EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire

Go Back   EQ2 Forum Archive @ EQ2Wire > EverQuest II > General EverQuest II Discussion > General Gameplay Discussion
Members List Search Mark Forums Read

Notices

Old 01-06-2010, 06:19 PM   #1
Malvin
Server: Lucan DLere
Guild: Felwithe Freedom Fighters

Loremaster

So, I'm trying to preorder the box collection set but there is a problem... I can't find it.  Best Buy doesn't have it, neither does Walmart or Target and Gamestop has never heard of the game (ya, picture that one).  So exactly how do we preorder this mythical thing?  

I live in a college town.. an SEC college town.  You would think that at least Sony would make sure some units got shipped to this area due to the demographic.. but nothing.  What gives?  How does one of the best MMORPGs currently out not get any shelf space?

Malvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:09 PM   #2
feldon30

Fansite Staff

There are a lot of issues with the pre-order for international folks. But strictly as far as Best Buy and GameStop, both carry the pre-order: http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/Pro...roduct_id=76310 http://www.bestbuy.com/site/EverQue...0fate&lp=1&cp=1
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:26 PM   #3
Malvin

Loremaster

I don't want to buy it online though, I want to buy it in the stores.  They aren't in the stores.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #4
Kiara

Community Relations

There isn't a physical pre-order box.  If you're looking for something of that nature, you won't find it.

However, Best Buy and Gamestop should both take a pre-order for the expansion as both are slated to carry the retail boxes at launch.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:30 PM   #5
Spritelady

Loremaster

I dunno, I walked into Gamestop, up to the counter and said "Hi I want to Pre-order Everquest II: Sentinels Fate Collector's Edition, Product ID 76310 on the Gamestop website" the guy said "Sure, that will be $5.00 for the pre-order let me take your name and phone number, we will call you when it arrives, which should be 2/16"

Worked fine for me.

Level 90 Fury

Dracos Reborn - Butcherblock Server
Spritelady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 07:40 PM   #6
Malvin

Loremaster

hmm, I was looking for the pre-order box.. sounds like they aren't doing that anymore.  Alright, I'll take a closer look at this then.

Old 01-06-2010, 07:54 PM   #7
Crickett

Loremaster

Yea, walk in the store and say "I want to pre-order SF"

Crickett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:24 PM   #8
Shareana

Lead Volunteer Moderator

Yep, I was able to go to the counter at my local Gamestop and set up a preorder directly that way.   Good luck!

Shareana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2010, 08:49 PM   #9
Juravael

Loremaster

Same here. I walked into Gamestop, asked the clerk to set me up for my pre-order, paid it in full and was back out in 10 minutes. I'll admit - the gamestop here in my little town has always been top notch when it comes to this sort of thing.

Juravael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 03:58 AM   #10
guillero

Loremaster

Spritelady wrote:

I dunno, I walked into Gamestop, up to the counter and said "Hi I want to Pre-order Everquest II: Sentinels Fate Collector's Edition, Product ID 76310 on the Gamestop website" the guy said "Sure, that will be $5.00 for the pre-order let me take your name and phone number, we will call you when it arrives, which should be 2/16"

Worked fine for me.

Funny,

I walked to one of the Gamestop stores here in Oslo, Norway. Asked about "EverQuest II: Sentinels Fate to pre-order. And they said that they never heard of it. Nor do they have it in their system.

Jer

guillero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 06:13 AM   #11
mrsma

General

[email protected] Bayle wrote:

Spritelady wrote:

Worked fine for me.

Funny,

I walked to one of the Gamestop stores here in Oslo, Norway. Asked about "EverQuest II: Sentinels Fate to pre-order. And they said that they never heard of it. Nor do they have it in their system.

Jer

That's because if you live OUTSIDE of the USA the simple fact is SOE could not care. The launch of this expansion is a joke.

Old 01-07-2010, 06:42 AM   #12
Kerane

Loremaster

It keeps amazing me to see that in the age of internet and fading borders, retailers are frantically trying to hold on to said borders .

Would be better to embrace the fact that this world has become a small place.

Releases still being cut up between different regions, is not of this time.

The rules prohibiting Amazon and other retailers from shipping overseas unless a specific deal has been made are outdated. The only ones who could be hurt by this are those in the import/export business, because they get bypassed alltogether by people buying online.

Well, maybe its about time they get cut out because they have been making stuff way more expensive then neccesary for a long time.

Old 01-07-2010, 07:51 AM   #13
Valphine

Loremaster

91 $ for me that lives in sweden if I order from amazon! and I almost bought it accedently ffs! Been bored for a couple of month now...and man, 5 years in EQ2! time to move on maybe....

Valphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 09:51 AM   #14
feldon30

Fansite Staff

Amazon, GameStop, etc. in Europe need someone to buy product from. The boxes do not materialize out of thin air. Normally this is an international distributor, but SOE does have other choices available to them since that search after 2 months has had a bupkis result.
feldon30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2010, 02:52 PM   #15
Kiara

Community Relations

And because this devolved into more blasting about the international retail distribution issues, I will remind everyone that there are two very active threads about the subject and direct you there.

Thank you.

Kiara is offline   Reply With Quote