EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-10-2012, 10:15 PM   #301
Josgar

Loremaster

They should just keep bonus station cash and regular station cash as seperate items and not allow people to purchas subscriptions with bonus station cash.

Problem solved. Takes maybe five extra database queries.

Josgar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 06:37 AM   #302
arthemis1er

Lord

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

They should just keep bonus station cash and regular station cash as seperate items and not allow people to purchas subscriptions with bonus station cash.

Not a bad idea at all.

Redeem as 2000sc on triple SC day and get 2000sc+4000lsc (limited sc)

Need to make room in that stationcash window tho :p

arthemis1er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:40 AM   #303
Juravael

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

agnott wrote:

convict wrote:

THIS. It's that simple. Oh, and it's really sad people have to praise Smed for finally posting for damage control and nothing more.

The comments made by John Smedley are the most honest, forthright & genuine I have seen from any SOE management figure in years about any issue.  Now I have been ripping SOE for the way they communicate for years, so when he comes in here and gives you the honesty we have been screaming for    ...you have to give him the thumps up.

I agree completely. Smed did not even need to make a post. Before his post in this thread he had not been online in these forums since 2009. At least that is what his profile said when I checked the day that he posted. He could have had Piestro, Smokejumper or Holly do that for him if he wanted. He did the right thing in my opinion.

No.  The right thing would have been for Smedley to inform players of this change before it was implimented by SOE.  Coming here afterward and offering a half-hearted apology for how they handled the situation is Smedley's M.O.  This is what he does.  His company makes a mess, and then, when there's a huge player outcry, Smedley apologizes.  I'm not sure how an otherwise intelligent person could perceive that as the "right thing".

No kidding? Really? Wow you are so much smarter than the rest of us that have been posting the same thing for 21 pages already. Like the person that I quoted I have been slamming SOE for years now about the lack of communication and when I see some effort put forth I will praise it as such.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:25 AM   #304
Breckin

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

It would take a tad more than some queries.  Gonna have to modify some tables, change some of the client and web front ends but very doable and a very good idea.  Someone bump this up to to powers that be.

Breckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 11:40 AM   #305
Breckin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

You know, your arguement would make sense IF SOE had NOT specifically stated that recurring memberships COULD NOT be renewed with the rebate, during the last rebate weekend.  They have the ability, and have proven they can and will use that ability, to specify what services and products can be rebated and/or reduced in price in any fashion.

Now, I didn't take advantage of that rebate weekend for game time, because I didn't have enough available to use for that purpose.  I did get some other services instead, and I feel that I spent my balance fairly wisely.  With that said, I wouldn't have a problem with paying for monthly membership with gamecards, IF they provide a method for me to use them for multi-month discounted amounts.  Why should I be penalized and restricted to a paltry 30 day time frame, AND have to spend $15 each and every month, when I have reasons for not using my credit card, if I even have one???  Why should only those who have credit cards, and trust SOE with that information, be rewarded by being able to pay $5 a month for a yearly sub, after you take into account the bonus sc they receive while recurring?

SOE has definitely earned our trust, haven't they?  I mean, we know they have had personal information stolen from them by outside parties.  We know they have stealth removed features in the past, and only apologized when a huge outcry from the community commenced.  This is NOT the first incident of this type, and is NOT an isolated incident.  And I really don't approve of the apology from Smokejumper, because all he did was bring the feature back for a brief time with a very vague explanation of why it was removed in the first place.

I feel it's not unreasonable for me, as a long time veteran of the game, to expect that I want to be able to have the ability to purchase the game time, whether with a game card, or credit card, and pay similar pricing regardless of which method I use.  Provide me with multi-month options, with similar pricing, and I'll be happy.  I'll even accept having to pay a "little" bit more when using a game card, say, $6 a month for a 12 month sub, if that's available, rather than the $5 the credit card users get.  But the game is NOT worth $15 a month to me, and hasn't been worth it for several years.  Rift is worth $15 a month, because they actually listen to the community and respond.  Oh, and the amount of content they add every 1.5-2 months, for FREE, yeah, it's a young game and needs to grow, but it IS growing, while supporting the community.  Unlike what I've seen here for the past few months.  I do want to stay, don't get me wrong, I really do love this game, but I can't see having the sc option removed as being a good thing, not in the least.

Because you are in "their world" now.  The good thing is, we as customers have a choice.  Rather than letting this thread devolve into long, pedantic bickering, it might just be a better idea to find a solution that lets SoE do business and lets us as customers vote with our wallets if they are doing a good job at it.  Having the subscription prices at 15 dollars per month for some and 1-2 dollars per month for others based solely on timing and planning seems a little unstable.  I very much like the idea of separating the "real" vs. bonus SC idea suggested in another reply as a compromise.

Breckin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #306
Tigress

Loremaster

what the H am i supposed to do with all my extra SC?!  i dont have quite enough to buy a one year sub for either of my accounts and there is certainly not 10K (x2) worth of fluff that i'm willing to buy.

Tigress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 07:37 AM   #307
hexalobular

Lord

Tigress wrote:

what the H am i supposed to do with all my extra SC?!  i dont have quite enough to buy a one year sub for either of my accounts and there is certainly not 10K (x2) worth of fluff that i'm willing to buy.

Buy 6 or 9 months?

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 08:31 AM   #308
Merk

Loremaster

"I've asked the team to put them back up for a week to let people buy them with existing SC. I'm not sure when it will be back up. Maybe today or maybe Monday  (a lot of our team went to E3)." - Smedley, (source: www.Massively.com)So.....WHEN will it be back? Monday was yesterday.... 

Merk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 09:08 AM   #309
Juravael

Loremaster

Merk wrote:

"I've asked the team to put them back up for a week to let people buy them with existing SC. I'm not sure when it will be back up. Maybe today or maybe Monday  (a lot of our team went to E3)." - Smedley, (source: www.Massively.com)So.....WHEN will it be back? Monday was yesterday.... 

It's been back up.

As a matter of fact it was back up a couple of hours after Smed made that post.

Old 06-12-2012, 06:41 PM   #310
Merk

Loremaster

Merk wrote:

It's been back up.

As a matter of fact it was back up a couple of hours after Smed made that post.

Really? Not here in Sweden it seems.....When I enter the subscribtion plan, I do not have the option at the right side (with SC purchase) as I had before?I can only choose "normal" subscribtion  Am I at wrong billing place, or what?

Merk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 06:47 AM   #311
hexalobular

Lord

_Here_ in Sweden it's back, but it's only in the ingame Marketplace it seems.

hexalobular is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2012, 09:19 AM   #312
Juravael

Loremaster

Yes, I was refering to the option being back as in back on the Marketplace, in game.

Old 06-23-2012, 01:30 AM   #313
Mowster
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Ancient Covenant

Loremaster

THAT'S IT!!! I'M DONE AND I HAVE HAD IT WITH SOE!!!

I moved and have been off of the game for 2 months. Finally got my new comp set up. Bought sc(because of course who would think they would just stop a payment option without telling us?)and can't get a subscription with it! I will NOT I repeat will not give SOE my cc or debit info anymore after the last crap with peoples information getting stolen. That alone should be enough for them to leave SC as an option...sorry sony but ALOT of people just don't trust our information with you anymore...and you have the gall to accept only credit cards as a payment option? That is DISCRIMINATION! Against people who don't have credit or debit cards(who do exist), people who don't trust their cc info on your servers anymore(with good reason)...and it's a slap in the face to people who have played your game for years.

Well guess what...2 months without it I can leave it for good. I am sure that there are alot of other companies who would welcome my business...maybe I could even learn to like WoW because it seems they are treating their customers better than SOE is. WoW is happy to have PAYING customers money however they pay for the game I am sure...I will check...and if they welcome other payment methods then I will give them a chance. In the meantime I want my freaking money back for the useless station cash I now have for a game I will not play anymore. I refuse to play any mmorpg that does not offer alternative payment options.

There is more to the world than a piece of plastic...and why is it Sony that you want that info from people so badly that you are willing to hold their longstanding accounts hostage for it? Bend over and take it people is that what you said? I say goodbye EQ2 and will laugh as sony crashes and burns...no wonder your company is losing business...nobody likes a company that forgot who actually pays their bills.

Old 06-23-2012, 04:10 AM   #314
Haapy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

THAT'S IT!!! I'M DONE AND I HAVE HAD IT WITH SOE!!!

I moved and have been off of the game for 2 months. Finally got my new comp set up. Bought sc(because of course who would think they would just stop a payment option without telling us?)and can't get a subscription with it! I will NOT I repeat will not give SOE my cc or debit info anymore after the last crap with peoples information getting stolen. That alone should be enough for them to leave SC as an option...sorry sony but ALOT of people just don't trust our information with you anymore...and you have the gall to accept only credit cards as a payment option? That is DISCRIMINATION! Against people who don't have credit or debit cards(who do exist), people who don't trust their cc info on your servers anymore(with good reason)...and it's a slap in the face to people who have played your game for years.

Well guess what...2 months without it I can leave it for good. I am sure that there are alot of other companies who would welcome my business...maybe I could even learn to like WoW because it seems they are treating their customers better than SOE is. WoW is happy to have PAYING customers money however they pay for the game I am sure...I will check...and if they welcome other payment methods then I will give them a chance. In the meantime I want my freaking money back for the useless station cash I now have for a game I will not play anymore. I refuse to play any mmorpg that does not offer alternative payment options.

There is more to the world than a piece of plastic...and why is it Sony that you want that info from people so badly that you are willing to hold their longstanding accounts hostage for it? Bend over and take it people is that what you said? I say goodbye EQ2 and will laugh as sony crashes and burns...no wonder your company is losing business...nobody likes a company that forgot who actually pays their bills.

You DO realize that you can redeem those SC cards for a month of game time each? It is "either or" card. As far as people stressing over giving SoE their card numbers - it is more common for CC to be stolen from the swipe machines at local stores.

Haapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 04:56 AM   #315
gnomifiedx6

Seer

Was it only up for a few hours...? Seem to have missed it.

gnomifiedx6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 09:06 AM   #316
Wingrider01

Loremaster

gnomifiedx6 wrote:

Was it only up for a few hours...? Seem to have missed it.

If you are talking about the subscription it came back up around 06/08 for a week then was removed

Yes Jim, the user has experienced the dreaded PICNIC error

Wingrider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2012, 01:01 PM   #317
Kasar

Loremaster

Haapy wrote:

You DO realize that you can redeem those SC cards for a month of game time each? It is "either or" card. As far as people stressing over giving SoE their card numbers - it is more common for CC to be stolen from the swipe machines at local stores.

Well, that justifies laying off IT people to hire attorneys to chase a PS/3 hack while allowing months-old server vulnerabilities to go unpatched and leaving years of unencrypted bank data on the servers.  It's not just SOE, though the latter was, Sony overall has been more courtroom focused for security.

Trust them all you like, but why begrudge people who don't like Sony's priorities?

Kasar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:26 PM   #318
Wirewhisker
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Collateral Damage

Loremaster

Updating this thread since -- http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...topic_id=520097 --, which is a month newer, apparently is duplicative.

*Please do not discuss moderation on these forums per the forum guidelines*

Sony, let my people go. Or rather, let my people PLAY. Their way.

- People want to play.

- They bought lots of SC to play.

- The rug, it was pulled out from under them.

- Not everyone hangs on every word of this forum, and many don't get SoE emails (me, for one).

There are ways to make this happen without a sense of ZOMGWE'REGETTINGRIPPEDOFF coming out in Smedly's monthly meetings. So please, investigate them and bring them to pass.

Wirewhisker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 03:59 PM   #319
Gealaen_Gaiamancer

Loremaster

There's an SOE advertising staffer who is kicking his or her self for the whole "Play Your Way" phrase.  "You're in Our World Now" should still be the sign over the gate.  SMILEY

That said ... back when the SC non-recurring subs were pulled, there was a redname comment that they're assessing other options.

Any word on that, please?  I think you'll find that there's demand for such an option!

Gealaen_Gaiamancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:00 PM   #320
yohann koldheart

Loremaster

i think this was done as part of the pss1 transition. if soe allowed their players to buy multiple years of sub time with SC ,pss1 wouldnt be making any money.

i look for them to put it back up after the transition is finished.

yohann koldheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 04:31 PM   #321
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

- Not everyone hangs on every word of this forum, and many don't get SoE emails (me, for one).

Or read the Facebook page, or the Twitter page, or visit the Launcher, read the in-game announcement, or visit MMO sites apparantly.

SOE made, in my opinion, a smart business move.  They were looking at an issue with accounts receivable where the accounts payable due to the newer games being released would have put them into the red.  The prior situation of folks pay less than $3 per month for a gold subscription was not a viable business practice and frankly should never have been allowed.  Folks can still get a subscription using the SC cards, debit cards, credit cards, and other methods including mobile and Paypal.  If you still feel you are slighted you can contact Customer Service and see if they might, just might, be willing to work with you.  

Am also on Playxpert.

If I have time I'll even answer tech questions.

deadcrickets2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 05:28 PM   #322
Gaarysal
Server: Permafrost
Guild: Fist of the Empire

Loremaster

Easy fix for all of this:

Have 2 different SC pools

1) Normal funds (website purchases and base value of cards)

2) Bonus funds (+200/500 from walmart, double/triple)

- The SC window would simply show the two pools with a combined total.

- All items would automatically draw from this total.

- Special items such as subs and xpacks would have a special tag (just like no gift) that does not allow the bonus cash to apply towards the purchase.

If they wanted to be extra nice or save time they could make all previous balance count as normal funds and use the bonus funds pool going foward.

It's a win-win, soe makes the true amount of money for sub and xpack purchases, and people can still use sc to purchase subs for the wide variety of reasons.

Gaarysal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2012, 02:25 PM   #323
7foggynites

Lord

Why not just get rid of double or triple station cash and individually add sales or discounts to particular marketplace items instead? (If they removed recurring subs from the marketplace because of these double or triple station cash things...)

Old 07-12-2012, 02:26 PM   #324
7foggynites

Lord

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Or read the Facebook page, or the Twitter page, or visit the Launcher, read the in-game announcement, or visit MMO sites apparantly.

SOE made, in my opinion, a smart business move.  They were looking at an issue with accounts receivable where the accounts payable due to the newer games being released would have put them into the red.  The prior situation of folks pay less than $3 per month for a gold subscription was not a viable business practice and frankly should never have been allowed.  Folks can still get a subscription using the SC cards, debit cards, credit cards, and other methods including mobile and Paypal.  If you still feel you are slighted you can contact Customer Service and see if they might, just might, be willing to work with you.  

Last I checked, you cannot get a sub with paypal.

Old 07-12-2012, 02:58 PM   #325
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

foggynites wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Last I checked, you cannot get a sub with paypal.

I'm able to.  

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 07-13-2012, 04:59 AM   #326
underOATH

Loremaster

My subscription ran out today. I went to the SC store to renew it with my 3300 SC and noticed it was no longer an option. This is terrible. I bought my memberships with SC from 2x and 3x weekends. This game is not worth $15 a month. $5 a month with SC discounts/long term discounts, is okay, but there are too many other games out there to pay $15 a month for this one. I'm sad now SMILEY

underOATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:23 PM   #327
Trebien
Server: Nektulos
Guild: Raging Phoenix

Loremaster

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Umm, where in the launcher was there anything about the removal of non-recurring gold memberships?  I'm not certain about the in-game announcement, I have that off in a separate chat window now, so it MIGHT have been in there.  However, the only way I knew about it was someone hollering 1-9 chat the day it started.  I've also noticed a sharp decline in sc sales/purchases since this went into effect.  In fact, only one person on my server was interested in buying sc recently, and became really upset when he realized he couldn't use what he purchased to gain gold membership.

Trebien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:42 PM   #328
deadcrickets2

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

Umm, where in the launcher was there anything about the removal of non-recurring gold memberships?  I'm not certain about the in-game announcement, I have that off in a separate chat window now, so it MIGHT have been in there.  However, the only way I knew about it was someone hollering 1-9 chat the day it started.  I've also noticed a sharp decline in sc sales/purchases since this went into effect.  In fact, only one person on my server was interested in buying sc recently, and became really upset when he realized he couldn't use what he purchased to gain gold membership.

It was on the Launcher right after Smedley made his announcement.

Am also on Playxpert.

Old 07-14-2012, 05:25 AM   #329
General_Info

Lord

underOATH wrote:

My subscription ran out today. I went to the SC store to renew it with my 3300 SC and noticed it was no longer an option. This is terrible. I bought my memberships with SC from 2x and 3x weekends. This game is not worth $15 a month. $5 a month with SC discounts/long term discounts, is okay, but there are too many other games out there to pay $15 a month for this one. I'm sad now

Well i'd suggest you contact support and explain you situation and ask nicely if they could convert 3000 of your SC into 2 months sub time. i wouldn't hold my breath though.

Old 07-15-2012, 02:54 AM   #330
Rampage

Philosopher

deadcrickets2 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

deadcrickets2 wrote:

It was on the Launcher right after Smedley made his announcement.

Cant speak for others but I bought SC few months ago and only just came back to the game, to find I cant spend. Since I'm not playing the game from then til now I'm obviously not keeping up with it , reading Launcher, etc? This is the first I heard of it since I logged in today and saw it wasn't in the Marketplace. That is ree. tar. ded!

Rampage is offline   Reply With Quote