EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 06-19-2012, 06:46 PM   #1
Raknid

Loremaster

So it is finally my time in the barrel I suppose, and the completely random launcher messing up with no end user changes I have struck.

I hate dinosaurs...why is there suddenly a dinosaur on my game?

Please get it together SOE. This is the first point of contact with players. That you can't seem to manage it just sends the completely wrong message.

ARGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHH.

So can I just change some setting in the launchpad to get it back to where it was? Any help would be much appreciated.

P.S. Mods.

Please don't move this as I want people who have actually experieinced the problem and fixed it to reply and not read some abstract script from some person that may not even play the game.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:49 PM   #2
Jacquestrap

Loremaster

There are two other threads going regarding this issue already but I share your frustration. Seems to be effecting a number of people for no explicable reason.

Jacquestrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 06:51 PM   #3
Raknid

Loremaster

Jacquestrap wrote:

There are two other threads going regarding this issue already but I share your frustration. Seems to be effecting a number of people for no explicable reason.

Whoops. Oh well. I am pretty frigging frustrated and must admit that I didn't check first.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:53 PM   #4
Lizabethan

Philosopher

Copying from other forum:

TSR-AlexS wrote:

Hello Tallisman! I'd recommend checking the "full download box" option. To do this click on the advanced tools box on the left hand corner of your launcher. Click on "Select game verison" and click on the "Full download box". Then close the launcher. Once you re-open the launcher, it should be back to normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Sharing your frustration though.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:58 PM   #5
Raknid

Loremaster

Lizabethan wrote:

TSR-AlexS wrote:

Hello Tallisman! I'd recommend checking the "full download box" option. To do this click on the advanced tools box on the left hand corner of your launcher. Click on "Select game verison" and click on the "Full download box". Then close the launcher. Once you re-open the launcher, it should be back to normal. We appreciate your patience and understanding!

Thanks very much Lizabethan. That seems to have worked...for now at least. Here's to hoping the luancher doesn't suddenly decide to change itself again on its own. lol

Old 06-19-2012, 07:04 PM   #6
Deago

Loremaster

It is just so Awesomium......

Old 06-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #7
Miapa

Loremaster

I feel your pain.  Several people in my guild were just forced onto the Streaming client and now have to wait 10-15 minutes to zone sometimes.  Can we please have some QA?  Just a little? =)

On another note, I am still using the Full version of the game (not the streaming client) and have no option to switch back and fourth between the two versions.  Thankfully I don't have the Streaming version.  But, I shudder to think if I get forced over to the Streaming version with no option to go back.

Miapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2012, 10:07 PM   #8
SteelPiston

Loremaster

I noted that when I launched the game that it was trying to download over 14 gigs of files. I wasn't having any of that.

I went to " Advanced Tools" ( the wrench and hammer icon) and then 'Select Game Version" and put a check mark in the download Full Version. It continued to download until I rebooted.

After rebooting the launcher now works normally again without downloading the 14 gigs of files.

Hope this works for other folks.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
Jacquestrap

Loremaster

Lizabethan wrote:

TSR-AlexS wrote:

Thank you very much for sharing this, it corrected the issue for me. I manually deleted the 14+ GB that had been downloaded into the assetcache folder and everything is working fine now.

Jacquestrap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #10
Raknid

Loremaster

Plus. There may be some people who play the game through means which have caps or throttleing after a certain point. SOE needs to get their act together and ensure that changes do not occur in the client without specific customer input.

Imagine a person who travels and has EQ2 on the their laptop so they can play while on business trips. Imagine that they have the full download installed. Imagine that they connect by tethering with their cell phone. Imagine they start the game and think "I'll let it patch up" only to have their settings changed to the streaming client. Imagine they get a ginormous bill from their phone company. Imagine one really ticked off customer.

It CANNOT be that hard to ensure that the setting stay persistent. It is simply a lack of QA that allows this to happen. People are willing to forgive a one off occurence, but that is not what we are seeing. With the launch of the new client we have seen a PERSISTENT lack of QA lead to numerous problems, and more importantly, a recurrence of problems.

SOE, FIX IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 06-20-2012, 09:58 AM   #11
Xianthia

Loremaster

Please fix the issues with the launcher.  For the love of something or other... please don't populate the username/password with something I've never seen before..

username [objectOject]

password **************

What is this about?

Xianthia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:13 PM   #12
CityKitty

Loremaster

Lizabethan wrote:

TSR-AlexS wrote:

I tried to do this but, in the box I only have choices of language or public test. There's nothing else there. What am I doing wrong?

CityKitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 12:24 PM   #13
Lizabethan

Philosopher

CityKitty wrote:

Lizabethan wrote:

TSR-AlexS wrote:

I tried to do this but, in the box I only have choices of language or public test. There's nothing else there. What am I doing wrong?

You're in the far upper left corner, I assume, where it says "version: _____"? Go to the bottom left corner with the button that looks like a wrench ("advanced tools") and follow TSR's steps above.

Old 06-20-2012, 12:34 PM   #14
Raknid

Loremaster

CityKitty wrote:

Lizabethan wrote:

TSR-AlexS wrote:

There is a little icon down at the bottom left, if I remember right, that when you click on it brings up the options.

Old 06-20-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
urgthock

Loremaster

CityKitty wrote:

Lizabethan wrote:

TSR-AlexS wrote:

urgthock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 01:19 PM   #16
Yimway

Loremaster

Admitedly as the above picture represents, the UI around this function isn't clear.

More than that, I should have to do double backflips in order to somehow turn straming on.  It degrades the game experience so significantly that trying to turn it on should warn me severely, in like bold red text.