EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

 

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-19-2012, 07:39 PM   #61
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk
Rank: Matriarches

Tester
Whilhelmina's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: France (Storms)
Posts: 3,161
Default

btw, as we're speaking of teams, could it be possible to give us the name of the lead developper of each team? Like, i don't know, a list with "lead animator is Ttobey", "lead tradeskill and housing is Omougi", lead UI is Zoltaroth" and so on. Sometimes it gets a bit confusing, and knowing who is in charge makes things less awkward.
__________________
French Tradeskill Guide and my houses.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 08:54 PM   #62
Vlahkmaak
Server: Venekor
Guild: Opus Dei
Rank: Captain

Loremaster
Vlahkmaak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Yucaipa, CA
Posts: 1,213
Default

Halo of G4 wrote:

Is he? I have no clue to be honest, because if I recall from the community announcement that he transferred over to the development of EQNext. I seen him in recent podcasts, but my guess was that it was to help Holly out because she's in a position where she has no idea on what to do.

I believe you are thinking of Rothgar and not Smokejumper.

__________________
Obin 92 Iksar Necro Opus Dei Nagafen

Vlahkmaak 92 Troll Guardian Nagafen

Dwyrm 92 Dwarf Paladin Nagafen

Shoofaug 92 Iksar bruiser Nagafen

Vlah 92 Troll Inqy Nagafen

Vlahk 50 SK Nagafen

Glavlahnus 92 Woodelf Ranger, betrayed and back again

Cructik 92 TROLL BL Nagafen
Vlahkmaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 06:30 AM   #63
Oodog
Server: Nagafen

Loremaster
Oodog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Posts: 13
Default

things that are going to make Eqnext a success or a failure is how is Sony going to market it same as they did with eq2 ?

also are they going to be doing another sand box MMO like all the other 6 month wonders not to mention any names ( War hammer online , age of Conan , rift )

WTB destructible environment and Unreal 4 engine

 

 

Oodog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 08:04 AM   #64
SiegaPlays

Loremaster
SiegaPlays's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 179
Default

I do not have enough information about EQNext to say yes or nay at this point.

SOE developers tend to be innovative and try out a lot of features, but sometimes it feels like their followthrough on features falls off the mark. Plenty enough ideas, not enough focussed on perfecting them.

I am curious about seeing what the developers with the experience they have today would do with a spiffy new game, instead of with the gazzilioned patched up old game.

SOE advertising is for some reason horrible - though the video about soemotes was creepily entertaining, looking forward to what role players and machina peps can get out of that, not to mention the visual of nerd rage raid videos. Come to think of it, wonder how some of the old nerd rage videos on YouTube would look, if we "skinned" it with a froglok soemotes layer. Wonder if we get access to try that out, that could be so funny. Not about the game though :p

As for Prosieben doing a better job in Europe? not having high hopes, never heard of them nor their games before this SOE deal with them, so they seem as talented at branding as SOE. Syncronized german television is something I try to avoid thinking of at any cost though :p Prosiebens is another measure that might cancel my active interest in any SOE game if they fail to deliver a audience appropriate advertising.
__________________
Siega/Dangara, retired European player

-------------------------------------------------------------

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

-------------------------------------------------------------
SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:34 AM   #65
Khayos

Loremaster
Khayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default

I know most of you cant believe in what SJ or Smed Say, but because of my love for everquest I want to believe. So I will believe, and based on his response to my twitter message, I am really Psyched.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329290248658944

and in response to another persons twitter message right after me.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329550115155968

So I want to and will trust Smed, regardless of everything people say, he is trying to do right by us and I hope he succeeds.

Khayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:18 PM   #66
Khayos

Loremaster
Khayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default

[email protected] wrote:

things that are going to make Eqnext a success or a failure is how is Sony going to market it same as they did with eq2 ?

also are they going to be doing another sand box MMO like all the other 6 month wonders not to mention any names ( War hammer online , age of Conan , rift )

WTB destructible environment and Unreal 4 engine

 

oh just to let you know....those games you mentioned are not sandboxes they are themeparks, all the 6 month wonders were themeparks, however a pure sandbox wouldnt fair much better. EQ Next will be a sandbox Themepark hybrid mark my words.

Khayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:00 PM   #67
Unforgivenduv

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3
Default

Them releasing some information on eqnext would be nice. It is so quiet that at E3 some were talking about whether the game will even come out.

As for the person on page one who said wow is declining. It has over 10 million suscriptions worldwide so not even close to declining. 

I would like to see them get rid of the station store even though I know they will not do so. Having people pay for things in game on top of a monthly fee is a turnoff IMO. I know this can now be called a ftp game but its not really worth it at a FTP level. You get half the game. Just go back to everquest 1 style. $14.99 a month no other fees, no spending money to buy things, Make it about the game and the game play and the storyline. Not about figuring ways to get more money in your pockets. Wow made a game all people could play and enjoy and they make more in a month then sony does probably in a year on the eq franchises. Get back to what we all loved about eq1 and the players will return.

__________________
Duvdar-- 42 Ranger, 25 Tailor (Hawks)
Joven-- 8 Bezerker, 3 Jeweler (Hawks)
Jovon-- 9 Fury, 1 Provisioner (Hawks)
Unforgivenduv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #68
Rhymers
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Controlled Chaos
Rank: Alt Officer

Loremaster
Rhymers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 39
Default

Khayos wrote:

I know most of you cant believe in what SJ or Smed Say, but because of my love for everquest I want to believe. So I will believe, and based on his response to my twitter message, I am really Psyched.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329290248658944

and in response to another persons twitter message right after me.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329550115155968

So I want to and will trust Smed, regardless of everything people say, he is trying to do right by us and I hope he succeeds.

How does them to statement that are saying the same thing make you psyched over eq2 next? Please explain yourself.

__________________
How do I become a fan-boi?
Rhymers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #69
Khayos

Loremaster
Khayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default

[email protected] wrote:

Khayos wrote:

I know most of you cant believe in what SJ or Smed Say, but because of my love for everquest I want to believe. So I will believe, and based on his response to my twitter message, I am really Psyched.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329290248658944

and in response to another persons twitter message right after me.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329550115155968

So I want to and will trust Smed, regardless of everything people say, he is trying to do right by us and I hope he succeeds.

How does them to statement that are saying the same thing make you psyched over eq2 next? Please explain yourself.

His statement is a response as to WHY they ditched the already cool graphics they had for the world like the shot of freeport or greater faydark. He acknowledged that EQ is the reason they even get to do what they do and that is why Evolutionary(referring to the screenshots from 2010) is not enough, So they are pushing further, and that gives me hope and excitement.

Khayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:09 PM   #70
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

Khayos wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Khayos wrote:

I know most of you cant believe in what SJ or Smed Say, but because of my love for everquest I want to believe. So I will believe, and based on his response to my twitter message, I am really Psyched.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329290248658944

and in response to another persons twitter message right after me.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329550115155968

So I want to and will trust Smed, regardless of everything people say, he is trying to do right by us and I hope he succeeds.

How does them to statement that are saying the same thing make you psyched over eq2 next? Please explain yourself.

His statement is a response as to WHY they ditched the already cool graphics they had for the world like the shot of freeport or greater faydark. He acknowledged that EQ is the reason they even get to do what they do and that is why Evolutionary(referring to the screenshots from 2010) is not enough, So they are pushing further, and that gives me hope and excitement.

I still don't understand your excitement....and hate twitter, so instead of links, can you actually post the comments here...

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 PM   #71
Dinfire

Journeyman
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 21
Default

The excitement of the fanbois never die.  It's an everburning flame.

Dinfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 08:44 AM   #72
Gravy

Lord
Gravy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 382
Default

Dinfire wrote:

The excitement of the fanbois never die.  It's an everburning flame.

Much like the dark cloud that hovers above the pessimist regardless of how much sun pours down on them.

Gravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:04 AM   #73
Raknid

Loremaster
Raknid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,421
Default

Gravy wrote:

Dinfire wrote:

The excitement of the fanbois never die.  It's an everburning flame.

Much like the dark cloud that hovers above the pessimist regardless of how much sun pours down on them.

Hey. That is a new Slash song. lol. "Standing in the Sun" is the title. One of the better ones off his new CD.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 09:39 AM   #74
Iad

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 250
Default

A tiny bit more on EQ Next.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/preview...ote-and-eq-next

Our minds began to wander as we started thinking about different ways SOEmote could be used. We thought about entire new breeds of machinima and the potential of "virtual celebrities" (those who excelled at acting via proxy), and then onto how motion capture could be used to even cast spells if applied.

"Wait until you see spellweaving in the next EverQuest," Georgeson teased. "I've said too much but you've never played a game like it. I can promise you that.

"We have two EverQuest games we can already use as testbeds for what we plan on with the next one. While we're doing that we're putting a huge focus on storytelling over the next year. We want characters to become memorable parts of the story arcs. We want to bring back the world to virtual worlds. This is a re-imagined Norrath. Think of the EverQuest games as three separate universes--a multiverse."

As of yet relatively little is known about the next EverQuest, but now that we knew SOE is planning on integrating SOEmote and focusing their energies on making the new game a breathing world as opposed to the standard online games we see in many of today's MMOs we asked Georgeson when they were planning on revealing more.

"We need to finish up with the Destiny of Velious stuff in EverQuest II first," he responded. "We have a very specific plan for the reveal and until the vision can be realized we won't reveal much more about it. We have four pillars to overcome. We've just gotten over one and a half now. But expect more next year. " Georgeson then smiled mischievously and laughed, pulling back a bit. "I just can't wait to show you guys."

The first taste of SOEmote will be introduced to EverQuest II by July. EverQuest III, or EQ 'Next' will have to wait. In the meantime, grab a camera and get ready to put your game face on... or 'in' as the case may be.

Iad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:11 AM   #75
Raknid

Loremaster
Raknid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,421
Default

Iad wrote:

A tiny bit more on EQ Next.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/preview...ote-and-eq-next

Our minds began to wander as we started thinking about different ways SOEmote could be used. We thought about entire new breeds of machinima and the potential of "virtual celebrities" (those who excelled at acting via proxy), and then onto how motion capture could be used to even cast spells if applied.

"Wait until you see spellweaving in the next EverQuest," Georgeson teased. "I've said too much but you've never played a game like it. I can promise you that.

That just screams "designed for the console." Especially given the recent news:

http://www.gaminginfowire.com/blog/...sion-of-kinect/

http://www.neogamr.net/news/sony-fi...e-motion-device

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06...ue-possibility/

They are going to hook that up with the Move and think everyone is going to just be happy as can be.

Good luck with that on MMO players in general.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:26 AM   #76
Khayos

Loremaster
Khayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default

Onorem wrote:

Khayos wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Khayos wrote:

I know most of you cant believe in what SJ or Smed Say, but because of my love for everquest I want to believe. So I will believe, and based on his response to my twitter message, I am really Psyched.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329290248658944

and in response to another persons twitter message right after me.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329550115155968

So I want to and will trust Smed, regardless of everything people say, he is trying to do right by us and I hope he succeeds.

How does them to statement that are saying the same thing make you psyched over eq2 next? Please explain yourself.

His statement is a response as to WHY they ditched the already cool graphics they had for the world like the shot of freeport or greater faydark. He acknowledged that EQ is the reason they even get to do what they do and that is why Evolutionary(referring to the screenshots from 2010) is not enough, So they are pushing further, and that gives me hope and excitement.

I still don't understand your excitement....and hate twitter, so instead of links, can you actually post the comments here...

If you click the links you will see 2 perfect messages, my message then smeds response, then the dudes message, and smeds response, I did it specifically because twitter makes things look messed up. It is really easy to read.

Khayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:34 AM   #77
agnott

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 710
Default

Gravy wrote:

Much like the dark cloud that hovers above the pessimist regardless of how much sun pours down on them.

Lets not get crazy. I doubt you will ever need to reach for the sunblock on the beaches of SOE.

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 10:59 AM   #78
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

Khayos wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Khayos wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Khayos wrote:

I know most of you cant believe in what SJ or Smed Say, but because of my love for everquest I want to believe. So I will believe, and based on his response to my twitter message, I am really Psyched.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329290248658944

and in response to another persons twitter message right after me.

https://twitter.com/j_smedley/statu...329550115155968

So I want to and will trust Smed, regardless of everything people say, he is trying to do right by us and I hope he succeeds.

How does them to statement that are saying the same thing make you psyched over eq2 next? Please explain yourself.

His statement is a response as to WHY they ditched the already cool graphics they had for the world like the shot of freeport or greater faydark. He acknowledged that EQ is the reason they even get to do what they do and that is why Evolutionary(referring to the screenshots from 2010) is not enough, So they are pushing further, and that gives me hope and excitement.

I still don't understand your excitement....and hate twitter, so instead of links, can you actually post the comments here...

If you click the links you will see 2 perfect messages, my message then smeds response, then the dudes message, and smeds response, I did it specifically because twitter makes things look messed up. It is really easy to read.

OK...have read them now. I thought you had to sign in to read them.

You're 'Psyched' and excited by those responses? Hope that works out for you. It sounds like you're expecting something amazing.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #79
Khayos

Loremaster
Khayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default

I am expecting something amazing, Look at planetside 2, they made an amazing next gen game. I expect the same or better for their flagship since it is the only reason they make MMO games and they know it. I am Psyched and excited because I choose to be, SOE Made many of the best mmo's in existence, and the vast majority of people on these forums wouldnt complain and whine and kick and scream, if they didnt love the games too and feel so strongly about them. I mean unless they are all just naysaying trolls that feel like slandering SOE on its own forums. But i really think everyone complains about this or that because they care.

Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it, where as on the forums most everyone is always in negative mode.

If they really plan to do Everquest Justice, then I for one am excited as alot of other people are too, and all the negative nancies on the forums can just stuff it. If they dont like SOE and their directions that much, leave, dont come back, and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters.

Khayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:53 AM   #80
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

Khayos wrote:

I am expecting something amazing, Look at planetside 2, they made an amazing next gen game. I expect the same or better for their flagship since it is the only reason they make MMO games and they know it. I am Psyched and excited because I choose to be, SOE Made many of the best mmo's in existence, and the vast majority of people on these forums wouldnt complain and whine and kick and scream, if they didnt love the games too and feel so strongly about them. I mean unless they are all just naysaying trolls that feel like slandering SOE on its own forums. But i really think everyone complains about this or that because they care.

Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it, where as on the forums most everyone is always in negative mode.

If they really plan to do Everquest Justice, then I for one am excited as alot of other people are too, and all the negative nancies on the forums can just stuff it. If they dont like SOE and their directions that much, leave, dont come back, and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters.

I loved eq2 for several years. Now I try to make raid night with the 1 out of 13 characters that I bothered to get to 92.

I'm not going to pay to 'look at' planetside 2. Is it Fee To Play? I guess I could download it, but I really don't care what they did there.

I care about how bad this game has become in the last couple years. Every update makes it worse. Every update takes it further from what it used to be. They're saying we're a testing ground for eqnext. If the direction of this game points to the next one, I have no excitement for it. I'm not psyched.

({citation needed} for the 'Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it' comment. Where is this community expressing the love? Where are they not afraid to say it? Do people on your server sit in level chat and rave about the game or something?)

-edit-

As to the negative nancies point, their (our) voice does matter. Feedback matters. They'll want to know what percentage of the cashshop playerbase thinks about what types of things.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:56 AM   #81
Halo of G4

Loremaster
Halo of G4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 283
Default

Raknid wrote:

Iad wrote:

A tiny bit more on EQ Next.

http://www.tentonhammer.com/preview...ote-and-eq-next

Our minds began to wander as we started thinking about different ways SOEmote could be used. We thought about entire new breeds of machinima and the potential of "virtual celebrities" (those who excelled at acting via proxy), and then onto how motion capture could be used to even cast spells if applied.

"Wait until you see spellweaving in the next EverQuest," Georgeson teased. "I've said too much but you've never played a game like it. I can promise you that.

That just screams "designed for the console." Especially given the recent news:

http://www.gaminginfowire.com/blog/...sion-of-kinect/

http://www.neogamr.net/news/sony-fi...e-motion-device

http://www.thesixthaxis.com/2012/06...ue-possibility/

They are going to hook that up with the Move and think everyone is going to just be happy as can be.

Good luck with that on MMO players in general.

Doubt it, the investment in Move seems to have completely vanished. Notice there was not single mention of it at the Sony E3 conference this year?

__________________
LU2012: Valve has bought SoE. EQ2 has been renamed FortressQuest 2 with Freeport and Qeynos respectively becoming Blu and RED base.

Added Raid Zone:

The Goldrush: Dwell into the depths of RED base to defeat the Heavy, a powerful foe that even the Nameless fears.

Halo of G4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:18 PM   #82
Khayos

Loremaster
Khayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default

Onorem wrote:

Khayos wrote:

I am expecting something amazing, Look at planetside 2, they made an amazing next gen game. I expect the same or better for their flagship since it is the only reason they make MMO games and they know it. I am Psyched and excited because I choose to be, SOE Made many of the best mmo's in existence, and the vast majority of people on these forums wouldnt complain and whine and kick and scream, if they didnt love the games too and feel so strongly about them. I mean unless they are all just naysaying trolls that feel like slandering SOE on its own forums. But i really think everyone complains about this or that because they care.

Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it, where as on the forums most everyone is always in negative mode.

If they really plan to do Everquest Justice, then I for one am excited as alot of other people are too, and all the negative nancies on the forums can just stuff it. If they dont like SOE and their directions that much, leave, dont come back, and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters.

I loved eq2 for several years. Now I try to make raid night with the 1 out of 13 characters that I bothered to get to 92.

I'm not going to pay to 'look at' planetside 2. Is it Fee To Play? I guess I could download it, but I really don't care what they did there.

I care about how bad this game has become in the last couple years. Every update makes it worse. Every update takes it further from what it used to be. They're saying we're a testing ground for eqnext. If the direction of this game points to the next one, I have no excitement for it. I'm not psyched.

({citation needed} for the 'Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it' comment. Where is this community expressing the love? Where are they not afraid to say it? Do people on your server sit in level chat and rave about the game or something?)

-edit-

As to the negative nancies point, their (our) voice does matter. Feedback matters. They'll want to know what percentage of the cashshop playerbase thinks about what types of things.

i wasnt talking about folks who still play the game when i said their voice doesnt matter, dont twist my words, I said "and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters." first off.

Second, it is always the case in every game, those who are happy with it are just playing playing playing, and those who arent rage on the forums. the negative nancies are but a small fraction of the whole population. You want a game where the negative nancies are actually the majority, go look at SWTOR. There they are right.

Third yes I can see the game has changed over the years, and some things i agreed with, others not so much, but it hasnt changed that the good of the game still far outweighs the bad.

Khayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:31 PM   #83
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

Khayos wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Khayos wrote:

I am expecting something amazing, Look at planetside 2, they made an amazing next gen game. I expect the same or better for their flagship since it is the only reason they make MMO games and they know it. I am Psyched and excited because I choose to be, SOE Made many of the best mmo's in existence, and the vast majority of people on these forums wouldnt complain and whine and kick and scream, if they didnt love the games too and feel so strongly about them. I mean unless they are all just naysaying trolls that feel like slandering SOE on its own forums. But i really think everyone complains about this or that because they care.

Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it, where as on the forums most everyone is always in negative mode.

If they really plan to do Everquest Justice, then I for one am excited as alot of other people are too, and all the negative nancies on the forums can just stuff it. If they dont like SOE and their directions that much, leave, dont come back, and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters.

I loved eq2 for several years. Now I try to make raid night with the 1 out of 13 characters that I bothered to get to 92.

I'm not going to pay to 'look at' planetside 2. Is it Fee To Play? I guess I could download it, but I really don't care what they did there.

I care about how bad this game has become in the last couple years. Every update makes it worse. Every update takes it further from what it used to be. They're saying we're a testing ground for eqnext. If the direction of this game points to the next one, I have no excitement for it. I'm not psyched.

({citation needed} for the 'Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it' comment. Where is this community expressing the love? Where are they not afraid to say it? Do people on your server sit in level chat and rave about the game or something?)

-edit-

As to the negative nancies point, their (our) voice does matter. Feedback matters. They'll want to know what percentage of the cashshop playerbase thinks about what types of things.

i wasnt talking about folks who still play the game when i said their voice doesnt matter, dont twist my words, I said "and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters." first off.

Second, it is always the case in every game, those who are happy with it are just playing playing playing, and those who arent rage on the forums. the negative nancies are but a small fraction of the whole population. You want a game where the negative nancies are actually the majority, go look at SWTOR. There they are right.

Third yes I can see the game has changed over the years, and some things i agreed with, others not so much, but it hasnt changed that the good of the game still far outweighs the bad.

Even those who have quit have the right to explain why.

Second, so you're saying that you have absolutely nothng to back up the statement...and then contradict yourself.

Third, the good does outweigh the bad for most....but the direction of bad is so very bad that I can't understand how anyone can be excited about the next game.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #84
Khayos

Loremaster
Khayos's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Default

Onorem wrote:

Khayos wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Khayos wrote:

I am expecting something amazing, Look at planetside 2, they made an amazing next gen game. I expect the same or better for their flagship since it is the only reason they make MMO games and they know it. I am Psyched and excited because I choose to be, SOE Made many of the best mmo's in existence, and the vast majority of people on these forums wouldnt complain and whine and kick and scream, if they didnt love the games too and feel so strongly about them. I mean unless they are all just naysaying trolls that feel like slandering SOE on its own forums. But i really think everyone complains about this or that because they care.

Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it, where as on the forums most everyone is always in negative mode.

If they really plan to do Everquest Justice, then I for one am excited as alot of other people are too, and all the negative nancies on the forums can just stuff it. If they dont like SOE and their directions that much, leave, dont come back, and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters.

I loved eq2 for several years. Now I try to make raid night with the 1 out of 13 characters that I bothered to get to 92.

I'm not going to pay to 'look at' planetside 2. Is it Fee To Play? I guess I could download it, but I really don't care what they did there.

I care about how bad this game has become in the last couple years. Every update makes it worse. Every update takes it further from what it used to be. They're saying we're a testing ground for eqnext. If the direction of this game points to the next one, I have no excitement for it. I'm not psyched.

({citation needed} for the 'Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it' comment. Where is this community expressing the love? Where are they not afraid to say it? Do people on your server sit in level chat and rave about the game or something?)

-edit-

As to the negative nancies point, their (our) voice does matter. Feedback matters. They'll want to know what percentage of the cashshop playerbase thinks about what types of things.

i wasnt talking about folks who still play the game when i said their voice doesnt matter, dont twist my words, I said "and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters." first off.

Second, it is always the case in every game, those who are happy with it are just playing playing playing, and those who arent rage on the forums. the negative nancies are but a small fraction of the whole population. You want a game where the negative nancies are actually the majority, go look at SWTOR. There they are right.

Third yes I can see the game has changed over the years, and some things i agreed with, others not so much, but it hasnt changed that the good of the game still far outweighs the bad.

Even those who have quit have the right to explain why.

Second, so you're saying that you have absolutely nothng to back up the statement...and then contradict yourself.

Third, the good does outweigh the bad for most....but the direction of bad is so very bad that I can't understand how anyone can be excited about the next game.

Yes those who quit have the right to say why, that is what the exit survey is for, also they can post it here, but i have seen so many people on these forums complain over and over after saying they quit. If they quit and left their voice matters not so they need to stop trolling these forums, that is half the reason SOE doesnt listen to much of the forums.

Secondly i did not contradict myself, I named One game that the nay sayers are actually the majority. The majority of games is the opposite EQ2 included.

Third just because you see them do this or that in prep for another game, does not mean you Know the direction they are taking. Using EQ2 as a test bed they could be looking at the data and saying ok no we arent going to do this because of the overwhelming negative response. While I cannot say that for certain, neither can you say that the next games direction is gonna be what you think. I am excited for it because I choose to be. If I am wrong, then I will know that when the game gets officially announced and they show off alot more about it. Until then, your arguement to invalidate my excitement, is just as invalid to me, as my excitement is to you.

Khayos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 01:08 PM   #85
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

Khayos wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Khayos wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Khayos wrote:

I am expecting something amazing, Look at planetside 2, they made an amazing next gen game. I expect the same or better for their flagship since it is the only reason they make MMO games and they know it. I am Psyched and excited because I choose to be, SOE Made many of the best mmo's in existence, and the vast majority of people on these forums wouldnt complain and whine and kick and scream, if they didnt love the games too and feel so strongly about them. I mean unless they are all just naysaying trolls that feel like slandering SOE on its own forums. But i really think everyone complains about this or that because they care.

Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it, where as on the forums most everyone is always in negative mode.

If they really plan to do Everquest Justice, then I for one am excited as alot of other people are too, and all the negative nancies on the forums can just stuff it. If they dont like SOE and their directions that much, leave, dont come back, and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters.

I loved eq2 for several years. Now I try to make raid night with the 1 out of 13 characters that I bothered to get to 92.

I'm not going to pay to 'look at' planetside 2. Is it Fee To Play? I guess I could download it, but I really don't care what they did there.

I care about how bad this game has become in the last couple years. Every update makes it worse. Every update takes it further from what it used to be. They're saying we're a testing ground for eqnext. If the direction of this game points to the next one, I have no excitement for it. I'm not psyched.

({citation needed} for the 'Funny how the actual community in game, loves the game and isnt afraid to say it' comment. Where is this community expressing the love? Where are they not afraid to say it? Do people on your server sit in level chat and rave about the game or something?)

-edit-

As to the negative nancies point, their (our) voice does matter. Feedback matters. They'll want to know what percentage of the cashshop playerbase thinks about what types of things.

i wasnt talking about folks who still play the game when i said their voice doesnt matter, dont twist my words, I said "and if they leave, stop posting because their voice no longer matters." first off.

Second, it is always the case in every game, those who are happy with it are just playing playing playing, and those who arent rage on the forums. the negative nancies are but a small fraction of the whole population. You want a game where the negative nancies are actually the majority, go look at SWTOR. There they are right.

Third yes I can see the game has changed over the years, and some things i agreed with, others not so much, but it hasnt changed that the good of the game still far outweighs the bad.

Even those who have quit have the right to explain why.

Second, so you're saying that you have absolutely nothng to back up the statement...and then contradict yourself.

Third, the good does outweigh the bad for most....but the direction of bad is so very bad that I can't understand how anyone can be excited about the next game.

Yes those who quit have the right to say why, that is what the exit survey is for, also they can post it here, but i have seen so many people on these forums complain over and over after saying they quit. If they quit and left their voice matters not so they need to stop trolling these forums, that is half the reason SOE doesnt listen to much of the forums.

Secondly i did not contradict myself, I named One game that the nay sayers are actually the majority. The majority of games is the opposite EQ2 included.

Third just because you see them do this or that in prep for another game, does not mean you Know the direction they are taking. Using EQ2 as a test bed they could be looking at the data and saying ok no we arent going to do this because of the overwhelming negative response. While I cannot say that for certain, neither can you say that the next games direction is gonna be what you think. I am excited for it because I choose to be. If I am wrong, then I will know that when the game gets officially announced and they show off alot more about it. Until then, your arguement to invalidate my excitement, is just as invalid to me, as my excitement is to you.

exit survey...lol

You have nothing to back up your second statement for either game.

I don't pretend to speak for everyone, but if you don't think they are trending a certain direction based on the last couple years...    And it's no better if they are just testing on 'us' for their new cashshop game. We pay for this game. (at least those of us that deserve a voice do.)

I'm done with the conversation. I obviously  hate SJ and company and you're obviously a fanboi hopeful. There is no useful conclusion.

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #86
Gilasil

Loremaster
Gilasil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 907
Default

Onorem wrote:

Even those who have quit have the right to explain why.

At MOST, those who quit have a right to explain why exactly ONCE.  After that they're just trolling. 

Gilasil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:24 PM   #87
Onorem

Loremaster
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 1,155
Default

Gilasil wrote:

Onorem wrote:

Even those who have quit have the right to explain why.

At MOST, those who quit have a right to explain why exactly ONCE.  After that they're just trolling. 

My mistake. Thank you for posting the official rules of quitting online games.

I accept your law, but want an explanation for why 1 post is the limit...

__________________
_________________________________
"EQ2 is not a "free to play" game, so microtransactions are unlikely to ever have the "front seat" role that they have in F2P games" - SmokeJumper - 4/20/2010
Onorem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 02:43 PM   #88
Raknid

Loremaster
Raknid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,421
Default

Onorem wrote:

I accept your law, but want an explanation for why 1 post is the limit...

Because fanbois aren't interested in a dialogue?

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:24 PM.

vBulletin skin by: CompleteGFX.com
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
All threads and posts originally from the EQ2 and Station forums operated by Sony Online Entertainment. Their use is by express written permission.