes any players happy except those who took out long subs - the rest of us who can only budget to pay monthly would be kicked to PSS1 straight away. 

Those who are lucky enough to be able to afford to pay a lump sum at once for 6 months or a year up front would get the best deal, and could stall going to PSS1 for that time, possibly until things settle down, while those of us not in that financial position wouldn't.  Seems rather UNfair to me.  Count me out of the 'everyone happy' if they did that.

I also notice that Piestro hasn't come back yet to tell us the promised changes that were supposed to be live before the weekend have actually happened...

Peace and Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 08-06-2012, 12:30 PM   #1375
sompet_eq2

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

I also notice that Piestro hasn't come back yet to tell us the promised changes that were supposed to be live before the weekend have actually happened...

So far it fits to the usual SOE communication pattern regarding P7S1: no changes despite the promises

sompet_eq2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2012, 03:03 PM   #1376
Piestro

Community Relations

sompet_eq2 wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

So far it fits to the usual SOE communication pattern regarding P7S1: no changes despite the promises

It turns out things were a bit more complicated than I originally thought. We're still working hard on this and I'll update you as soon as we get things worked out.

Thanks,

Old 08-06-2012, 04:45 PM   #1377
ninui

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

sompet_eq2 wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

It turns out things were a bit more complicated than I originally thought. We're still working hard on this and I'll update you as soon as we get things worked out.

Thanks,

Who is up for a game of Piestro Lingo Bingo?

5 points for everytime you spot 'we are working hard' and 10 for 'more complicated than we thought'.

... and how about a jackpot 50 points when he says something of worth SMILEY

ninui is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2012, 07:57 AM   #1378
Kerane

Loremaster

ninui wrote:

Piestro wrote:

I

5 points for everytime you spot 'we are working hard' and 10 for 'more complicated than we thought'.

... and how about a jackpot 50 points when he says something of worth

That is a bit harsh, Piestro is just the messenger. He is at least trying to keep us updated.

The problem as i see it is that SOE is butting their collective heads against the German wall that says: " We are allowed to do these things, so wether the players or SOE likes it, we will implement these things. Just because we are allowed to, and because we can"

Its hard to fight stubborness like that.

Old 08-07-2012, 08:39 AM   #1379
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

erane wrote:

ninui wrote:

... and how about a jackpot 50 points when he says something of worth

That is a bit harsh, Piestro is just the messenger. He is at least trying to keep us updated.

The problem as i see it is that SOE is butting their collective heads against the German wall that says: " We are allowed to do these things, so wether the players or SOE likes it, we will implement these things. Just because we are allowed to, and because we can"

Its hard to fight stubborness like that.

There is a lot of frustration bubbling over this, and it doesn't help when Piestro tells us changes has happened, then checks only to find they haven't, and then posts an excuse that we keep hearing - it may be true but it is still intensely frustrating to read effectively 'we're working on it' for the umpteenth time in the last 7+ months.  It was very foolish of him to post until after he had confirmed the changes has happened - inevitably people will be exasperated.

I suspect you are right. PSS1 probably don't see why they should have to change stuff.  After all, we are going to be using their service, not the other way round, so I'm sure they can't see a problem with forcing us to comply with their way of doing things, even though we have been SOE customers for all these years and are being forced to PSS1 if we want to keep playing.  A new service, fine - do what you want and people comply or don't use the service.  But taking over existing customers (and presumably wanting to keep them although I'm starting to wonder) - very different.

Likely it is 'complicated' because everyone agreed to the changes, it was all about to happen and then someone important found out at the last minute and didn't agree, or changed their mind.  Or the legal team objected for some reason.  Or the SOE games link in with the existing Alaplaya portal after all (shudder) and it would mean changing the rules there too. 

I hope SOE are stressing the strength of feeling being expressed here, although I suspect PSS1 (or SOE for that matter) really don't care much about us reliable, proven-to-pay-for years existing customers, just the new ones they are clearly confident of attracting.

/sigh

Peace and Solidarity

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 08-07-2012, 10:16 AM   #1380
Trevynoae

Loremaster

Sorry - but I just skimmed over the dcuo boards over there at pss1 ... one could find it hillarious if not that sad ...

stationcash being lost - characters getting lost - bought content lost (expansion packs, ...), bought / earned items: lost.

and the comment from the "Head of Florensia Tech Support" (uh? I thought we get support separate from alaplaya?) more or less tells the player: "Sorry - it's weekend.": http://en.dcuniverseonline.eu/forum...0.html#p5601747

(and just to mention - i had to read his two postings a couple of times - to figure out what he was about to say).

But what is even more funny: There are reports from people in the US that got flagged as EU but can't access the merge-website because it is locked for US IPs. Now ... maybe everybody should add DCUO to their account to check how their account might be flagged and to be able to solve issues before eqII transitions? Reports are that in such cases soe support doesn't give support because they are not in charge of eu-customers. (eu customers that live in the us as it seems ...)

http://en.dcuniverseonline.eu/forum...ur-t518822.html (SC gone)

http://en.dcuniverseonline.eu/forum...nt-t518798.html (something i can't really duplicate - but then - i am not fully set up with pss1)

http://en.dcuniverseonline.eu/forum...y--t519811.html (subscription fun)

Looking at all the problems just on their english board ... I have to ask: Did anybody at SOE and PSS1 test this whole process even just once? Usually - when migrations like that are about to take place - you take part of your existing database over to a test-system and do what users would do.

Trevynoae is offline   Reply With Quote