EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 02-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #151
acctlc

Loremaster

I appreciate that someone is actually trying to do something about this now, but can I point out that this original post was done *yesterday*.   Where was the scrambling to fix it then.  Just because folks were able to get into game yesterday didn't mean it was any more playable.  I had to wait until the wee hours of the morning just to run a group because zone times were 10 mins and folks were crashing left and right.  And again there is the battleground issue that clearly demonstrates the shortcomings of Oasis in particular.  Since the server side zoning was so horrid, I resorted to battlegrounds.  On nearly every match I played (10+) yesterday I was left sitting in the battleground with any other poor Oasis souls for 5+ minutes after everyone else had been zoned home.   Unless this is addressed, I'd say free server transfers isn't an unreasonable demand, and if you do such Oasis will become a ghost town.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #152
Striking2

Loremaster

Since it bears repeating...

Free server transfers please!  Thank you

Striking2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:08 PM   #153
Frijoles
Server: Oasis
Guild: Destined for Glory

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

They are doing something.  Again, I understand the frustration.  I truly do and I'm trying to get information for you.

You're not being ignored, cross my heart.

As far as the please be patient bit of it, that's really all I can ask of you right now.  I can't make the fixing go any faster and pitching hissies on the forums and screaming at me and using foul language and sending threats to us isn't going to make it go faster.

No one is sitting there laughing about the problem nor are they ignoring it because they don't care.  The first priority here is to get the server stabilized and running properly.  Answering my questions will come after that is taken care of and then I will relay the information to you. 

In the meantime I tell you what I can and let you know that we're working on the issue.  As much as I know you guys want to know what's going on and I would love to tell you, at this point, I am more than happy to have the team fix the problem first and tell me what was up after they get it fixed.

For my part, I want to know why it had to get this bad (on a Sunday, no less) before something got done about it.

I've been posting notes and updates about what's been happening to us (over in the general gameplay forum - though I'm certainly not the only one), since the 16th of February.

Why hasn't anyone officialy acknowledge that the problem(s) existed before now?

Why weren't adequate measures taken before it got this bad?

If you're going after some answers, Kiara, those are the ones that interest me most - and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Frijoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:10 PM   #154
Jerma

General

So there i was..."Recieving zone info........

Old 02-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #155
zimmer

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

Flawhatever wrote:

Hahaha, keep pressing those SOE CSR hotkeys Kiara. "Please be patient", "They are working on it", "Your money is very important to us. Please stay subscribed. Your money will be taken in the order you signed up." Oh crap, need to remake hotkey #3 Larry. We accidently put the word money in there instead of petition.

There's no need to be rude.  Also, I'm not Customer Service, I don't have hotkeys, and trolling will be met with the dark elven mod-stick of doom.  Which again, please don't make me do that, as it really doesn't help the situation.

Kkthx.

I am currently lighting up cell phones with "Now?" "How about now?" "Now?" "Now now now?" messages and making a rather annoying pita of myself

They understand why! I am sure

zimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:11 PM   #156
Shakaar

Loremaster

FIX THIS SERVER!

OR

Give me a FREE TRANSFER!

**edited out the obnoxiously large text as it doesn't help matters -k

Shakaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:12 PM   #157
Jakkyll
Server: Befallen
Guild: The Tranquil Order

Loremaster

ok, now that is an adequate update, now where's my free 30 cp lol
Jakkyll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #158
Jakkyll

Loremaster

Shakaar wrote:

FIX THIS SERVER!

OR

Give me a FREE TRANSFER!

*edited out the obnoxiously large text as it really doesn't help matters -k

wow, some people just don't have any brains

Old 02-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #159
hardball13vl

Loremaster

Can they just merge us already? Oasis is like a 96 year old man dying slowly and painfully in a hospital with no help staff to make him feel better.

hardball13vl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:14 PM   #160
Sambone

Loremaster

[email protected] wrote:

So there i was..."Recieving zone info........

lol shoot....wtb waiting for zone info even. just sitting here in an empty smuggler's run save for 2 other people unfortunate enough to be on the oasis server.

Sambone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #161
Rhaina
Guild: Keepers of the Oak

Loremaster

Thanks for the birthday wishes Kiara SMILEY

I'm frustrated too, but come on guys.. don't make Kiara the punching bag.  She's great with putting up with us, I wouldn't be able to do it.  The server problems aren't personally her fault and I'm sure she'd fix it on her own asap just to shut us up.

I do think Oasis should get an explanation though on why our server has so many issues and it 100k + less population than others.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:15 PM   #162
Kiara

Community Relations

[email protected] wrote:

Why hasn't anyone officialy acknowledge that the problem(s) existed before now?

Why weren't adequate measures taken before it got this bad?

If you're going after some answers, Kiara, those are the ones that interest me most - and I'm sure I'm not alone.

Very likely because they were working on sorting out what the problem was and fixing it.  Again, that takes priority over just about everything else.  I know that it's a pain in the hinie for you guys.  Next time drop me a note to look into it.  I can't read every thread on the forums everyday, as I've got a lot of other responsibilities that I have to fulfill.  No that isn't an excuse, just a please draw my attention to it so that I can look into getting info.

That I can't answer, because I don't know what's involved tech side.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:16 PM   #163
Flawhatever

Loremaster

Kiara wrote:

Flawhatever wrote:

Hahaha, keep pressing those SOE CSR hotkeys Kiara. "Please be patient", "They are working on it", "Your money is very important to us. Please stay subscribed. Your money will be taken in the order you signed up." Oh crap, need to remake hotkey #3 Larry. We accidently put the word money in there instead of petition.

There's no need to be rude.  Also, I'm not Customer Service, I don't have hotkeys, and trolling will be met with the dark elven mod-stick of doom.  Which again, please don't make me do that, as it really doesn't help the situation.

Kkthx.

I am currently lighting up cell phones with "Now?" "How about now?" "Now?" "Now now now?" messages and making a rather annoying pita of myself

I'm sorry, was that rude? I was aiming for funny. Please be patient. I'm trying very hard to change my attitude. As soon as I know anything I'll let you know.

"Also, I'm not Customer Service" I LOVE this statement.

Keep up the good work. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

Flawhatever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #164
Jerma

General

Sambone Wrote:

lol shoot....wtb waiting for zone info even. just sitting here in an empty smuggler's run save for 2 other people unfortunate enough to be on the oasis server.

lol yeah that happened to me earlier.  Had to do a /petition the they told me i was released from BG and could play.  All the while i was still stuck in smugglers den.  /boggle.  So then had to do a /quit wait 10 minutes then log back on and no token reward and had a truancy timer

Old 02-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #165
Meunelite

Lord

During all the down-time today, I kept in touch with the server status page.  Looking at the number of registered accounts on all the servers available I got the idea to add it all up.

There are approximately 2.3 million registered accounts on the available EQ2 servers, and at $15 per month each, that puts MONTHLY revenue around 34.5 million dollars US.  At that level of cash flow, I think we deserve better service than what we've seen since Sentinal's Fate rolled out.  As mentioned earlier in the threads, a bit of redundency to maintain good customer service isn't optional.  I concur.

... And while I'm on the subject. Battlegrounds and LON complicate an already complex issue.  Streamline and simplify and give us the option as to whether we'd like to download and work with all that extra garbage.  I've played the game since 2007 and never once opened LON.  Not interested.  So why does SOE jam it down our throats with regular time consuming updates?

Just poor design, and this week: poor performance in my opinion.

Meunelite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:17 PM   #166
Kiara

Community Relations

Flawhatever wrote:

I'm sorry, was that rude? I was aiming for funny. Please be patient. I'm trying very hard to change my attitude. As soon as I know anything I'll let you know.

+50 pts for funny.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #167
Frijoles
Guild: Destined for Glory

Loremaster

Striking2 wrote:

[email protected] wrote:

Kiara is not to blame for this, there is a fundamental lag in communication that occurs within any sizable bureaucracy. To all appearances the issue seems to be that the hardware of our server is on the verge of collapse. Please just give us any info you have, Kiara, as it becomes available. Thanks for being here to try to be the buffer zone between the angry mob and the franenstein's monster of the techies.

The problem is IT directors do not convey to their IT personnel that they ARE part of customer service whether it be for in house users or paying customers.  So while IT is working hard to resolve the problem/s (mostly from home on a day like today) and under a lot of pressure to do so, they are not taking the responsibility of being part of customer service to heart.  That is a failure of upper management.   Anyone who interacts with the customer is unfortunately taking the brunt of the abuse.  It really is not that hard to make updates on a regular interval to the CS manager if that is what is expected of IT.  Again though, that is rarely the expectation of those departments to do so.

I honestly expect this server to be down most of the day tomorrow undergoing extensive repairs under the assumption is is mostly a hardware issue. /crosses fingers

(emphasis mine)

An absolutely spot-on assessment, imo.

Although I doubt it'll boil down to a hardware issue, per se - I think it has more to do with changes made to their network architecture in order to accommodate Battlegrounds. Something doesn't fit right.

Frijoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #168
Skwor

Loremaster

First this obviously needs fixed.

Second, since Oasis will be massivly behind ALL the other servers I would hope you (SOE) plan on providing a TON of double XP/AA bonous days to make up for this. This is way out of hand.

This has gone on for two weeks and continued to get worse, SOE needs to pony up to this mistake and not just fix it but do right by the Oasis player base.

Fixing a problem is only half the solution one needs to also make ammends for the issues the problem created.

Skwor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:24 PM   #169
collins

Loremaster

future of oasis server from what I have seen. NC soft with aion is doing the same thing... lets see they could do a server merge but why would they. they make more money if the server stays and people get fed up and transpher out. its all about the $$$ oasis has what 57,600 ish players times that by $25 thats $1,440,000 cash they see why would they wanna lose that just to make the players happy.

collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:27 PM   #170
Kiara

Community Relations

Let's not start with the conspiracy theories please SMILEY

I'm out of tin foil and can't make that many hats.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:28 PM   #171
collins

Loremaster

truth hurts money makes the world go round

Old 02-28-2010, 09:30 PM   #172
Kiara

Community Relations

Not if what you're saying isn't the truth.  It's actually libel SMILEY

That isn't the case and so kindly don't go spreading that nasty little rumour like it's the truth. 

Thank you.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:35 PM   #173
collins

Loremaster

if thats not the case then whats taking so long merging oasis server? majority of the players have wanted it for years. yet its not happening. btw we also have some of the worst server hardware.

oh and if we merge with a server that has 120k players making that server 186k players on a server then that bumps the merged server too umm hey average population

not trying to start up rumors just informing the people who are yelling for a merge that they are going on def ears and $$ filled eyes

Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #174
Kiara

Community Relations

We have no plans to merge any of the servers.  Oasis' server population is quite healthy and in line with all of the normally populated servers.

You're welcome to your theories, however please don't put them forth as facts.

And once again you are making an assumption.  You are attributing the motive of trying to fleece people for extra money.  That is not fact.  It is opinion and rumour.  Not merging the servers has nothing to do with your theories of the reasons.

That's enough.

That particular discussion is ended.  Don't try to get this thread locked so that others can't express valid notions here, if you please.

Old 02-28-2010, 09:38 PM   #175
Krugs

Loremaster

I do think Oasis should get an explanation though on why our server has so many issues and it 100k + less population than others. Totally agree with this, as well as a good argument for why we will not be merged if that is the case.
Krugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #176
collins

Loremaster

oasis 57,600 population  2nd lowest populated server is....128,000  thats almost 50% less players then runner up

and this is healthy server?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #177
Sambone

Loremaster

If our population is healthy why does the server status page show us with 1/3 the population of the next lowest population server?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:40 PM   #178
Krugs

Loremaster

Ok, was a bit slow on that Kiara, but still disagree with the decision. I feel Oasis need to be merged, and as I mentioned earlier, I was from Steamfont, and wasn't happy about the initial merger. Now I am asking for one and not getting it?
Krugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #179
Sambone

Loremaster

and I most definetely second the notion of merging oasis with the next lowest pop server.  I don't see what the debate is about.  If there really are no plans to merge it...why not?  Many people are screaming for it.  What's the reason not too when so many of sony's customers are asking for it?

Old 02-28-2010, 09:45 PM   #180
Jakkyll

Loremaster

I support Kiara, and all others that have to deal with such a rogues gallery as we on these forums, but I must humbly object to our server population being called healthy. We can very seldom find groups w/o guilds, and many guilds are folding, accounts are being canceled, even entire guilds are relocating to other servers. These are not signs of a healthy server. Please if you can put in a suggestion for us, let our server vote on weather or not to be merged.