EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #1081
Drupal

Elder

[email protected] wrote:

PSS1, as I understand it, are only "managing" European subs/cash shop and marketing on behalf of SOE. They have no involvement in the way the game will develop, this will be soley in SOE's hands. Therefore I can't see any changes to the game, it's mechanics or content etc., as a result of this change.

Well, one is allowed to hope. Add to this the fact that you cannot trust anything SOE says, so that might not actually be true.

Drupal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:15 AM   #1082
BeeJay

Loremaster

SiegaPlays wrote:

The IP block there is prevents you - as a european - to log on as a SOE costumer and if you subscribe or need CS, it is Prosieben you deal with, not SOE.

IP blocks are pointless, there are many VPN solutions that will overcome this. It's simple to make my IP address appear as if it orignates from USA.

BeeJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:23 AM   #1083
Shoushin

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

PSS1, as I understand it, are only "managing" European subs/cash shop and marketing on behalf of SOE. They have no involvement in the way the game will develop, this will be soley in SOE's hands. Therefore I can't see any changes to the game, it's mechanics or content etc., as a result of this change.

PSS1 will also handle support, GMs and your account. SOE might have learnt their lesson with the last hacking, but god knows if PSS1 has any kind of idea how to keep your account and password safe.

Shoushin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:25 AM   #1084
Shoushin

Loremaster

I think they are not seggregating by IPs but rather by the banking info or address... something like that.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:28 AM   #1085
Xianthia

Loremaster

Shoushin wrote:

I think they are not seggregating by IPs but rather by the banking info or address... something like that.

Can you please link that post from a red named? because I have not seen anything remotely close to this being posted/mentioned.

(edit - typo)

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:30 AM   #1086
Shoushin

Loremaster

i will try later, but atm i still have work to do. just peeking in here and there.

Old 06-20-2012, 09:33 AM   #1087
Whilhelmina
Server: Storms
Guild: Les Furies d Innoruuk

Tester

There was hints about that from Brasse somewhere in this thread, but nothing really clearly worded.

Whilhelmina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:35 AM   #1088
Xianthia

Loremaster

With how difficult of a situation is for some of the playerbase with this change, spreading "rumors" or reading too much into something not clearly stated, is just adding fuel to the fire with out any reason.  Until it needs the fuel I mean of couse, but until then...

Old 06-20-2012, 09:40 AM   #1089
SiegaPlays

Loremaster

Tarwyn wrote:

What would be the point of that? I am happy with my Station account and see no reason why I should be forced to sign up with PSS1, if I don't intend to play on "their" servers.

Heh, wether or not we, as the players, were happy as it were, that does not really matter. I bet SOE as a business already budgetted with some losses, or the economic department are oblivious to reality.

We have become part of a bigger company bundled deal. We are a product.

As I see it, all the EQ2 SOE people and future Prosieben CS crowd could do was make the effect less likely to tear the community apart within the confines of the upper management boundaries of the deal. They have adjusted some of the plans according since the first draft, so the worse issues are avoided for now. I believe someone somewhere in SOE has been talking for their sick grandma to fix the worse issues on our behalf in this deal. Because I simply can not, will not, believe that the original deal was made by someone with actual insight into the game and the community. It must have been the initial draft of someone oblivious to games having strong concepts such as friends, guilds, community, personal attachments and social life.

Choosing not to use Prosieben and keep playing, that simply is not an option within the boundries set by of upper management, pencil pushers and whatnot.

So a player has two options, quit playing or hope for the best.

Personally, I now have a year to hope for the best on non-recurring sub. By then WildStar is about to be real and if my hopes are crushed, I can always pick up some other secondary game than EQ2 (which has been my secondary game since EQ2X went live), or maybe rotate through games I have played before to see where they are headed, E3 had some interesting features.

-------------------------------------------------------------

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:41 AM   #1090
Shoushin

Loremaster

"rumors" my butt... SMILEY

Will new accounts have the choice in who to sign up with SOE/ProSiebenSat.1?

New accounts will be assigned according to their billing country (or, in the case of free players, the country on the account). Players in The ProSiebenSat.1 regions will be assigned to ProSiebenSat.1, and those outside of the regions will be assigned to SOE. Akella continues to serve Russia.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=516732#5752536

Old 06-20-2012, 09:42 AM   #1091
SiegaPlays

Loremaster

Shoushin wrote:

Sounds a lot better than IP block.

MMO-Charmed web - there is a lot of games out there

SiegaPlays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:43 AM   #1092
Xianthia

Loremaster

Shoushin wrote:

"rumors" my butt...

Will new accounts have the choice in who to sign up with SOE/ProSiebenSat.1?

New accounts will be assigned according to their billing country (or, in the case of free players, the country on the account). Players in The ProSiebenSat.1 regions will be assigned to ProSiebenSat.1, and those outside of the regions will be assigned to SOE. Akella continues to serve Russia.

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq2/...=516732#5752536

Thanks SMILEY

Old 06-20-2012, 09:49 AM   #1093
Whilhelmina

Tester

Thanks a lot, couldn't for the life of me find where I read something like that.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:27 AM   #1094
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

DemiGoth wrote:

An other IMPORTANT fact SOE should keep in mind is EU privacy law...

IT IS NOT LLOWED BY SOE TO SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT EU RESIDENTS WITHOUT THEIR CONCENT!

This means that the manditory transition to 7Games (ProSiebenSat.1) is ILLEGAL according to EU privacy law! Therefor I DO NOT GIVE SOE my concent to share or transfer my information to ANY 3rd party, and thus ProSiebenSat.1.

Just to clear up a couple of misunderstandings you seem to have DemiGoth (info taken from my extensive collection of all posts on this subject by SOE people):

a) Since the updated FAQ it is not Euro SERVERS that are transitioning, its European PLAYERS, totally regardless of server. so Euro players on US servers will have to log in via PSS1 and then carry on playing on their US server.  Euro players on Euro servers will have to log in via PSS1 and play on Euro servers.  US people get to stay logging in with SOE, again regardless of server.  Its where you log in from/billing address that decides who you log in through, not your server.

b) No, SOE can't give our info and they aren't going to.  When the transition occurs it will be up to US as PLAYERS to create an account with PSS1 and give them our details ourselves.  That account will then be linked to our SOE account by an as yet unspecified mechanism (a valid security concern for most poeple).  All our toons and game data etc stays with SOE apparently.  If you live in and play from Europe when the transition happens you will HAVE to create the PSS1 account to continue playing.  Many many people won't be bothering. 

And yes, this still aint great (understatement of the year) because although SOE is staying within the law we are effectively being coerced into registering our info with PSS1 to continue using a "service" provided by SOE.  No we don't have to sign up, but it is a terrible choice for those of us who have been playing for a long time, have years invested in the game and good friends around the world in game too.

And Piestro, my question you ignored neatly earlier is actually a valid and reasonable one:

I can see the potential of this deal for non-English speaking players , if done right.   So far all suggested 'benefits' and reasons for the deal seem to be based primarily around language (and to a lesser extent) cultural differences.  I ask again, why is the UK included in this.  We don't need localisation.  I honestly and seriously can't see what benefit this has for us in the UK at all.  The UK speaks the same language as the US, give or take lol. 

We don't need more real-life events like the Jubilee invading a fantasy world, and personally I don't care if SC offers etc coincide with US celebrations - after years of US-centricity in most games we're all used to it - it really doesnt matter.  Things like bonus XP get given in game for US events through the year and we all get to enjoy them, or is a mechanism going to be put in place to stop the server offering those to Euros any more?  Will only French IP players get double XP for Bastille Day for example?

So quite simply:

Please tell me why the UK is included, as none of the reasons why the deal will be good for Euros so far given by SOE apply to us. 

I suspect its those exact UK privacy laws, but it would be nice of SOE just told the truth instead of repeatedly making out that this deal is for us, not them.

Peace and Solidarity

Played Since Launch: Highkeep/Butcherblock

Ratonga 92 Assassin/92 Carpenter

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Pipsissiwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:33 AM   #1095
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

SpArKyRocket wrote:

Wow, so SOE send me an email using terms such as 'Historic' and 'Celebration'.

They're not quite the feelings I'm experiencing right now, no, I would use different words to sum up my feelings, maybe like: Betrayed, back-stabbed, unwanted, unvalued, disregarded etc.

Hmm, seems a lot of people have had an English language email about EQ2.  I haven't yet.  And yes, I checked Spam.  Interesting.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

"I won't sit down, I won't shut up, but most of all I will not grow up" - Frank Turner
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #1096
Mithi

Loremaster

Pipsissiwa wrote:

DemiGoth wrote:

IT IS NOT LLOWED BY SOE TO SHARE INFORMATION ABOUT EU RESIDENTS WITHOUT THEIR CONCENT!

This means that the manditory transition to 7Games (ProSiebenSat.1) is ILLEGAL according to EU privacy law! Therefor I DO NOT GIVE SOE my concent to share or transfer my information to ANY 3rd party, and thus ProSiebenSat.1.

Just to clear up a couple of misunderstandings you seem to have DemiGoth (info taken from my extensive collection of all posts on this subject by SOE people):

a) Since the updated FAQ it is not Euro SERVERS that are transitioning, its European PLAYERS, totally regardless of server. so Euro players on US servers will have to log in via PSS1 and then carry on playing on their US server.  Euro players on Euro servers will have to log in via PSS1 and play on Euro servers.  US people get to stay logging in with SOE, again regardless of server.  Its where you log in from/billing address that decides who you log in through, not your server.

b) No, SOE can't give our info and they aren't going to.  When the transition occurs it will be up to US as PLAYERS to create an account with PSS1 and give them our details ourselves.  That account will then be linked to our SOE account by an as yet unspecified mechanism (a valid security concern for most poeple).  All our toons and game data etc stays with SOE apparently.  If you live in and play from Europe when the transition happens you will HAVE to create the PSS1 account to continue playing.  Many many people won't be bothering. 

And yes, this still aint great (understatement of the year) because although SOE is staying within the law we are effectively being coerced into registering our info with PSS1 to continue using a "service" provided by SOE.  No we don't have to sign up, but it is a terrible choice for those of us who have been playing for a long time, have years invested in the game and good friends around the world in game too.

And Piestro, my question you ignored neatly earlier is actually a valid and reasonable one:

I can see the potential of this deal for non-English speaking players , if done right.   So far all suggested 'benefits' and reasons for the deal seem to be based primarily around language (and to a lesser extent) cultural differences.  I ask again, why is the UK included in this.  We don't need localisation.  I honestly and seriously can't see what benefit this has for us in the UK at all.  The UK speaks the same language as the US, give or take lol. 

We don't need more real-life events like the Jubilee invading a fantasy world, and personally I don't care if SC offers etc coincide with US celebrations - after years of US-centricity in most games we're all used to it - it really doesnt matter.  Things like bonus XP get given in game for US events through the year and we all get to enjoy them, or is a mechanism going to be put in place to stop the server offering those to Euros any more?  Will only French IP players get double XP for Bastille Day for example?

So quite simply:

Please tell me why the UK is included, as none of the reasons why the deal will be good for Euros so far given by SOE apply to us. 

I suspect its those exact UK privacy laws, but it would be nice of SOE just told the truth instead of repeatedly making out that this deal is for us, not them.

Peace and Solidarity

Are you at all serious???????????Do you really, really think uk shouldnt be afflicted by this cause you happen to speak english?If so i would say get a lesson in it, since basicly im from the netherlands, and basicly,i type better english then most uk based players do.

Dont generate and think you equal as us player base, cause this makes you same as *&%^&#$%^ Soe in my books..

On other note, been playing eq2 since day1.

Made my own guild on splitpaw Soulstrike, after  had one lvled to the max on Oasis server.

This is for me if this go thru the end of the fun.

I will NOT register on prosieben, as many will not.

This is afterall still a gamingindustry.

Soe listen to our concerns and take them into consideration, my behind.

They never ever listen to us,and they never will.

To be frank honest, i rather go spend my money elsewhere, even if it is in fr^&*%^$%#$% WOW......

Mithi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 10:41 AM   #1097
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Drupal wrote:

I guess I am in minority then when i say I can't wait for the transition to happen.

No, I am not mad . I just think that SOE is clearly dropping the ball and it's pretty obvious where the game will end up if nothing happens. Maybe PSS can bring a bit of life back into it, the way SOE never wanted to.

Do I think PSS are a great company ? No, far from that, but at this point, ANY change is good. If it does not pan out then at least they tried. I am glad that my current subs will be honoured ( I've just bought 2 years of gold sub ), so i don't have to pay Pss a dime if I don't feel they do a good job.

Bring it on, I say. It will be nice to escape the terible policing this place gets every time the questionable quality of the product is attacked.

SOE say they are maintaining all development and content/expansions for the game, so except for localisation of in-game text and who you email/phone for CS, I'm not sure what potential improvements you are hoping for... 

I for one certainly don't want to have to sign up with a new company just to get official forums that have less rules.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 06-20-2012, 10:49 AM   #1098
Shoushin

Loremaster

oh come now... we all know it's about Sony getting some extra money, players are only considered up to a certain level to not lose all of them and still have some paying folks.

UK isnt the US so in this sense it makes sense to be sold off to PSS1 as well. Pardon.... um... transferred. *whistles*

Old 06-20-2012, 10:59 AM   #1099
Tarwyn

Loremaster

Exactly. There is no real benefit to the EU player in this deal.

The only thing it does is provide PSS1 with a new revenue and advertising stream -- and trust me, low intelligence, invasive and plain stupid advertising are the hallmark of PSS1. For every 15 minutes of their TV shows you watch, you're likely to drop 1 IQ point (capped at 65 or so, because they still want you to be able to function in front of a TV).

SOE probably gets a nice amount in the form of license fees.

Pity, really, I did look forward to Planetside 2, but it's not happening now.

-Tarwyn

Tarwyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 11:04 AM   #1100
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Mithi wrote:

Pipsissiwa wrote:

DemiGoth wrote:

So quite simply:

Peace and Solidarity

Are you at all serious???????????Do you really, really think uk shouldnt be afflicted by this cause you happen to speak english?If so i would say get a lesson in it, since basicly im from the netherlands, and basicly,i type better english then most uk based players do.

Dont generate and think you equal as us player base, cause this makes you same as *&%^&#$%^ Soe in my books..

On other note, been playing eq2 since day1.

Made my own guild on splitpaw Soulstrike, after  had one lvled to the max on Oasis server.

This is for me if this go thru the end of the fun.

I will NOT register on prosieben, as many will not.

This is afterall still a gamingindustry.

Soe listen to our concerns and take them into consideration, my behind.

They never ever listen to us,and they never will.

To be frank honest, i rather go spend my money elsewhere, even if it is in fr^&*%^$%#$% WOW......

Wow thats quite some reaction, and after all I've been doing to fight this since January and keep everyone up to date and informed, as well as talking extensively to PSS1 to get answers I seriously resent being likened to SOE.  I was fighting this long before it even affected me, as I would have been grandfathered to SOE and my US server.

If you had followed all my posts over the last 6 months you would probably understand what I am getting at more and why I am asking. 

I am utterly sick of being told by PSS1 and SOE over and over that this deal will be great primarily because it will offer better localisation and CS done properly in non-English languages.  ALL the 'benefits' described so far seem to be foreign language based.  I appreciate fully that other countries could benefit hugely from that if it is done properly.

I'd just like to hear the truth.  The UK is included, and we don't need any localisation, so why are we included if that really is the main reason for this deal?  Its certain to be a mixture of a huge cash lump sum from PSS1, and our privacy laws, the same for most of Europe, but for some reason SOE won't admit this and continue to insist its all for OUR benefit.  And in the UK (and I can only speak for the UK as that is where I am from) I fail to see any.  It would be just as valid for someone from another country where 99% of the population speak English well (or TBH a language other than French or German either, I doubt many, if any, other European languages will get catered for) to ask the same question about their country.

I just want a reason from SOE as to why this deal is great for me, what I in the UK am going to get out of it if it is really being done for us the players (yeah, right..).  I'm not the first to ask it either - every time localisation comes up as a reason for this deal (since January) it gets asked, and ignored. 

We all know that the only players who matter to SOE are US ones, noone in this thread has any doubt about that.  I don't consider ANY players better/more important than others. We are all equal, and should get the same service at the same quality for the same price.

I just speak for myself and the UK here - I don't feel I can speak for other countries, that is for their own players to do.

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 06-20-2012, 11:34 AM   #1101
Mithi

Loremaster

Thing i responded on,w as the fact that you think the uk should be bypassed for this simply cause you guys also happen to speak english.

Not that you notice that on game, cause grammar s*cks major from some.

Uk wil never be part of us, you a part wether or not you like it from europe,even if not have the same currency.

In the long run,it doenst matter how many months you typing you concerns,simply cause as we all seen now, they DON"T CARE.

Shame cause i love eq2, and i do always need my dailey fix heheh, but not/never on these terms.

Moment i need to sign in,or make an account on prosieben,is done for me.

I dont blame prosieben, i only blame soe for this, for this mess they created.Neither will people pay second time to be abble to play as euro player on us servers.......How the hell do someone came up with this splendid idea to divide a playercommunity en throw people back into the years 1940...........

Old 06-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #1102
Shoushin

Loremaster

Pips, with all due respect (and i have some for you for trying so long so persistently), but you wont get the truth. Business decisions, and the money involved are not going to be publicized, ever. Even if some knew the actual truth they wouldnt be allowed to say. And I bet if they said the truth that would drive away even more people as the illusion would shatter for many.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #1103
Whilhelmina

Tester

Don't be mean with Pips even if she's a rat, she did an awesome job getting questions answered or at least summing up our concerns in those past months when most of us let it drop when not seeing any answers (well, if you want to be mean, I can give you a nice recipe of honey glazed ratonga).

Tbh Pips, I'm pretty sure there won't be any work done on localisation. Perhaps on Valor and even that I doubt. From what we saw on the "recruitement" of "GM" *cough* on Alaplaya boards, French wasn't a language required for "GM" afterall.

(edited to alter the sex of Pips, sorry lady!)

Old 06-20-2012, 11:45 AM   #1104
Pipsissiwa

Loremaster

Mithi wrote:

Thing i responded on,w as the fact that you think the uk should be bypassed for this simply cause you guys also happen to speak english.

Not that you notice that on game, cause grammar s*cks major from some.

Uk wil never be part of us, you a part wether or not you like it from europe,even if not have the same currency.

In the long run,it doenst matter how many months you typing you concerns,simply cause as we all seen now, they DON"T CARE.

Shame cause i love eq2, and i do always need my dailey fix heheh, but not/never on these terms.

Moment i need to sign in,or make an account on prosieben,is done for me.

I dont blame prosieben, i only blame soe for this, for this mess they created.Neither will people pay second time to be abble to play as euro player on us servers.......How the hell do someone came up with this splendid idea to divide a playercommunity en throw people back into the years 1940...........

I don't think the UK should be 'bypassed' - I think we all should be and the deal shouldn't happen.  Sadly it is too late for that now.  

I just want SOE to be honest about their reasons for this deal now it is too late to change anything.  The UK's lack of localisation/foreign language requirement is a useful example to highlight the implausibility of the offical reasons for the deal.  Hence my question - I know they can't answer it.  I'd just love to see someone from SOE try to.  I guess the way I phrased the original post didn't make this clear enough.

This is all happening because of the greater film-streaming deal that Sony have made with PSS1, who without a doubt gave SOE a huge cash lump sum for their games, and SOE were happy to ditch Euro players because of our privacy laws.  Its got nothing whatsoever to do with localisation. I know it, we all know it.  It would be refreshing if SOE would just admit it. but they won't.  I know that too.

And it's 'she' not 'he' btw SMILEY

Fuse Guild Leader

"Everquester"

Old 06-20-2012, 11:52 AM   #1105
Pariel

Loremaster

Well, I've just submitted a ticket to CS to change the country code on my account from UK to USA.

Like many others i will not make an account with PSS1 under any circumstances and would rather not play SOE games than be forced to give my details, both personal and financial to a two bit waste of time bunch of muppets who's main aim is to fleece their community out of as much money as possible through childlike advertising and sub-standard websites and forums

So much for "we'll never make the mistake of not listening to our playerbase again".

/applaud

UK player, SOE account forever
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:09 PM   #1106
Mithi

Loremaster

Then answer me this, if you change your country code to the us, where will you play then, cause as us citisen you can only play on us server, not on any europe one.

For me thats no solution, simply cause i have my toons, on splitpaw and on oasis server

Old 06-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #1107
Dinfire

Journeyman

Given Pariel's mastery of English, I would imagine he/she's going to play on any server that speaks English.

Dinfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:12 PM   #1108
Pariel

Loremaster

Mithi wrote:

Then answer me this, if you change your country code to the us, where will you play then, cause as us citisen you can only play on us server, not on any europe one.

For me thats no solution, simply cause i have my toons, on splitpaw and on oasis server

There is no restriction on servers. Anybody can play on any server. The only restriction is based on where you're account its based (ie billing address). There is no IP region lock, there is no server locks, its purely based on the country box in your account details

UK player, SOE account forever
Pariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:14 PM   #1109
SisterTheresa

The Vigilant

Here is the English version of the e-mail a guildmate woke up to this morning 6/20/12:

Customer Service Notification

REMINDER

Dear Norrathians,

An exciting time in SOE history has arrived and we are very pleased to be celebrating it with you, some of the most passionate MMOPRG players! As many of you know, SOE has partnered with ProSiebenSat.1 Games to provide and market eight of its games to players in Europe, including EverQuest® II, DC Universe™ Online, Free Realms®, Star Wars®: Clone Wars Adventures™, Magic: The Gathering - Tactics, and PoxNora®, as well as the upcoming PlanetSide® 2 and the next game in the EverQuest® franchise.

Specifically, the above mentioned SOE games will be made available through the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service in more than 40 European territories, including Albania, Andorra, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Malta, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, and the United Kingdom. Other countries may be added at a later date.

Under this new partnership with SOE, ProSiebenSat.1 Games will lead the effort to further enhance the presence of these SOE games in the European market. Expect more players and more focused attention on international players!

The EverQuest® II transition process to the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service will begin within the next 30 to 60 days. Once the transition takes place, you will need to have or create a ProSiebenSat.1 Games account in order to play EverQuest® II. We will be providing an easy way to transfer your existing SOE account and character data to your ProSiebenSat.1 Games account. Look for another email soon with specific instructions for completing the transfer.

If at the time of the transition you have a pre-paid, non-recurring EverQuest® II subscription, your subscription will be automatically transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games so you can continue enjoying any remaining play time left on the account. If at the time of transition you have a pre-paid, recurring SOE subscription, your subscription will be transferred over to ProSiebenSat.1 Games; however, the subscription will not renew at the end of the current billing cycle. Once the billing cycle ends, you will be able to re-subscribe through the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service to continue enjoying the benefits of a similar membership.

European customers who maintain All Access accounts during the transition period will be transferred to ProSiebenSat.1 Games later on in the process. Further information on the transfer of All Access accounts will follow in the near future.

Again, we are very grateful to have such a diverse and passionate community, and want to assure you that SOE will continue expanding the EverQuest® II world. This email is to notify you that the migration of EverQuest® II is close. Please be on the lookout for our next communication which will explain in detail how to transfer your EverQuest® II account to the ProSiebenSat.1 Games service.

Sincerely,
Sony Online Entertainment & ProSiebenSat.1 Games

And they make a great point beneath (guildmate asked me to change so I will ...):

1. It's still unclear, for instance, what happens to LoN loot cards,
  2. what happens to SC - especially if (like me) you also have an EQ1 account that shares the SC pool ...
  3. what this 'international content' will consist of. Europe is a continent with wildly diverse cultures, often historically directly at odds with each other.
  4. We still don't know if European players will be able to access and post on the US SOE forums as normal once all this happens.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:15 PM   #1110
Raknid

Loremaster

Mithi wrote:

You misunderstand how this is going to work. Anyone can play anywhere; it is just who you sub through that might change.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote