EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 04-10-2012, 01:32 AM   #301
Raknid

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

who just want to play the game and not grind.

See...here's the funny thing. If you DO actually play the game...like explore, do the quests, fight the mobs, do the dungeons, etc...you end up with a very nice amount of AA. The problem is people don't want to "play" the game AND they don't want to grind, which ends up meaning we have happen what we did; people get a handout.

Raknid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 12:22 PM   #302
CoLD MeTaL

Loremaster

Raknid wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

See...here's the funny thing. If you DO actually play the game...like explore, do the quests, fight the mobs, do the dungeons, etc...you end up with a very nice amount of AA. The problem is people don't want to "play" the game AND they don't want to grind, which ends up meaning we have happen what we did; people get a handout.

If you run every dungeon/zone/kill every named in game you wouldn't get to 70aa with out repition, ie grind.  Add to that every non repeatable quest that doesn't have a prerequisite or involve raiding, you might get to 150aa.  That to me is "playing the game"

You have to face it that AA was invented with the idea that you would be running 'shard' zones every day for years to get to cap.  And if you didn't have a group to do that then u were just out of luck.  That puts a LOT of people behind the 8 ball.

CoLD MeTaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:30 PM   #303
bks6721

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

99.5% of the time I solo or just dou with my wife.  I don't even have ToFSx2 access on any characters, yet I have 10 90's @ 320aa.  I don't understand why some people think its really that hard to get aa.  In addition to those 10, I have 8 more sitting at level 70, all with 180+ aa.

For instance, this x2 exp weekend I took my 70 Dirge (solo with Pally merc) through CoV, Den, Blackscale, Vaults of El'rad and Halls of Fate.  Four zones, only ran one time each, and got 41aa.  Two weeks ago she was level 20.  Now she's 70 with 195aa.

Only ONE of my level 90's did the EW questline.  The others didn't because they hit 320aa before they got around to doing them.

Some people say they don't want to grind.  Well I don't grind either.  I do run characters through zones trying to find an upgrade and I get aa while doing it.  One run through Evernight Abbey will give a level 70 about 10aa even after they've killed the named on a double exp weekend.   I solo'd over 100aa on my 70 Warden just going through some easy dungeons this weekend.  I don't consider that grinding, I consider it playing the game.

I copied some of my 90's to test_copy to see what its like to level past 90.  My templar got her first two prestige points in one run through a TSO dungeon in half an hour.  Leveling to 92 will be easy.

you hve how many alts at end level now? so what is your veteran bonus?

10 at 90/320... vet bonus 200%.    The SAME vet bonus available to everyone who plays enough to have 10 90's.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:48 PM   #304
bks6721

Loremaster

CoLD MeTaL wrote:

Raknid wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

If you run every dungeon/zone/kill every named in game you wouldn't get to 70aa with out repition, ie grind.  Add to that every non repeatable quest that doesn't have a prerequisite or involve raiding, you might get to 150aa.  That to me is "playing the game"

You have to face it that AA was invented with the idea that you would be running 'shard' zones every day for years to get to cap.  And if you didn't have a group to do that then u were just out of luck.  That puts a LOT of people behind the 8 ball.

simply not true..  I have 8 chars at level 70.  They all have soloed to 70 and they all have about 200aa.  I've locked them temporarily because I have all the quests in Barren Sky and Bonemire to do still.   It is VERY rare for me to level past 50 with less than 150aa.   None of them 'grind' as you'd call it.  I have way too many alts to be running zones multiple times on each one.

Hint... during the double exp weekend I ran my 70 dirge through Halls of Fate, Achedasiem, Crypt of Valdoon, Den and Blackscale and maybe the Nest of Great Egg.  To do those zones one time each took about 3 hours.  She got 43aa doing just that.

8 of my 10 90's have never quested at all in Moors.  In fact my last char to hit 90 skipped the entire RoK/SF questlines and still hit 90/320 in 3 days /played SOLO.   He solo quested through the clould mount questline in KoS then did his Reet Faction in Seb, then did his epic weapon quest. Then he went straight to Great Divide.  He's never been to Eastern Wastes.  I'm waiting for the aa cap to go up first.

bks6721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 04:03 AM   #305
Te'ana

Tester

If you create a new toon it is easy to get AA, but if you have old toons it is impossible to get enough AAs from normal progression.

Te'ana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 10:43 AM   #306
Onorem

Loremaster

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

If you create a new toon it is easy to get AA, but if you have old toons it is impossible to get enough AAs from normal progression.

If you have characters created pre-AA, you've had 6 years to gain them.

Years.

6 YEARS of normal gameplay is clearly enough. No grinding required. Maybe chronomenter and run old content at times...

Old 04-11-2012, 12:03 PM   #307
Rijacki

Tester

[email protected] Bazaar wrote:

Not true.

I have a character created on day one. I do not ever grind with her. There is A LOT of content I haven't done with her (and am perpetually surprised by seeing white stars on her). I have never raided with her and have "missed" a lot of heroic content with her since it's usually been a different character I've been primarily playing the adventure game with from KoS on. I've did a considerable number of quests with her pre-AA. Yet, even with only one other adventure 90 on that account, Rijacki will be at 280+ AA when GU63 launches. I still have many of her vet reward XP potions 'cause I routinely forget to use them *laugh* Oh and she hasn't finished Epic Repercussions just 'cause I hadn't gotten around to working on it. She's gotten past the library step. I should get that done.

I have recently (halfway through last Saturday) been interested in getting my dirge on the other account advanced. I had pettered off leveling her mid 80s (last time she has been 'capped' was when 80 was the max). She was created before KoS launched and was my main adventure character from then until shortly before RoK launched (when my adventure main changed to my current adventure main, my coercer). She is my sole 90 adventurer on that account. I got 2 AA on her last night (at most, a 25% potion running) in the hour I played her last night, just doing DoV solo quests. I might miss the 280 mark on her, but not by to far and definately not the "impossible" some claim. She's at 216 or 217 now, definately a lot more than "oh my ghods, you can't get to more than 100 AA without doing insane grinds". Before Saturday, the last time I did heroic content with her was.. umm.. EoF. She doesn't even have her epic, the first one, not the raid one. I should work on that tonight. *laugh*

Old 04-11-2012, 03:45 PM   #308
Caethre

Loremaster

Piestro wrote:

[Piestro] Is the level increase just for adventure levels, or are crafting levels going to be increasing as well?

[AH] Both Adventure and Crafting levels will be increasing.

[Piestro] Let’s talk a bit more about the Prestige System. This is something brand new, and from the talk around the office, people are quite excited. What can you tell us?

[AH] We’re considering all the adventure levels past 90 as “Prestige Levels.” Each level is going to take more time than you are used to in order to complete and ....

(( Adding two new levels to adventuring and crafting?

Good.

Making the adventuring levels take more time than we are used to in order to complete?

Good. This is pleasing to adventuring players, because adventurers don't want it all over in a flash, they want to feel they earned it with putting the effort in. Great stuff.

Making the crafting levels also take more time than we are used to in order to complete?

No? Why not? This is just the same. Crafters want that feeling too. We don't want to just press a button and ding 92! Adventurers who have no interest in crafting will want crafting to be trivialized, but crafters do not.

Please make the crafting levels take more time as well! Same logic as for adventurers. ))

Lady Lorianna Ardinwena [92/320 Monk|92 Carpenter](Koada`Dal)

Lady Suzanna Narinyaare [92/320 Conjuror|92 Woodworker](Koada`Dal)

Lady Annaelisa Lorinfinlinde [92/320 Fury|92 Tailor](Koada`Dal)

Lady Silvianna [92/320 Illusionist|92 Jeweler](Koada`Dal)

Jennianna [92/320 Dirge|92 Weaponsmith](Koada`Dal)

Aurielle [92/320 Wizard|92 Alchemist](Koada`Dal)

Valerianna [92/320 Guardian|92 Armourer](Koada`Dal)

Sarahanna [92/320 Swashbuckler|92 Provisioner](Koada`Dal)

Katherianna [92/286 Beserker|92 Sage](Koada`Dal)

Guildleader of The True Path - A roleplay-based guild (level 77) on Antonia Bayle
Caethre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #309
7foggynites

Lord

Well someone who levels to 90 without ever getting AA's (or just very few) and then suddenly finds out that they're stuck at 90 until they have 280 AA will feel frustrated. Worse, their zone options at level 90 are restricted to level 90 content. It might get boring staying in the same zones all the time! It might feel grindy! Even if they mentor and go to lower level content to stop from feeling bored, they might be discouraged when they discover that none of the loot is useful to them.

This is one of the reasons I always levelled up slowly in eq1 ... to get aa and to use more of the content to stop from being bored. If you stop at X 5 different times then you will have more zone choices than if you only do it once.

Another reason to do that is you'll be more prepared for encounters and not be underequipped or underdeveloped. This leads to less frustration because you will experience less wipes, overall. It's a way to control things.

A level 90 isn't going to want a level 20 in the group, basically. That's why AA's matter.

AA's and levels are the same thing. They're a progression measurement.

Should just think of AA's as mini-levels.