EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > The Norrathian Herald > Community News
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-03-2012, 06:52 AM   #31
SeregWethrin

Loremaster

Someone failed their math and ended it on january 2nd 11:59 pm haha

Old 01-03-2012, 07:00 AM   #32
cmcgillis

Lord

Well needless to say I'm extremely disappointed in the day missing had planned out the weekend and took and extra day off work.  Hope SOE reconsiles us with some kind of benefit considering I got SC cards to get xp pots/vitalty pots it's really a slap in the face considering I've done nothing but back this game it's getting out of hand lately.  Give us another day, or another weekend.

cmcgillis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:03 AM   #33
Applo

Loremaster

Yeah...this sucks.  So not only did they say the wrong date but they counted the wrong number of days? 

Epic fail.

Applo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 07:15 AM   #34
Naraku

Loremaster

I'm extremely disappointed with this myself. I pay for two accounts, one for myself and one for my girlfriend to use. And we intended to make tomorrow a day where we spent all day level with each other (more like me helping her out at this point), but still. If I had known that SOE was going to bone us on the extra day I would have spent today do that with her.

She was really looking forward to it. SMILEY

Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:18 AM   #35
Kunaak

Loremaster

why did double XP end a day early?

Kunaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:23 AM   #36
Banedon_Toran

Lord

Somebody can't count basically. Either the announcements were wrong, or whomever coded the end date/time got it wrong. I hope we get confirmation one way or the other, I'm not particularly bothered about whether we get the +100% xp or not (that's what "double xp" is, it doesn't double potions/vitality/veteran bonuses) but it would be nice if Sony acknowledges that they dropped the ball (in one way or the other) and let's us know what the situation is.
Banedon_Toran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:08 AM   #37
clairebear

Lord

Immensely disappointed to hear it has finished a day earlier than advertised. We stopped playing early yesterday thinking we'd finish off utilising double xp tonight. They should at least have one make-up double xp day this weekend.

Main: Skyefall (Ward)

Main Alt: Squeakin (Zerk)

Guild & RC: Beyond Divine

Alt Guild: House of Dragons
clairebear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #38
Demonator
Server: Crushbone
Guild: Godmode

Loremaster

Isulith wrote:

This coming weekend, from 12:01 AM PDT on Friday, December 30th and ending at 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, January 3rd, EverQuest II will be running a Double XP promotion (+100% XP). Take advantage of these five days and watch those XP bars fill up!

The bonus applies to AA, tradeskill, and adventure experience gained this weekend. Our French, German, Japanese and Test servers will also be enjoying the increase in XP gain.

Happy New Year and happy adventuring!

Quoted it before they come in and ninja change it like they typically do and act like we were seeing things ;P

Demonator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:00 AM   #39
smalltalk

If you are that paranoid, you'd better print screen it SMILEY

Do you think they will be adding an extra day or two for this mistake??

smalltalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:18 AM   #40
Katey
Server: Blackburrow
Guild: Kindred Souls

Loremaster

Where did the double xp go?  The website and even this post state that it was ending January 3rd at 11:59pm.  Did it get taken down by mistake with frostfell?  What a let down, I made sure to put my crafting off till today when it was a little less busy in the guild and now the double xp is missing.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:43 AM   #41
Naraku

Loremaster

No it's true, they are giving us an extra day of "BonUs" XP. SMILEY

Seriously though, I hope they fix this, my girlfriend and I love this game hardcore.

Naraku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:46 AM   #42
MrWolfie

Loremaster

Isulith wrote:

[email protected] DLere wrote:

On another post a week or so ago whent his was originally announced, they said it will till midnight on 1/2/12, now they are saying till midnight on 1/3/12 and then saying it's 5 days in one location and 4 days on this post in the forums, which it still has the 1/3/12 date on there. Which is it?

It's been extended so the updated version (this one) is correct. We're sorry for the confusion.

The confusion is clearly not limited to what you told your customers, but also the SOE staff responsible for turning it off.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #43
Sedory

Loremaster

Let the SOE folks get in the office to reply already, they'll likely turn it back on immediately..

And to the troll, l2count server listings.. you can even see them from the front page of the eq2 site.

Sedory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:53 AM   #44
Alezrick
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Onslaught

Loremaster

Lol where did the exp bonus go?! SMILEY

Its no longer on SoE, turn it back on!!!! you said it was on for another day and its off SMILEY

Alezrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #45
clairebear

Lord

At this point I'd say they should give an extra day bonus on an alternative day. For those of us on international servers, we've already lost half a day.

Old 01-03-2012, 10:56 AM   #46
Alezrick
Server: Mistmoore
Guild: Onslaught

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

At this point I'd say they should give an extra day bonus on an alternative day. For those of us on international servers, we've already lost half a day.

Here here!  ^

Alezrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:07 AM   #47
Kawaia
Server: Splitpaw
Guild: Dunamis

Loremaster

Now I just wonder how they will compensate for the veteran and Station Cash XP bonus potions that people have used already without getting the server bonus.

Of course I don't believe they will ever be able to compensate for wasted XP/AA from turning in quests, collections, L&L believeing SOE would stay true to their word, but NO of course not.

The least they can do is:

• to announce a new weekend of a new 36 hour period immediately, so those of us in Europe who have wasted 15 hours of the day already without bonus get to use the time
  • Either check logs or give everyone 5-10 1 hr 110% xp potions to compensate for the ones we have used.
Old 01-03-2012, 11:31 AM   #48
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

Now I just wonder how they will compensate for the veteran and Station Cash XP bonus potions that people have used already without getting the server bonus.

Of course I don't believe they will ever be able to compensate for wasted XP/AA from turning in quests, collections, L&L believeing SOE would stay true to their word, but NO of course not.

• to announce a new weekend of a new 36 hour period immediately, so those of us in Europe who have wasted 15 hours of the day already without bonus get to use the time
  • Either check logs or give everyone 5-10 1 hr 110% xp potions to compensate for the ones we have used.

Yeah... no. Those potions aren't given/sold with the intention of only being used during bonus experience days. They are intended to be used at any time, and just because some people only use theirs during bonus experience weekends does not mean that the potions did not fulfill their purpose--they increased xp gain by 110% (or whatever amount was listed). There's absolutely no reason to compensate the potions; they functioned as advertised.

Hoping we see something soon about when/if double xp will turn back on. Had dedicated most of my weekend to Frostfell and was going to enjoy the double xp today so.. *fingers crossed!*

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #49
Banedon_Toran

Lord

[email protected] wrote:

Why do you need compensating? You do realise that all bonuses are added, not multiplied? Using a 110% potion during "double xp" doesn't make the potion 220% since the only xp that is "doubled" is the base xp. As an example, yesterday I was crafting with a 110% potion, vitality, and 7 other level 90 tradeskillers on the account, as such I got... XP + 100% XP (server) + 110% XP (potion) + 140% XP (7 level 90's) + 200% XP (vitality) for a total 550% bonus xp. NOT XP + 110% XP (potion) + 140% XP (7 level 90's) + 200% XP (vitality) X2 (double xp) for 1000% bonus xp.
Banedon_Toran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:36 AM   #50
Kawaia

Loremaster

Cyliena wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Yeah... no. Those potions aren't given/sold with the intention of only being used during bonus experience days. They are intended to be used at any time, and just because some people only use theirs during bonus experience weekends does not mean that the potions did not fulfill their purpose--they increased xp gain by 110% (or whatever amount was listed). There's absolutely no reason to compensate the potions; they functioned as advertised.

Hoping we see something soon about when/if double xp will turn back on. Had dedicated most of my weekend to Frostfell and was going to enjoy the double xp today so.. *fingers crossed!*

Yeah... yes.

People use them to maximise XP gain and it is no secret that they are used to further double a server bonus. People pay for them with SC with this purpose, and when an announced XP weekend is cut short people's XP/AA gain is halved from the expected, no matter how many yes-men or -women state otherwise.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:38 AM   #51
Kawaia

Loremaster

Banedon_Toran wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Why do you need compensating? You do realise that all bonuses are added, not multiplied? Using a 110% potion during "double xp" doesn't make the potion 220% since the only xp that is "doubled" is the base xp. As an example, yesterday I was crafting with a 110% potion, vitality, and 7 other level 90 tradeskillers on the account, as such I got... XP + 100% XP (server) + 110% XP (potion) + 140% XP (7 level 90's) + 200% XP (vitality) for a total 550% bonus xp. NOT XP + 110% XP (potion) + 140% XP (7 level 90's) + 200% XP (vitality) X2 (double xp) for 1000% bonus xp.

You fail at logic and math.

Mouseover the xp bar in the char window and you will see the bonus.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:39 AM   #52
clairebear

Lord

I too used a potion, but I won't expect that to be compensated. The potion was to grant an extra 110% xp gain, which it did irrespective of whether bonus xp weekend was on or off. I will, however, expect an additional whole day of bonus xp to compensate for losing today.

Old 01-03-2012, 11:40 AM   #53
Cyliena
Server: Everfrost
Guild: Crusaders of Neriak

Fansite Staff

[email protected] wrote:

Cyliena wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Yeah... yes.

People use them to maximise XP gain and it is no secret that they are used to further double a server bonus. People pay for them with SC with this purpose, and when an announced XP weekend is cut short people's XP/AA gain is halved from the expected, no matter how many yes-men or -women state otherwise.

Then submit a petition if you're dissatisfied.

Cyliena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 11:56 AM   #54
Afista

Loremaster

Isulith wrote:

This coming weekend, from 12:01 AM PDT on Friday, December 30th and ending at 11:59 PM PST on Tuesday, January 3rd, EverQuest II will be running a Double XP promotion (+100% XP). Take advantage of these five days and watch those XP bars fill up!

They turned this off a day early!! I made plans to be home for this today too : / Any chance it's going to be turned back on for the last day as stated?

Click Image for link to decorating consolidated works website

Consolidated Works Fourm Thread
Afista is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:12 PM   #55
Nindaene

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

If you actually used 5-10 potions after it ended, then that is your own fault. On my server, it was pretty obvious within 5-10 minutes that it had been turned off as everyone was talking about it in the channels.  I used up the potion that I was on because I was in Frostfell and that was ending... otherwise I would have just camped and saved the potion for another day.  But I wouldn't have continued to pop potions at that point regardless.

Nindaene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:16 PM   #56
kelesia

Loremaster

It would take very little to fix this - an apology, turn it back on, extend it another day. It harms no one and the community would appreciate the honesty and the gesture. Then again, people are just going to complain regardless.  I would have done things differently myself had I realized that it was ending a day early.  Anyways going to lay back down and probably nap. Then see in a couple of hours if it's back on so I can work on my inquis.

Old 01-03-2012, 12:22 PM   #57
EQ2Playa432

Loremaster

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

It would take very little to fix this - an apology, turn it back on, extend it another day. It harms no one and the community would appreciate the honesty and the gesture. Then again, people are just going to complain regardless.  I would have done things differently myself had I realized that it was ending a day early.  Anyways going to lay back down and probably nap. Then see in a couple of hours if it's back on so I can work on my inquis.

You're right, it wouldn't take much to fix this. It's basically like taking away a gift - but it's not suprising. I don't think anyone over there is on the same page.

EQ2Playa432 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:32 PM   #58
Glenolas

Loremaster

ramblinrod wrote:

I wonder if there were other people, like me, who made plans based on the posted information that we'd have double-XP until the end of today (1/3/12), and are very unhappy to find their schedule choices backfired.  Outages and crap like that, we have to live with, but what's the excuse for this?

Yes, there were.  Here's 4.

Glenolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:33 PM   #59
mrdillman

Loremaster

the 110% pots to everyone would be nice cause then ppl would be able to choose when there double xp was...but either way compensation is compensation...it would be nice to hear either way what they plan to do......honestly (being greedy here) id love to see a 210% potion as thats what i would of had during the time of the double xp (100% server bonus + 110% potion) as thats the only time i use potions...but once again thats me just being gready.....

this would of been only day for me to utilize the double xp out of the weekend and im off for the next 4 days so im hoping they will just extend it so im still able to utilize some of the double xp

mrdillman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 12:56 PM   #60
Denon

Loremaster

Grrrr - I wish I would have known when it was really going to end. Yesterday I made other plans and I had today set aside to play. I would have switched it and played EQ yesterday if I would have known.

----------------------- [ Permafrost Server] -----------------
Thomm ... Qeynos 92/320 Troubador, 92 Carpenter, T9 (450) Transmuter
Denon ..... Qeynos 90/320 Warden, 90 Tailor
Draziw ..... Freeport 92/320 Wizard, 90 Sage
Jacuzzi .... Freeport 92/320 Necromancer, 90 Woodworker
Steab ...... Qeynos 92/320 Guardian, 90 Armorer, T9 (450) Tinker
----------------------------------------------------------------

.....(-.-).....

Denon is offline   Reply With Quote