EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 05-06-2010, 12:15 PM   #1
CrazyMoogle

Loremaster

So my wife and did Draconic for a couple characters recently, and it struck me what an amazing zone this is.  It still looks amazing and it clearly had to have taken a HUGE amount of time to build it.  It's really a shame that it's basicly unused at this point.

With all the revamps and all, why not consider at least making a higher level version of it.  It's probably too big to be used as an instance, but could be made into a high level contested area.  Make 2 versions, and you select the appropriate one when you click the door -- the current low level one or a level 90+ one.  Put in some names with some nice drops that get better the further down you go.  I think it would be a lot of fun to reuse what may be the best designed dungeon in EQ2.

CrazyMoogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 01:15 PM   #2
Levatino

Loremaster

Like they did with Runnyeye. Yeah good suggestion

Old 05-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #3
steelbadger

Loremaster

I always really wanted to see mobs with sizeable kickups on the glass pathways.  Make it so!

steelbadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
agnott

Loremaster

It's a great zone, and the OP is right. They should do somthing with it.

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 02:32 PM   #5
Banditman

Loremaster

It would make an AMAZING raid zone.

Old 05-06-2010, 02:55 PM   #6
Yimway

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

/agree

Old 05-06-2010, 04:44 PM   #7
CrazyMoogle

Loremaster

Banditman wrote:

That's also a great idea that I didn't initially think of.

Old 05-06-2010, 04:56 PM   #8
agnott

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

Banditman wrote:

That's also a great idea that I didn't initially think of.

and the mother of all raid monsters is already in there. I'm sure he would love this idea.

agnott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 06:44 PM   #9
Jrral

Loremaster

agnott wrote:

and the mother of all raid monsters is already in there. I'm sure he would love this idea.

And before then, he'd likely become an x6. SMILEY

Jrral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:04 PM   #10
GrunEQ

Tester

Making it a raid zone would make it really hard for Sol Ro Diety Quest, unless they change the quest when they make it a raid zone.

"O to be a voyager and a yoyeur no longer."

GrunEQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:10 PM   #11
Ambrin
Server: Nagafen
Guild: Illuminati

Loremaster

GrunEQ wrote:

Making it a raid zone would make it really hard for Sol Ro Diety Quest, unless they change the quest when they make it a raid zone.

There would still be the contested, level 50 version of the zone. When people are saying that it should be a raid zone is that there would be second version of the zone filled with high level raid mobs.

I also agree with making this zone into a raid zone, particularly the bottom levels. I would suggest that Nagafen be the boss of the zone, but I'd rather not we kill him. Instead we could attack, get him down n health and have him fly away leaving us to plunder some of his treasures.

Ambrin - 92 Monk / 92 Tailor / 320 AA

Ambryn - 92 Dirge / 320 AA

Visjeer - 92 Necromancer

Oryn - 90 Inquisitor
Ambrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 09:23 PM   #12
Evanair

Loremaster

Totally For this.  Was actually discussing the SAME thing 2 days ago.  Not only does the zone LOOK amazing, it does it with almost NO lag for the quality that it has.

Would love an x2 Raid zone in it.  Maybe Skip some of the earlier content and have you zone in closer to the bottom.

Evanair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #13
Bregdania
Server: Najena

Loremaster

This is a great idea but I've been thinking the opposite to this for so many raid zones!  

As a solo player who has an occasional group I desperately want to see inside these raid zones.  Just sneaking my nose into some of the zones before being smashed into the ground has made me utterly drool to see more.  The graphics in some of these zones is utterly fantastic and I feel sad not to be able to see the fruits of the labor put in by the developers.

The way Runnyeye was redone shows that it certainly is a possibility either way.

Bregdania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 10:30 AM   #14
CrazyMoogle

Loremaster

Evanair wrote:

Totally For this.  Was actually discussing the SAME thing 2 days ago.  Not only does the zone LOOK amazing, it does it with almost NO lag for the quality that it has.

Would love an x2 Raid zone in it.  Maybe Skip some of the earlier content and have you zone in closer to the bottom.

What would be awesome to me is if they could make it into a sort of Vex Thal like zone (any who raided in EQ1 will know what I mean).

Keep the zone huge and put a lot of names in it, of course getting harder and harder as you go down.  Since it will have so many names put it on a 1 week reset timer.  Maybe divide it into sections so when you go back to pick up your instance you can port into whatever section you have currently cleared up to.

Old 05-07-2010, 11:27 AM   #15
Skwor

Loremaster

I agree a Vex Thall type zone would be sweet! I would like to see it as the whole package, a similiar quest to gain access (solo, group and raid components to finish final access), a VERY LONG raid. the whole nine yards.

Skwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 11:36 AM   #16
Rahatmattata

Loremaster

Nah, they should nerf it to solo mobs with the occasional ^ and sprinkle hubs of solo errands throughout that shuffle you along from one camp to the next.

A Cure For Cancer
Rahatmattata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:13 PM   #17
Evanair

Loremaster

Skwor wrote:

I agree a Vex Thall type zone would be sweet! I would like to see it as the whole package, a similiar quest to gain access (solo, group and raid components to finish final access), a VERY LONG raid. the whole nine yards.

Love the Idea.. MINUS the access quest.  Unless one person can lead everyone in, I totally disagree.  Contested Drops for keys on rare mobs with extremely rare drops would ruin the fun of any new zone.

Now, Id like it if access was granted by being required to kill certain named in order to get to the next lower level, kinda like Trak Access

Evanair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:16 PM   #18
Elebu
Server: Antonia Bayle
Guild: Ancient Prophecy

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So my wife and did Draconic for a couple characters recently, and it struck me what an amazing zone this is.  It still looks amazing and it clearly had to have taken a HUGE amount of time to build it.  It's really a shame that it's basicly unused at this point.

With all the revamps and all, why not consider at least making a higher level version of it.  It's probably too big to be used as an instance, but could be made into a high level contested area.  Make 2 versions, and you select the appropriate one when you click the door -- the current low level one or a level 90+ one.  Put in some names with some nice drops that get better the further down you go.  I think it would be a lot of fun to reuse what may be the best designed dungeon in EQ2.

+1

Elebu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 02:33 PM   #19
Banditman

Loremaster

Evanair wrote:

Skwor wrote:

Love the Idea.. MINUS the access quest.  Unless one person can lead everyone in, I totally disagree.  Contested Drops for keys on rare mobs with extremely rare drops would ruin the fun of any new zone.

Now, Id like it if access was granted by being required to kill certain named in order to get to the next lower level, kinda like Trak Access

That would actually work out pretty well with the layout of the zone.

You have the first elevator, which might be unlocked by a named or two in the very upper part.

You have the door in the Speaker of Fates room which might be unlocked by a named or two in the "caves" area.

You have the elevator that leads down to the glass bridges that might be unlocked by a named or two in the giant / efreeti hallway area.

You have the elevator that leads up and down about halfway through the glass walkway area.

You have the Oratorium of Thyr.

Lots of great choke points.